MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Clannad: After Story »» Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

430 87.58%
4 out of 5: Liked it

50 10.18%
3 out of 5: It was OK

8 1.63%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.61%
Voters: 491

02-01-12, 7:59 PM

Every time Tomoya truly cries, it makes you want to as well. That just goes to show how well the anime did it's job. I'm glad that Tomoya did something for his father in the end.

I hope Kyou shows up soon, I need my beam of positive energy right about now, and some slaps/kicks/book throwing. ^^

02-08-12, 8:19 AM

The father-son interaction is my favorite scene in the entire CLANNAD series

"No it won't - I can bend down to reach you."

02-24-12, 12:24 PM

Fuck yes, Fuko's finally back.

04-03-12, 4:34 AM

As touching as ever, although I expected a bit more from the way one of in my opinion the most interesting relationships, the one between Tomoya and his dad, would be wrapped up. But I hope and kind of have the feeling the old man hasn't played his whole role yet. 5/5

04-24-12, 3:58 PM

-Shuda- said:
Every time Tomoya truly cries, it makes you want to as well. That just goes to show how well the anime did it's job. I'm glad that Tomoya did something for his father in the end.

I hope Kyou shows up soon, I need my beam of positive energy right about now, and some slaps/kicks/book throwing. ^^

Feel the same, this anime really has done an excellent job, very well executed!

Yay Fu-chan's back!!! ^^
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!

06-02-12, 12:08 AM

Isn't this a little simplistic? It's ok for Tomoya to reconcile with his dad and decide that he deserves gratitude, but is there no acknowledgment that the guy is a bit of a fuck-up? Remember when he got busted for drugs or something and Tomoya lost his job offer? Shouldn't there be an element of forgiveness here rather than everything being Tomoya's fault?

08-05-12, 1:52 AM

YUS FUKO.
And I cried when he was talking to his dad. Cried so hard.

08-12-12, 4:58 PM

OH MY GOD FUCKKKKKKKKKK!!!

MY CRIES MAN... THIS IS TOO MUCH! T__T

Please like my cosplay Facebook Fanpage ; u ; (I shall give you hugs if you do! ; 3 ;)

09-20-12, 9:57 PM

lmfao at the awkward nonsensical english lyrics at the beginning

also why the fuck is tomoya leaving a 5-year-old at home alone for extended periods of time? this is supposed to be preferable to leaving her with sanae and akkio? why? the fuck??????

and im glad fuko woke up shes pretty much my favorite character. her and sunohara i guess. i Really wish they were more present in after story, but i guess they would've clashed with the tone that they tried to set.

09-20-12, 10:10 PM

Fronzel said:
Isn't this a little simplistic? It's ok for Tomoya to reconcile with his dad and decide that he deserves gratitude, but is there no acknowledgment that the guy is a bit of a fuck-up? Remember when he got busted for drugs or something and Tomoya lost his job offer? Shouldn't there be an element of forgiveness here rather than everything being Tomoya's fault?

agreed, but i think this is something of a cultural thing. i think Japanese people are more self-effacing and humble and eager to place blame on themselves, rather than others. its kind of weird, and i cant say i entirely agree with it. but i think you could look at it as a kind of strength. but yea, tomoya's dad seems to be a weak person, especially in his old(er) age. seems to be a shell of a man basically. his own mom even acknowledged it last episode lol.

tomoya seems to be a lot more resilient, but perhaps some of this is due to the support network he has in nagisa's parents. although, speaking of support network, where the fuck is sunohara, his former best friend?

10-06-12, 2:04 PM

Awesome...Fuko is back!

11-09-12, 12:56 AM

Now im really depressed this show is too sad. Even the opening makes me sad now. Bringing Fuko back was a good escape from the sadness

12-12-12, 6:17 PM

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL TEARJERKING episode! AND Cool beans!!! Fuko is back! :PPP

02-24-13, 8:05 AM

I was glad to see Fuko again. Also loved the reunion with his father. Very emotional.

03-22-13, 11:53 AM

The beginning with the goodbye to the Furakawas was very beautiful. Seeing Sanae cry and Akio supporting her was amazing.

I'm glad that last ep Tomoya was told those stories about his dad by his grandmother. I think he realizes that not only was he going through a similar situation but like he said last ep, he wasn't a bad father.

Another beautiful ep. The goodbye with his father was just perfect. Was bawling this whole ep (I even cried during the OP lol)
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?

05-10-13, 11:40 AM

Very great episode 5/5

I would have felt the same was as Tomoya in regards to his father. His father worked non stop just to give Tomoya happiness, but in reality Tomoya was never once grateful toward him. Tomoya's father always kept a smile on his face even after Tomoya left the house and his father was sent to jail. In my honest opinion I'm glad his father finally rested because he needed a well deserved rest since he lost the love of his life, Tomoya, but in the end he regained Tomoya. To make the episode even more wonderful Nagisa left Tomoya a wonderful daughter and now Ushio got to meet her grandpa. Tomoya's father got to meet a precious person Ushio which I'm sure deep down filled his heart with joy.

Also about the light orbs when Tomoya received it will this orb be used to make his wish for a true happy ending? I mean didn't Mizawa say that those who manage to capture a light orb be granted a wish. Well in this case Tomoya got a light orb while unaware to it.

Fu~Chan is back ^^

05-12-13, 2:26 PM

great fuko is back only hoped they started to remember they met before. also now i respect tomoya's dad and was happy to see this episodes ending.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
[IMG]http://myanimelist.net/signature/Robertovk.png[/IMG]

05-15-13, 10:38 PM

Every episode, so.. many.. feels.

I actually cried with this episode, I don't usually cry with anything sad.

The record is now, only one movie and this episode that has been able to make me cry.

06-10-13, 9:49 AM

It's way too bad that nobody can remember what happened during Fuko's arc. I'm glad that she's back :)
''There is a sort of jealousy which needs very little fire; it is hardly a passion, but a blight bred in the cloudy, damp despondency of uneasy egoism.''
― George Eliot

07-26-13, 8:37 PM

So Fuko's pretty much a retard (has the mental capacity of a high schooler)? As for Tomoya and his dad i was expecting more emotion from the father but it was still sad. 8.5/10.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices