MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion

Pages (3) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6]
Poll: Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion

02-01-12, 7:59 PM

Every time Tomoya truly cries, it makes you want to as well. That just goes to show how well the anime did it's job. I'm glad that Tomoya did something for his father in the end.

I hope Kyou shows up soon, I need my beam of positive energy right about now, and some slaps/kicks/book throwing. ^^

02-08-12, 8:19 AM

The father-son interaction is my favorite scene in the entire CLANNAD series

"No it won't - I can bend down to reach you."

02-24-12, 12:24 PM

Fuck yes, Fuko's finally back.

04-03-12, 4:34 AM

As touching as ever, although I expected a bit more from the way one of in my opinion the most interesting relationships, the one between Tomoya and his dad, would be wrapped up. But I hope and kind of have the feeling the old man hasn't played his whole role yet. 5/5

04-24-12, 3:58 PM

-Shuda- said:
Every time Tomoya truly cries, it makes you want to as well. That just goes to show how well the anime did it's job. I'm glad that Tomoya did something for his father in the end.

I hope Kyou shows up soon, I need my beam of positive energy right about now, and some slaps/kicks/book throwing. ^^

Feel the same, this anime really has done an excellent job, very well executed!

Yay Fu-chan's back!!! ^^
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!

06-02-12, 12:08 AM

Isn't this a little simplistic? It's ok for Tomoya to reconcile with his dad and decide that he deserves gratitude, but is there no acknowledgment that the guy is a bit of a fuck-up? Remember when he got busted for drugs or something and Tomoya lost his job offer? Shouldn't there be an element of forgiveness here rather than everything being Tomoya's fault?

08-05-12, 1:52 AM

YUS FUKO.
And I cried when he was talking to his dad. Cried so hard.

08-12-12, 4:58 PM

OH MY GOD FUCKKKKKKKKKK!!!

MY CRIES MAN... THIS IS TOO MUCH! T__T

Please like my cosplay Facebook Fanpage ; u ; (I shall give you hugs if you do! ; 3 ;)

10-06-12, 2:04 PM

Awesome...Fuko is back!

11-09-12, 12:56 AM

Now im really depressed this show is too sad. Even the opening makes me sad now. Bringing Fuko back was a good escape from the sadness

12-12-12, 6:17 PM

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL TEARJERKING episode! AND Cool beans!!! Fuko is back! :PPP

02-24-13, 8:05 AM

I was glad to see Fuko again. Also loved the reunion with his father. Very emotional.

03-22-13, 11:53 AM

The beginning with the goodbye to the Furakawas was very beautiful. Seeing Sanae cry and Akio supporting her was amazing.

I'm glad that last ep Tomoya was told those stories about his dad by his grandmother. I think he realizes that not only was he going through a similar situation but like he said last ep, he wasn't a bad father.

Another beautiful ep. The goodbye with his father was just perfect. Was bawling this whole ep (I even cried during the OP lol)
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?

05-10-13, 11:40 AM

Very great episode 5/5

I would have felt the same was as Tomoya in regards to his father. His father worked non stop just to give Tomoya happiness, but in reality Tomoya was never once grateful toward him. Tomoya's father always kept a smile on his face even after Tomoya left the house and his father was sent to jail. In my honest opinion I'm glad his father finally rested because he needed a well deserved rest since he lost the love of his life, Tomoya, but in the end he regained Tomoya. To make the episode even more wonderful Nagisa left Tomoya a wonderful daughter and now Ushio got to meet her grandpa. Tomoya's father got to meet a precious person Ushio which I'm sure deep down filled his heart with joy.

Also about the light orbs when Tomoya received it will this orb be used to make his wish for a true happy ending? I mean didn't Mizawa say that those who manage to capture a light orb be granted a wish. Well in this case Tomoya got a light orb while unaware to it.

Fu~Chan is back ^^

05-12-13, 2:26 PM

great fuko is back only hoped they started to remember they met before. also now i respect tomoya's dad and was happy to see this episodes ending.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."

05-15-13, 10:38 PM

Every episode, so.. many.. feels.

I actually cried with this episode, I don't usually cry with anything sad.

The record is now, only one movie and this episode that has been able to make me cry.

06-10-13, 9:49 AM

It's way too bad that nobody can remember what happened during Fuko's arc. I'm glad that she's back :)
''There is a sort of jealousy which needs very little fire; it is hardly a passion, but a blight bred in the cloudy, damp despondency of uneasy egoism.''
― George Eliot

07-26-13, 8:37 PM

So Fuko's pretty much a retard (has the mental capacity of a high schooler)? As for Tomoya and his dad i was expecting more emotion from the father but it was still sad. 8.5/10.

08-03-13, 11:30 PM

This episode got me. When Tomoya entered Nagisa's old room i just cracked, started droping them manly tears, don't know why tho (because there were more emotional scenes than that one). Also music fit in perfectly with that, so that is also a factor. Not only that but intro hit me as well. Anyway i haven't cried in years (watching anime ofc), gj clannad.

08-24-13, 7:52 PM

The tears won't stop rolling. T_T

I lost it when they made up.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V

08-26-13, 4:23 AM

god damn it

i thought this shit was over. took an hour's break from crying on episode 18, then this happened.

he was a good--no, he was a damn great father. manly tears were shed, i'm doing everything i can to stifle my sobs but the tears won't stop

fuck

09-07-13, 7:39 PM

Solid episode. I'm anxious to see how things will go from here.

09-09-13, 5:41 PM

Finally Okazaki helped his father,it's very nice that he realised all the sacrifices that his father made for him.
Fukoooooo ^^ Iuuupi we have Fuko back,she is so funny :D
I hope they will be good friends.Fuko now is "adult",but she is still very cute :3
Very emotinal episode.Nagisa we miss you <3 :/

09-28-13, 4:43 AM

Return of Fuko and Tomoya's reconciliation with his father... great episode

10-01-13, 1:04 PM

I'm crying all the way through each episode, they're so emotional ;~; Sanae crying and Tomoya making up with his father were great parts. Glad to see Fuuko's back too - I'm hoping somehow she and Tomoya remember each other.

10-05-13, 10:21 AM

I cried as much as I did the last episode. I can relate to many things in Clannad and it makes me think. Ugh. I used to despise my parents for abuse but watching C:AS made me realise, they gave up so much just for me. **** crying so hard right now. I feel like shit that I've caused so much trouble for them. ._.

10-12-13, 3:28 AM

FUKO. IS. BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*faints*
Yeah! Fuko's back! The beginning was awesome and they could have ended the series with either the previous episode's final scene, or the beginning scene of this episode and I would have been okay with that, though I'm glad they didn't. Tomoya took Ushio to live with him. It was great to see Tomoya reconciling with his dad, it made me cry. Now on to the next episode, and, by the sounds of the preview, FUKO'S IN IT!!! YEAH!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"

10-18-13, 5:44 PM

The entire scene with Tomoya and his father was so touching. I got really emotional.

I was sad to know that Fuko and Tomoya still don't have a memory of each other.

11-18-13, 9:28 PM

Tear levels just keep getting higher...

Fuko's back too!

Overall, once I heard the town, flow of time, people song, I knew something would happen...
Reconciling with his dad. That part just tugged on the heartstrings so much...

I always felt sorry for his dad. It wasn't his fault. Like many they resort to drinking for comfort, and then... It escalated. The rift grew... But so did Tomoya's age and experience. He learned his dad basically gave everything up for him, and realized, he was a great father... He knows he can't fully pay him back, but will do all he can for his dad. He really does love his dad...

11-26-13, 1:33 PM

The scene with is father was so touching, many tissues were used.
The scene Sanae letting herself go was also very touching, it explain why we never saw them cry.
Fuko apparence made me very happy, her arc really made me cry a lot at the end.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

12-27-13, 5:21 PM

Am I the only one who would've cried like a bitch if Tomoya had hugged his father in the end ? T.T

01-06-14, 7:56 AM

I was hoping they would hug, shame they didn't but it was still a nice episode. His father worked so hard just so he could live a decent life and go to school, it's good to see Tomoya finally recognized it. It wasn't so much of a case of them making up as much as it was Tomoya needing to come to the realisation. His father wasn't a perfect human, but he did his best to raise a good son.

03-03-14, 8:56 PM

Happy to see Fuko again, and she was hilarious this time.
And then this episode brought me closer to tears than the previous one did.

03-05-14, 1:49 PM

Amazing episode. Right when you think Clannad can get no better, it does.

03-05-14, 6:31 PM

GenuineAnime said:
Amazing episode. Right when you think Clannad can get no better, it does.

Well put!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"

03-29-14, 6:43 PM

Didn't cry as much as last episode but pretty damn close. Tomoya reconciling with his father nearly broke my heart. Which goes to show that no matter how imperfect, you can't really appreciate what parents go through for their children until it is nearly too late or you become a parent yourself. At least Tomoya had a chance to say thanks to his dad before he left; outwardly it didn't seem to register with his father but inwardly I'm sure that it did. Hope nothing bad happens to him, he's been through enough and he's made himself go through enough.
Anyway...excellent episode.
Just took a look at the Top Anime listings and this anime is listed in the top five at number 4.
Is it any wonder? I'm very glad that it is well liked.
Modified by Iszumi, 03-29-14, 6:50 PM

04-26-14, 6:53 AM

GODDAM THEY HAVE TO STOP USING THAT AWFUL SONG. The song which playes at the start which is in 'English' but none of it makes sense! What's a lofty Lord? That song has ruined moods so many times HAHAHA
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo

07-04-14, 1:46 AM

Teary eyed during Tomoya and his father's scenes. I just keep thinking that Tomoya is the real scumbag here, repressing good memories of he had with his father. His father was thrown under the bus for about the entire series because he drank and dislocated his arm over a fight, not to mention his father became an empty shell after raising Tomoya. Then he vows that he will be better than his father when he was probably 10x worse.

07-08-14, 3:36 AM

This makes me cry every.single time I watch their episode with tomoya forgiving and apologies to his father...........it just makes you want appropriate everything your mom and dad done for you
Humans are pricks

I hate lelouch vi Britannia and im a shiki supporter

Just past the 1400th Mark bitches

Pains great speech: http://youtu.be/MYbv6AxCEmM
I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk

07-25-14, 1:48 PM

I have not once cried during this series, but after seeing the father scene, I just started bawling without realizing it. As I'm typing the tears are still going down my face. Best episode of Clannad ever 10/10 :)

07-27-14, 12:37 PM

Annoyed Fuko and Okazaki don't remember their time together

and getting on good terms with his dad was enough for one of those orbs of happiness... that means he gets a wish doesn't it?

08-10-14, 2:14 PM

ironchefflip said:
Just saw the ep. I thought had lots of cute and touching moments. For me, the one that affected me most was Sanae crying. I don't know why that hit me the most, I guess the weight being lifted from her just got to me. All those years of not crying and letting it out. Sure it was bad for Tomoya, but Akio and Sanae outlived their child. That's gotta be extremely hard to cope with for any loving parent.

I'm also getting in here early before a flood of "FUKO!" and inadvertent, and not properly tagged, spoiler posts by people who played the game.

I feel you man.

08-14-14, 9:32 PM

MY HEART!
So glad that Tomoya finally put his past feelings aside and forgave his Dad, and that Ushio was actually able to meet her grandfather!
Such a lovely episode! ♥

09-03-14, 11:44 AM

In my opinion it was the best episode of Clannad: ~After Story~. I really like this moment when Tomoya comes with Ushio to his father. It was really touching and heartbreaking (for me, of course). I cried when Tomoya finally realized that he didn't undersand his father and that he didn't notice what Naoyuki did for him during all this years. So realistic episode. It could happen in real life. Maybe it was too melodramatic but I don't care. The best episode I've ever seen in anime.

09-08-14, 11:50 PM

holy shit fuko
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

10-09-14, 12:45 PM

Nice episode and great to see Fuko back.

Somehow from this episode, I felt sadder for the parents in the series that the actual main characters. They all did so much for the children and kept strong for so long. Sanae actually crying for Nagisa is just too sad and I'm glad that Tomoya, as a grown up, can finally understand what his dad went through for him.

11-26-14, 9:55 PM

Was anyone else waiting for him to pull a prank on Fuko when she went Star Shine Mode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

01-07-15, 7:05 PM

finally we get to tomoyas father!! this has been bothering me from season 1! i only wish we got like 2 episodes on him, it couldve been so heartbreaking... i think this is the only aspect where the movie did it better

01-26-15, 7:32 PM

Was really nice to see that meet resolution. Got me a little teary, even.

Good to see Fuko again, too! Alive and well, and not changed at all xP

05-03-15, 12:27 PM

marian11 said:
Am I the only one who would've cried like a bitch if Tomoya had hugged his father in the end ? T.T
No, you are definitely not.

Lester101 said:
I really like this moment when Tomoya comes with Ushio to his father. It was really touching and heartbreaking (for me, of course). I cried when Tomoya finally realized that he didn't undersand his father and that he didn't notice what Naoyuki did for him during all this years. So realistic episode. It could happen in real life. Maybe it was too melodramatic but I don't care.
This.

Pages (3) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6]