Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 1, 2012 7:59 PM

May 2011
Every time Tomoya truly cries, it makes you want to as well. That just goes to show how well the anime did it's job. I'm glad that Tomoya did something for his father in the end.

I hope Kyou shows up soon, I need my beam of positive energy right about now, and some slaps/kicks/book throwing. ^^
Feb 8, 2012 8:19 AM
Dec 2007
The father-son interaction is my favorite scene in the entire CLANNAD series
Feb 24, 2012 12:24 PM
Nov 2010
Fuck yes, Fuko's finally back.
Apr 3, 2012 4:34 AM

Apr 2009
As touching as ever, although I expected a bit more from the way one of in my opinion the most interesting relationships, the one between Tomoya and his dad, would be wrapped up. But I hope and kind of have the feeling the old man hasn't played his whole role yet. 5/5
Apr 24, 2012 3:58 PM

Oct 2009
-Shuda- said:
Every time Tomoya truly cries, it makes you want to as well. That just goes to show how well the anime did it's job. I'm glad that Tomoya did something for his father in the end.

I hope Kyou shows up soon, I need my beam of positive energy right about now, and some slaps/kicks/book throwing. ^^

Feel the same, this anime really has done an excellent job, very well executed!

Yay Fu-chan's back!!! ^^
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Jun 2, 2012 12:08 AM

Jun 2010
Isn't this a little simplistic? It's ok for Tomoya to reconcile with his dad and decide that he deserves gratitude, but is there no acknowledgment that the guy is a bit of a fuck-up? Remember when he got busted for drugs or something and Tomoya lost his job offer? Shouldn't there be an element of forgiveness here rather than everything being Tomoya's fault?
Aug 5, 2012 1:52 AM

May 2012
YUS FUKO.
And I cried when he was talking to his dad. Cried so hard.
Aug 12, 2012 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
OH MY GOD FUCKKKKKKKKKK!!!

MY CRIES MAN... THIS IS TOO MUCH! T__T
Oct 6, 2012 2:04 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome...Fuko is back!
Nov 9, 2012 12:56 AM

Jan 2011
Now im really depressed this show is too sad. Even the opening makes me sad now. Bringing Fuko back was a good escape from the sadness
Dec 12, 2012 6:17 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL TEARJERKING episode! AND Cool beans!!! Fuko is back! :PPP
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 24, 2013 8:05 AM

Jan 2012
I was glad to see Fuko again. Also loved the reunion with his father. Very emotional.

Mar 22, 2013 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
The beginning with the goodbye to the Furakawas was very beautiful. Seeing Sanae cry and Akio supporting her was amazing.

I'm glad that last ep Tomoya was told those stories about his dad by his grandmother. I think he realizes that not only was he going through a similar situation but like he said last ep, he wasn't a bad father.

Another beautiful ep. The goodbye with his father was just perfect. Was bawling this whole ep (I even cried during the OP lol)
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 10, 2013 11:40 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very great episode 5/5

I would have felt the same was as Tomoya in regards to his father. His father worked non stop just to give Tomoya happiness, but in reality Tomoya was never once grateful toward him. Tomoya's father always kept a smile on his face even after Tomoya left the house and his father was sent to jail. In my honest opinion I'm glad his father finally rested because he needed a well deserved rest since he lost the love of his life, Tomoya, but in the end he regained Tomoya. To make the episode even more wonderful Nagisa left Tomoya a wonderful daughter and now Ushio got to meet her grandpa. Tomoya's father got to meet a precious person Ushio which I'm sure deep down filled his heart with joy.

Also about the light orbs when Tomoya received it will this orb be used to make his wish for a true happy ending? I mean didn't Mizawa say that those who manage to capture a light orb be granted a wish. Well in this case Tomoya got a light orb while unaware to it.

Fu~Chan is back ^^

May 12, 2013 2:26 PM

Jun 2012
great fuko is back only hoped they started to remember they met before. also now i respect tomoya's dad and was happy to see this episodes ending.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 15, 2013 10:38 PM
Nov 2012
Every episode, so.. many.. feels.

I actually cried with this episode, I don't usually cry with anything sad.

The record is now, only one movie and this episode that has been able to make me cry.
Jun 10, 2013 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
It's way too bad that nobody can remember what happened during Fuko's arc. I'm glad that she's back :)
Jul 26, 2013 8:37 PM
Jun 2013
So Fuko's pretty much a retard (has the mental capacity of a high schooler)? As for Tomoya and his dad i was expecting more emotion from the father but it was still sad. 8.5/10.
Aug 3, 2013 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
This episode got me. When Tomoya entered Nagisa's old room i just cracked, started droping them manly tears, don't know why tho (because there were more emotional scenes than that one). Also music fit in perfectly with that, so that is also a factor. Not only that but intro hit me as well. Anyway i haven't cried in years (watching anime ofc), gj clannad.
Aug 24, 2013 7:52 PM

Feb 2013
The tears won't stop rolling. T_T

I lost it when they made up.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Sep 7, 2013 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
Solid episode. I'm anxious to see how things will go from here.
Sep 9, 2013 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
Finally Okazaki helped his father,it's very nice that he realised all the sacrifices that his father made for him.
Fukoooooo ^^ Iuuupi we have Fuko back,she is so funny :D
I hope they will be good friends.Fuko now is "adult",but she is still very cute :3
Very emotinal episode.Nagisa we miss you <3 :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 28, 2013 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
Return of Fuko and Tomoya's reconciliation with his father... great episode
Oct 1, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2011
I'm crying all the way through each episode, they're so emotional ;~; Sanae crying and Tomoya making up with his father were great parts. Glad to see Fuuko's back too - I'm hoping somehow she and Tomoya remember each other.
Oct 5, 2013 10:21 AM
Aug 2013
I cried as much as I did the last episode. I can relate to many things in Clannad and it makes me think. Ugh. I used to despise my parents for abuse but watching C:AS made me realise, they gave up so much just for me. **** crying so hard right now. I feel like shit that I've caused so much trouble for them. ._.
Oct 12, 2013 3:28 AM

Jun 2013
FUKO. IS. BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*faints*
Yeah! Fuko's back! The beginning was awesome and they could have ended the series with either the previous episode's final scene, or the beginning scene of this episode and I would have been okay with that, though I'm glad they didn't. Tomoya took Ushio to live with him. It was great to see Tomoya reconciling with his dad, it made me cry. Now on to the next episode, and, by the sounds of the preview, FUKO'S IN IT!!! YEAH!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 18, 2013 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
The entire scene with Tomoya and his father was so touching. I got really emotional.

I was sad to know that Fuko and Tomoya still don't have a memory of each other.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Nov 18, 2013 9:28 PM
Mar 2013
Tear levels just keep getting higher...

Fuko's back too!

Overall, once I heard the town, flow of time, people song, I knew something would happen...
Reconciling with his dad. That part just tugged on the heartstrings so much...

I always felt sorry for his dad. It wasn't his fault. Like many they resort to drinking for comfort, and then... It escalated. The rift grew... But so did Tomoya's age and experience. He learned his dad basically gave everything up for him, and realized, he was a great father... He knows he can't fully pay him back, but will do all he can for his dad. He really does love his dad...
Nov 26, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
The scene with is father was so touching, many tissues were used.
The scene Sanae letting herself go was also very touching, it explain why we never saw them cry.
Fuko apparence made me very happy, her arc really made me cry a lot at the end.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 27, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who would've cried like a bitch if Tomoya had hugged his father in the end ? T.T
Jan 6, 2014 7:56 AM

Apr 2010
I was hoping they would hug, shame they didn't but it was still a nice episode. His father worked so hard just so he could live a decent life and go to school, it's good to see Tomoya finally recognized it. It wasn't so much of a case of them making up as much as it was Tomoya needing to come to the realisation. His father wasn't a perfect human, but he did his best to raise a good son.
Mar 3, 2014 8:56 PM
Jan 2013
Happy to see Fuko again, and she was hilarious this time.
And then this episode brought me closer to tears than the previous one did.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Mar 5, 2014 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
Amazing episode. Right when you think Clannad can get no better, it does.
Mar 5, 2014 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
GenuineAnime said:
Amazing episode. Right when you think Clannad can get no better, it does.

Well put!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Mar 29, 2014 6:43 PM

Mar 2009
Didn't cry as much as last episode but pretty damn close. Tomoya reconciling with his father nearly broke my heart. Which goes to show that no matter how imperfect, you can't really appreciate what parents go through for their children until it is nearly too late or you become a parent yourself. At least Tomoya had a chance to say thanks to his dad before he left; outwardly it didn't seem to register with his father but inwardly I'm sure that it did. Hope nothing bad happens to him, he's been through enough and he's made himself go through enough.
Anyway...excellent episode.
Just took a look at the Top Anime listings and this anime is listed in the top five at number 4.
Is it any wonder? I'm very glad that it is well liked.
IszumiMar 29, 2014 6:50 PM
Apr 26, 2014 6:53 AM

Jul 2013
GODDAM THEY HAVE TO STOP USING THAT AWFUL SONG. The song which playes at the start which is in 'English' but none of it makes sense! What's a lofty Lord? That song has ruined moods so many times HAHAHA
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jul 4, 2014 1:46 AM
Jan 2014
Teary eyed during Tomoya and his father's scenes. I just keep thinking that Tomoya is the real scumbag here, repressing good memories of he had with his father. His father was thrown under the bus for about the entire series because he drank and dislocated his arm over a fight, not to mention his father became an empty shell after raising Tomoya. Then he vows that he will be better than his father when he was probably 10x worse.
Jul 8, 2014 3:36 AM

Jul 2012
This makes me cry every.single time I watch their episode with tomoya forgiving and apologies to his father...........it just makes you want appropriate everything your mom and dad done for you
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 25, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
I have not once cried during this series, but after seeing the father scene, I just started bawling without realizing it. As I'm typing the tears are still going down my face. Best episode of Clannad ever 10/10 :)
Jul 27, 2014 12:37 PM
Mar 2014
Annoyed Fuko and Okazaki don't remember their time together

and getting on good terms with his dad was enough for one of those orbs of happiness... that means he gets a wish doesn't it?
Aug 10, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2013
ironchefflip said:
Just saw the ep. I thought had lots of cute and touching moments. For me, the one that affected me most was Sanae crying. I don't know why that hit me the most, I guess the weight being lifted from her just got to me. All those years of not crying and letting it out. Sure it was bad for Tomoya, but Akio and Sanae outlived their child. That's gotta be extremely hard to cope with for any loving parent.

I'm also getting in here early before a flood of "FUKO!" and inadvertent, and not properly tagged, spoiler posts by people who played the game.

I feel you man.
Aug 14, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2013
MY HEART!
So glad that Tomoya finally put his past feelings aside and forgave his Dad, and that Ushio was actually able to meet her grandfather!
Such a lovely episode! ♥
Sep 3, 2014 11:44 AM
Feb 2014
In my opinion it was the best episode of Clannad: ~After Story~. I really like this moment when Tomoya comes with Ushio to his father. It was really touching and heartbreaking (for me, of course). I cried when Tomoya finally realized that he didn't undersand his father and that he didn't notice what Naoyuki did for him during all this years. So realistic episode. It could happen in real life. Maybe it was too melodramatic but I don't care. The best episode I've ever seen in anime.
Sep 8, 2014 11:50 PM

Oct 2013
holy shit fuko
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Dec 2013
Nice episode and great to see Fuko back.

Somehow from this episode, I felt sadder for the parents in the series that the actual main characters. They all did so much for the children and kept strong for so long. Sanae actually crying for Nagisa is just too sad and I'm glad that Tomoya, as a grown up, can finally understand what his dad went through for him.
Nov 26, 2014 9:55 PM

Jul 2014
Was anyone else waiting for him to pull a prank on Fuko when she went Star Shine Mode?
Jan 7, 2015 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
finally we get to tomoyas father!! this has been bothering me from season 1! i only wish we got like 2 episodes on him, it couldve been so heartbreaking... i think this is the only aspect where the movie did it better
Jan 26, 2015 7:32 PM

May 2014
Was really nice to see that meet resolution. Got me a little teary, even.

Good to see Fuko again, too! Alive and well, and not changed at all xP
May 3, 2015 12:27 PM
Apr 2015
marian11 said:
Am I the only one who would've cried like a bitch if Tomoya had hugged his father in the end ? T.T
No, you are definitely not.

Lester101 said:
I really like this moment when Tomoya comes with Ushio to his father. It was really touching and heartbreaking (for me, of course). I cried when Tomoya finally realized that he didn't undersand his father and that he didn't notice what Naoyuki did for him during all this years. So realistic episode. It could happen in real life. Maybe it was too melodramatic but I don't care.
This.
Jun 7, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2014
I've waited for Tomoya to make up with his dad for so long, it was beautiful yet I wanted them to hug :(
It is so sad how his father had became alone and alcoholic :( Hope things will get better for him
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.