Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2013 6:42 PM

Jun 2007
lijenstina said:
Interesting how in the shipping arguments - this girl is better that girl is better - one thing is disregarded - what Linda feels/felt for Banri ? Was it just friendship for her or something more ?

I totally understand what you are saying

tingy said:
Wow they skipped a lot of stuff from the manga :O They've caught up to the English scans I think (chapter 18?) and went past. Not sure how to feel about this since I originally started the reading the manga first, so it feels like this was a super rushed episode. I haven't read the LN though, anyone who has, was this faithful to it or did it skip some stuff? Lol nvm, person above me answered it :)

I've never thought Banri was annoying until this episode, where he irked me a little with his catharses (one with Kouko kinda, and the other with Linda). I kind of wish the manga route because I feel like it's one or two episode too soon for this drama. But still, it was enjoyable as I was really surprised at his outbursts.
rodac said:
As to the confession this early in the series, well I don't think they are on solid ground by any means. Neither of them knows what it is like to be in a mature relationship. Banri was really pretty dependent on Linda, and she was more like a big sister than a girlfriend. Kaga was emotionally dependent on Mitsuo and has a lot to learn about what a relationship is really all about. I think there will be some roadblocks and obstacles before we reach the happy ending.

Yeah definitely agree here, honestly I have a tiny doubt that this relationship will last (maybe Linda still has a chance?) or that there will be many conflicts coming up.

Yes, according to the LN, it was a bit rushed so people might have to actually reread the LN like me to analyze the part between Linda x Banri. - If you want more details, second half of the episode 6 is in
GIlgameshxIshtarNov 7, 2013 8:16 PM
Live your life of freedom
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 7, 2013 6:42 PM

Jul 2013
Koko was just trolling.. :D
Nov 7, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2011
Ajunky said:
So, old Banri was a crybaby, and new Banri is bipolar. How fun.

I thought the same lol
Nov 7, 2013 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
I was kind of hoping we'd see Linda's reaction to Banri wearing their class shirt during their club practice but oh well, it still worked out.

Reaaaally fast-paced. Here we go with all the Linda awkwardness. I feel so bad for her now :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 7, 2013 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
Now this is what we were waiting for, right? Right?!

Banri was like a real man in this episode. I liked it how he dumped Kouko's friendship and made her confess. She must have realized that he is more than just a friend in her life!

Linda lost her chance on the day when the Tada Banri from the past died. I cannot think she can ever get another chance now that Kouko has confessed.

The new Banri is way cooler from his old self. Finally I am enjoying the anime. 5/5 for the episode and bumped the overall series rating to an 8/10. I really cannot wait to see where they take the anime from here since their feelings are mutual now. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 7, 2013 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
Did I like this episode?... The answer is "YES!"
Nov 7, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2011
banri gone HAM this episode
now it is officialy my fav romance anime of the season
Nov 7, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2012
Like other people have have said, the music was a bit loud during certain parts while the dialogue was a bit quiet.

The Yes and No fan thing was pretty clever. I didn't expect for them to use it when Banri told Koko he no longer wanted to be friends.

Poor Linda :(
I kind of understand Banri though because he was just considered friends by both girls but jumping in hope of getting amnesia again was a bit far. They showed that he was a bit emotional unstable before getting amnesia and I guess he's reverting to his older self as he gains more of his memories. Though I think it was hinted that the amnesia wasn't real or maybe I'm reading too deeply into what Banri said.

I wouldn't be surprised if Koko lied at the end because she didn't want to lose him as a friend and will grow to love him later on. There's a possibility that Mitsuo will get jealous of Banri, Linda may become jealous of Koko. Then there's Chinami, I have no idea what her role will be later on.

Personally Linda is my favorite girl, but she will most likely lose in the end and will probably find someone else.
Nov 7, 2013 7:10 PM
Nov 2012
Who the fuck is in charge of this adaptation?
They skipped around 8 MONTHLY manga chapters, and almost the entire 2nd VOLUME of the Light Novel.
And to change the location and circumstance where Banri confronts Linda. Like WOW, how can you think the club building is a better fit for such a tense moment? Jeebus.

Seriously, what the fuck Director, what the fuck are you doing.
Nov 7, 2013 7:17 PM

Jun 2007
penguindrum264 said:
Like other people have have said, the music was a bit loud during certain parts while the dialogue was a bit quiet.

The Yes and No fan thing was pretty clever. I didn't expect for them to use it when Banri told Koko he no longer wanted to be friends.

Poor Linda :(
I kind of understand Banri though because he was just considered friends by both girls but jumping in hope of getting amnesia again was a bit far. They showed that he was a bit emotional unstable before getting amnesia and I guess he's reverting to his older self as he gains more of his memories. Though I think it was hinted that the amnesia wasn't real or maybe I'm reading too deeply into what Banri said.

I wouldn't be surprised if Koko lied at the end because she didn't want to lose him as a friend and will grow to love him later on. There's a possibility that Mitsuo will get jealous of Banri, Linda may become jealous of Koko. Then there's Chinami, I have no idea what her role will be later on.

Personally Linda is my favorite girl, but she will most likely lose in the end and will probably find someone else.

Personally, showing how hes emotionally unstable before must have referred to as "You were a bomb" "I didnt know what to do" " I didn't want to lose you again" type of thing shows how much Linda actually cared for him - which
. It's one of those things in life you know. How should I put it in a less negative way - Snooze you lose kind of thing. If you know what I meant... You had the opportunity and chance, but you didn't take it. Time to move on... Which makes me really sympathize for Linda because I really believe she knew what she did wrong and she was hoping she could have had a second chance when she saw Banri in Tokyo for the first time.
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 7, 2013 7:20 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode, Linda is definitely my favorite girl. This anime gets better and better I can't wait until next week!
Nov 7, 2013 7:21 PM

Dec 2011
Holy shit, I didn't expect Kouko's confession in the end D:
And lol with Yana's reaction after his confession haha.
Nov 7, 2013 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
I thought Kouko for a second knocked Banri off the edge lol.

Love the ending as always.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Nov 7, 2013 7:27 PM

Aug 2011
Man I really don't like triangular love-esque situations, more often than not I either like the girl who won't get picked, or I like them both equally but ones gonna end up hurt without a happy ending, I'm torn.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Nov 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2012
this episode just COMPL3TELY stole all of my heart! <3

perfect! I'm going to re-watch it!

...edit.

ThisIsNotMyName said:
Woah,

So after watching ToraDora (which for some reason, I still want to see more Taiga) I found Golden Time, a light novel/anime done by the some person, so I had some pretty high expectations going into this.

In Toradora, I could kind of predict who was to end up with who, but Golden Time is completely different so far

It can go either way, the MC either chooses the love he can't remember or a new love.

All I know is that I can not even begin to predict who he is going to pick
and I've said it here before but this anime is so good because it's so real. it's true to so many feelings I've felt on both sides, hell, all sides! all the emotions are drawn out so damn well!

...edit.

I have this feeling that Linda's answer was a 'No' but after High School and when she has been observing him in college + the time that has passed and a lot of changes means emotional differences = she might love him now but not before.
Compl3teNov 7, 2013 7:56 PM
Nov 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2011
Well that escalated quickly. "I love you." Nope, I will not escape that. Linda-senpai must win <3.
TyrelNov 7, 2013 7:50 PM
Nov 7, 2013 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Tada didn't hold back when it came to telling Kaga how he really feels about her. Quite a sad moment between Linda and Tada at the end. Kaga confessed her love for Tada at the end which was nice.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 7, 2013 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
YES!

6 episodes in and already out of the friend zone. Go Banri!
Nov 7, 2013 8:16 PM

Nov 2013
Loved the episode, but felt like it needed a better build up with the koko confession. I'm not too convinced that she really loves him. Still a really great episode.
... As an artist, I am here to create a different world from reality...

...You have to believe you are great before anybody else does...
Nov 7, 2013 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
I really didn't expect that confession so soon.. Though is she just saying that to get Banri back in her life or does she truthfully mean it.
I do wonder what Linda's response would have been if she had made it there earlier.. and if the feelings are the same.

Really great episode
Nov 7, 2013 8:22 PM

May 2011
I like the episode. Many emotions. Now to wait what happens with the Banri x Koko. But well there is still Linda in the way. So a triangle can be formed.
Nov 7, 2013 9:11 PM
Jun 2013
Wow, this episode skyrocketed my interest in this anime. The scenes with each respectable heroine were enjoyable and drama filled. Shxt got real pretty fast as drunk Koko sobered up.

Pre-Amnesia Banri might have been a crybaby but he scored some serious alpha points when he changed the status quo. He basically did what people in real life never have the resolve to do when in the friend zone.

Monologue at the end was deep but not on Oregairu levels. Confession at the end was unexpected as I was thinking he was going to fall into the river, alluding to how he fell off the bridge the first time.
ArilixNov 7, 2013 9:18 PM
Nov 7, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2012
re-watching this episode, Tada is now in control. both Linda and Koko are now falling for him because his character is changing drastically. Linda will NOW fall for Baka Banri when she only use to see him as a friend and Koko will now fall for Tada because he's got his shit together and is on his way out. Koko can't deal w/another separation. but the real question is how Tada Banri will deal after all of this. there needs some thinking time and time for these emotions to settle in.

the most beautiful part about this is that Tada Banri has both girls now but he's not the same.

...edit.

DanielB0123 said:
Loved the episode, but felt like it needed a better build up with the koko confession. I'm not too convinced that she really loves him. Still a really great episode.
ever fallen in love? heh...
Nov 7, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
Their faces with the shoes o.O

Ultrasonic, where that name come from?

Wtf was with that music during the welcoming party?!

Well that confession was random :P

Hot hot hot middle card of Oka

Perfect rejection, by Oka.

Did anyone else feel that Tada's 'break-up' with Kaga was abrupt and kind of random?

Next day confession >.>

.... This episode way to rushed, TOO DAMN MUCH HAPPENED 0_0 seriously they must of blown through at least 4 or more chapters :/
Nov 7, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2013
Well Banri had a pretty immature/selfish reaction in his two major scenes with the girls before the climax. I suppose its to be expected however due to his young age and his erratic emotional state due to his past.

Should be very interesting to see how the next episode goes and how Banri acts after these dramatic revelations.
Nov 7, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Aerensianic said:
Well Banri had a pretty immature/selfish reaction in his two major scenes with the girls before the climax. I suppose its to be expected however due to his young age and his erratic emotional state due to his past.

Should be very interesting to see how the next episode goes and how Banri acts after these dramatic revelations.
ever been in love at a young age?
Nov 7, 2013 9:49 PM

Oct 2009
Even though the manga is very different, they're just blowing through the chapters too fast. No idea on what information they're using from the light novel. Six chapters to go, so prepare for a original anime ending.
Nov 7, 2013 9:49 PM

Dec 2011
omg omg that confession at the end omg

Nov 7, 2013 9:50 PM
Apr 2011
Nothing convincing this episode to make me like Kouko (again).

Linda's story is much more interesting, her inner struggle is certainly better than Kouko's self-serving whims for a center to the story. Might have to pick up the LN if there really is more depth to this section in it (Linda-wise).

Sadly, it feels like Linda is going to be kicked to the curb next episode.
Nov 7, 2013 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
Best eps. hands down! Loved it! I seriously almost cried at the end. And, I do not usually cry on anime. OMG! I can't wait to see what else is in store for this anime.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 7, 2013 9:54 PM

Mar 2012
Compl3te said:
Aerensianic said:

ever been in love at a young age?

Yeah I gotta say you due some pretty irrational things.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 7, 2013 9:56 PM
Jul 2013
amazing episode.
Just amazing.

No words
Nov 7, 2013 10:12 PM

Jun 2007
Tony777 said:
Even though the manga is very different, they're just blowing through the chapters too fast. No idea on what information they're using from the light novel. Six chapters to go, so prepare for a original anime ending.

They're using what I'd say the main points of the LN, technically they are blowing through the lightnovel at a pretty fast pace too.
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 7, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
I love this.
Definitely in the top 3 anime currently airing.
This is the kind of romance drama I love.
Nov 7, 2013 10:22 PM
Feb 2013
damn too much feels in this episode. Damn, I want Linda than Kouko.
Nov 7, 2013 11:10 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my God! Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

Dat Mitsuo to Chinami confession! Dat tea club! Dat wake up call for Koko! Dat ending!!!

Banri is simply amazing! Perfect? No, no human is. And "human" is the key word here because unlike most anime male leads, this guy looks like an actual person.
Nov 7, 2013 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
Arghhh! I'm going to explode!!! First when Yana-san confessed, hahahaha I lol'd there so much. He was F-R-I-E-N-D-Z-O-N-E-D >.<

And then "watashi wa, tada-kun ga suki!". Hearing those words from Koko, dayum!? A whole new path was opened. Things will be more interesting from now on hahaha. I can't wait for episode 7!
Nov 7, 2013 11:40 PM

Dec 2010
Fantastic episode, the best of the show easily, and probably the best of the season. I didn't realize how much I liked this show, its great! I, too wonder how this will unfold over the next 3/4 of the show. Certainly a lot has gone down!

I still really like Linda, my heart breaks for her situation...
Nov 7, 2013 11:48 PM

Jul 2009
...i dont even know lol
banri basically talks with kaga hoping to be her bf but if he cant, he wont even be her friend. ass move?
and now he just made linda cry for no reason as hes now going to get with koko
this anime. i dont even know.
Nov 8, 2013 12:12 AM

Oct 2009
GIlgameshxIshtar said:
They're using what I'd say the main points of the LN, technically they are blowing through the light novel at a pretty fast pace too.

Yes, the anime is based on the light novel. The anime looks like it wasn't planned out very well, so I feel it may have an original ending, we'll see.
Nov 8, 2013 12:34 AM
Aug 2013
Wow that went fast!

The episode was great!

Feeling kinda bad about the yes/no thing with banri...
Nov 8, 2013 12:40 AM

May 2012
ARGGGGG!!!!! i cant choose.. i want linda and banri to be together but i want kouko and banri too.. looks like theyre dating next ep..

Nov 8, 2013 1:11 AM

Jun 2011
hoooly this anime takes leaps. Wtf? I actually like how this is being played out, but it's definitly going to fall off.
Nov 8, 2013 2:00 AM

Jul 2008
It felt very rushed. In less than three episodes Tada confesses, gets rejected and friendzoned, gets fed up with said friendzone, and then gets confessed to by Kaga. I didn't expect the Linda situation to blow up so quickly either.

While I wouldn't have minded it happening a little slower, the last scene was great and I am looking forward to seeing what direction the anime will take. I wasn't expecting them to actually start dating until at least the half way point.
Nov 8, 2013 2:23 AM

May 2013
kaga x newbanri linda x oldbanri is that possible?
Nov 8, 2013 2:30 AM

Jul 2011
xin09 said:
kaga x newbanri linda x oldbanri is that possible?

I think do mean Linda x GhostBanri
Nov 8, 2013 2:31 AM

Nov 2009
Best episode of any anime for this week so far.

Couldn't blame Banri at all for shunning Koko. Considering she knew how he felt. It was pretty much rubbed in his face that she was still all about Yana.

I know he will probably wind up with Koko properly by the end but I'm really interested in seeing how Linda will fit into this whole thing as she has been my favourite character so far.
Nov 8, 2013 2:47 AM

Dec 2012
I felt really sad watching this episode, especially when seeing how Banri was hurting being Kouko like that and also the whole mess with Linda. For him to become close and love someone but get turned down and still stay by their side is so tough and even though he can't remember that experience with Linda, I bet his heart remembers that pain.

Omg! That ending was just great and my mood did a complete 180! YES!!! I am so glad Kouko realized how important Banri is to her. I'm not sure if she loves him properly yet but she will get there and it'll be so nice. :)

Overall excellent episode. I see this getting even better!
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Nov 8, 2013 3:01 AM

Aug 2013
Is no one else pissed at how they didn't include the sexy part of the shoe scene with Linda-senpai like in the manga ;C
Nov 8, 2013 3:29 AM

Dec 2011
Tony777 said:

Wait what do u mean by 6 chaps to go? Are u saying there's only 6 chap left from the light novel to be adapt to the anime? Or by 6 chap u mean 6 episode left? This is a 2 cour anime. And also, for those who read the light novel what volume is the anime at right now? there is like 7 vol + 2 side story of the novel iirc right
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Yesterday, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.