Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
Well that escalated quickly. Honestly felt like some of those serious drama moments came out of nowhere. Or at least didn't feel well executed.

Other than that, it was nice.
TazuNov 7, 2013 5:42 PM
Nov 7, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
Someone just put a lot of coal into the Drama train.
You can't stop it now. Choo Choo

Btw, I'm on Banri x Koko team.
Nov 7, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2012
Wait. What? Since when did she start "loving" him? I know it's just anime, but it happened so quickly that I thought to myself, "Huh?"

Anyway, anxious to see the next episode! It looks like their relationship will progress. :)

Tazu said:
Well that escalated quickly. Honestly felt like some of those serious drama moments came out of nowhere. Or at least didn't feel well executed.

My thoughts exactly. I thought there needed to be more build up to the "big" moment in this episode. Honestly, it tries to mix some comedy and angst but it just looks awkward. But the climax was done pretty well.
Nov 7, 2013 5:47 PM
Oct 2013
I want to cry after watching this episode. Yeah it is a good episode but if you read the manga and light novel, it skip some important part/event.
The snake bite at kouko
The wrong side t-shirt wore by banri during practice with linda.
the shoes event.

The director really wanted to chase the plot of the book T_T
Nov 7, 2013 5:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow they skipped a lot of stuff from the manga :O They've caught up to the English scans I think (chapter 18?) and went past. Not sure how to feel about this since I originally started the reading the manga first, so it feels like this was a super rushed episode. I haven't read the LN though, anyone who has, was this faithful to it or did it skip some stuff? Lol nvm, person above me answered it :)

I've never thought Banri was annoying until this episode, where he irked me a little with his catharses (one with Kouko kinda, and the other with Linda). I kind of wish the manga route because I feel like it's one or two episode too soon for this drama. But still, it was enjoyable as I was really surprised at his outbursts.
rodac said:
As to the confession this early in the series, well I don't think they are on solid ground by any means. Neither of them knows what it is like to be in a mature relationship. Banri was really pretty dependent on Linda, and she was more like a big sister than a girlfriend. Kaga was emotionally dependent on Mitsuo and has a lot to learn about what a relationship is really all about. I think there will be some roadblocks and obstacles before we reach the happy ending.

Yeah definitely agree here, honestly I have a tiny doubt that this relationship will last (maybe Linda still has a chance?) or that there will be many conflicts coming up.
Nov 7, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 2012
All the sad emotions and heart break in this episode ends on a good note. The ending was FANTASTIC! The bomb shell "I love you" was dropped. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT EPISODE!!!

Great episode!!!
Nov 7, 2013 6:02 PM
Oct 2013
mayukachan said:
Wait. What? Since when did she start "loving" him? I know it's just anime, but it happened so quickly that I thought to myself, "Huh?"

Anyway, anxious to see the next episode! It looks like their relationship will progress. :)

Tazu said:

My thoughts exactly. I thought there needed to be more build up to the "big" moment in this episode. Honestly, it tries to mix some comedy and angst but it just looks awkward. But the climax was done pretty well.

well if you want to know 'since when' you go and read the manga and light novel. FYI this episode is the WHOLE volume 2 of the light novel. LOL the director PACK in up.
Nov 7, 2013 6:04 PM
Dec 2009
Although I didn't like the pacing of the double confession, I still found it refreshing that Banri snapped like that. The whole friends thing was tolerable because Koko was putting up a front that she was over Mitsuo. When that fell apart during the party I felt really bad for Banri.

Either way I'm glad that Banri's emotional outburst got a strong reaction from both Linda and Koko.
Nov 7, 2013 6:05 PM
Jun 2010
Bizarre episode. Tada suddenly turning into an insufferable dick + uneven sound levels (again -- are there better rippers I should be going to?) = not fun. After seeing a bit of Tada's past and his willingness to throw friends away, I'm having trouble liking him as a character. We'll see if I can forgive him over the next few episodes.

I've been enjoying the series so far, so hopefully this episode is an exception.
Nov 7, 2013 6:09 PM
Mar 2013
woah... I didn't expect this. Let's go on with my review-but-not-a-professional-review. Super long.

I'm starting to sing along with the op and it's starting to get catchy (It took me MONTHS to get Toradora op out of my head. It was a good song but kept me distracted in real life)

Flashback in the past. It was interesting to see the past Tada as a crybaby. It was so cute and I want Linda to be with him. Linda gets past and Koko gets present. Anyways, Chinami is now my official favorite person. I love her theme song too (When she goes to invite Banri and Kaga) Kaga is still holding a grudge and I'm getting b*tch vibes from her. Not alot but it's there. Tada is acting cute while talking to Chinami. PARTY TIME! Yuss, my favorite GROUP must be the Tea club. Aww, Chinami rejected him... in such a cute manner too! Poor Mitsuo!!! I love his and Koko's interactions, it's like brother and sister! (I forgot, we got the yes and no's which I thought was cute)

Koko is half-drunk and I laughed at her antics, especially when she fell in bushes (I am a Koko-fan) that is until we get to the other half...

Tada starts going out on Koko and rages on her. I was like "Is he just light-headed...Please tell me he did... I love what's going on but I feel so bad for Koko) Honestly, I cried when Tada was taking it out on Koko. Then he took it out on my baby blue... LINDA!!! I prefer Koko over Linda but it is rare for me to like both girls.Old Banri is gone so his feelings for Linda are gone. After that, Banri runs to the bridge and says if he could fall again. Me: OH HELL NO! I WILL KILL YOU AFTER YOU DIED AGAIN IF YOU DO THAT. Luckily, Kaga comes to the rescue and stops him by running into him. She then confesses her love and- ending song happens.

Me: I LOVE THIS SONG BUT CMON! REALLY!

Personal thoughts:
Just wow, 6th episode in and something big happens... next Thursday seems more far away then usual. I think Kaga's confession was the spur of the moment or a desperate way to get him to stay with her. Either way, no suicide, YAY!

Preview:
Kaga's about to get raped... I don't know if I should feel happy or not because I have a feeling something' bad is about to happen. Also, Chinami sounds like she's going to eat a person...

Guesses:
Just a guess but I think Kaga was the one that hit Tada in the past... I just find her bike crashing into Tada similar to the past, but then again, it's likely not.

Also, I have a feeling Kaga and Tada will break up, Tada will go out with Linda out of despise for Koko, and Linda dumps Banri (Knowing it's the right thing to do) so he can go back with Kaga.

I was too intrigued with the plot to notice the music.

Rating: 9.3
Went back and heard the music
Pacing was a bit too fast for me but that's just me.
Surprises to my glee.
Great comedy
If you get me to cry, I will definitely rate this anime higher.
Big one for me is Koko and Banri are dating now. (I think)
Nov 7, 2013 6:17 PM

Dec 2011
That is how you do it Banri!!!
Damn. He just sparked the catalyst, which is himself. Finally telling what he is feeling about Koko and Linda.

It was such a moment between Linda and him... and now Koko confesses! My goodness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
BEST EPISODE SO FAR. The romantic freak inside of me is screaming out of joy.

The fucking feels, geez. I know pretty well that feel Banri, I almost had a dejavù there, when Banri said to stop being friends.

This episode was pretty intense, Linda's expression and Banri's run left an huge impression on me.
Can't wait for the next episode.
AkanezoraNov 7, 2013 6:24 PM
Nov 7, 2013 6:20 PM

Jun 2007
Loved this episode, but if you guys are a little bit confused as I was I had to go back and reread some of the LN of this episode.

GIlgameshxIshtarNov 7, 2013 8:19 PM
Live your life of freedom
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 7, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2012
Banri x Linda <3
Nov 7, 2013 6:23 PM

Aug 2008
oh wow, this episode sure made me change my opinion fast! It sure escalated quick

AND WHO IS THAT BLONDE IN THE PREVIEW? YANA?
Nov 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2012
Natsurito said:
well if you want to know 'since when' you go and read the manga and light novel. FYI this episode is the WHOLE volume 2 of the light novel. LOL the director PACK in up.

Yeah I might check it out after the anime ends. So, that explains why it felt very rushed. xD
Nov 7, 2013 6:37 PM

Jun 2007
kuuderes_shadow said:
Banri shouldn't throw people away like that. It hurts. A lot. Too much... Whatever the reason. Get upset, yes. Get angry, yes. Turn them away? Yes. But just dismiss them, forever? No way. That's just wrong.

This series keeps bringing out painful memories. So why am I watching and enjoying it?

That wasn't even the only one this episode...

Setting that aside, Linda now knows that Banri knows about her. Though the two seem further apart than ever before, perhaps that's just a stepping stone for them to become friends again. I hope so. Or, to put it in a way Banri would understand, for Linda to become friends with the new Tada Banri.

And Kouko too.

Agreed, just to meet him again and lose everything. The twists and plot of this story... amazing... Best rom com this season.

IMO, I guess they'd have to start a fresh again...as friends but chances of the PV... I really doubt Linda has a chance since Banri's personality is concentrated on 'creating a new him' from scratch which makes me really sad. :(
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 7, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2011
So far so good! I'm glad I didn't read the novel, will check when the anime is over.

5/5
Nov 7, 2013 6:39 PM

Jul 2013
Damn all the drama in this episode, kind of painful to watch on several scenes. We get a little back story on Tada in the beginning and remember everything in the end. Also that ending scene where Koko confess was unexpected...

On the comic relief side, the Tea Party club still dangerous as ever, and Mitsuo confess too Chinami was unexpected also XD.

Is it me or the sound in this episode was a bit off, I hear the music in here was to high and the characters talk silently... Or I'm just imagining things.

Nov 7, 2013 6:41 PM

Apr 2012
YES Finally the confession, they really need to upload the manga -_-

Im loving the series so far. I want to ship Koko x Banri but I really like Linda as well!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 7, 2013 6:42 PM

Jun 2007
lijenstina said:
Interesting how in the shipping arguments - this girl is better that girl is better - one thing is disregarded - what Linda feels/felt for Banri ? Was it just friendship for her or something more ?

I totally understand what you are saying

tingy said:
Wow they skipped a lot of stuff from the manga :O They've caught up to the English scans I think (chapter 18?) and went past. Not sure how to feel about this since I originally started the reading the manga first, so it feels like this was a super rushed episode. I haven't read the LN though, anyone who has, was this faithful to it or did it skip some stuff? Lol nvm, person above me answered it :)

I've never thought Banri was annoying until this episode, where he irked me a little with his catharses (one with Kouko kinda, and the other with Linda). I kind of wish the manga route because I feel like it's one or two episode too soon for this drama. But still, it was enjoyable as I was really surprised at his outbursts.
rodac said:
As to the confession this early in the series, well I don't think they are on solid ground by any means. Neither of them knows what it is like to be in a mature relationship. Banri was really pretty dependent on Linda, and she was more like a big sister than a girlfriend. Kaga was emotionally dependent on Mitsuo and has a lot to learn about what a relationship is really all about. I think there will be some roadblocks and obstacles before we reach the happy ending.

Yeah definitely agree here, honestly I have a tiny doubt that this relationship will last (maybe Linda still has a chance?) or that there will be many conflicts coming up.

Yes, according to the LN, it was a bit rushed so people might have to actually reread the LN like me to analyze the part between Linda x Banri. - If you want more details, second half of the episode 6 is in
GIlgameshxIshtarNov 7, 2013 8:16 PM
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 7, 2013 6:42 PM

Jul 2013
Koko was just trolling.. :D
Nov 7, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2011
Ajunky said:
So, old Banri was a crybaby, and new Banri is bipolar. How fun.

I thought the same lol
Nov 7, 2013 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
I was kind of hoping we'd see Linda's reaction to Banri wearing their class shirt during their club practice but oh well, it still worked out.

Reaaaally fast-paced. Here we go with all the Linda awkwardness. I feel so bad for her now :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 7, 2013 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
Now this is what we were waiting for, right? Right?!

Banri was like a real man in this episode. I liked it how he dumped Kouko's friendship and made her confess. She must have realized that he is more than just a friend in her life!

Linda lost her chance on the day when the Tada Banri from the past died. I cannot think she can ever get another chance now that Kouko has confessed.

The new Banri is way cooler from his old self. Finally I am enjoying the anime. 5/5 for the episode and bumped the overall series rating to an 8/10. I really cannot wait to see where they take the anime from here since their feelings are mutual now. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 7, 2013 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
Did I like this episode?... The answer is "YES!"
Nov 7, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2011
banri gone HAM this episode
now it is officialy my fav romance anime of the season
Nov 7, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2012
Like other people have have said, the music was a bit loud during certain parts while the dialogue was a bit quiet.

The Yes and No fan thing was pretty clever. I didn't expect for them to use it when Banri told Koko he no longer wanted to be friends.

Poor Linda :(
I kind of understand Banri though because he was just considered friends by both girls but jumping in hope of getting amnesia again was a bit far. They showed that he was a bit emotional unstable before getting amnesia and I guess he's reverting to his older self as he gains more of his memories. Though I think it was hinted that the amnesia wasn't real or maybe I'm reading too deeply into what Banri said.

I wouldn't be surprised if Koko lied at the end because she didn't want to lose him as a friend and will grow to love him later on. There's a possibility that Mitsuo will get jealous of Banri, Linda may become jealous of Koko. Then there's Chinami, I have no idea what her role will be later on.

Personally Linda is my favorite girl, but she will most likely lose in the end and will probably find someone else.
Nov 7, 2013 7:10 PM
Nov 2012
Who the fuck is in charge of this adaptation?
They skipped around 8 MONTHLY manga chapters, and almost the entire 2nd VOLUME of the Light Novel.
And to change the location and circumstance where Banri confronts Linda. Like WOW, how can you think the club building is a better fit for such a tense moment? Jeebus.

Seriously, what the fuck Director, what the fuck are you doing.
Nov 7, 2013 7:17 PM

Jun 2007
penguindrum264 said:
Like other people have have said, the music was a bit loud during certain parts while the dialogue was a bit quiet.

The Yes and No fan thing was pretty clever. I didn't expect for them to use it when Banri told Koko he no longer wanted to be friends.

Poor Linda :(
I kind of understand Banri though because he was just considered friends by both girls but jumping in hope of getting amnesia again was a bit far. They showed that he was a bit emotional unstable before getting amnesia and I guess he's reverting to his older self as he gains more of his memories. Though I think it was hinted that the amnesia wasn't real or maybe I'm reading too deeply into what Banri said.

I wouldn't be surprised if Koko lied at the end because she didn't want to lose him as a friend and will grow to love him later on. There's a possibility that Mitsuo will get jealous of Banri, Linda may become jealous of Koko. Then there's Chinami, I have no idea what her role will be later on.

Personally Linda is my favorite girl, but she will most likely lose in the end and will probably find someone else.

Personally, showing how hes emotionally unstable before must have referred to as "You were a bomb" "I didnt know what to do" " I didn't want to lose you again" type of thing shows how much Linda actually cared for him - which
. It's one of those things in life you know. How should I put it in a less negative way - Snooze you lose kind of thing. If you know what I meant... You had the opportunity and chance, but you didn't take it. Time to move on... Which makes me really sympathize for Linda because I really believe she knew what she did wrong and she was hoping she could have had a second chance when she saw Banri in Tokyo for the first time.
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 7, 2013 7:20 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode, Linda is definitely my favorite girl. This anime gets better and better I can't wait until next week!
Nov 7, 2013 7:21 PM

Dec 2011
Holy shit, I didn't expect Kouko's confession in the end D:
And lol with Yana's reaction after his confession haha.
Nov 7, 2013 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
I thought Kouko for a second knocked Banri off the edge lol.

Love the ending as always.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Nov 7, 2013 7:27 PM

Aug 2011
Man I really don't like triangular love-esque situations, more often than not I either like the girl who won't get picked, or I like them both equally but ones gonna end up hurt without a happy ending, I'm torn.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Nov 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2012
this episode just COMPL3TELY stole all of my heart! <3

perfect! I'm going to re-watch it!

...edit.

ThisIsNotMyName said:
Woah,

So after watching ToraDora (which for some reason, I still want to see more Taiga) I found Golden Time, a light novel/anime done by the some person, so I had some pretty high expectations going into this.

In Toradora, I could kind of predict who was to end up with who, but Golden Time is completely different so far

It can go either way, the MC either chooses the love he can't remember or a new love.

All I know is that I can not even begin to predict who he is going to pick
and I've said it here before but this anime is so good because it's so real. it's true to so many feelings I've felt on both sides, hell, all sides! all the emotions are drawn out so damn well!

...edit.

I have this feeling that Linda's answer was a 'No' but after High School and when she has been observing him in college + the time that has passed and a lot of changes means emotional differences = she might love him now but not before.
Compl3teNov 7, 2013 7:56 PM
Nov 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2011
Well that escalated quickly. "I love you." Nope, I will not escape that. Linda-senpai must win <3.
TyrelNov 7, 2013 7:50 PM
Nov 7, 2013 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Tada didn't hold back when it came to telling Kaga how he really feels about her. Quite a sad moment between Linda and Tada at the end. Kaga confessed her love for Tada at the end which was nice.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 7, 2013 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
YES!

6 episodes in and already out of the friend zone. Go Banri!
Nov 7, 2013 8:16 PM

Nov 2013
Loved the episode, but felt like it needed a better build up with the koko confession. I'm not too convinced that she really loves him. Still a really great episode.
... As an artist, I am here to create a different world from reality...

...You have to believe you are great before anybody else does...
Nov 7, 2013 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
I really didn't expect that confession so soon.. Though is she just saying that to get Banri back in her life or does she truthfully mean it.
I do wonder what Linda's response would have been if she had made it there earlier.. and if the feelings are the same.

Really great episode
Nov 7, 2013 8:22 PM

May 2011
I like the episode. Many emotions. Now to wait what happens with the Banri x Koko. But well there is still Linda in the way. So a triangle can be formed.
Nov 7, 2013 9:11 PM
Jun 2013
Wow, this episode skyrocketed my interest in this anime. The scenes with each respectable heroine were enjoyable and drama filled. Shxt got real pretty fast as drunk Koko sobered up.

Pre-Amnesia Banri might have been a crybaby but he scored some serious alpha points when he changed the status quo. He basically did what people in real life never have the resolve to do when in the friend zone.

Monologue at the end was deep but not on Oregairu levels. Confession at the end was unexpected as I was thinking he was going to fall into the river, alluding to how he fell off the bridge the first time.
ArilixNov 7, 2013 9:18 PM
Nov 7, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2012
re-watching this episode, Tada is now in control. both Linda and Koko are now falling for him because his character is changing drastically. Linda will NOW fall for Baka Banri when she only use to see him as a friend and Koko will now fall for Tada because he's got his shit together and is on his way out. Koko can't deal w/another separation. but the real question is how Tada Banri will deal after all of this. there needs some thinking time and time for these emotions to settle in.

the most beautiful part about this is that Tada Banri has both girls now but he's not the same.

...edit.

DanielB0123 said:
Loved the episode, but felt like it needed a better build up with the koko confession. I'm not too convinced that she really loves him. Still a really great episode.
ever fallen in love? heh...
Nov 7, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
Their faces with the shoes o.O

Ultrasonic, where that name come from?

Wtf was with that music during the welcoming party?!

Well that confession was random :P

Hot hot hot middle card of Oka

Perfect rejection, by Oka.

Did anyone else feel that Tada's 'break-up' with Kaga was abrupt and kind of random?

Next day confession >.>

.... This episode way to rushed, TOO DAMN MUCH HAPPENED 0_0 seriously they must of blown through at least 4 or more chapters :/
Nov 7, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2013
Well Banri had a pretty immature/selfish reaction in his two major scenes with the girls before the climax. I suppose its to be expected however due to his young age and his erratic emotional state due to his past.

Should be very interesting to see how the next episode goes and how Banri acts after these dramatic revelations.
Nov 7, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Aerensianic said:
Well Banri had a pretty immature/selfish reaction in his two major scenes with the girls before the climax. I suppose its to be expected however due to his young age and his erratic emotional state due to his past.

Should be very interesting to see how the next episode goes and how Banri acts after these dramatic revelations.
ever been in love at a young age?
Nov 7, 2013 9:49 PM

Oct 2009
Even though the manga is very different, they're just blowing through the chapters too fast. No idea on what information they're using from the light novel. Six chapters to go, so prepare for a original anime ending.
Nov 7, 2013 9:49 PM

Dec 2011
omg omg that confession at the end omg

Nov 7, 2013 9:50 PM
Apr 2011
Nothing convincing this episode to make me like Kouko (again).

Linda's story is much more interesting, her inner struggle is certainly better than Kouko's self-serving whims for a center to the story. Might have to pick up the LN if there really is more depth to this section in it (Linda-wise).

Sadly, it feels like Linda is going to be kicked to the curb next episode.
Nov 7, 2013 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
Best eps. hands down! Loved it! I seriously almost cried at the end. And, I do not usually cry on anime. OMG! I can't wait to see what else is in store for this anime.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.