Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2013 8:22 PM

May 2011
I like the episode. Many emotions. Now to wait what happens with the Banri x Koko. But well there is still Linda in the way. So a triangle can be formed.
Nov 7, 2013 9:11 PM
Jun 2013
Wow, this episode skyrocketed my interest in this anime. The scenes with each respectable heroine were enjoyable and drama filled. Shxt got real pretty fast as drunk Koko sobered up.

Pre-Amnesia Banri might have been a crybaby but he scored some serious alpha points when he changed the status quo. He basically did what people in real life never have the resolve to do when in the friend zone.

Monologue at the end was deep but not on Oregairu levels. Confession at the end was unexpected as I was thinking he was going to fall into the river, alluding to how he fell off the bridge the first time.
ArilixNov 7, 2013 9:18 PM
Nov 7, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2012
re-watching this episode, Tada is now in control. both Linda and Koko are now falling for him because his character is changing drastically. Linda will NOW fall for Baka Banri when she only use to see him as a friend and Koko will now fall for Tada because he's got his shit together and is on his way out. Koko can't deal w/another separation. but the real question is how Tada Banri will deal after all of this. there needs some thinking time and time for these emotions to settle in.

the most beautiful part about this is that Tada Banri has both girls now but he's not the same.

...edit.

DanielB0123 said:
Loved the episode, but felt like it needed a better build up with the koko confession. I'm not too convinced that she really loves him. Still a really great episode.
ever fallen in love? heh...
Nov 7, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
Their faces with the shoes o.O

Ultrasonic, where that name come from?

Wtf was with that music during the welcoming party?!

Well that confession was random :P

Hot hot hot middle card of Oka

Perfect rejection, by Oka.

Did anyone else feel that Tada's 'break-up' with Kaga was abrupt and kind of random?

Next day confession >.>

.... This episode way to rushed, TOO DAMN MUCH HAPPENED 0_0 seriously they must of blown through at least 4 or more chapters :/
Nov 7, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2013
Well Banri had a pretty immature/selfish reaction in his two major scenes with the girls before the climax. I suppose its to be expected however due to his young age and his erratic emotional state due to his past.

Should be very interesting to see how the next episode goes and how Banri acts after these dramatic revelations.
Nov 7, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Aerensianic said:
Well Banri had a pretty immature/selfish reaction in his two major scenes with the girls before the climax. I suppose its to be expected however due to his young age and his erratic emotional state due to his past.

Should be very interesting to see how the next episode goes and how Banri acts after these dramatic revelations.
ever been in love at a young age?
Nov 7, 2013 9:49 PM

Oct 2009
Even though the manga is very different, they're just blowing through the chapters too fast. No idea on what information they're using from the light novel. Six chapters to go, so prepare for a original anime ending.
Nov 7, 2013 9:49 PM

Dec 2011
omg omg that confession at the end omg

Nov 7, 2013 9:50 PM
Apr 2011
Nothing convincing this episode to make me like Kouko (again).

Linda's story is much more interesting, her inner struggle is certainly better than Kouko's self-serving whims for a center to the story. Might have to pick up the LN if there really is more depth to this section in it (Linda-wise).

Sadly, it feels like Linda is going to be kicked to the curb next episode.
Nov 7, 2013 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
Best eps. hands down! Loved it! I seriously almost cried at the end. And, I do not usually cry on anime. OMG! I can't wait to see what else is in store for this anime.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 7, 2013 9:54 PM

Mar 2012
Compl3te said:
Aerensianic said:

ever been in love at a young age?

Yeah I gotta say you due some pretty irrational things.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 7, 2013 9:56 PM
Jul 2013
amazing episode.
Just amazing.

No words
Nov 7, 2013 10:12 PM

Jun 2007
Tony777 said:
Even though the manga is very different, they're just blowing through the chapters too fast. No idea on what information they're using from the light novel. Six chapters to go, so prepare for a original anime ending.

They're using what I'd say the main points of the LN, technically they are blowing through the lightnovel at a pretty fast pace too.
Live your life of freedom
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 7, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
I love this.
Definitely in the top 3 anime currently airing.
This is the kind of romance drama I love.
Nov 7, 2013 10:22 PM
Feb 2013
damn too much feels in this episode. Damn, I want Linda than Kouko.
Nov 7, 2013 11:10 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my God! Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

Dat Mitsuo to Chinami confession! Dat tea club! Dat wake up call for Koko! Dat ending!!!

Banri is simply amazing! Perfect? No, no human is. And "human" is the key word here because unlike most anime male leads, this guy looks like an actual person.
Nov 7, 2013 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
Arghhh! I'm going to explode!!! First when Yana-san confessed, hahahaha I lol'd there so much. He was F-R-I-E-N-D-Z-O-N-E-D >.<

And then "watashi wa, tada-kun ga suki!". Hearing those words from Koko, dayum!? A whole new path was opened. Things will be more interesting from now on hahaha. I can't wait for episode 7!
Nov 7, 2013 11:40 PM

Dec 2010
Fantastic episode, the best of the show easily, and probably the best of the season. I didn't realize how much I liked this show, its great! I, too wonder how this will unfold over the next 3/4 of the show. Certainly a lot has gone down!

I still really like Linda, my heart breaks for her situation...
Nov 7, 2013 11:48 PM

Jul 2009
...i dont even know lol
banri basically talks with kaga hoping to be her bf but if he cant, he wont even be her friend. ass move?
and now he just made linda cry for no reason as hes now going to get with koko
this anime. i dont even know.
Nov 8, 2013 12:12 AM

Oct 2009
GIlgameshxIshtar said:
They're using what I'd say the main points of the LN, technically they are blowing through the light novel at a pretty fast pace too.

Yes, the anime is based on the light novel. The anime looks like it wasn't planned out very well, so I feel it may have an original ending, we'll see.
Nov 8, 2013 12:34 AM
Aug 2013
Wow that went fast!

The episode was great!

Feeling kinda bad about the yes/no thing with banri...
Nov 8, 2013 12:40 AM

May 2012
ARGGGGG!!!!! i cant choose.. i want linda and banri to be together but i want kouko and banri too.. looks like theyre dating next ep..

Nov 8, 2013 1:11 AM

Jun 2011
hoooly this anime takes leaps. Wtf? I actually like how this is being played out, but it's definitly going to fall off.
Nov 8, 2013 2:00 AM

Jul 2008
It felt very rushed. In less than three episodes Tada confesses, gets rejected and friendzoned, gets fed up with said friendzone, and then gets confessed to by Kaga. I didn't expect the Linda situation to blow up so quickly either.

While I wouldn't have minded it happening a little slower, the last scene was great and I am looking forward to seeing what direction the anime will take. I wasn't expecting them to actually start dating until at least the half way point.
Nov 8, 2013 2:23 AM

May 2013
kaga x newbanri linda x oldbanri is that possible?
Nov 8, 2013 2:30 AM

Jul 2011
xin09 said:
kaga x newbanri linda x oldbanri is that possible?

I think do mean Linda x GhostBanri
Nov 8, 2013 2:31 AM

Nov 2009
Best episode of any anime for this week so far.

Couldn't blame Banri at all for shunning Koko. Considering she knew how he felt. It was pretty much rubbed in his face that she was still all about Yana.

I know he will probably wind up with Koko properly by the end but I'm really interested in seeing how Linda will fit into this whole thing as she has been my favourite character so far.
Nov 8, 2013 2:47 AM

Dec 2012
I felt really sad watching this episode, especially when seeing how Banri was hurting being Kouko like that and also the whole mess with Linda. For him to become close and love someone but get turned down and still stay by their side is so tough and even though he can't remember that experience with Linda, I bet his heart remembers that pain.

Omg! That ending was just great and my mood did a complete 180! YES!!! I am so glad Kouko realized how important Banri is to her. I'm not sure if she loves him properly yet but she will get there and it'll be so nice. :)

Overall excellent episode. I see this getting even better!
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Nov 8, 2013 3:01 AM

Aug 2013
Is no one else pissed at how they didn't include the sexy part of the shoe scene with Linda-senpai like in the manga ;C
Nov 8, 2013 3:29 AM

Dec 2011
Tony777 said:

Wait what do u mean by 6 chaps to go? Are u saying there's only 6 chap left from the light novel to be adapt to the anime? Or by 6 chap u mean 6 episode left? This is a 2 cour anime. And also, for those who read the light novel what volume is the anime at right now? there is like 7 vol + 2 side story of the novel iirc right
Nov 8, 2013 3:30 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Hit the climax pretty quickly and judging from the next episode preview, I'm certain that this Banri x Kaga is a bad, bad idea after blowing up at Linda like that. The fact that Kaga hasn't really opened up to anyone, like Yana actually mentioned, makes me think that she hasn't really changed or developed significantly, and Banri's explosion at her was a testament to that. Now they're going to go out?......dang it! Linda can't lose that easily!!

Good episode, perhaps should've been spaced out a bit more, but I'm totally into it now. I wonder how Banri and Linda will set things straight soon and I'm certainly wondering where the chance of Banri x Linda has dropped to now. T_T

AntiHero92 said:
Is no one else pissed at how they didn't include the sexy part of the shoe scene with Linda-senpai like in the manga ;C

W-what scene is this?!
Nov 8, 2013 3:49 AM
Aug 2012
Woah best episode of this week.

That graduation shirt scene hit me hard. I would be fricken miserable if my name had not appeared, accident or no.
Rejection reaction and tea club haha.
Banri proving to be a respectable protagonist. Man's up for when he doesn't approve of something. Leaving the friendzone in a badass way.
Nov 8, 2013 4:03 AM
Sep 2013
This is going to really complicate things. Linda knows that he knows! I feel really bad for Linda and I'm rooting for her :(
Nov 8, 2013 4:18 AM
Feb 2011
amc9988 said:
[
And also, for those who read the light novel what volume is the anime at right now? there is like 7 vol + 2 side story of the novel iirc right

They used 4 Episodes for the first Volume and they are at the end of the second volume with this 6th Episode. Only a little scnene was not animated from the second volume. So they are basically 5 Volumes left. If the 8th Volume is the last one than they are going to animate the whole series, though in a very fast pace which leaves a lot of fun/cool and important scneces out.
Nov 8, 2013 4:18 AM
Jan 2011
I do like the character Banri. He isn't one of those nice guys who try to be a friend to the girl he likes hoping her feeling will change. And then whine about being frienzoned when they don't. He was going to cut all ties.

He's come a long way from whining about a t-shirt without his name on it.Now he manned up.

I would definitely join the tea club. I do like to party.
xsilicon9Nov 8, 2013 4:23 AM
Nov 8, 2013 4:24 AM

Mar 2013
The Banri in the anime is completely different from the one in the manga so far. The one in the anime is emotionally unstable and bipolar, quite serious whereas the one in the manga has a good sense of humour, spontaneous and a little pervert like a normal guy, which is good. The anime skipped a lot of important character development events which happened in the manga like the snake's bite on Kouko's leg, the inside out shirt, the shoe with Linda and such, which is quite unfortunate.
The anime is rushing it but I still like the way it is heading though.
Nov 8, 2013 4:43 AM
Jan 2011
kuuurt said:
Hm... I think I'll pick up the light novels. Anons from /a/ said that the adaptation skimmed over a lot of details in the novels.

Anyway, this episode was pretty great, but quickly turned to shit as it ended. The "I love you, Tada-kun." scene was poorly made. The insert song entered perfectly, but the segue to the ED was horrible. They should've just made the ending song play instead of putting in a nice, emotional song then cutting it right where the climax falls off. Completely ruined the scene.

Another one: when Tada spoke shit about Linda. Could've been done better, could've been given more time to animate. God, that scene was supposed to be one of the highlights this episode but they just treated it like the rest of the episode.

I, too, believe that the anime is going too fast. One moment Tada's enduring the friendzone, then after one damn joke about Mitsuki, he gets super butthurt? That's just too quick. The "yes/no" scene with Kouko, on the other hand, was a pretty well-written part, but I guess props goes to the author rather than the producer.

I'm already feeling it: this anime's probably going to flop. I'm still enjoying it while I can, though.

It wasn't just about Mituso but in the beginning he waited to get an answer from Linda. He wasn't going to wait again for Kouko. But yea its going fast.
Nov 8, 2013 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
it Finally happened <3333
Nov 8, 2013 5:06 AM

Oct 2013
eminagnam said:
Interesting development. He was involved in an accident on the bridge when he was waiting for Linda back then, so that she failed to tell him her reply? But then I don't understand why he didn't open the door of the restroom stall to talk to her. I rooted for Banri x Linda, but then Koko literally and unexpectedly caught him to tell him her love at the end. He is a lucky boy. lol

The party scene was hilarious, especially when Banri threw Koko and Mitsuo into the horror room. Also it's kinda funny he calls Linda with an honorific suffix *senpai* though she was his classmate in high school.

He lost one year, because of the accident, so she were one year in that university, but he just a first year student! She is in fact his *senpai*(that was shown in the first episode and later explained in the episode before this).
Nov 8, 2013 5:16 AM

Mar 2012
kuuurt said:
Hm... I think I'll pick up the light novels. Anons from /a/ said that the adaptation skimmed over a lot of details in the novels.

Anyway, this episode was pretty great, but quickly turned to shit as it ended. The "I love you, Tada-kun." scene was poorly made. The insert song entered perfectly, but the segue to the ED was horrible. They should've just made the ending song play instead of putting in a nice, emotional song then cutting it right where the climax falls off. Completely ruined the scene.

Another one: when Tada spoke shit about Linda. Could've been done better, could've been given more time to animate. God, that scene was supposed to be one of the highlights this episode but they just treated it like the rest of the episode.

I, too, believe that the anime is going too fast. One moment Tada's enduring the friendzone, then after one damn joke about Mitsuki, he gets super butthurt? That's just too quick. The "yes/no" scene with Kouko, on the other hand, was a pretty well-written part, but I guess props goes to the author rather than the producer.

I'm already feeling it: this anime's probably going to flop. I'm still enjoying it while I can, though.

I haven't read the novels, but I wouldn't get too harsh with the criticism.

Did it seem kinda odd? Perhaps out of place? Yeah, it sort of did. However, I'm going to speak from personal experience. I've had my own episodes where I've snapped at someone and hell, I once did that in a similar situation where a girl I liked friend zoned me and then hung on the fence about a possible relationship. Much like Banri, I suddenly snapped at her one time asking for a yes or no. The friend zone is never a fun place to be, especially with a girl you really like. So to me, it didn't feel that poorly written or poorly executed.

The one area I will agree with you on is this episode did feel somewhat rushed. I'm not sure if it was poor translation in the fan sub, but I had a hard time following Banri and Linda's conversation toward the end of the episode.

*edit* Oh shit, I didn't realize it was you, kuuurt. lol Dude, we have been disagreeing on just about every anime we're watching this season. :P
Nov 8, 2013 6:20 AM

Oct 2013
The skimming is a problem because the devil is in the details.

lijenstinaNov 8, 2013 6:29 AM
Cemeteries are full of past winners.

Hypocrisy is about being your own marketing department.
Nov 8, 2013 6:27 AM

Dec 2011
Josl said:
amc9988 said:
[
And also, for those who read the light novel what volume is the anime at right now? there is like 7 vol + 2 side story of the novel iirc right

They used 4 Episodes for the first Volume and they are at the end of the second volume with this 6th Episode. Only a little scnene was not animated from the second volume. So they are basically 5 Volumes left. If the 8th Volume is the last one than they are going to animate the whole series, though in a very fast pace which leaves a lot of fun/cool and important scneces out.

Wait... so is there any conformation that said vol 8 is the last volume? I usually prefer novel ending... I'm still mad that JC staff didn't go with the novel ending for sakurasou... I know the anime end before the last volume is being publish... but still T_T
Nov 8, 2013 6:28 AM
Nov 2013
I love the show but I would really want Banri x Linda because they seem like a nice couple..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2013 6:34 AM

Oct 2013
amc9988 said:

I'm still mad that JC staff didn't go with the novel ending for sakurasou... I know the anime end before the last volume is being publish... but still T_T

They didn't went in Toradora either - while the main gist is the same, the novel ending is different ( albeit they have the excuse of working with the draft not the released material of the 10th novel).
Cemeteries are full of past winners.

Hypocrisy is about being your own marketing department.
Nov 8, 2013 7:12 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Unexpected ending, really enjoyable, this week has been a good week for anime :]
Nov 8, 2013 7:15 AM
Jan 2011
Banri should really stay off bridges. He keeps getting run down.
Nov 8, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
OMG I wasn't expecting this

LoL I missed the tea club xD
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Nov 8, 2013 7:22 AM

Aug 2012
Shit got real this episode. I love everything about this episode except for that confession. As in.. what the fuck is that? She suddenly liked him after all that desperate attempt in obtaining Mitsuo? Lol.

If that was just a confession to prevent Tada's 'suicide'... well.. I can forgive this shit but if she really like Banri.. damn it. haha.
Nov 8, 2013 7:32 AM
Jan 2011
Whoa, in the manga Chami and Mitsuo are already going out with each other, but here in the anime it's a bit diffrent.

Now, Koko has popped the ans that Banri has been waiting for, geeeez, I wonder if Banri is suicidal? I'm begging to think that the accident that happen to him may have been his own doing.
Nov 8, 2013 7:42 AM
Feb 2011
Nasty001 said:
Whoa, in the manga Chami and Mitsuo are already going out with each other

No they are not
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Yesterday, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.