Forum Settings
Forums

'Naruto: Shippuden' to Begin Airing on Toonami Starting January 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 6, 2013 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
I miss Toonami tbh. I don't have the channel anymore though so sadly I can't watch it...*sigh*.
Nov 6, 2013 6:40 PM
Feb 2012
Oh great, just what Toonami needs......more stupid Naruto.
Nov 6, 2013 6:48 PM

Dec 2010
Aww, I was actually wanting to watch the Sasuke Retrieval Arc again.

Am I the only one who prefers the original Naruto over Shippuden?
Nov 6, 2013 6:52 PM
Jul 2013
I didn't think Toonami would be able to start airing Shippuden this soon, tbh. It's still good for Toonami, nonetheless. Although, I'm not too crazy about the idea of them ending Naruto at 50 episodes.
Nov 6, 2013 7:10 PM
Jan 2009
I understand Toonami's decision for Naruto. I think a lot of viewers are more interested in seeing Shippuden then the original series as most of the original series aired previously on Cartoon Network. I think that Toonami feels they can get away with skipping so many episodes since One Piece has been doing well even with so many episodes having been skipped.
Nov 6, 2013 7:13 PM
Jul 2012
meh. no thanks. Tired of naruto already. Been there done that, but ehh whatever.

j0x said:
Space Dandy is bigger news than Naruto lol

Agreed. Can't wait for Space Dandy's first episode on toonami where that show needs to watched by everyone than naruto.

Mod Edit: Double post combined. Please don't double post.
rodacNov 7, 2013 12:11 AM
Nov 6, 2013 7:19 PM

Dec 2012
Are they gonna air fillers?
Nov 6, 2013 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
I'll be watching since I'm way far behind on the Japanese broadcast and there are a couple of parts I want to see animated like the great ninja war.
[center]
Nov 6, 2013 7:58 PM

Nov 2012
When this was removed from Disney XD that's when I switched to sub, and started watching other anime

I honestly wish it picked up where it left off.
Nov 6, 2013 7:59 PM

May 2012
I stopped re-watching Naruto on toonami after episode 15 or so. Watching the new Shippudden episodes is enough.

ReflectiveDays said:

Nope
Most people prefer Naruto actually.
Nov 6, 2013 8:08 PM

Apr 2010
More Sasuke is always a good thing. I will definitely be watching it. <3
Nov 6, 2013 8:13 PM
Feb 2012
Not crazy about the show or this announcement, but I'm glad that it's on Toonami finally. Better to stay there than being on Disney XD... 'twas not the pretty days for the franchise.
Nov 6, 2013 8:14 PM

Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:
Are they gonna air fillers?

Probably...
Nov 6, 2013 8:26 PM

May 2008
I had no idea Disney had Naruto Shippuden at one point, though they seem to buy anything and everything these days... I obviously don't keep up with Naruto anime licenses... I also believe, though I don't watch the anime, that going to Shippuden is the right choice simply cause it's already far in, and the published manga is pretty far along, so starting from the start, especially when I remember them airing it 6+ years ago, while it would help any "newcomers", I find it hard to believe there were a lot of Naruto viewers who hadn't already seen subs or something else of the "original" Naruto.
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nov 6, 2013 11:57 PM

Aug 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
malvarez1 said:
I'm glad for Shippuden...

but what about people watching Naruto for the first time? They'll have to do one heckuva catch-up!
They started One Piece at episode 310(or around there) and said they have all the episodes legally online to catch up. Maybe something similar or they're just counting on those Disney Naruto fans.

I really doubt this:
they're just counting on those Disney Naruto fans
Nov 7, 2013 7:27 AM

Nov 2008
Oh well ...
Nov 7, 2013 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
great news.. thanks..

<3 spread the NS love!
Nov 7, 2013 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
So they are picking up where they left off then before Toonami got axed then?

Well in any case I have to say at least I'm not going to miss much out of this so-called "time-skip" Toonami is doing here.

I mean I rather be closer to what they have over in Japan right now then to go through all of this for a second time you know. :3
Nov 7, 2013 11:53 PM
Mar 2009
Replacing Naruto with Shippuden? Awesome, though it'll take a while for them to get up to where I dropped all Naruto completely.
Nov 8, 2013 6:37 AM
May 2012
That's cool I guess.
Nov 8, 2013 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Battlechili1 said:

Oh well. I heard Shippuden is better.
its been very long and i havent watched since years ago but its quite the oppossite, naruto is actually a really entertianing shounen and it peaks at this one arc about the chunnin exams ending with this huge blowout in action in this tournament like thing. Then after that things started getting mixed, alot of the came begins to wear off and then fillers start hitting

I think it'd still be worth a watch but it is kind of downhill and shippuden began losing me early on, its a show stretched past where it should have been

I couldn't disagree more. The Chunin Exams are so ridiculously dragged out, the preliminaries were literally episodes on episodes of boring fights (Naruto vs Kiba, Shino vs the sound ninja, Ino vs Sakura, etc). Sure it had its moments but it was for the most part boring, best arc in the original Naruto was easily the Tsunade arc. As someone who just rewatched the whole first series, I prefer Shippuden far more than the original.

On topic, are they going to skip fillers? If not they are stupid as hell.

bleachfan420 said:
Oh great, just what Toonami needs......more stupid Naruto.
"bleachfan420"
SuperImpact said:
I stopped re-watching Naruto on toonami after episode 15 or so. Watching the new Shippudden episodes is enough.

ReflectiveDays said:

Nope
Most people prefer Naruto actually.
Really? I've actually seen more people who like Shippuden, plus Shippuden has got a higher rating on MAL (not that I take MAL's ratings seriously though). It's usually just that people who prefer Part 1 tend to complain about how downhill they think it has gotten, making them stand out more. On most polls I have seen Shippuden tends to win.

Mod Edit: Double post combined.
rodacNov 9, 2013 10:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2013 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
Perfer Shippuden, I couldn't stand kid Naruto, that and Shippuden features more Akatsuki who are easily the best part of the show especially Itachi.
Nov 8, 2013 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
Minagatachi said:
JizzyHitler said:
Battlechili1 said:

Oh well. I heard Shippuden is better.
its been very long and i havent watched since years ago but its quite the oppossite, naruto is actually a really entertianing shounen and it peaks at this one arc about the chunnin exams ending with this huge blowout in action in this tournament like thing. Then after that things started getting mixed, alot of the came begins to wear off and then fillers start hitting

I think it'd still be worth a watch but it is kind of downhill and shippuden began losing me early on, its a show stretched past where it should have been

I couldn't disagree more. The Chunin Exams are so ridiculously dragged out, the preliminaries were literally episodes on episodes of boring fights (Naruto vs Kiba, Shino vs the sound ninja, Ino vs Sakura, etc). Sure it had its moments but it was for the most part boring, best arc in the original Naruto was easily the Tsunade arc. As someone who just rewatched the whole first series, I prefer Shippuden far more than the original.

On topic, are they going to skip fillers? If not they are stupid as hell.
And i will respectfully disagree right back at yah

The chunin exams were the part of the show that seemed to ahve the most development going in just about every regard, the main plot was moving, characters were developing and growing relationships with one another, we were getting backstories and learning things about tons of soon to be major characters, and we even saw some rivalries started and concluded, all tied in with the strong finale that had both a emotional conclusion that changed how the series would go as well as provided some entertaining fights(minus the one stolen from cowboy bebop)

Shippuden felt like it was dragging things out too long, not just in pacing but in story overall, it felt like it should have ended years ago and too many of the fights become too reliant on overpowered moves unlike the techniques and tactics they relied on in the first series. While the first series did rely a bit heavily on naruto's power it still managed to not completely rely on it, shippudden did and many of the characters that got good amounts of screen time and development int he first series fade to the background or become entirely pointless a whilst introducing a bunch of new characters that would also fade into the background. On top of that it had too much use of deus ex machina, pulling new moves out of their asses or reversing what should have been permanent decisions, it made things less and less interesting

Even in this final arc, without getting into spoilers, it feels way too mixed, while its good to see it kill of some actually important characters as well as have a few certain plot points i didnt see coming, its all too mixed and it feels really rushed and not well thought out, and how things have gone recently in chapters it feels like it will end with asspulls

Also while shallow, orochimaru was a pretty intimidating villain, while
JizzyHitlerNov 8, 2013 1:20 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 23, 2013 5:50 AM

Jun 2010
I hate Naruto, but at least Disney won't be butchering it anymore ヽ(´ー` )ノ
Nov 23, 2013 6:50 AM

Feb 2010
Oh? Are they going to go through the entire series or only air a few or a couple hundred episodes?

This is quite interesting. I wonder what happened to make them want to bring it back. Guess it's been enough time and they want money/viewers?

Edit: I think it's good to show fillers, so the viewers get to see the whole show and not miss an episode, despite the hate. I'm not a fan of the show but I hate missing even the stupidest episode.

I also have to wonder if they're going to start at episode 1 or continue where Disney left it?
FAlRYNov 23, 2013 6:54 AM

Nov 23, 2013 2:11 PM
Feb 2012
good for toonami . deff help get more viewers . although personally Naruto OG > Shippudden

shippuden fell off long ago .
Nov 26, 2013 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah I wish they did two episodes a week. I just can't wait a week for one episode if there is already episodes of it dubbed or subbed online and/or on dvd. I even tried with Sword Art Online dubbed but by episode 12, I just had to go on youtube and watch it subbed.

But Toonami will have Space Dandy so I'll watch that since it'll be out before Japan and when Toonami brings out a new show that I haven't seen, I'll go look it up and if i like it I'll watch it online. Neon Alley is really awesome but I can't get it. But when I'm in the mood to just sit back and watch anime, Toonami is there. Well...on Saturday mornings.

Holy Crap, sorry for the long message. Anime4Life xD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.