Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 5, 2013 11:28 PM
Feb 2009
aww i knew it so obvious it was harutora that made that promise
Nov 6, 2013 1:24 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode.

I think the one who met Kyouko when she was a child was Harutora and not Natsume. I can't imagine if she knows that Natsume is actually a girl and she have fallen to a girl. lol.

Natsume does like Charlotte, a reverse trap, pretending to be a boy. and same voice actress too, Hana Kanazawa does likes these roles. she's awesome :D
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Nov 6, 2013 1:26 AM

Mar 2013
my mind is full of fuck.

is natsume a girl or a boy jesus that made that confusing as hell.
Nov 6, 2013 1:27 AM

Aug 2011
Misunderstandings, Misunderstandings wherever you look in this episode.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Nov 6, 2013 1:34 AM
Mar 2013
facade63 said:
my mind is full of fuck.

is natsume a girl or a boy jesus that made that confusing as hell.

Natsume is a girl.

It was already been stated in the anime but w/e.
Nov 6, 2013 1:34 AM

Sep 2012
Kurahashi does not even realize she is turning into a lesbian LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 6, 2013 1:56 AM

Mar 2013
That was... seriously the end of the familiars fight? Sure, whatever.

I liked that yakou devotee guy, and I'm pretty disappointed with the way they defeat these enemies and solve these issues so quickly, just so they can get back to pretty horrifically mediocre relationship drama repeatedly.

Natsume's continuing to be annoying, especially with her dumb tsundere shit. The mistaken gender stuff's sorta funny, and it'd be a nice chance to see some canon yuri (because Kurahashi/Natsume would be a way better ship than all this Natsume/Harutora crud we're inevitably gonna get anyway) but it's obviously never gonna happen. Ugh, whatever.

I'm literally just... I thought this episode meant this anime was gonna get better, but then it started to let itself down again. At least the demon wasn't seriously shitty CGI for once, I guess.
Nov 6, 2013 2:19 AM
Mar 2013
straggy said:
That was... seriously the end of the familiars fight? Sure, whatever.

I liked that yakou devotee guy, and I'm pretty disappointed with the way they defeat these enemies and solve these issues so quickly, just so they can get back to pretty horrifically mediocre relationship drama repeatedly.

They blatantly decided to skip a lot from the original material in this episode. No wonder you're displeased with it. Even the past episodes had some rather important and relevant plot material, but hey, why bother, let's skip those too.
Nov 6, 2013 4:26 AM

Sep 2012
My awaited familiar battle didn't finished, the cliffhanger on the last ep was pointless -_-

Hope this show improve.

symbv said:

LOL.
Nov 6, 2013 4:37 AM

Apr 2010
The series just gets better and better.

5/5
Nov 6, 2013 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
There are so many story possibilities for this series' hentai doujinshi XD

Natsume's abusing her power to get close to Harutora, first by sending a shikigami, tricking him into becoming her shikigami, and now moving to his dorm.
Nov 6, 2013 5:35 AM
May 2011
This show is really disappointing. Another lesbian in another show. Just tired of it. No anime without a lesbian.
Nov 6, 2013 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
ehhh, so that's episode 5 huh... it's kinda lame, didn't left any unforgettable moment, except for the battle scene of course.

So, bakatora and the so-called guy natsume, what'll happen to their relationship? i'm quite interested to that hahaha.
Nov 6, 2013 5:58 AM

May 2011
They left us with the familiar clifthanger last episode just to end it in a couple of seconds in this one. The rest of the episode was mediocre.
Nov 6, 2013 6:26 AM

Aug 2008
symbv said:
Sound hot.

And I want some girls for Touji. He's so much of a badass.
Nov 6, 2013 6:46 AM

Feb 2012
solomon585858 said:
This show is really disappointing. Another lesbian in another show. Just tired of it. No anime without a lesbian.

LOL. What? It seems that you're missing a lot of anime shows then.

Kurahashi is very much interesting. I can't wait for the outcome when Natsume's real gender's revealed.
Nov 6, 2013 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
I look forward as well when Kurahashi discovers the truth about Natsume and the one she promised with was actually Bakatora. I would love to see her reaction.
Nov 6, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
Magito said:
I look forward as well when Kurahashi discovers the truth about Natsume and the one she promised with was actually Bakatora. I would love to see her reaction.

ah that will be fun. More so when they all see she's a girl.
Nov 6, 2013 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
Cool ep not mindblowing but its ok.
Nov 6, 2013 7:43 AM

Nov 2012
solomon585858 said:

There are no Lesbians in the Anime...

The girl that likes Natsume thinks Natsume is a "Boy" Everyone in her class does besides Harutora and Touji.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Nov 6, 2013 8:25 AM

Jul 2010
Jagd84 said:
Akanezora said:
So, Kyouko's childhood friend was Harutora all along? Interesting, I bet it won't take much longer before Kyouko fall for Harutora then.

Xinception said:
MCAL said:

And let me get this straight. Harutora was too dense to figure out who "Hokuto" really was, but not to figure out the less obvious fact that Kuruhashi was making up with him to try to get to Natsume.

Logicz, Logicz, man.

^THIS.

Harutora is actually a pretty perspective person when he's dealing with stuff outside the areas of romance. Furthermore a lot if has to due with the fact he views Natsume and Hokuto completely differently.

It seems a pretty lame excuse to me, Kuboish-like.
Nov 6, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Now she moved into the same dorm as him ^_^

It took 5 seconds for Bakatora to realize what Kyouko said and the reaction was priceless. Whats with that enemy going all Yandere and saliva dripping from the mouth :o
Nov 6, 2013 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
Even Kon couldn't save this episode. This was terrible beyond the point. How can people be so dense and dumb? And then that investigator fanatic or whatever. Did they try to make him as retarded as possible? I really was hoping that after they moved to university, show would get a little bit better. I guess I was wrong. Might check out another episode, but I'm not sure about that... :/
Nov 6, 2013 12:31 PM

Dec 2011
That was an awesome episode.

Also, looks like Harutora is the one that has the promise with Kurahashi instead. Can't wait to see how this promise would be unfolded.

I thought it would be revealed that Natsume is actually a girl in this episode, at least to Kurahashi and Tenma but looks like it will be really saved for later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
Creepy cultist, OP staff and Natsume the reverse trap.

Please don't turn this show into a harem, I already shipped Harutora to Suzuka since episode one lol.

Oh and not nearly enough Kon in this episode.
Nov 6, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
I was excited about that fight and they gave us pretty much nothing :/

That fight seemed pretty random and the magical investigator guy was weird.

I knew Kurahashi liked Natsume ;D her reaction when she finds out that Natsume is a girl will be great.

Funny preview.
Nov 6, 2013 2:01 PM
Jan 2012
Just now realizing that Natsume was pretending to be a dude.... Was deathly confused throughout this episode hahaha I think they explained this early on in the series but it must have went over my head -_-
Nov 6, 2013 3:09 PM

Aug 2010
Nasty001 said:
I never get it as to why Natsume has to pretend to be a boy.

I don't get why everyone believes that she's a boy. It's so obvious that she isn't.
Nov 6, 2013 3:10 PM

Mar 2011
Well so is Natsume secretly a girl, that everyone thinks is a boy who dresses and acts like a girl?

And a love triangle between cousins.

Wel this is certainly interesting.

The fight at the start I was hoping to see more from but oh well. I look forward to kurahashi finally discovering his true talent. As I assume this will lead to 'male lead starts out as useless but turns out to be op' ending.

Oh and I love kon <3.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 6, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
Aggron said:

That fight seemed pretty random and the magical investigator guy was weird.

Heh, neither his unstable attitude nor the fight was random although the anime could have presented it little better. you will have to wait till next episode to find that out.
Nov 6, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
Well that ending will lead to a huge misunderstanding.

Great episode!!!
Nov 6, 2013 8:29 PM

Nov 2012
Battle between Harutora/Kon vs Kyouko was pretty anticlamatic.It was so short.

Natsume got kidnapped and Harutora and everyone saved her.

The Yako guy's voices sounded familiar,pretty sure it was either Kaji or Miyano.

Dem misunderstandings.

Touji is such a mysterious character he needs more screentime.

Kyouko loves Natsume.Ha she's switching sides without even realizing it.Seems she's got the wrong person though.
Nov 6, 2013 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was Ok though the battle scenes were kind of dull imo. Though it was intense but it felt a bit cheesy on some scenes. Also that fight from the beginning is too short and I thought it will be longer than that. Nevertheless, episode was still enjoyable.

So Natusume and Kyoko knew each other since they were little. that's a little progress of being friends. Huh Natsumi was kidnapped by that Yukou devotee guy or whatever. Rescuing Natusume was a success and that Yukou guy retreated somewhere. Now with Natsume living close to Harutora, I wonder if Kyoku will know about her true gender...

Nov 6, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2012
Oh my, the whole episode I wasn't sure if the subs were wrong/trolling or if Natsume was actually a boy. When (s)he finally said "I'm a boy, too" in the dorms, I was like, "SHE'S A GUY?" lol my mind was blown. Well, then I corrected myself with a "he".
I also wasn't sure if the Yakou guy was bad, I thought he wanted to be Natsume's protector, but uh, I guess Natsume wanted her friends or something. Not that I care all that much, but it took a little for me to label him as a "bad guy" =P

Kon and the ED are pretty much the only things I really like about this series. I'm not saying I don't like the series, but it's nothing standing out. Kon seriously needs her own show I'm so glad she does the ending of each episode ^^

Nov 7, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2010
I really like this Anime so far but that Boy Thing is just fckin retarded...
Nov 7, 2013 3:13 AM
Jul 2013
If they include "that" I'd be happy.

No show is complete without at least one.
Nov 7, 2013 3:46 AM
May 2013
Isnt harutora suppose to yell back at natsume when natsume scold him at the stair.. no excitement here. i like this part follow a little bit like manga.
Nov 7, 2013 3:56 AM

Mar 2010
^The anime cut-out a lot to get this arc done in 2 episodes so don't be surprised if there is stuff missing or changed.
Nov 7, 2013 4:42 AM

Nov 2012
kazumazero said:
Isnt harutora suppose to yell back at natsume when natsume scold him at the stair.. no excitement here. i like this part follow a little bit like manga.

Its good though when an Anime doesn't "exactly" follow the manga. It gives people who read the manga something new to enjoy.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Nov 7, 2013 8:01 AM

Jul 2012
Meh episode. Too much random angst in the middle and the fight was boring. I don't really care about their school drama tbh. Hope it gets better. Also, was it just me or did I hear Suzuki Tatsuhisa voicing the random side character boy in the first half (the one that made a comment about Harutora and then everyone else started to become friends with him)

Ragna92 said:
Nasty001 said:
I never get it as to why Natsume has to pretend to be a boy.

I don't get why everyone believes that she's a boy. It's so obvious that she isn't.

^
Nov 7, 2013 9:11 AM

Jan 2011
The drama is so silly at times, it takes a lot of effort not to facepalm.
Harutora has a special shounen mode, MLG!
I guess Natsume will remain a "boy" for a while, the cow blonde girl loves "him" and I guess that joke is gonna be used a lot.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 7, 2013 9:43 AM

Mar 2010
Kodius said:
kazumazero said:

Its good though when an Anime doesn't "exactly" follow the manga. It gives people who read the manga something new to enjoy.

I certainly don't feel this was anything close to horrible as some try to make out to be, but I do think it could have been adapted better. This arc really should have been 3 episodes minimum. That said, the staff did a good job moving things along and covering a lot ground in the timeframe. So it's solid showing.

Hopefully next episode allows for some more even pacing.
Nov 7, 2013 9:55 AM

Oct 2009
LOl now give me Natsume X Kyouko yuri moments! Or it might turn out the promise was made with Harutora instead O.o

Wonder who exactly Touji is hmm...
Nov 7, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2013
The "boy thing" is infuriating. I want to punch someone.
Nov 7, 2013 3:09 PM

Jan 2012
That's not the best episode, for sure. All those funny moments around "boy thing" actually were not funny at all. Action part was pretty mediocre.

Anyway, hope we'll get to see something interesting soon. And Touji should get more screen time!
Nov 7, 2013 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
I have no idea why some people have an issue with trap angle, it's hardly a new thing. If anything it makes the love triangle pretty amusing and adds interesting dynamic to cast and who Natsume interacts with as whole.
Nov 7, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 2012
trampler8324 said:
And Touji should get more screen time!

^ This. So far, the only character I'm interested in.

Jagd84 said:
If anything it makes the love triangle pretty amusing and adds interesting dynamic to cast and who Natsume interacts with as whole.

What if I didn't care about any love triangle? lol
Nov 7, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
Well... that could have been adapted better. I have less qualms about it than an anime only viewer since I've read the raws but well that's just me. And yeah the reverse trap thing was expected. I also cringed a little when this happened in the novels but what can we do? The misunderstanding doesn't last too long (thankfully) but yeah.

And for those willing to stick w/ Tokyo Ravens for the long haul I give you a small disclaimer:

Nov 7, 2013 9:00 PM

Jun 2009
NeoAnkara said:
Touji keep becoming my favorite in this anime for me with his trolling.

this ^ lol. "Does it bother you?"
Nov 7, 2013 9:29 PM

Mar 2010
mayukachan said:

What if I didn't care about any love triangle? lol

Well at that point it's just preference thing. Nothing wrong it in itself and it's certainly better than another harem.
Iron_MawNov 7, 2013 9:45 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.