Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 5, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, that didn't go that well. Poor Natsume ;.;

I'm glad they were able to take down this guy though: http://i.imgur.com/82WnVrQ.png
Nice dragon :3

Oh and I think Bakatora's got some new competition.
Stark700Nov 5, 2013 2:33 PM
Nov 5, 2013 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
That escalated fast, they didn't even show Harutora's outburst. That yako devotee guy was really creepy.
Nov 5, 2013 11:01 AM
Dec 2012
They put an unexpectedly quick end to the match between Kyoko's familiars and Harutora/Kon.

Looked like Harutora finally remembered Kyoko of childhood at the end. Seems like Kyoko confuses Natsume with Harutora. It's unconvincing Kyoko thinks Natsume is male due to the char design (esp. eyes and rouged cheeks) and the voice. It would've been less unconvincing if Natsume had looked/sounded like Touma of WA 2 or Ryuunosuke of Sakurasou.
Nov 5, 2013 11:42 AM
Jan 2011
I never get it as to why Natsume has to pretend to be a boy.
Nov 5, 2013 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
Well that sure was an anti-clamatic battle at the start -_- Too bad. I wanted more fighting. Oh well at least it was made up for with the fight against the demon.

The Yako guy was creepy ~_~

The ep felt quite rushed too. But well it wasn't bad.

Good to see Harutora have a weapon now.

I want to know more about Touji! He seems to be the know it all type and he's BA ^^

All dem misunderstandings <_<

I wonder when they'll find out about Natsume?

Lol'd at the part after the credits XD...Kon was kawaiii <3...But then got eaten T_T
Nov 5, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
Hmmm. It seems they are a hurry here to reach a certain point.

Now I can totally understand why have KanaHana as Natsume.
Nov 5, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2011
Well they've caught up to where I've read in the manga, everything will be new to me from here on in. Good episode though.
Nov 5, 2013 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
It was nice seeing everyone fight together against that Yakou devotee guy.
It seems like we're going to see more of Kyouko and Tenma after this episode.

So I guess Kyouko mistook Harutora for Natsume in the past.
I wonder how Kyouko is going to react if she finds out Natsume is a girl, and that it was Harutora who made the promise to her back then.
Nov 5, 2013 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
It's always fun when characters find out other characters aren't the gender they thought they were, can't wait for the episode when Kyouko finds out Natsume is a girl. My prediction is that she'll sick her familiars on Harutora because she was embarrassed that he knew she fell for another girl.

Does anyone else think Toji is going to be way more badass than he seems? I mean he claims to be a complete novice so why else would the school accept him since the only reason Harutora got in was because he is a Tsuchimikado and Natsume's familiar. I'm waiting to see him do something ridiculously awesome out of nowhere.
Nov 5, 2013 12:56 PM

Apr 2010
Thread cleaned

Don't post unless you have seen the episode, and don't ask for subs.
Nov 5, 2013 12:56 PM
Jun 2010
JoksPacifist said:
Hmmm. It seems they are a hurry here to reach a certain point.

Now I can totally understand why have KanaHana as Natsume.

It definitely felt rush, and poorly executed. Even if I were to not read the other medium, I will still be able to notice it being rush. The obvious moment in this episode was when it went from Natsume outburst to Harutora being scrolled by Kyouko, really felt out of place and forced.

Of course I had the same feeling with the previous episodes as well.
Nov 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
Nasty001 said:
I never get it as to why Natsume has to pretend to be a boy.

It's the Tsuchimikado family tradition or something. Poor Kyouko, the one you met in your childhood is Harutora not Natsume. How long before she realises it I wonder.
Nov 5, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2013
Seems like everything was hashed out between Harutora and Kurahashi. Also seems like the promise was made between them two as well.
Nov 5, 2013 2:30 PM
Jul 2013
Since it was revealed that Tokyo Ravens will be 2-cour (FUCK YES!!!!), I hope that they won't rush the story anymore.

With that said, I like Hokuto's design though, kewl dragon. Never bores me to see him.
And that demon design also, nice.

I hoping for better spells and animation going forward. They better pick up new tricks and shit. They should apply more tactics into this.
Nov 5, 2013 4:04 PM
Apr 2013
Well that felt rushed. But that's what happens when you adapted one LN into two episodes. The battle at the beginning was hardly necessary, no?
And let me get this straight. Harutora was too dense to figure out who "Hokuto" really was, but not to figure out the less obvious fact that Kuruhashi was making up with him to try to get to Natsume.
Nov 5, 2013 4:06 PM
Jul 2013
MCAL said:

And let me get this straight. Harutora was too dense to figure out who "Hokuto" really was, but not to figure out the less obvious fact that Kuruhashi was making up with him to try to get to Natsume.

Logicz, Logicz, man.
Nov 5, 2013 4:24 PM

May 2012
Wait... They actually believe Natsume is a boy? I thought they were just saying "he" and "guy" out of respect to the tradition. This doesn't make any sense at all.
Nov 5, 2013 4:33 PM

Mar 2012
Touji keep becoming my favorite in this anime for me with his trolling.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 5, 2013 4:34 PM

Feb 2012
Ryugen said:
Wait... They actually believe Natsume is a boy? I thought they were just saying "he" and "guy" out of respect to the tradition. This doesn't make any sense at all.
exactly what I'm thinking.
Nov 5, 2013 4:39 PM

Nov 2012
LOL! I cant believe it that kurahashi think if natsume is a boy lol.. and she like him lol
And.. the teacher is not a magic investigator :O damn really suprising.. and that demon.. what was the name?? Kakugyouki lol
When hokuto the dragon out. Damn the demon got eaten in the head .. lol kind of funny I think..

btw kon is really cute in this episode damn really want to hug him. toyosaki ai is the best :D

and in then kyaa.. kon got eaten by the demon lol
Nov 5, 2013 4:59 PM

Mar 2013
All that talk about how Natsume is a guy really freaked me out...well more like confused.
Nov 5, 2013 4:59 PM

Mar 2010
Yep, they did literally just run through vol 2 with a truck. That said, if you haven't read the LN/Manga then this isn't really an issue and still a good episode.

Ryugen said:

Traps are not a new thing. There are man who if feminine enough can pass for women especially in anime (like Haku, Hideyoshi etc) It's not hard to believe at all. They just she her as bishounen.
Iron_MawNov 5, 2013 5:03 PM
Nov 5, 2013 5:23 PM

Nov 2010
Ummm, they didn't add in Harutora's outburst at Natsume? And they skipped many parts for some reason. Kinda disappointed...
Nov 5, 2013 5:38 PM

Nov 2012
Can't pinpoint exactly what it was, but I felt like I was facepalming the entire episode.
Nov 5, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
Rush episode but still cover the main plot point .=.= pretty solid . I hope they will include to show how badass Ohtomo-sensei .
Ignis_ScientiaNov 5, 2013 5:47 PM
Nov 5, 2013 6:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
LiquidGold said:
Ryugen said:

Well I knew that the characters do believe that Natsume is a guy, though I'm not sure how it's not obvious that Natsume isn't a boy. Especially how her chest size is at least a little noticeable. But that was funny how Kurahashi believed Touji that Natsume and Harutora have a "intimate" relationship.

Not that I've read the source material(s), but it did feel rushed. But nice teamwork in that fight scene. Glad everyone's friends with each other now. Tenma is a cute character too :)
Nov 5, 2013 6:27 PM
Jul 2013
Why Natsume pretends to be a boy?

The battle against the demon was very quick and simple.
Nov 5, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 2013
LiquidGold said:
Ryugen said:

Wafu_ said:
All that talk about how Natsume is a guy really freaked me out...well more like confused.
Apology said:
Why Natsume pretends to be a boy?

I already explained before. As a family tradition, she has to present herself as male in front of other onmyoji families.
Nov 5, 2013 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
Yo Natsume is a girl right because i am sitting here watching and they say (he is a boy .we are boys. i am a boy) and i was like wait wait what WTF is this
"Happiness is like glass. It may be all around you, yet be invisible. But if you change your angle of viewing a little, then it will reflect light more beautifully than any other object around you."
Nov 5, 2013 6:38 PM

Mar 2011
Wow... Super rushed -.-

Natsume is acting as a boy bec. of family tradition... or dats what they thought
She is acting as a boyto protect harutora ....
You should know by now why after watching this episode...it's really rushed though ;c

And as far as I remember only haru and touji(and some tsuchimikado) knows about it... Even the staff of the school knows nothing about the act

Nov 5, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2011
This for me was the first bad episode they really really rushed things here and they ended up cutting out a lot of things and even meshing some scenes together which just ruined the episode for me.

Also what the hell were they doing with the Yakou devotee? They turned up the freak dial way to high and he just came off as a hammy retard they also cut out a scene with him after the fight as well. They keep skipping key scenes ever since they got to school and it is really starting to hurt.

I can only hope they slow down the pace soon because this is meant to be 24 episodes i see no reason for it to be this rushed. I will continue to watch either way since the novel is not in English and the anime will go further than the manga is translated but i can not help but be quite disappointed since they reached school.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Nov 5, 2013 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
Dat Rock, paper, scissors, though.
Nov 5, 2013 7:02 PM

Mar 2012
After watching this episode we start to realize Harutora's not the only person with a potential harem here. Look at Kyouko being smitten with Natsume! The pace of this episode is pretty fast and I can tell they skipped a lot of content, but still it's going well and the characterization isn't bad either. At least now we understand why Natsume seems so obsessed with Harutora -- after all, he's been the only support she can draw on for her entire life when she has all the expectations on her. Now if Harutora can understand how she feels...

Who am I kidding. I'm watching this series to see how the romance between Kyouko and Natsume blossom. Funny though how Kyouko really should be liking Harutora judging from Harutora's brief flashback.
zannettNov 5, 2013 7:06 PM
Nov 5, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2010
So, Kyouko's childhood friend was Harutora all along? Interesting, I bet it won't take much longer before Kyouko fall for Harutora then.

Xinception said:
MCAL said:

Logicz, Logicz, man.

^THIS.
Nov 5, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
They still think Natsume is a guy.... and I'm pretty sure that blondie girl had this promise with Harutora..coz of the 1-second flashback and I remember Harutora is the real leader-to-be of the Tsuchimikado family but he's had issues..
Nov 5, 2013 7:54 PM

Nov 2012
I find it so hard to understand that some of them actually believe that Natsume is a boy. That makes the whole misunderstanding not as funny as it should be.
Also, I wonder if Harutora had the same hair color and style of Natsume when he met Kyouko, so that way it would make a little sense why she is confuse.

On the other hand, I love Kon, she is the main reason I am watching this series. She is hilarious.
Nov 5, 2013 7:56 PM

Sep 2011
SanDavid said:
Ummm, they didn't add in Harutora's outburst at Natsume? And they skipped many parts for some reason. Kinda disappointed...

Yeah same here I loved in the manga when told her to quit her shit and stop acting all high and mighty. They also cut the fight scene.. wtf so much rushing going on.
Nov 5, 2013 8:01 PM

Apr 2011
Kon is cute and the girls love her. Natsume is too uptight in their tradition, being to strict to Harutora and lonely all the time even thought I understand why.

Too bad Harutora lost against her in the match. I don't know what eyes they have but they're convince that she's a boy. I'm curious about Harutora's flashback about Kurahashi. I feel like I wanna ship Harutora x Kyouka for some reason.

Full OP is out, and It rocks!
Nov 5, 2013 8:02 PM

Sep 2012
"Does it bother you?"

I did not get the feeling that it was rushed at all. I think this episode was executed very well and was well rounded for the pace it's been taking already.

Kon is absolutely adorable. she needs to whoop some more ass though! ...can't wait for that episode.

nice to see the class getting along w/Harutora and a little back story about the families.

did I miss something or was it strange for Tōji Ato to pick up the seal? I really like the guy thus far but he keeps that mysterious persona very well.

check out those Anti-Spirals helping to move Natsume's belongings into her new room! LOL

...edit.

and jesus fucking christ w/the Natsume being a boy comments. you all sound like certified Nubs(noobs), where has everyone been? it's family tradition, that's why she pretends to be a boy because she should have been a male descendant and HAVE NONE OF YOU WATCHED: [IS] - INFINITE STRATOS S1?!?!?! Charl??? anyone??? -.- le sigh

...edit.

oh! and that new opening is pretty cool.

...edit.

comparing to the manga never does anyone any good. if you think it's rushed because they skipped things from the manga, that's irrelevant. we're watching the ANIME ADAPTATION. other than that, I could argue the same but opposite point about other extremely popular anime adding stuff that was not in the manga and spanning it out for episode upon episode of just wide eyed, opened mouthed horse riding soldiers.
Compl3teNov 5, 2013 8:25 PM
Nov 5, 2013 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Kon is adorable as usual. Not a lot of Kon this episode though but she's like the single bright spot in this week's super rushed episode.

Ah well...I'm just going to watch the anime and pretend I don't know about the LN and manga.

With all this rushing though, I'm kind of worried how they're going to fill the 24 episodes. I haven't read far into the story and maybe there's a lot more stuff that'll happen but...why are they rushing :/ Hope they don't do pointless fillers.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 5, 2013 8:48 PM

Nov 2007
Poor Kurahashi totally mistook Natsume for Harutora.

Of all the characters, it seems Touji is the only one who is reasonable, even though he's such a troll. I thought he would keep that up with only Natsume, but he is now trolling Kurahashi too.

First half was very mediocre. The third quarter of the episode, supposedly action packed, was utter rubbish. And then the final quarter in the dorm was actually pretty good. I hope this anime doesn't swing with its quality within the episode, let alone the series as it did in this episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 5, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2010
Akanezora said:
So, Kyouko's childhood friend was Harutora all along? Interesting, I bet it won't take much longer before Kyouko fall for Harutora then.

Xinception said:
MCAL said:

Logicz, Logicz, man.

^THIS.

Harutora is actually a pretty perspective person when he's dealing with stuff outside the areas of romance. Furthermore a lot if has to due with the fact he views Natsume and Hokuto completely differently.
Nov 5, 2013 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
MCAL said:

Harutora is dense for not being able to figure out that Natsume likes him, but the case of making that connection from Hokuto to Natsume is a little more complicated. After all, before he convinces himself of that connection, he has to come to terms with a couple of things: 1) Natsume has been in love with him ever since who knows when and 2) has become so obsessed with him that she's sent a shikigami to spy on him for the past couple of years -- not to mention 3) whatever he feels toward Hokuto essentially has to be transferred to Natsume.

Now, I don't know about everyone else, but that seems like a pretty big leap of faith to make. Given that he doesn't know Natsume likes him, it's even a bigger leap...
Nov 5, 2013 9:24 PM

Apr 2011
So that last flashback

I think we all know what it meant

about that promise

it's obviously not Natsume who made that promise, but the MC
Nov 5, 2013 10:42 PM

Nov 2008
seems Kurahashi has mistaken Natsume or our Harutora ,, maybe based off of family name... because they dont look alike at all haha.

tezann_t said:
MCAL said:

Harutora is dense for not being able to figure out that Natsume likes him, but the case of making that connection from Hokuto to Natsume is a little more complicated. After all, before he convinces himself of that connection, he has to come to terms with a couple of things: 1) Natsume has been in love with him ever since who knows when and 2) has become so obsessed with him that she's sent a shikigami to spy on him for the past couple of years -- not to mention 3) whatever he feels toward Hokuto essentially has to be transferred to Natsume.

Now, I don't know about everyone else, but that seems like a pretty big leap of faith to make. Given that he doesn't know Natsume likes him, it's even a bigger leap...

Well Its likely not that big a leap if you look at it from the perspective that they are the same.. that is her true personality. and he likely knows what she was like before she went away... I think if he thought about it a bit more.. he could probably fit the pieces of the puzzle together..

Does anyone know if he has figured it out yet in the novels?
Nov 5, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Well, fairly standard episode.
Now much to say on it.
Nov 5, 2013 10:50 PM
Aug 2011
I'm never sure what I think about this series. Most of what I feel is indifference though.
Like everything is just borderline okay.
Nov 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Mar 2010
sirwence said:
seems Kurahashi has mistaken Natsume or our Harutora ,, maybe based off of family name... because they dont look alike at all haha.

tezann_t said:
MCAL said:

Well Its likely not that big a leap if you look at it from the perspective that they are the same.. that is her true personality. and he likely knows what she was like before she went away... I think if he thought about it a bit more.. he could probably fit the pieces of the puzzle together..

Does anyone know if he has figured it out yet in the novels?

Without giving any spoilers of when, yes. That said with all other stuff he's dealing with at the present, it's not going to come up for awhile.
Nov 5, 2013 11:19 PM

May 2012
00:57 daydreaming FTW

02:19 dat lolilick

17:41 run Beeburr run

20:34 Springtiger can bang her 24/7 now

Hmmm... 6.5/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 5, 2013 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
In previous eps, Natsume (if I remember) did mention why she needs to dress as a boy.

Harutora and Natsume look alike when they were kids...? Probably the dear girl could only remember the surname and a boy. Or Harutora was supposed to be the heir actually.

The fight this ep was rather swift and short. Not satisfying and it was hilarious that Harutora held the tied-up Natsume when she called out the dragon. LOL
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.