Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beaaaach.

Fun in the sun! This episode was relaxing to me. I wish I was at the beach right now though ;.; The girls looked cute in their swimsuits imo :p She should cheer up a little though: http://i.imgur.com/YdXGuN4.png

That last scene was priceless though lol.
Nov 4, 2013 10:07 AM
Dec 2012
Heartwarming and unexpectedly hilarious. Best comedy of the season. Poor Komari, Hotaru is surely grown up for her age. I wondered if she had been kidnapped, but the truth was...lol Also I wondered if it was their bro sitting on a bench of the railway station, but he had been already on the train, yet someone was missing....it was....lol
Nov 4, 2013 10:24 AM

Sep 2012
Something doesn't seem right with Hotaru's bust size....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2013 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:

Yeah I was feeling Ro-Kyu-Bu vibes from that, she looks too sexy in the bust to be a 5th grader and can pass as 15-18.

Komari can't get a break, especially near the end where she got her ramen swapped by Natsumi when she accidentally put spices in it. Natsumi's face when eating the rest of the ramen was hilarious.

Nov 4, 2013 11:40 AM

Mar 2012
Being Koma-chan Komari is suffering.
Nov 4, 2013 1:25 PM

Dec 2011
Ren-chon doing completely different exercises to everyone else.

Crazy lag at the moment. Taken 15 mins to reach the end of the OP

Carrying the tomatoes together. lol. Nice excuse for holding your senpai's hand, eh Hotaru?

Thats a big breakfast.

Arggg I give up for now. Even Non Non Biyori doesn't have the power to overcome the frustration of having to reload the page ten times a minute in order to keep watching.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 4, 2013 1:38 PM

May 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Ren-chon doing completely different exercises to everyone else.

Crazy lag at the moment. Taken 15 mins to reach the end of the OP

Carrying the tomatoes together. lol. Nice excuse for holding your senpai's hand, eh Hotaru?

Thats a big breakfast.

Arggg I give up for now. Even Non Non Biyori doesn't have the power to overcome the frustration of having to reload the page ten times a minute in order to keep watching.

Persevere! It's worth it!!

And, lol, Hotarun's always got an ulterior motive

Loved it~

Natsumi deserved that. And, lol, I thought they went to the wrong train, but then it turned out they left Kazuho xD

Poor Hotarun, she missed a chance to see her senpai in a swimsuit because her senpai's mom was being too frugal.

So many hilarious things happened this episode xD
Nov 4, 2013 1:42 PM

May 2013
Great episode; nice beach episode (and swimsuits especially Komari's one)

That non-manned convenient store was interesting, wouldn't be surprised if someone took an item without paying.

Komari's sufferings in this episode were hilarious - being short, getting "lost" at the beach, and the ramen incident.
Nov 4, 2013 1:56 PM

Dec 2011
Started working again thankfully. So, to continue...

"Munch, munch, munch, munch, non." Ren-chon forever.

Kazuho getting suspicious about Hotarun's age. I can see why.

Ren chon has a powerful hit.

Hunt the Koma-chan-senpai gets increasingly ridiculous. She may be small but she's not going to fit inside the thing in the vending machines where drinks come out.

And Suguru gets the most attention of his entire life after being left buried in the sand.

I knew someone would miss the train.

Those stares at the end...

Classiick said:

That non-manned convenient store was interesting, wouldn't be surprised if someone took an item without paying.

In small communities, the rate of non-payment in honour based payment systems tends to be extremely low, as chances are you would personally know the store owner and see them regularly, and thus have to be constantly living with the shame of knowing you took from them without paying.

Got to feel sorry for Komari. She always seems to come off worst from everything.

Mod Edit: combined double post
rodacNov 4, 2013 9:57 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 4, 2013 2:07 PM

Apr 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:
Hunt the Koma-chan-senpai gets increasingly ridiculous. She may be small but she's not going to fit inside the thing in the vending machines where drinks come out.

Hotarun is just 11.

"There's no such thing as a coma. He is surly previewing the afterlife." by
Nov 4, 2013 2:33 PM

Dec 2011
Incidentally, do you really need to change trains that much in Japan? Here in the UK I don't think there's anywhere with a station that's more than 2 changes away from the coast - although of course there's no guarantee that fewest changes means either quickest or best to go to. This episode gave the impression that they had changed trains maybe four or five times or more.
Nov 4, 2013 2:41 PM
Jul 2013
Mmmm Beach episode...

I like that the brother goes along with the silliness xD

And Hotarun panicking xD
Nov 4, 2013 2:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kdanni said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Hotarun is just 11.

My little brother is 7 and I cannot imagine him to be that desperate to be looking for someone inside a vending machine. Honestly by age 11, people should have developed enough common sense that this shouldn't happen...

But anyways, poor brother being stuck in the sand like that. And even when they came off the train, I guess he went out a different door from the rest of the group. I also thought he would be the one left behind when I saw the legs of a person sitting on the bench...but nope, it was Renge's sister! Nice little twist. And I love how Renge was watching the fly instead of staring at Natsumi, that was hilarious.
Nov 4, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
Every new episode makes me love Ren-chon more and more.REN-CHON BANZAI (/^▽^)/
Also, Hotarun is hilarious.
Nov 4, 2013 3:24 PM

May 2013
Komari being at the lost and found was funny, and Hotaru panicking about Komari missing was funny too.
Nov 4, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
Natsumi is the highlight of this series for me. She's way too funny.

I lost it when Natsumi and Ren made that sand mask over her brother's face. They just left him there lol

The part where Natsumi switched bowls with Komari was great. Lol at Komari's reaction when she took the first bite. Natsumi's attempt to finish the ramen was hilarious. She went through the pain of eating all that spice when Ren wasn't even staring at her haha
Nov 4, 2013 4:13 PM

May 2012
Funny episode. Hard to believe Hotaru is just a fifth grader.

Dat last scene had me rolling.
Nov 4, 2013 4:23 PM

Mar 2013
symbv said:

Maybe she's related to Misaki Shokuhou
Nov 4, 2013 4:38 PM
Oct 2010
Ren-chon face was great when looking at the bug, it sent Natsume into a heavy guilt trip. XD

"Don't thank me, it makes my heart hurt" XD

And lol, Komari fits perfectly on a 5th grader's swimsuit. That's how Hotaru should look like, going by her age. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 4, 2013 5:05 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was so full of laughs. I think the only mildly mundane part was the pleasant breakfast. The noodles scene was an absolute classic and the fact that Natsume interprets Renge's staring as an accusation when she's really watching a bug buzzing the light had me in stitches.

I liked that the vegetable stand was based on an honor system. Too bad something like that would no longer work here in the States. Selfish people would strip it bare and not leave money.
Nov 4, 2013 5:16 PM

Jul 2011
symbv said:

This... she's not really a 5th grader, is she? She's deceiving everyone!!

On another note, loved the vegetable stand. Can't believe they wasted all that food at the station though!! Can't they take it to go or something?

Also, getting mistaken for a lost child was priceless. XD
Nov 4, 2013 5:36 PM

Feb 2013
まったく小学生は最高だぜ http://i.imgur.com/ZxEGCmV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aLE9dbz.jpg

This show makes Mondays a good day
Nov 4, 2013 6:10 PM
Jul 2013

Non Non Biyori, you never fail to amaze me :3.
Nov 4, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2012
why is a show like this which i only had a slight interest in before it aired so unbelievably good? seriously

tingy said:
My little brother is 7 and I cannot imagine him to be that desperate to be looking for someone inside a vending machine. Honestly by age 11, people should have developed enough common sense that this shouldn't happen...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlayedForLaughs

these episodes still haven't ceased to maintain the quality episode 1 set
easily my AOTS
Nov 4, 2013 6:53 PM

Jul 2013
Non Non Biyori just made my Mondays a lot better :D

Lol a misunderstanding when Komari was a lost child XD. Some hot stuff coming from Komari and Natsumi eating their soup though. All the characters in here are pretty much likable now.

Nov 4, 2013 7:16 PM

May 2013
symbv said:

No doubt Hotarun is related to everybodies favorite cyclops, no doubt as time goes on she start to get bigger and bigger and therefore senpai will look cuter and cuter and hotarun will start to sound like that waiter from wagnaria :)
Nov 4, 2013 7:26 PM

May 2012
Komari-chan got so bullied this episode, I hope she gets the development she needs to come out of this show with some confidence. Great episode though.
Nov 4, 2013 9:07 PM

Jul 2012
Renge acting cute, as usual.
Renge wearing a cute swim suit, priceless.

Renge is as adorable as always, that is why I love this anime~! > W<

She's so adorable! xD
Nov 4, 2013 9:08 PM

Jan 2013
Another perfect and adorable episode.
Especially the ending
Nov 4, 2013 9:24 PM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Incidentally, do you really need to change trains that much in Japan?
If you live in countryside and there is only local train service it is possible. You may need to change from a local train to an express train on the same line, then change to another line etc etc. It can take a few changes but one thing I truly love trains in Japan is how punctual it is - yes it runs down to the minute even for station in some remote countryside.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2013 9:52 PM

Apr 2012
Too bad this will only be a short anime. I could watch it every week :/
Nov 4, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
Another awesome episode! So I guess those honesty stores aren't that unusual in rural areas? I know of one here in my country that uses that same system. They just put a price on everything and leave it unmanned. I think they said they never had anything stolen, instead they actually had money in excess since they can't give the change to their customers :P

Didn't think I'd laugh so hard when Kazu-chan covered Komari's eyes when they saw Hotarun in her swimsuit.

Komari taken to the lost children section and Natsumi calling her 'Maigo-chan' was really funny.

The noodle shop owner asking if they only needed one child's chair and Komari taking it to heart was like "yeah Koma-chan, I think he means you" XD!

And Hotarun picking up Komari was soo cute ^^

Ren-chon's gaze made Nattsun guilty. "There's a bug flying by the light." LMAO

I wonder if we'll ever hear their brother talk haha.

Ahh...now I know why I find Ren-chon's face really cute. Her mouth reminds me of the infamous teardrop-mouth from Minami-ke.
xcheeNov 4, 2013 10:33 PM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 4, 2013 11:12 PM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
When I was in grade school I remember a girl in 6th grade with double D's already.. So I guess its not too far fetched. Too many hormones in the city food I guess.

I love this show, my surprise fav of the season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2013 11:35 PM

Aug 2010
Such a fun episode :D

Really poor Komari :*(...She suffers too much. Lol at them thinking she's lost and her reaction to Hotaru XD...Holy shit that's a 5th grader??? O_O

Lol'd at their brother becoming a freak show XD

Ren was adorable as usual. Natsume thinking she saw her with the spice thing was so lol XD

Anyway another enjoyable ep ^^
Nov 4, 2013 11:57 PM

Jan 2011
show is making it impossible to not like Ren and Komari

ending was great Irony of it being the teacher that got left behind and not the brother.
Nov 5, 2013 12:09 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Look up Saaya Irie at age 11 and you'll see that they do exist.
Nov 5, 2013 1:38 AM

Dec 2011
Some people do mature earlier than others, it's true. Maybe Komari is just a really, really late bloomer.
Nov 5, 2013 2:12 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:

Some girls grows up fast do they...

An example is Mimi Usa from Kodomo no Jikan. She has a large bust and she's freaking ten!
MagitoNov 5, 2013 2:20 AM
Nov 5, 2013 2:39 AM

Jul 2013
kuuurt said:

DOUJINS WHEN

I NEED

MY YURI DOUJINS

OF HOTARU

Good. I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Loved this episode.
Nov 5, 2013 2:41 AM

Oct 2012
I looked very, very closely at Hotaru's chest development in Chapter 12 of the
manga and it matches the anime. It is refreshing that the anime director did not
kick the fan service up a notch. Yes, it is biologically possible that a girl at that
age can be so well developed. Note also that she is unusually tall for her age.

One very minor difference between the anime and the manga has to do with the
roadside honor system vegetable stand. In the anime, there is a locked wooden
box with a small slot for coins to be inserted. In the manga, it is simply a cup!
That requires quite a lot of honesty from the locals. But in fact the cup makes
some sense since it permits people to make change. What if you only have a
500 yen coin, for example? Or what if you want a refund?

At this point, the anime is following the manga very closely. This episode covered
Chapters 11, 12 and 13 in the manga. Being faithful to the content of the manga
is one thing, but getting the pacing right is an additional challenge. I think that
the director Shinya Kawamo ( 川面真也 ) is doing an outstanding job.
okanaganNov 5, 2013 3:16 AM
Nov 5, 2013 4:23 AM

Nov 2010
Hahaha .. that brother in the sand.
loved the Hotaru panics.
and Komari was great in that swimsuit , idk why she was crying over Natsume seeing her?
Nov 5, 2013 4:41 AM

Dec 2011
hgeronimo said:

and Komari was great in that swimsuit , idk why she was crying over Natsume seeing her?

Because, as the episode title suggests, she'd been pretending to have lost it because she was so embarrassed about the fact that her swimsuit from 3 years ago still fit her - especially given that it had her school year from the time on a label stuck to the front. And she'd been unable to go into the sea (which she had wanted to do) as a result.
And then her sister walks in to see that she'd been wearing it under her clothes the whole time...
Nov 5, 2013 4:57 AM

Apr 2011
okanagan said:
I looked very, very closely at Hotaru's chest development in Chapter 12 of the
manga and it matches the anime. It is refreshing that the anime director did not
kick the fan service up a notch. Yes, it is biologically possible that a girl at that
age can be so well developed. Note also that she is unusually tall for her age.

One very minor difference between the anime and the manga has to do with the
roadside honor system vegetable stand. In the anime, there is a locked wooden
box with a small slot for coins to be inserted. In the manga, it is simply a cup!
That requires quite a lot of honesty from the locals. But in fact the cup makes
some sense since it permits people to make change. What if you only have a
500 yen coin, for example? Or what if you want a refund?

At this point, the anime is following the manga very closely. This episode covered
Chapters 11, 12 and 13 in the manga. Being faithful to the content of the manga
is one thing, but getting the pacing right is an additional challenge. I think that
the director Shinya Kawamo ( 川面真也 ) is doing an outstanding job.

What if someone steal a vegetable? It's tempting to get one and not pay.

The mother made a good choice not to buy Komarichan a new swimsuit because it still looks good on her. Then again, if she wears that on the beach, some lolicon will kidnap her since she's easy to carry. lol
Nov 5, 2013 5:16 AM

Nov 2012
MOCCHOROKE DANCING!
lol, renges definitely the best character in this series.

so, a beach episode. poor koma-chan, always being mistaken for a little kid :<
and also the brother in the sand lol
Nov 5, 2013 5:24 AM

Apr 2009
LOL at Ren-chan watching the bug instead of Natsumi switching the ramen bowls
Nov 5, 2013 9:36 AM

Jul 2010
AiCon said:
symbv said:
Look up Saaya Irie at age 11 and you'll see that they do exist.

W-wow.
Nov 5, 2013 9:59 AM
Feb 2012
This was such a funny episode.

I had quite low expectations of Non Non Biyori but I'm really glad I picked it up. =)
Nov 5, 2013 10:19 AM

May 2013
Magito said:
What if someone steal a vegetable? It's tempting to get one and not pay.

You do realize if you said that to the locals they would think you are an E.T. and say "why?"

if she wears that on the beach, some lolicon will kidnap her since she's easy to carry. lol

Was I the only one that when Hotarun said "she is so light someone might take her" tought that SHE had already thought about it? Then when running to get the last train home she confirmed her suspicions (also, Hotarun is physically in darn good shape). So we should not surprised if someday she lets her instincts take over and sweep Komari in her arms and take her someplace to cuddle her cute senpai at her heart contempt :3 I mean, that doll is only a replacement for the real thing.
Nov 5, 2013 10:27 AM

Dec 2011
mangamuscle said:

Was I the only one that when Hotarun said "she is so light someone might take her" tought that SHE had already thought about it?

I hadn't thought about that, but you're probably right. Not that I think Hotaru is the sort of person who actually would kidnap her senpai. She's far too subtle in her tactics for something like that.
Nov 5, 2013 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
Silly Koma-chan... don't you know that Sukumizu is GOD TIER?

All that Komarin bashing this episode.... makes me want to give her a hug.

Also, when I heard that Hotarun is a 5th grader and thus a JS....

Mind =Blown

I mean, that body...

Speaking of Hotarun, first she got to "hold hands" with her beloved sempai and then in die end, she even got to carry her. Bet she was in heaven.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

263 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

234 by bassyey »»
Mar 2, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

192 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

261 by edudddu »»
Jan 11, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

157 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 11, 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.