Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2013 11:34 PM

Sep 2011
Still snoring my way through this, but don't worry! It seems an "unexpected" illness is coming.
Nov 6, 2013 11:37 PM
Nov 2010
symbv said:
This is that woman's house

LOL !!

Who would have thought a White Album2 parody will make its way to the official franchise of White Album2 as a password (and teaching material) in the anime??

LOL

Hmmm... mind telling me what parody you're talking about?
Nov 7, 2013 12:49 AM
Dec 2012
So far I'm very impressed with how well everything is being presented. At the start of the episode particularly, you can see how upset Setsuna is, and what it feels like to her without ever feeling exaggerated or over the top. The realism here is amazing and I can't wait to see how things play out when we get to some heavier drama, be it this season or the next (I'm assuming we will have more drama at least.)
Nov 7, 2013 1:50 AM

Aug 2012
jindo90 said:
symbv said:
This is that woman's house

LOL !!

Who would have thought a White Album2 parody will make its way to the official franchise of White Album2 as a password (and teaching material) in the anime??

LOL

Hmmm... mind telling me what parody you're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY0VpyD0CR8

Courtesy of UTW's website. A reference to the first WA.
Nov 7, 2013 5:09 AM

Sep 2008
Another great episode. Too bad their friendship wont be lasting much longer.
Nov 7, 2013 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
watching this certainly reminds me how nice it is to be teenagers in love

DAMN IT I'M OLD!
Nov 7, 2013 10:38 AM

Feb 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY0VpyD0CR8
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 7, 2013 1:16 PM
Dec 2012
Good episode. Glad they could clear that misunderstanding so quickly.
Also dat cliffhanger.
Nov 9, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2010
mayukachan said:
Really good cinematography and directing in the beginning when they were talking on the bridge. If only Nodame Cantabile had this animation and top notch quality... Also, phone scene was nice. Still, Setsuna reminds me of Orihime (Bleach) so much but a bit different in terms of pushiness.

super agree. Besides from awesome writing and characters...the cinematography I feel is the best trait of wa2. It really sets the tone and captures the mood. Reminds me of moods that wong kar wais films capture
Nov 12, 2013 12:28 PM

Jan 2011
Plot twists oh noes.
I have trouble focussing on this for some reason... Maybe the pace is a bit too slow for my liking.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 18, 2013 9:55 PM

Jan 2012
I love how their phone conversation wasn't predictable. Meaning... When she said the bit about her jealousy.... There was no oblivious answer that an anime male protagonist is prone to "What?" "Oh it's nothing".... Etc etc.
Dec 30, 2013 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
hyperfire said:
clannadkanon said:
Anyone knows if this one will have 2 seasons? Because I really think 13 episodes won't be enough to fit at least one end route in WA2: closing chapter.

Good episode as always by the way!

It's only going to be the Introductory Route for the reason you said.
Cant wait as it pales in comparison to Closing Chapter and Coda. That's where the masterful writing was in the VN.

Yes! Can't wait
Dec 31, 2013 1:33 AM
Apr 2011
Enjoyable episode, really thought that Ogiso would really get more angry than depressed, but I liked how she actually had a mature conversation with Kita and were able to even get closer because of this entire situation.

It doesn't make me happy to see Touma faint like that, hopefully this is nothing serious...
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 13, 2014 9:28 PM
Feb 2012
Does anyone know the name of the song they were playing in the beginning of the episode when Touma stopped them?
Jan 30, 2014 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, that ending.

Also, it just struck me now but in the end, one of the two girl will have her heart broken :(

Setsuna jalousy and insecurity was adorable. I'm glad that the misunderstood is over, but I guess it will not be the only misunderstanding...

I don't really understand why that partition book is so important for her. I guess we'll know in the future.

The ending before the credit was heartwarming :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 3, 2014 4:05 AM

Apr 2009
oh my! She just collapsed!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2014 5:01 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet episode! Quite liked that outrage :3 Let's see what's next!
Jun 6, 2014 12:09 AM

Jan 2012
I really like that Touma sucks at school. You rarely see that with the female characters, and NEVER with the cool sophisticated talented prodigy ones.
Jun 16, 2014 12:44 AM

Nov 2011
I think I enjoyed that episode a lot less than nearly everyone else here. The toothbrush deal seemed melodramatic to me. Why exactly did Haruki/Touma need to tell her he was sleeping over at Touma's? I mean, I know she has a crush on him, but it really does strike me as jealous and clingy with how she reacted. Sigh. -.-

While I don't care for Haruki's belittling of Setsuna's... incident (much less call it his fault), I am glad he was big enough to overlook it and forgive her. The "Call me Setsuna" thing on the phone was cute... at school it felt more like she was marking her territory, which I didn't like. She tried to get Touma to call her that too, which helped take off the edge, but overall I'm finding myself disliking her character now (whereas I liked it quite a bit before). I hope she has some character development and grows past the clingy stuff.

I didn't care for Touma's incident either, but again, she strikes me as a bittered person. Keep in mind that while I'm criticizing the characters, I'm not condemning them. She really does strike me as a caring person. She's just got some deep crap she needs to deal with, so I guess I can sympathize with her more.

I appreciate Haruki and Setsuna's gesture of goodwill at the end, but does skipping class themselves send the right message? I'm not sure whether that's right or not, so I'll withhold there. They meant well, in any case.

I think it's more a moral values dissonance that turned me off to this episode than anything. Maybe I'm being a bit too sensitive to the drama. Idk. Characterization and technical quality was still top-notch, though. I hope I enjoy the next episode more.
Sep 13, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
i loved that conversation over the phone! but shit, when touma raged on the teacher, i kinda felt bad for her.
Dec 23, 2014 4:08 PM

Nov 2012
The anime has so far continued to impress me with its successive depth for characters and its avoidance on cliched tropes.
Feb 24, 2015 1:59 AM

Jan 2013
Pointless drama created by a pointless misunderstanding by the general thickness of retard characters. How drool.

The only redeeming thing this show can do now is make a character suffer for my growing sadistic tendencies
Apr 12, 2015 2:02 PM

Mar 2014
That promise looks like it's going to turn into something ugly. Also, it seems like the club will have to cope with Touma's illness. Decent episode
Apr 24, 2015 1:35 AM

Feb 2013
That promise. I feel like something is going to happen. Something not good.

I usually never comment on OST but this episode it was really prevalent.

The farther this series goes Setsuna goes down the scale and Touma goes up for me. Setsuna was really possesive this episode. She's start belittling Haruki. Call me by my first name! Even Haruki wasn't comfortale doing that. Her jelousy is getting the best of her.

That ending after the ED. Touma collapsed! Hopefuly she's okay.
Apr 25, 2015 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
The episode did not seem so exhaling during the narration we focused on shaping the link between Setsuna and the protagonist, showing the usual bickering between friends or nearly so, who wants to hear.
I was a bit bored and not even the final minutes I have involved much. Drawings and animations quite sufficient in quality, let's see if the next episode will be more exciting.
Apr 30, 2015 5:28 PM
Jan 2010
I watched 5 episodes. White Album 2 = shit

White Album (both seasons) was much better.
Sep 30, 2015 6:38 PM

Sep 2012
And I just watched Shigatsu wa kimi no uso.......... DAMNIT
Dec 22, 2015 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
No way, please tell me Touma is just really tired and like blacked out in the end from overworking..

May 23, 2016 7:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ominous ending there
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2017 5:49 AM

Aug 2009
wild boner when hearing embarassed setsuna over the phone

kaimax said:
edwd2 said:
What's with all these mean replies here. Don't mind what I said, I was drunk this morning.

Pretty much you reap what you sow there... >_>

one does not simply leave comments while drunk :p
May 4, 2017 7:38 PM

May 2010
Oh noez, will Touma get sick and miss out the concert?! no she won't because we saw her on stage in the very first episode ;_;

Also, Setsuna seems REALLY possesive, with this forced "call me by the first name", getting mad over something pretty small like toothbrush, repeating lines like "let's stay friends forever" after being together for like a week, I mean ugh. I hope she won't get all Kotonoha by the end of this series :|
Dec 1, 2017 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
I was not expecting setsuna to behave like this…I like how the trio is getting together…and suddenly something unexpected happens

Apr 3, 2018 4:55 AM

May 2016
Ogiso is really starting to be annoying I hope she can get over herself, Touma fell ill just when it ended.
Apr 20, 2019 6:41 AM

Aug 2017
IZEROII said:
Continues to be good.

My favorite part was their phone conversation : )

I like this so far. Phone flirting was great. Setsuna for the win
Apr 7, 2023 10:54 AM

May 2018
I love how Setsuna reveals her true personality here, and I like how she already knows how Haruki and Kazusa feel about each other, it's very nice how they handle all the nuances of their relationship, to the point where you can see their intentions purely based on how they act. I love how Kazusa protects Haruki's notebook like it's the most precious treasure of her life, you can see love right there. The promise between Setsuna and Haruki is also a very important aspect of the series, Setsuna knows that she will be left out if she doesn't do anything about their relationship, all she wants is for the three of them to stay together, happily ever after. Well, we all know how that ends, sadly.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jun 11, 2023 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
Damn did Setsuna really have to attack the dude's looks?

Kinda surprised the teacher just let Touma leave, not to mention Kaizaki, one of the school's top students, follow after.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.