Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2013 4:52 AM
Oct 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rin x Komari, anyone? http://puu.sh/56sFD.jpg

Rin was cute during this episode
Nov 2, 2013 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
That drastic change in animation though. Not that it was bad, there was actually more animation.
Now who didn't see that ending coming? xD. New Ost spotted, sounded like higurashi for a second.
Btw people, 7 days....
Nov 2, 2013 4:56 AM

Sep 2012
HOLY FUCKING PLOT TWIST.
I was thoroughly surprised by all of that.
Can't wait for HD+subs.
Nov 2, 2013 4:58 AM

Feb 2012
it ended WAY too quickly T-T but I'm glad they skipped over the practice for the tour and made the tour a montage, anyone who is surprised about that by now really has to rewatch this show -3-

I really liked how it was just the original gang and Komari this episode, but it felt so lonely without noisy girls like Haruka or Kud T-T

that ending, I really loved that scene at the end with Kyousuke, they did it great :D

and is it just me or did the background girls (the 2 bullies, Suginami, that girl who had Mio's lost book) were shown more~ trying to take the place of my Kurugaya :I
Nov 2, 2013 4:59 AM
Oct 2013
wait, does that mean Kyousuke was the one who sent all these letters?
it's pretty likely, but i'm asking to be sure
Nov 2, 2013 5:00 AM

Apr 2012
So they did not use the monogatari-like kyosuke appearing scene from the PV into this episode.
Lots of dialogue in this episode by the way-- and the animation is slightly better than last episode, though still not as good as the first two episodes (Only the last 20 seconds have achieved that level of animation).
By the way that new BGM is quite good. I wonder if it was composed by the person who composed "Scene shifts there" in Rewrite 'cause she is in the credits.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Nov 2, 2013 5:03 AM

Sep 2012
So like, the spinning move Kyousuke did in the PV did not happen lol. Wonder if the other scenes in the PV will be changed too.
Nov 2, 2013 5:05 AM

Sep 2013
Still 2hours for me to be able to watch it, since subs only come out at 4pm on CR.
Nov 2, 2013 5:06 AM

Nov 2011
Seems like it was a bit rushed but I was happy with the kawaii moments. Dialogues was lovely this episode though along with the OST.
Nov 2, 2013 5:07 AM

Feb 2012
egnaro315 said:
So like, the spinning move Kyousuke did in the PV did not happen lol. Wonder if the other scenes in the PV will be changed too.

they kept the Kurugaya scenes from the PV though, right? o-O
Nov 2, 2013 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
smilewolfy said:
egnaro315 said:

they kept the Kurugaya scenes from the PV though, right? o-O

Yeah that is weird. I'm not sure if they are going to re-use the scenes or re-draw them. I have a feeling that if they re-draw them it won't look as good.
Nov 2, 2013 5:10 AM

Dec 2012
2 Hours.. the wait.. the wait.. the..wait...!
>:(.
Nov 2, 2013 5:11 AM

Sep 2013
Any nice RikixRin moments in this episode btw?
Nov 2, 2013 5:33 AM

Dec 2012
DeathDoUsPart said:
Any nice RikixRin moments in this episode btw?

Quite a few. It was a great episode. The ending to the episode in particular reached a new level of 'Oh shit!' for LB. Can't wait to see it subbed!
Nov 2, 2013 5:49 AM

Sep 2012
Just re-watched it and loled at masato's rehearsed answer, that glare lmao. Wish we could've seen him slept with a ruler holding his chin up, that was priceless.
Nov 2, 2013 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
smilewolfy said:
it ended WAY too quickly T-T but I'm glad they skipped over the practice for the tour and made the tour a montage, anyone who is surprised about that by now really has to rewatch this show -3-

I really liked how it was just the original gang and Komari this episode, but it felt so lonely without noisy girls like Haruka or Kud T-T

that ending, I really loved that scene at the end with Kyousuke, they did it great :D

and is it just me or did the background girls (the 2 bullies, Suginami, that girl who had Mio's lost book) were shown more~ trying to take the place of my Kurugaya :I

I see you've adequately adjusted your picture :D
The only thing I didn't like about that ending was when he asked 'I meant, have you found out the secret of the world?' God, how great it would've been if they just had an extreme close-up of his face with just a smile spreading on his face. Instead they just had a shot of him and Riki standing apart from each other normally :( Still an amazing scene none the less.
Nov 2, 2013 5:58 AM

Oct 2013
Is the episode already subbed and can be watched through anime websites?
Nov 2, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2013
-Riptide- said:

ull have to wait until Crunchyroll airs the episode, then Horriblesubs will release the Crunchyroll "Rip" from which you can download @ http://horriblesubs.info/

Give it another 1hour 10min until the subbed version comes out.

Then FFF And Refrain Subs will release there versions of the subs, later in the day.
Nov 2, 2013 6:23 AM

Oct 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
-Riptide- said:

ull have to wait until Crunchyroll airs the episode, then Horriblesubs will release the Crunchyroll "Rip" from which you can download @ http://horriblesubs.info/

Give it another 1hour 10min until the subbed version comes out.

Then FFF And Refrain Subs will release there versions of the subs, later in the day.

Oh ok thanks for the info. I can't wait to watch episode 5. Those 1 hour 10 min seemed like forever. I haven't read the VN so I really don't know whats about to happen.
Nov 2, 2013 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
Nov 2, 2013 7:05 AM

Sep 2011
IchiroEX said:
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Nov 2, 2013 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
OLHearts said:
IchiroEX said:
Ah~ thanks for the clarification!
Nov 2, 2013 7:28 AM

May 2012
Ive never really liked yuri until I noticed Komari X Rin... Holy fuck Komari wants to rape Rin. Someone make it happen.

The secret of the world questioning was amazing... Kyousuke is becoming the asshole he is supppose to be.
Nov 2, 2013 7:31 AM

Sep 2013
Just finished watching episode 5, and all I can say is.. wow.. That end with Riki finding out kyousuke was the one that was sending all those letters, and then he let go of his hand when they were running away :/.. Dem feels.. Next episode! can't wait for that one! Anyway, RikixRin moments were so cute, but as Riki said.. Rin does not know much about love yet, she only likes Riki, cause she does not understand love, Found it very cute when Rin blushed when Riki said "Deepening our love", And though just felt bad for Rin when Riki called her a coward and everything :/ Hopefully Rin will get to understand Love in the next upcoming episodes, they do indeed make a great couple :3.

Rating: 5/5
Nov 2, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2008
OH MY!
Great episode!
I want see next episode ASAP!
Nov 2, 2013 7:36 AM

Sep 2013
Btw, you know how rushed episode 6 is going to be if Refrain starts on episode 7?

They really have a TON to cover in episode 6, Wonder if JC Staff will pull it off right :3
Nov 2, 2013 7:39 AM

Feb 2012
rewatching with subs now, when Rin tries to smile, am I the only one that is reminded of Tomoko from Watamote at that part? xD
Nov 2, 2013 7:40 AM

Oct 2012
left me speechless ... to wait for the next episode

Nov 2, 2013 7:43 AM

Aug 2010
And it has finally started T_T

ALL DEM FORESHADOWINGS!!!!!!! >_<

Nxt ep is gonna make my heart ache. The title says it all. Hopefully it'll be done well. Esp the scene under the rain!!
Barion-ZaraNov 2, 2013 7:46 AM
Nov 2, 2013 7:53 AM

May 2013
This is getting intense. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 2, 2013 7:58 AM
Feb 2013
great episode.

Im one of the people who read the VN and tends to Nit pick every single detail in all these episodes. That being said, this episode to me seems to be the most "perfectly" done episode thus far. If I look back i can find 1 or 2 big things that bother me from every episode (even the kurugaya episodes, though i enjoyed them.) this latest one being an exception.

Yes it was a bit more face paced then it should have been, but i guess thats due to the fact that we only have 13 episodes to fit a large amount of material in. A few parts were left out, one of which I think is rather important but there are obviously other ways to deal with that part in the future when it gets brought up again.

The animation went back up to the standards set at the beginning of the season with little pieces being a tad off but thats true with almost any new anime. Also, this episode featured more Original material then any of the previous ones, however, rather then have it detract from the VN material, it reinforced it and made it work just as well as it did in the VN. JC staff did a great job of capturing Riki's Pov and the "sinister" Kyouske as well a great last scene.

Overall, good job, now i have real faith that maybe just maybe JC staff can fully pull this off in the remaining 7 episodes. (though Kurugaya helped, i was still on the fence with the 4th episode.)

my one qualm with this episode is that they put way too much emphasis in komari. Its almost as though they were showcasing her as an original core member of the LB!. Its not a huge deal just felt a little strange but then in the VN you didnt get much from the perspective of Rin when Riki wasn't around so it makes sense.
Nov 2, 2013 8:03 AM
Feb 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
Btw, you know how rushed episode 6 is going to be if Refrain starts on episode 7?

They really have a TON to cover in episode 6, Wonder if JC Staff will pull it off right :3

You know, i get the feeling that they will shorten a lot of the parts and just put emphasis on the ones that matter similar to what they did in this episode. Also it seems that they will take their own artistic liberties when it comes to how they will be shortening these pieces which to me is fine since this episode's parts that were original work were good and didn't detract from the VN material.

Nov 2, 2013 8:05 AM
Feb 2013
IchiroEX said:
OLHearts said:
IchiroEX said:
Ah~ thanks for the clarification!

Nov 2, 2013 8:06 AM

Jul 2012
I love Little Busters but it's starting to get into the more serious stuff, I like the lighthearted stuff better. :/

Still excited for the next episode though.
Nov 2, 2013 8:08 AM
Feb 2013
egnaro315 said:

Actually you raise a good point. Makes me wonder if they were intending to do a 26 season episode season when they made the PV and then found out then couldn't.
Nov 2, 2013 8:10 AM

Feb 2013
dat plot twits. Excited about the next episode
Nov 2, 2013 8:13 AM

Oct 2011
Dat ending 0___________0
Nov 2, 2013 8:14 AM

Dec 2012
Draakisback said:
egnaro315 said:

Actually you raise a good point. Makes me wonder if they were intending to do a 26 season episode season when they made the PV and then found out then couldn't.

You guys are looking too far into it. With most PVs, they already have the first episode animated and bits and pieces of the other episodes. But using just shots from the first episode wouldn't be enough of a teaser. So they just animated some other scenes on the side to make it more of a teaser. I mean come on, if they actually did that scene at the end of the PV for the actual scene, it'd be pretty blegh. It was nice for a teaser, but bad for an actual scene in an episode. That's all there was to it.
Nov 2, 2013 8:21 AM

Aug 2010
therandomestguy said:
I love Little Busters but it's starting to get into the more serious stuff, I like the lighthearted stuff better. :/

Still excited for the next episode though.

Sorry, but say goodbye to those peaceful days from now on :(
Nov 2, 2013 8:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... they sure skipped a bit didn't they lol (although it's understandable that they did and not really a big deal imo)

They're gonna have to cover a lot of material from Rin2 in ep 6 if Refrain starts at ep7 though...
Nov 2, 2013 8:28 AM

Oct 2013
Just watched the episode. Riki x Rin moments were so cute. That fake smile of Rin in the locker room made me laugh so hard. They really do make a good couple.

I feel bad for Rin when Riki told her she was a coward but I guess Riki has no choice to say it so that Rin will agree on transferring to another school.

This episode made Kyousuke look more sinister as opposed to the supportive leader he was presented to us during season 1. Really can't wait for next week! I want to know what's gonna happen to the Little Busters!

PS: I wonder if next episode is when they're gonna put the rain scene with Kengo punching Kyousuke and Masato stopping him shown in the epilogue of episode 26 of season 1.
Nov 2, 2013 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
Episode left me utterlessly speechless :) ahhh so riki now understands that rin doesn't really love him yet....poor him
Nov 2, 2013 8:32 AM

Feb 2013
Well, that was an interesting episode for sure. They sure packed in a lot for that episode.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Nov 2, 2013 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
Lol Riki x Rin.
Goddam I love Komari <3 "Daijooooooooooooooooubu"

Ooo a transfer student??

Dam Kyousuke is awesome
Nov 2, 2013 8:38 AM

Nov 2010
Riki's 2 monologues were very enlightening
along with his encounter of Kyousuke by following Lennon

You would say all this was done for Rin's sake, but it's probably all about friendship

I got a gut feeling that bus accident was about them after all
The only survivors would be Nastume and Naoe
A comment on the previous episode gave some hints to it as well
Nov 2, 2013 8:38 AM

Nov 2008
Huh, what the fuck happened at the end? They took that part a bit too literally IMO :

Nov 2, 2013 8:39 AM
Feb 2013
Yandy said:
Huh, what the fuck happened at the end? They took that part a bit too literally IMO :

I don't think he literally disappeared in the anime, i think it was supposed to be metaphor like how riki was surrounded by darkness at the end to signal he felt alone.
Nov 2, 2013 8:40 AM
Feb 2013
-Riptide- said:
Just watched the episode. Riki x Rin moments were so cute. That fake smile of Rin in the locker room made me laugh so hard. They really do make a good couple.

I feel bad for Rin when Riki told her she was a coward but I guess Riki has no choice to say it so that Rin will agree on transferring to another school.

This episode made Kyousuke look more sinister as opposed to the supportive leader he was presented to us during season 1. Really can't wait for next week! I want to know what's gonna happen to the Little Busters!

PS: I wonder if next episode is when they're gonna put the rain scene with Kengo punching Kyousuke and Masato stopping him shown in the epilogue of episode 26 of season 1.

We will have to see but i know Cheap tricks will be in it ;).
Nov 2, 2013 8:51 AM

Jul 2010
Kyousuke's serious face. Kyousuke's laugh. Kyousuke's everything <3
Nov 2, 2013 8:52 AM

Sep 2012
xMaebaraK1x said:

By the way that new BGM is quite good. I wonder if it was composed by the person who composed "Scene shifts there" in Rewrite 'cause she is in the credits.

Ryō Mizutsuki.is composing new OST for this season, so it probably is her.

Yandy said:

I had a feeling they might take this approach. It's kind of risky in terms of showing it to anime viewers, but it has more people speculating on the next episode.
It's supposed to my symbolic and foreshadows Riki's internal worry he's always had, and part of the conflict next episode.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

537 by Tsuyu_no_Inochi »»
Mar 3, 4:34 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.