Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 11, 2013 2:53 AM
Mar 2012
I didn't like the ova/ona's, felt like butchered trailers. So far the current version is amazingly poetic & sometimes moving. Yase's personality & memories makes sense now. My regret for watching the ova's is growing proportionally to my enjoyment of the current series.
Nov 15, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2011
god i really cant express how much im enjoying this series, when i finished uchouten kazoku i didnt think id be seeing anything close to being as magical as that was, little did i know the show that matched that magic feeling would be the season immediately after uchouten ended

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 25, 2013 11:36 PM
Mar 2009
Yase was really clingy to Lady Koto, lol. The three children seemed like they got along so well in the past but now they seem distant.

That's interesting though. The first episode showed that all things that break would repair themselves, but Koto's hammer circumvents that property.

And next episode is Yakushimaru. Seems like he just took their parents leaving with a laidback, patient attitude. Also hope we learn why he took on the name Myoue.
Dec 13, 2013 6:30 PM

Apr 2013
I got a little teary I have to admit.
Powerful eyebrows.
Dec 14, 2013 7:16 AM

Dec 2012
I'm falling in love with these characters.
Dec 28, 2013 9:41 PM
Aug 2011
I love it.
Jan 12, 2014 7:38 AM

Oct 2012
Aw... This is a heartwarming episode
Well, nice job Koto...
I don't know whether the doll at the end just illusion or not
At least KitaEri's chara become cheerful again :)
"Signature removed"
Jan 16, 2014 10:42 AM

May 2012
Another pretty nice episode, I do remember some parts being in the ova's.
Jan 21, 2014 4:54 PM

Jan 2012
boring as fuck....

hopefully it'll kick off after all this character development stuff..
Jun 23, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
Such a heartwarming episode, especially Yase's back story. Has some feels moments.
Jan 8, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
Some ONA footage used again but this episode made the ONA make so much more sense! That's good!
Jan 27, 2015 9:53 PM

Jun 2014
I always feel so terribly bad for the siblings. They are all just lonely.
And i feel like Koto is pissed at all of them cause yeah, she misses her parents too, and shes also trapped in a strange world. But shes making the best of it and enjoying herself.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 16, 2015 6:09 AM

Nov 2011
Episode featuring the usual antics seen in the past, a little more and we'll do the corn too.
Narrative that manages to be enjoyable, although it does not shine for drama and comedy, interesting to get to know the secrets of Yasa the second child.
Designs that you either love or hate, there is a middle ground, OST catchy.
Aug 21, 2015 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
At first I didn't quite like Yase or her design, but this episode made me fall in love with her and realize how pretty she actually is.

This anime is so fresh and unique.
Apr 29, 2017 1:57 PM

Jun 2013
You're never too old to try changing for the better. Also, Koto showed more of her sweeter side. There were some fun visuals but it was more melancholic than the last one.

flaxman85 said:
boring as fuck....

The intro literally says "this is a certain family's story of love and rebirth." If you still expected something else, that was on you.
LeeTailorApr 29, 2017 2:02 PM
Sep 6, 2018 5:19 PM

Sep 2018
Great episode but where does all the trash go when it leaves the station? Koto found the doll so it must go to another dimension. Are they just dumping their trash on the material plane to end up in some garbage float in the Pacific? Seems like a kind of messed up and rudimentary method of disposing garbage, they could at least magically erase it or even recycle it (with a similar magic to how objects reform). Just dumping your trash on other people is what has caused the earth to get itself into such a huge mess. Oh well, great episode nonetheless, just food for thought.
Feb 27, 2019 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
Great show so far.

4/5 for the episode and 8/10 for the show as a whole thus far.
Dec 2, 2020 6:10 AM

Aug 2017
Those flying things were seemingly forming a DNA-like sequence.

I wonder who designed those demons, they look pretty distinct.

Just what were they discussing in those meetings? They look like a subversive joke, honestly x) Supposedly important, but really not.

If I were Yase, I'd be pretty interested in Koto's bunny! Hope she got some explanations from her

A little detail that feels heartwarming is Yase attending her memory room barefooted, it somehow adds more intimacy and childishness to her problem. I also liked materialized memories. Nice execution.

Kurama's open eyes are scary O_O

Yakushimaru's beads in the end looked like a peace sign
St0rmbladeDec 2, 2020 6:24 AM
Apr 4, 2021 4:28 PM

Jul 2016
flaxman85 said:
boring as fuck....

I feel they could have done these backstories in 1-2 episodes instead of the three.
Jun 22, 2021 7:46 AM

May 2020
Another episode that's very similar to the 3rd episode of the 2012 ONA but with some major differences. There was a random girl who was forced to let go of her doll by her mom and that's replaced with Kuruma forcing Yase to let go of her doll in order to bring OG Koto back. Also we get a deeper look at Yase and her personality in this episode.

This is episode is where the difference between the ONA's really becomes apparent. The next episode focuses on New Myoue/Yakushimaru.
Feb 3, 2022 7:19 AM

Oct 2018
Man, how messed up is it that it took this long to definitively confirm on-screen that the two spirits occasionally seen with Koto and the two small boys occasionally seen with Koto are in fact the same entities? I mean, it's not that it wasn't obvious, but... actually, was it that obvious? I mean, technically, the anime hasn't yet established anything about what these two are or what their purpose is. All I have so far is a single line in Episode 2 naming them as "familiars" who are "incapable of ill will." My guess may have been more fueled by hope-- that it would be something cool like that, and that I wouldn't have to be confused about the existence of two more characters. Man, I feel so juvenile whenever a show makes me want a dedicated exposition moment, but... it feels like they're pretending these two don't exist at this point 😖
Dec 11, 2022 8:45 PM

Apr 2016
The value things gain because of the memories attached to them and how hard it can be to get rid of them, simple but effective episode.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Oct 9, 2013

128 by basskiller »»
Feb 17, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

135 by Kristiwazhere »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:26 PM

» I didn t understand the show

Franck_Nicolas - Nov 20, 2022

4 by Franck_Nicolas »»
Apr 26, 2023 2:11 AM

» Watch order?

D-A-W - Apr 19, 2023

2 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

65 by Safrichh »»
Jan 13, 2023 6:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.