Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2013 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat tears ;.;

Nice episode, a lot of odd creatures that kind reminds me of the Halloween mood. One of them with the blonde hair pretty badass.

I felt some sorrow for Yase this episode though. I am glad everyone came to cheer her up though. That mood is just cherry. Fucking intense ending though. This episode was awesome.
Oct 30, 2013 3:25 PM
Dec 2012
Not much to comment. I just enjoyed the visual. Some scenes were even poetic. Good one to kill time.
Oct 30, 2013 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
Very heartwarming episode about Yase... I really liked the "room of memories" she made and the flashbacks she had with Koto.

I teared up when Yase finally moved on from the past. Material things may be precious for the memories they hold, but to be loved by someone despite what you are will always be the most precious thing for Yase that no one can take from her. The bunny doll that MC Koto brought to Mirror Kyoto reminded her of exactly that.

I loved how something as seemingly insignificant as a bunny doll comes back around in this show to be something really significant.This show knows what it's doing...

And I honestly wasn't looking forward to this episode since the OVA corresponding to this episode was pretty boring, but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of emotion in this episode.
Oct 30, 2013 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
Yes! I'm going to love the next episode! My favorite story!

It was such a sad episode, but the scene with the crowds returning to Yase running and covered in dirt was very sweet! :)
Oct 30, 2013 6:36 PM

Nov 2007
Is this also one of the OVA eps. with stuff flowing the sky? The monster stealing stuff and make it into pieces to throw on the sky, in mischief way. It also angered the sister (the main girl's aunt?). It's all about her memory to her mother? The main girl somehow helped her ease that sadness.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2013 6:39 PM

Apr 2009
Another great episode.

Looking forward to the Myoue centric one next, I hope it sheds more light on his backstory (since he is probably not the biological son of the original Myoue and Lady Koto).
Oct 30, 2013 6:42 PM

Jun 2012
The way Kyousougiga tackles abandonment through the siblings is nothing short of engrossing. They're all affected by it but deal with it in completely different ways.

Kurama has been proactive in trying to find his parents with throwing the doll away, his plans with Fushimi from last week, etc. Yase reacted the polar opposite by trying to cling to the past through items her mother left her. We'll learn next week how Yakushimaru copes with it based on the preview.

After seeing the doll Kurama threw away with Hammer Koto, does Yase see a Hammer Koto as a link to her mother or does she think Hammer Koto is her mother? Because if it's the latter she actually got worse than she was in the beginning
HybridMBLOct 30, 2013 6:48 PM
Oct 30, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2009
HybridMBL said:
It's really interesting how this show has been tackling the theme of abandonment through the siblings. They're all affected by it but deal with it in completely different ways.

Kurama has been proactive in trying to find his parents with throwing the doll away, his plans with Fushimi from last week, etc. Yase reacted the polar opposite by trying to cling to the past through items her mother left her. We'll learn next week how Yakushimaru copes with it based on the preview.

After seeing the doll Kurama threw away with Hammer Koto, does Yase see a Hammer Koto as a link to her mother or does she think Hammer Koto is her mother? Because if it's the latter she actually got worse than she was in the beginning

I think Myoue's view is patience, they'll come back eventually so it's no good doing everything he can to bring them back like Kurama or to retroactively bury yourself in the past like Yase.
Oct 30, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
HybridMBL said:

Lol probably the former. Kurama said that MC Koto reminds him a lot of his father, Inari. So it's not weird that Yase thinks MC Koto reminds her of her mother, Koto. Yase seems content enough that MC Koto reminds her of her mother, so I don't think Yase will go as far as consider MC Koto as her mom.
Oct 30, 2013 7:27 PM
Apr 2013
Another excellent episode. I really like how there are equal parts past and equal parts present into the episode, fleshing out the family. Now that Yase has noticed her rabbit on Koto's hammer, this might start her and Kurama's quest to get their mother back as seen in Episode 00.
MCALOct 30, 2013 7:44 PM
Oct 30, 2013 7:49 PM

May 2013
Yase shedding some tears :(

Good episode.
Oct 30, 2013 9:08 PM

May 2012
Yase seems to be the one who is more attached to their mother. Love those flashbacks and when she was having her tantrums.
Oct 30, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
So the station's opening is like the world's garbage disposal... interesting.

But if I'm not wrong, why do things that Koto breaks with her hammer not fix itself? I thought she broke so many things during episode 00 but everything seems okay in Mirror Kyoto?
Oct 30, 2013 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
My heart ;_;

I wonder if Yase asked Koto about the rabbit or is she just happy that it returned to her along with Koto who resembles mama Koto.
[center]
Oct 30, 2013 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
Felt so bad for Yase this episode. She just wants her mom back! The station opening was cool, with all the stuff floating away. It would be nice to have something like that in the real world.
wow gay
Oct 30, 2013 10:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yase's story and her feelings :( I'm glad that she learned to move on, everyone can relate to losing something, or things, that is precious to you because of the memories associated with it. I love her storage of memories, especially that tree, was not expecting that to be in there.
Oct 30, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good. This anime really goes back and forth with me. Some things are done really well. Mainly anything involving flashbacks.
I don't like Koto's voice, sounds too much like a boy.
Oct 30, 2013 11:35 PM

Jun 2013
Awww, this episode actually made me tear up. Poor Yase... This anime really is heartwarming. I love it.
Oct 30, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
good episode next episode is Myoue turn
Oct 30, 2013 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
Why didn't the little monster who threw away all Yase's dear tea cups and saucers get any punishment or even justice of any kind? I don't even see it feeling sorry about what it did.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 31, 2013 4:11 AM

Aug 2010
Poor Yase :(

Loved the scenes with her flashbacks with Mama Koto. They were so touching :*)
Oct 31, 2013 4:19 AM

Oct 2012
Beautiful episode, the ending was really sweet. Though I wonder how Koto came to end up with Yase's Rabbit..

Can't wait for Myoue's episode next, as I really loved his ONA and I'm looking forward to seeing the full story of his past.
Oct 31, 2013 4:27 AM

Oct 2011
Yase-centric episode is a most welcome thing, somehow she seems as most likeable of those three - ok Kurama got some points here with his episode but she is still the best.

Also mixing and explaining stuff from OVA, well done.
Most certainly one of top3 this season.
Oct 31, 2013 8:55 AM

Jul 2010
Sad and funny at the same time, this show is so damn good.

Next episode is about Myoue, can't wait.

symbv said:
Why didn't the little monster who threw away all Yase's dear tea cups and saucers get any punishment or even justice of any kind? I don't even see it feeling sorry about what it did.

I know right? I can only guess that he's just like a little kid who doesn't even know what he is doing. That's why he didn't feel sorry about what he did.
As for the punishment, I don't know, did they even find out about the culprit?
Oct 31, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2010
I....I'm not.... I'm not crying YOU HEAR ME???
;_;

and now finally Myoue
Oct 31, 2013 12:33 PM

May 2011
What a good episode. It was nice knowing more of Yase, she seems quite attached and emotional about her mother. Looks like it's Myoue's turn next. Looking forward to that.
Oct 31, 2013 12:45 PM

Mar 2013
Oo, a pretty nice episode about Yase.
Oct 31, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
HybridMBL said:
The way Kyousougiga tackles abandonment through the siblings is nothing short of engrossing. They're all affected by it but deal with it in completely different ways.

You watched episode 00? That give you the response.
They thought that Hammer Koto was Rabbit Koto from the beginning when she appeared in their world. And they were able to bring Rabbit Koto!
Oct 31, 2013 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
symbv said:

I think nobody knows that it was him that made that! At that scene where they are angry with him isn't because they know he made that, but because he is happy while he shouldn't be.
pakoko said:
So the station's opening is like the world's garbage disposal... interesting.

But if I'm not wrong, why do things that Koto breaks with her hammer not fix itself? I thought she broke so many things during episode 00 but everything seems okay in Mirror Kyoto?

Most of those things were destroyed by the gangs and her brothers(or familiars), not by her Hammer(even though somethings were).
AversaNov 11, 2013 5:33 AM
Oct 31, 2013 2:28 PM
Jul 2013
The masterpiece strikes again! Loving this more and more <3.
Oct 31, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 2011
it was a bit hard having most of episode with yase sad, but at least some more connections were done

kurama planned it well, he didn't even lost his cup :3

@pakoko
"And I honestly wasn't looking forward to this episode since the OVA corresponding to this episode was pretty boring"
for me it was the opposite, i liked the ona, so was having high expectations for this episode, maybe too high expectations..

@tsubasalover
"Is this also one of the OVA eps. with stuff flowing the sky?"
the ona was different, some things were changed to better adapt to the current serie storyline
i'm keeping the ona as an alternate version, they're both as good

@symbv
"Why didn't the little monster who threw away all Yase's dear tea cups and saucers get any punishment or even justice of any kind? I don't even see it feeling sorry about what it did."
cause it is a demon, they have to be bad, it's their nature, they'll never be sorry for being themselfes
but it may also be that its actions in the end did push yase in a better direction, or did lead for a good turn for yase
or they may not even knowyet it was the little demon to do it o.o

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 31, 2013 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
bigivelfhq said:

Most of those things were destroyed by the gangs and her brothers(or familiars), not by her Hammer(even though somethings were).

Ah, you're right. But I'm guessing none of us know why things that Koto breaks fixes itself. Any educational guesses?
Oct 31, 2013 5:34 PM

Feb 2011
pakoko said:
bigivelfhq said:

Ah, you're right. But I'm guessing none of us know why things that Koto breaks fixes itself. Any educational guesses?

guess#1 the hammer is made up of the same "magic" which in mirror kyoto repairs broken things
so the "magic" of the hammer and the "magic" of the repairing repel each other and the objects return to be normal objects with no "magic" repair spell on them, so they stay broken (or looked upside down, the repair spell no longer works)
(interference)

guess#2 the hammer just breaks the repair spell, and the repair spell isn't self-repairing, so if damaged the spell remains damaged
(breaking)

guess#3 the hammer is similar to a brush used by the first myoue to create the world of mirror kyoto
so the hammer can permanently modify the world of mirror kyoto
when used to break things, the break is permanent
(permanent modify)
ZeandoOct 31, 2013 5:38 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 1, 2013 5:47 AM

Oct 2013
pakoko said:
bigivelfhq said:

The hammer is made by the "sensei" monk(the father) that created that world and that could manipulate it at will.
Nov 1, 2013 8:00 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was handled so well. I was worried that the resolution would be lukewarm or generic or go against prior characterization, but it managed to succeed. This series is still going strong. I'm so happy!
Nov 1, 2013 1:58 PM

May 2012
06:20 what's with that creature

Good. 7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 1, 2013 2:29 PM
Jul 2013
Oh, Yase finally shows his true feelings.
Nov 1, 2013 4:42 PM

Dec 2009
Watching Kyousougiga makes me sad for some reason...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 1, 2013 5:21 PM

Feb 2011
Marow said:
Watching Kyousougiga makes me sad for some reason...

bitersweet or just bitter?

Nov 1, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
Finally caught up to the newest episode! I put this off for a while. I like this show but I wish it would have a main plot going on, instead of showing everything in between. It's just not that linear.
Nov 1, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2013
Yase is definitely one of my favourite characters. I felt like I really connected to the way she felt - I'm a hoarder too, and just the question of "why doesn't she throw away her junk?" perplexed me, because I thought it was pretty obvious. It's not junk to her. I was really worried she'd just be a brat at first, but she's turned out to be really sweet. I seriously hope she, out of all the kids, gets to see her mum again.
Nov 2, 2013 8:30 AM

Oct 2013
straggy said:
Yase is definitely one of my favourite characters. I felt like I really connected to the way she felt - I'm a hoarder too, and just the question of "why doesn't she throw away her junk?" perplexed me, because I thought it was pretty obvious. It's not junk to her. I was really worried she'd just be a brat at first, but she's turned out to be really sweet. I seriously hope she, out of all the kids, gets to see her mum again.

Have you seen episode 00? If not go see it! That responds your hope for Yase to see her mum again.
Nov 2, 2013 9:33 AM
Jan 2010
Am I the only one who got kind of emotional there
Nov 2, 2013 12:47 PM

Nov 2012
great episode. it was nice seeing some more of yase. really loved when she sat at the table and remembered her mom, that was beautiful and sad. ;-;
loving the visuals!
Nov 2, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2013
Rule #1 don't ever piss Yase off.
Nov 5, 2013 2:54 PM

Jul 2011
Wow. This anime really knows how to deal with emotion. I already cried in episode 2, but this one moved me deeply as well.

Glad to see there are still people who actually take their time to deliver not only an amazing visual adventure, but also really dense script and screenplay. Toei Animation means business on this one.

I was blown away by episode 0 and the OVAs, I really enjoyed episode 1 and WOW, it just keeps on growing on me. This could be the anime I was longing for during all these years.
Nov 6, 2013 9:58 PM

Jun 2012
Nice episode, pretty meaningful. ^^

Nov 7, 2013 6:00 AM

Mar 2008
I love this anime, if this keeps up it'll stay in my favorites.
It's so creative and imaginative while still being so much fun to watch.
Nov 8, 2013 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
Mom stuff always chokes me up... such a beautiful episode. It makes perfect sense why Yase would hoard items. I love all of Yase's demon friends ^^ they really care about her.
Nov 9, 2013 6:54 PM

Feb 2013
I LOLd at the little-pink-clappy-guy that stole Yase's stuff just to watch it fly.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

136 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

66 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

61 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

65 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2013

87 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.