Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 29, 2013 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
Unit-01 said:
AlexTheRiot said:
"So if I'm the best here, I'm the best in the world?" Chihayafuru reference?
Togashi totally loves reading Josei.

not sure man but I think that HxH was first.

Oct 29, 2013 11:11 PM

Nov 2012
destonyDbaby said:
Unit-01 said:
AlexTheRiot said:
"So if I'm the best here, I'm the best in the world?" Chihayafuru reference?
Togashi totally loves reading Josei.

not sure man but I think that HxH was first.
lol I was joking.
Oct 29, 2013 11:18 PM

Sep 2011
One of the best entierely-talkative episodes of hxh. Love it.
Oct 29, 2013 11:35 PM

Mar 2013
i hated this episode bored me to death probably because ive read the manga already but so much talking holy hell.
Oct 30, 2013 12:02 AM
Nov 2008
n10sity said:
I know it's a weird thing to say about an anime with giant, mutant ants. But it bothers me he was able to master Go so quickly.

Well, he is not just your typical all-powerful being, like it was hinted with Pitou they are also higly intelligent. After all if he must stand above all beings strenght alone is not enough.
Oct 30, 2013 12:18 AM

Sep 2013
My only true gripe with this episode would have to be the narrator chiming in at the end, and the ending theme visuals. I was okay when we had a captain obvious narrator, but this..?

MadHouse: "Let's make a filler character, and name him/her 'Subtlety'. Now, how about we kill it off immediately after! Surely, that's in the style of HxH!!"
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Oct 30, 2013 12:31 AM
Sep 2013
Interesting episode eventhough it is more on talking..that Meleoron and Gon will be an awesome tandem..excited on the next episode
Oct 30, 2013 1:01 AM

Apr 2013
Gon is so trusting xD
Oct 30, 2013 1:14 AM

May 2013
This is getting good. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 30, 2013 1:21 AM

Jan 2008
Albi-kun said:
AdeizaSama said:
We know you read the manga! You don't have to tell us her name or hint how much "like a boss" she will be -_-

Come on, discuss as if you're an anime only watcher like the rest of us.

Right

YES!
Oct 30, 2013 1:40 AM
Oct 2011
ShigyC said:
My only true gripe with this episode would have to be the narrator chiming in at the end, and the ending theme visuals. I was okay when we had a captain obvious narrator, but this..?

MadHouse: "Let's make a filler character, and name him/her 'Subtlety'. Now, how about we kill it off immediately after! Surely, that's in the style of HxH!!"
Fun Fact: The narrator is the main villain in the arc. He'll get his revenge in the 2nd half and no one will be able to stop him. Just wait and see.
Oct 30, 2013 2:25 AM

Jul 2013
' Rest like your life depended on it '
I don't know but I laughed at this one.
Oct 30, 2013 2:31 AM

Oct 2013
Candor said:
ShigyC said:

Fun Fact: The narrator is the main villain in the arc. He'll get his revenge in the 2nd half and no one will be able to stop him. Just wait and see.

Nice cover Dr. Spoiler.

EVERY_SINGLE_DAY said:
' Rest like your life depended on it '
I don't know but I laughed at this one.

Got one out of me too. Sure is a helpful guy.
Railroad switch
Oct 30, 2013 2:57 AM

Dec 2012
Finally! Komugi at last!
Oct 30, 2013 3:02 AM

Oct 2013
TheUnknownX said:
Albi-kun said:
AdeizaSama said:
We know you read the manga! You don't have to tell us her name or hint how much "like a boss" she will be -_-

Come on, discuss as if you're an anime only watcher like the rest of us.

Right

YES!

beaniesaige said:
Finally! Komugi at last!

Sigh.
Railroad switch
Oct 30, 2013 4:49 AM

Jan 2011
"Spoiled like your life depends on it" !!!
Oct 30, 2013 4:50 AM

Oct 2013
I've read the manga so I don't care personally. Just sayin'
Railroad switch
Oct 30, 2013 5:45 AM
Sep 2013
Come on MH, you're already in a bind with the time slot change, stick with the pacing of three chapters per episode and cover as much ground as possible. That aside, awesome episode. 4/5
CresherhsmOct 30, 2013 6:52 AM
Oct 30, 2013 6:27 AM

Sep 2013
Damn, starting to like Meleoron for reals :D For a while I thought he was already going to betray Gon 'the condition for my third ability has been met! >:OOO' ...but glad it wasn't so! :D

That scene with Netero and his aura really made me realize that guy is on a league far his own. And to think king will be even tougher? :D ...crazy shit.

Will be interesting to see how that girl is going to affect the king's fate :o I guess she's gona win that game but still :D Will that just be too much for the young king's confidence or something? >:D

And what's up with Gillua in the preview? :,D
Life left to go
Oct 30, 2013 6:29 AM

Oct 2013
rolffxd said:
Will be interesting to see how that girl is going to affect the king's fate :o I guess she's gona win that game but still :D Will that just be too much for the young king's confidence or something? >:D

It's beautiful.
Railroad switch
Oct 30, 2013 6:34 AM
Mar 2013
kurokouga said:
Meleoran is amazing! And tbh I thought that blind child at the end was a guy um
This is going to be a rather interesting arc. It kind of makes me depressed to think that this could be the last one!

I seriously doubt it.. If they end it after this arc they are just stupid. There is a perfect ending if they were to continue and finish the next arc since the manga left it off on a perfect cliffhanger. now granted the manga is not over but it would still be a good place to end the anime for now
Oct 30, 2013 6:47 AM
Oct 2011
Impressive episode. I was interested in all the elements. Curious to see what that girl brings to the table.
Oct 30, 2013 7:36 AM
Nov 2008
Ichinoze said:
I seriously doubt it.. If they end it after this arc they are just stupid. There is a perfect ending if they were to continue and finish the next arc since the manga left it off on a perfect cliffhanger. now granted the manga is not over but it would still be a good place to end the anime for now

I believe they will end the anime with chapter 339 so 1 chapter before the hiatus.
By doing so there will be no cliffhanger.
_Legna_Oct 30, 2013 7:44 AM
Oct 30, 2013 7:53 AM
Oct 2011
JustLurking said:
Candor said:
ShigyC said:

Nice cover Dr. Spoiler.
Oct 30, 2013 11:06 AM
Sep 2011
Cresherhsm said:
Come on MH, you're already in a bind with the time slot change, stick with the pacing of three chapters per episode and cover as much ground as possible. That aside, awesome episode. 4/5

Just because you read the manga doesn't mean it's slow paced; to be honest if I'd just sit there and wait for these "good parts" I wouldn't really watch the serie on a weekly basis.

We have 1 arc left, and you really want it to be over as quickly as possible? A lot of shizzle happened this episode, and if you're not contempt with this much per episode, please just do yourself a favour and have it on hold till you can marathon it.

If you're going to defend that they actually should pack in another chapter, I'd love your opinion on the 5 minutes of this episode they should skip.
RendioOct 30, 2013 11:11 AM
Oct 30, 2013 12:38 PM
Mar 2012
worst love story ever to come
Oct 30, 2013 12:53 PM

Dec 2011
Komugi is finally here! Hell yes. I think out of all the characters in Chimera Ant arc, she is the best and has the most meaning. I can't wait to see her battle Meruem.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2013 12:54 PM

May 2013
wow!!! clearly hxh is the best anime there ever is
Oct 30, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, I finally get the falling (gungi) pieces and the bushy brow girl in the ending sequence, haha. Starting to like the chameleon guy.
Oct 30, 2013 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Especially since he wants to kill the King to avenge Peggy. Peggy was my favorite Chimera Ant, haha.
Oct 30, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
Omg it gets spoily here, well it's ok since the anime spoiled it too... I kinda feel bad for people who didnt read the manga.
Oct 30, 2013 6:07 PM

May 2011
Lol, I Thought she was a boy.. Fuck you Togashi, I can't tell anymore the sex of any character.. Maybe Meleoran is a girl :o nah, Togashi draws girls like the girls and boys like the girls.. Anyways, I wanted to say something about the king, it's not really something, I wanted to tell him how badass he was when he killed that fat man, every time I watch the king scenes in the shows I keep asking myself how the hell they will manage to take this monster down.. God! I want to see that but first of all they must take the royal guards down and there's a reason why the word "royal" put in their title.. Gon and his ugly friend can't make any damage to the king.. I think Togashi is planning to make the king destroy himself or something like that, but there's noway to anyone to kill him..

I feel sorry that killua didn't appear at all, I wonder what's goin with him... I think that he'll keep focusing about getting better and kick some ants asses with his new powers.. I think.. Anyways it was another good episode.. I should stop calling them that because there's no such a bad HXH episode exists,
5/5
Satan-samaOct 30, 2013 6:11 PM
Oct 30, 2013 6:17 PM

Dec 2008
Somebody give that blind girl a Kleenex!! Yuck!!

Meleoron is WIN! I really like him. I want a Meleoron action figure now.

Still missing my boyfriend, Hisoka. When's he coming back?
Oct 30, 2013 9:46 PM
Sep 2013
Rendio said:
Cresherhsm said:

Just because you read the manga doesn't mean it's slow paced; to be honest if I'd just sit there and wait for these "good parts" I wouldn't really watch the series on a weekly basis.

We have 1 arc left, and you really want it to be over as quickly as possible? A lot of shizzle happened this episode, and if you're not contempt with this much per episode, please just do yourself a favour and have it on hold till you can marathon it.

If you're going to defend that they actually should pack in another chapter, I'd love your opinion on the 5 minutes of this episode they should skip.

I didn't find this episode boring at all, if I did, I wouldn't have called it "awesome". I don't find the pacing slow either, two chapters per episode is standard for shonen titles and is even fast by the standards of long running battle anime (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc). However, it is "slow" by HxH standards, the anime has made a name for itself for adapting material at a fast and refreshing pace. I've liked the overall pacing in this arc and I'm happy that they sped it up perfectly in recent episodes, I just think that it could have been done better. The anime has been able to cover 58 chapters in 27 episodes, that's 2.15 chapters per episode. If Madhouse stuck with the fast pacing of three chapters per episode initially, even adding five episodes of two chapters per episode for allowance, we would have covered 18 more chapters by now, making the previous episodes "meatier" even more enjoyable and placing us at the start of the invasion. That said, this is only a minor issue I have with the anime and I could have easily embraced it had the time slot change never happened. Even if MH slowed down the pace early in the arc, I can't remember a single episode in particular that was badly paced besides episode 79 (which was atrocious). Of course, there were episodes that I thought could have covered more material and a few scenes that could've been paced better but they were by no means bad. For example, I liked how they chose to prolong the Queen's death scene but they did extend it a bit too much. Overall, while they did slow things down they did a good job in doing so, that's why were lucky to have Madhouse.

You're right though, this is probably one of those episodes (like episode 98) that couldn't have adapted three chapters. I guess my impatience can be attributed to both the time slot change and that I really wanted to hear Komugi speak and was disappointed when she didn't (reiterating what I said earlier, I wasn't impatient because I was getting bored). There are some chapters that have lot of information and can only be adapted at a fast pace at the expense of storytelling and no one wants that. Although anime viewers won't be able to notice this (I sure didn't, I only read the manga recently), I know a lot of manga readers who were irritated by the pacing of Greed Island since a lot of important scenes and details were skipped.

As I said earlier, I would've have easily embraced the "slower" pacing earlier in the arc if it weren't for time slot change but since HxH is now airing at midnight on Wednesdays, I wan't it to end as soon as possible. With less revenue from ratings and ads, many people believe that a drop in production values will happen in the near future. Some are worried that the show won't finish the CA arc and even more are worried that the anime won't adapt the next arc. I'm one of those people who had pessimistic leanings ever since news of the time slot change came out and the many negative posts that I've read since then have only made my fears worse. I wan't HxH to finish as soon as possible, maintaining at least decent production quality throughout the remainder of its run and the longer the series goes, the less the chances of that happening become. However, I don't like MH to go "Greed Island pacing" either so from here on out, I want Madhouse to cover as much material as possible without sacrificing much storytelling quality. I hope that cleared things up.
Oct 30, 2013 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
That's why Peggy always carried that book around ;W; this arc is amazing
Oct 30, 2013 11:15 PM
Sep 2013
SergioSource said:
That's why Peggy always carried that book around ;W; this arc is amazing

I wonder what you will say when the anime reaches the palace invasion..lololol
Oct 30, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2009
Komugi rocking those brows.
Oct 31, 2013 1:19 AM

May 2012
Noooo why did it end there?
Oct 31, 2013 2:57 AM

Jun 2010
argh, i want more ep. how would the girl influence that bastard king?? 0.0
Oct 31, 2013 5:59 AM

Jun 2011
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Still missing my boyfriend, Hisoka. When's he coming back?

And with the introduction of Ikalgo, Meleoron and Komugi the stage is set for this awesome arc :D
Oct 31, 2013 6:50 AM

Apr 2010
everything in this episode was totally AMAZINGGGG!!!
especially her first appearance <3
Nov 1, 2013 4:52 AM

Oct 2010
Got fucking goosebumps at the final scene. So she's finally arrived.
Nov 2, 2013 5:25 AM

Feb 2013
huntx said:
HxH always delivers the best episode of the week.

word!
Nov 2, 2013 7:42 AM

Nov 2012
nice episode ..things are escalating smoothly
+
who knew that gungi is not an real board game ...but an imaginary game created by mr.togashi .
Nov 2, 2013 9:35 AM

Oct 2011
Whoa Meloran learned Shogi, Chess, and Go. Gungi looks interesting to play

Chills and Goosebumps!!!! Who is she?? Influence his fate???
Nov 5, 2013 12:02 AM

Aug 2010
I don't like the "Capitan Obvious" Narrator. I didn't read the manga, but It's quite obvious that girl from the ED got a big part in the series (Otherwise she wouldn't be there). The Narrator kills a suprise....
Nov 5, 2013 1:02 AM

Jun 2009
c0rti said:
I don't like the "Capitan Obvious" Narrator. I didn't read the manga, but It's quite obvious that girl from the ED got a big part in the series (Otherwise she wouldn't be there). The Narrator kills a suprise....

If it's obvious, then how would the narrator telling you make it a surprise?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 5, 2013 2:59 AM

Sep 2013
Insan3Heisenberg said:
c0rti said:

Whenever the narrator restates the painfully obvious/gives out hints, you can bet that it's anime-only dialogue most of the time.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Nov 6, 2013 8:13 AM

Aug 2010
Insan3Heisenberg said:
c0rti said:

Not everyone are watching ED, so for those who not, Narrator tells "yes, she's important". And I'm kinda pissed, because I don't like this kind of obviousness..

ShigyC said:
Whenever the narrator restates the painfully obvious/gives out hints, you can bet that it's anime-only dialogue most of the time.

But sometimes that anime-only dialogue is not necessary at all.
Nov 6, 2013 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
Whether it's obvious or not doesn't matter. The point of the narration was to build interest and hype for the coming events. It seems alot of people think that once you know something will happen that it lessens the value. I disagree, as wondering how she will change Mereum is interesting in it's own right.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.