Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 27, 2013 12:58 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Big thanks to Naruleach and Numi for helping out this week.

You can find more details and an overview of all results in the club's official FAL Fall 2013 thread.

Points Criteria
Please see the Rules thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Discussion posts ARE counted this week
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Week 4 Anime Points:

Total Weekly Points Rankings:

Total Overall Points Rankings:

Highest Unique Team Score:

Ace users:

Team Rankings:

Errors:
LunaOct 27, 2013 2:24 PM
Oct 27, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Nice +10 :)...I can aim for the top40 to surpass my previous season's ranking now with the pace I'm going ^^

My team is pretty strong. I'm satisfied with it. Getting pretty consistent results.
If only I chose StB instead of NnA --__--...I'm loving StB, but I didn't expect it to be that popular.

Really didn't expect LH to dominate this much. GT isn't far behind hehe
Oct 27, 2013 1:10 PM

Nov 2011
-2 again..not surprised.

Guess I underestimated Strike the Blood a lot more than I had thought for this season. I'm really going to take consideration when choosing a sequel next time.
Oct 27, 2013 1:30 PM

Jul 2008
Woah, where do you have Diabolik Lovers getting 484 discussion posts? It should be 150-something by my count.
Ideal anime wife?

Dec 2011
Looks like I was right to choose Non Non Biyori over Tokyo Ravens in my week 3 swap.

Next week: dropping out of top 100.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 2013
hanging in there at no. 2, no telling what i'll get to do in the upcoming weeks, but i'm sure coppelion will get dropped at week 8 no matter what else happens, low score and high drops punish it badly
Oct 27, 2013 1:36 PM
Mar 2013
kadian1365 said:
Woah, where do you have Diabolik Lovers getting 484 discussion posts? It should be 150-something by my count.

must be a kink in the equation that isn't excluding the 320-ish posts that were excluded in 2nd week?
Oct 27, 2013 1:45 PM

Jul 2008
Also I believe the Little Busters forum posts are undercounted. I had over 500 posts this morning and the threads don't look like they were modded since then.
Ideal anime wife?
Oct 27, 2013 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
And my quest to the bottom continues with a drop of 15 this week. Hell yeah!
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Oct 27, 2013 1:51 PM
Jul 2012
Ehh nothing major happening to me, but only up one by the standings. need to switch one show, but need to know how to do it.
Oct 27, 2013 2:09 PM

May 2008
-1, for rank 92. Still in top 100, hopefully will be going up in rank soon.
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Oct 27, 2013 2:21 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
kadian1365 said:
kadian1365 said:
Also I believe the Little Busters forum posts are undercounted. I had over 500 posts this morning and the threads don't look like they were modded since then.

You were right and I've fixed these errors now. Some rankings changed because of this, sorry for the inconvenience.
Oct 27, 2013 2:58 PM

Apr 2009
50 (+23) and Highest Unique Team Score, pretty good week for me :)
Oct 27, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
Dropped again. Not surpsied since I underestimated a lot of series.
Oct 27, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 2011
Rank 194 (+21) Yes!!!
Oct 27, 2013 4:03 PM

Nov 2011
So I'm wondering...what the hell happened to Refrain this season?

The post counts isn't too surprising considering a handful of people often discusses there on the boards. But the view count..is it because expectations aren't as high for the sequel as to how season 1 concluded? or some other reason? The PV/anticipation that debuted for Refrain had one of the most hyped discussions I've seen from the Fall season (on par with Kill la Kill).

I did predict at the minimal 18-20k views for Refrain by this point but it seems I'm a bit off.
Oct 27, 2013 4:13 PM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:

The post counts isn't too surprising considering a handful of people often discusses there on the boards. But the view count..is it because expectations aren't as high for the sequel as to how season 1 concluded? or some other reason? The PV/anticipation that debuted for Refrain had one of the most hyped discussions I've seen from the Fall season (on par with Kill la Kill).

I did predict at the minimal 18-20k views for Refrain by this point but it seems I'm a bit off.

Meh, who knows, maybe people are just waiting for it to get further along before they start watching it. I don't really understand it either, but since I'm aiming for the bottom this season, I don't really care.
Wecc said:

Oct 27, 2013 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
Raikenzera said:
Stark700 said:

Meh, who knows, maybe people are just waiting for it to get further along before they start watching it. I don't really understand it either, but since I'm aiming for the bottom this season, I don't really care.

Can't aim for the top, aim for the bottom. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Oct 27, 2013 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
Wait, I just noticed I didn't drop this week. I stayed the same and noticed an edit about 3 hours ago (after the original results were posted) ;o
Oct 27, 2013 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
Yay for +10.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 27, 2013 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
YAAY top 50!! o/
Oct 27, 2013 5:20 PM

Feb 2010
Still going strong, I'm happy so far :)

As for LB, I didn't expect 20k viewers but something like 15k, the way it turned out is really a bit disappointing. I guess on the one hand we have the people who are still pissed at JC staff handling it, so they just ignore it because they hated the first season. And we have the fans who like it so much they want wo marathon it and not wait on potential cliffhangers each week.

Second seasons always have considerable drops in viewers and LB season 1 didn't rank amongst the top in terms of viewers in its FAL if I remember correctly (at least not in the later weeks). I had a hard time adjusting my expectations for it and in the end I only picked it because it was the one series that I didn't want to lose to if I didn't have it on my team because I fretted way too much over picking it or not. I never had much hope, but it still turned out rather disappointing, not even making top 5 on discussion weeks.

I'm more surprised about how well Kuroko has turned out. I was counting on the KnB fanboys and girls being more addicted than say the Magi or IS or LB fans (because I know I am xD) and it has worked out so far.

Not to mention STB which I only picked because of it airing in the first week. If this season proves anything it's the undeniable advantage of airing earlier, not only short-term but also long-term. Unless something else factors in (like huge anticipation/hype or it being 1000% better than everyone thought) that's definitely THE difference between titles that look very similar pre-season (like STB and Tokyo Ravens/Arpeggio/BlazBlue).
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 27, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Still going strong, I'm happy so far :)

As for LB, I didn't expect 20k viewers but something like 15k, the way it turned out is really a bit disappointing. I guess on the one hand we have the people who are still pissed at JC staff handling it, so they just ignore it because they hated the first season. And we have the fans who like it so much they want wo marathon it and not wait on potential cliffhangers each week.

Second seasons always have considerable drops in viewers and LB season 1 didn't rank amongst the top in terms of viewers in its FAL if I remember correctly (at least not in the later weeks). I had a hard time adjusting my expectations for it and in the end I only picked it because it was the one series that I didn't want to lose to if I didn't have it on my team because I fretted way too much over picking it or not. I never had much hope, but it still turned out rather disappointing, not even making top 5 on discussion weeks.

I'm more surprised about how well Kuroko has turned out. I was counting on the KnB fanboys and girls being more addicted than say the Magi or IS or LB fans (because I know I am xD) and it has worked out so far..

I had a discussion with another friend of mine about picking the sequels considering we had a limited choice this season. I should of went with KnK here as well since I didn't expect the result to be this high. Magi S2 wasn't on my mind though but IS2 definitely was for awhile.

As for LB: Refrain, I did check the PTW at the time and I think it was on par with at least Strike the Blood. I assumed that the discussions might be higher considering LB season 1's post counts had a good start and also by the fact that STB looked a bit generic so I assumed the ratings might be a bit lower later on. I also considered picking Nagi no Asukara at the time rather than a sequel. Oh well, guess that didn't work out. I also hoped for Valvrave S2 to do well as well in case I wanted to do a bench switch later on. Valvrave's first season did perform well from what I remember previously. I'm not entirely sure why I chose Blaz Blue as a bench though. Part of it was a gamble, other part was maybe I was hoping for some kind of surprise.

Oh well, this is my 2nd time playing FAL so I guess practice makes perfect~

Also, still no air date yet for Pupa and it's near end of the month now.
Stark700Oct 27, 2013 5:34 PM
Oct 27, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, Magi really wasn't on my mind either, but the decision between IS and KnB was hard and knowing from myself how dedicated the KnB fans are I opted for that.

I always try to cut the PTW numbers for sequels in half, because in my experience that's somehow truthful. KnB and IS2 still qualified after that, but LB really only had the discussion posts (which are still a force to be reckoned with) and the element of hope on it's side.

Valvrave was on my mind too because it's not been long since the first season, but one of my friends with whom I discussed my choices convinced me that it's not gonna be that successful and I'm glad I listened.

Given the fact that after each FAL I swear to myself to not pick sequels anymore (they always look so much better pre-season, even the successful ones) it's kinda funny I ended up with 2 sequels again. It's so hard to ignore the raw numbers even when you know they're not representative.

As for BlazBlue, I definitely considered it, together with a lot of other shows that all seemed to have similar potential. I pegged KnB, Golden Time, Coppelion and Log Horizon for sure picks, Nagi no Asukara for the best remaining first week pick and LB for the bench to be safe. The last place on my starting team was simply a decison between 6 or more shows and ended up being STB via elimination process. Next season will put my hypothesis that it all comes down to airing in the first week or not to the test ^^.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 27, 2013 6:26 PM
Mar 2013
i can add my evidence to that hypothesis Higashi, the golden ratio seems to be 5 1st week shows and 2 2nd week shows, if you are feeling a bit of a gamble 4:3 is what i did last season with the best 2nd week show on the active and the 2 other 2nd week in bench. scamp and alot of others are displaying the real effects of a 3:4 ratio.

edit: i looked back at my spring season and my ratio was actually 5:2 as well, i just flubbed the start by putting Suisei no Gargantia on the bench because i thought it was too close to deadline, but what happened was the first 2 episodes got released early so it ended up being first week
joinedforFalOct 27, 2013 6:30 PM
Oct 27, 2013 6:33 PM
Mar 2013
i guess there will eventually be shows that buck the trend and will get the viewership no matter where it is, ala Watamote from summer that was second week had 20617 watching, on 2nd week scroring sunday of which Dangan ronpa had 22777 and free had 27005
Oct 27, 2013 6:46 PM
Mar 2013
what will always sadden me is this set of figures

watching for Uchouten Kazoku on week 13 summer 12488
watching for Nagi no Asakura on week 2 fall 16332
Oct 27, 2013 7:29 PM

Feb 2012
Up 7 to Top 30. Nice. Wished Coppelion would do a little better, but Top 30 is great. WOuld be nice to finish in the top 10.
Oct 27, 2013 8:13 PM

Aug 2012
89 (+16) Woo I'm in the top 100! xD
Oct 27, 2013 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
Raikenzera said:
Stark700 said:

Can't aim for the top, aim for the bottom. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Exactly!
Wecc said:

Oct 27, 2013 9:08 PM

Sep 2011
11 (+10) Top Ten next week, maybe? Please...
Oct 27, 2013 9:10 PM

Dec 2011
Stark700 said:

Only 19k people have finished season 1. That sort of drop is far from abnormal between completed season 1 and airing season 2. Kurobasu, which has the 19k views for its second season, has 51k completed season 1.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 28, 2013 12:14 AM

Feb 2009
Down 3 places. At this point I just want to place higher than my lowest FAL record. Top 50 is difficult but still doable.
And still tied with the other two guys. Week 9 will make or break this tie I guess, unless I can make use of one of my bench but that's unlikely at the moment.
Still pissed off that I didn't pick Golden Time. I read the source material for this but judged poorly on how MAL will receive it. Damn.
Oct 28, 2013 12:44 AM

Jan 2011
Looking forward to next week when my second bench swap takes effect. First time in this so I'll be happy with a top 100 finish and that looks doable, particularly when I actually can get my strongest five on the field. Only question is, am I confident enough in Log Horizon over Golden Time to make it the ace this week? It's tough when they are both going to have interesting episodes.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 28, 2013 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
85 (+10). =D
With this team, I don't think i'll swap anytime soon. =p
Oct 28, 2013 3:25 PM

Apr 2010
Went up two places again things are looking good slowly and steadily i am heading to the top.
Will take some time to get there tho might reach it next year after the competition is over.
Oct 29, 2013 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
-3...... Am I supposed to be disappointed? It's not really that much.
Nov 2, 2013 9:10 AM

Dec 2011
There are still 28 people with pupa on their active team.
Nov 3, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2008
-2 for rank 93. Seems I'm stuck in the 90's for now, though I'm glad to be in top 100.

EDIT:
I just realized that the schedule on the club page greatly confuses me, since according to it week 4 consisted of October 20-27 with week 5 consisting of October 27 - November 3. I've successfully been confused. @.@
mangastarNov 3, 2013 7:20 AM
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nov 3, 2013 8:41 AM

Dec 2011
mangastar said:
-2 for rank 93. Seems I'm stuck in the 90's for now, though I'm glad to be in top 100.

EDIT:
I just realized that the schedule on the club page greatly confuses me, since according to it week 4 consisted of October 20-27 with week 5 consisting of October 27 - November 3. I've successfully been confused. @.@

What's confusing about that?

More topics from this board

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (March 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Mar 1

6 by KarenShirotori »»
Mar 16, 5:37 PM

» Best Profile Design (February 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Mar 1

11 by DarkStarHarry »»
Mar 10, 8:29 PM

» Best Signature Design - February 2024 | Winners

Nate - Feb 29

7 by DarkStarHarry »»
Mar 10, 8:28 PM

» My MALentine Story 💌 3rd Edition: Voting Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Feb 11

1956 by wuo »»
Mar 9, 8:23 AM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - February 2024 | Voting

Nate - Feb 15

35 by Nate »»
Feb 29, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.