Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2013 4:57 PM

Jun 2011
@Steel_queen

She didn't became a witch, the incubator made an barrier to stop her soul gem to corrupt completely, so she became the closest thing to a witch, with the powers of a witch, but without beeing a witch

@Pipoko
in the part that homura and madoka are talking in a place full of flowers, and madoka tells that she doesn't want to go far away from her friends and familly
Nov 15, 2013 5:17 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Kuro55 said:
@Steel_queen

She didn't became a witch, the incubator made an barrier to stop her soul gem to corrupt completely, so she became the closest thing to a witch, with the powers of a witch, but without beeing a witch

Thank you, makes sense now.
Nov 15, 2013 5:51 PM
Jul 2013
Kitchiri said:
Lol original post deleted? I had my time writing post on staff interview OTL.

So in interview;
Plus, Iwakami said there is currently NO PLAN or PROJECT for the sequel.

Fuck, Urobutcher making a happy ending and he was denied? Fuck, me.
Nov 15, 2013 6:22 PM

Apr 2010
i love it and yes homura did the right thing Madoka has said she doesn't want to be forgotten
by the way now i have to rewatch the all 3 movie again
Nov 15, 2013 7:37 PM
Oct 2010
I don't even know how to feel about this. On one hand I really enjoyed it, but on the other I don't even lol. I have to give this a rewatch later down the line.
Nov 15, 2013 7:46 PM
Oct 2010
Steel_Queen said:
First of all, great visuals, didn't expect less from SHAFT.

I enjoyed the movie a lot and I loved what kind of character Homura turned into and her destiny. However, I still do not understand how she became a Witch to begin with, when the concept was totally foreign in the new world. Witches shouldn't exist after Godoka erased them, so how was it possible for Homura to turn into one? Unless I missed something.

She never actually removed witches, she merely "saved" the magical girls before they became one. Without her the witch process would continue as normal. Remember at the end of the series Homura tells Kyubeey about Madoka, even though he has no memories of her, he does say her existence is possible. That's why they have the experiment with Homura's soul gem.
Nov 15, 2013 10:52 PM
Nov 2012
From the Puella-Magi wiki:

Remember Homura's original wish? "I want to redo my meeting with Madoka. But this time, instead of her protecting me, I want to become strong enough to protect her!"

Originally it was interpreted as the wish that allowed Homura to travel back in time to redo her meeting with Madoka, it also meant that there was a role reversal with Homura becoming stronger and active while Madoka became a weaker character and took a more passive role. That was the original intent. However, with the new ending in "Rebellion", the meaning and purpose of Homura's wish takes a new role and it probably expands its meaning. If we consider the ending of the series, one can make the argument that Homura's wish was only partially fulfilled but that in the end it failed, because Homura failed to protect Madoka. Not only from stopping Madoka from becoming a Witch, but also from stopping her from taken the burden of becoming the concept of hope, as a result one can say that Homura's wish went unfulfilled and it was a failure. Until the end of "Rebellion" that is, in the movie we see that Homura's wish has finally come to its conclusion by allowing Homura to become a new entity whose role is to protect and guard Madoka's happiness, at the expense of the Law of Cycles and against Madoka's wishes. A clear proof that the role reversal is finally complete is when Madoka is introduced as a shy transfer student and Homura is now in charge of the infirmary, a complete reversal from the original series.

If one thinks about it, Kyubey has been done not by one but by two wishes!

You could say that Homura just did what Madoka asked her to do. The reason that Homura became a magical girl was because she wanted to protect Madoka. In the 2nd timeline, Madoka even asked her to stop her foolish self from becoming a magical girl. In the last timeline she failed, and Madoka became a god-like entity. At the end, Homura returns everything to 'normal' so kept her promise, more or less. Whatever reality looks like, Madoka is now safe from QB and from despair.

Because of this, I believe the original anime is thus only partially conclusive and that this ending to the movie, albeit darker and more selfish (thanks to Homura's choices) is an actual, conclusive ending.
Nov 15, 2013 11:14 PM
Oct 2010
It's not conclusive (they actually stated they wanted this ending to be open), but it's definitely explains homura's actions. That and of course the conversation Homura has the park/field w/e with Madoka, when she says that she doesn't want to go far away from them. From there Homura realizes that Madoka really did not want to become a goddess and this realization probably pushed her over the edge and made her decide to take drastic action.
Nov 15, 2013 11:51 PM

Nov 2009
Watched the movie in theaters yesterday, and I've got to say... I honestly have no words to describe what I'm feeling right now.

Other than the feelings, all I could say though is that Homura pretty much turned into some kind of selfless yandere. >w>
Nov 16, 2013 12:31 AM
Nov 2012
skudoops said:
It's not conclusive (they actually stated they wanted this ending to be open), but it's definitely explains homura's actions. That and of course the conversation Homura has the park/field w/e with Madoka, when she says that she doesn't want to go far away from them. From there Homura realizes that Madoka really did not want to become a goddess and this realization probably pushed her over the edge and made her decide to take drastic action.

It may be "open" in the sense that there could be a possible follow-up series, but the original series had an ending that was only partially conclusive, and this ending feels more 'conclusive' than the original in my opinion.

Homura's wish was to save Madoka, not the other way around. Her wish basically didn't come to fruition in the original series, but in this movie it does.
Nov 16, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2013
For me, this third installment was, hands-down, the best anime release of 2013. I know the ending was unsatisfying to some, and I won't leave a spoiler to convey my true thoughts about the ending, but if they decide to cut it off here right where it ended, then I'll still be perfectly content.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 16, 2013 1:48 AM
Oct 2009
skudoops said:

Is this really what Madoka meant to say?

She said, she wouldn't want to go too far away from her family and friends because that would make her said, but even as a goddess Madoka can still do that. Sure, she wouldn't be there as an actual person, but as a an omnipotent being who is still with them because she is anywhere at any given time. So she is not far away at all.

I see no contradiction with Madoka being a goddess and her words in the park, just a huge misunderstanding on Homuras part.
LeliaNov 16, 2013 1:54 AM
Nov 16, 2013 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
Raptor1221 said:
She is insane in both action and definition. She initially was selfless in her wish, but she became selfish as she went through the times lines.(...) the entire show is her vs QB with madoka as the prize and the other girls are the pieces.

Nov 16, 2013 2:24 AM
Nov 2012
I think Lelia is correct here, in that Madoka got what she wanted but Homura did not. Thus, Rebellion is about Homura getting what she wants, because she believes it's also what Madoka truly wanted.

Here's a summary of what happened from each character's perspective, and also why what Madoka said in the park is what she really wanted (and not necessarily what she wished for when she made her contract and became a principle of the universe):

Character_Perspectives
ExenevaNov 16, 2013 2:27 AM
Nov 16, 2013 2:37 AM

Oct 2008
I actually loved this movie.
Nov 16, 2013 2:46 AM
Nov 2012
For the people who watched the movie http://youtu.be/vvpYavUIqyU?t=1m5s
anyone else noticed how some scenes were different in the pv with other context?
what a trolls...
Nov 16, 2013 2:48 AM

Oct 2008
Exeneva said:
Rebellion is about Homura getting what she wants, because she believes it's also what Madoka truly wanted.

That's exactly it, it's about what Homura wants... believing it's also what Madoka wants. Believing.
Nov 16, 2013 2:54 AM

Apr 2010
Lelia said:
skudoops said:

She said, she wouldn't want to go too far away from her family and friends because that would make her said, but even as a goddess Madoka can still do that. Sure, she wouldn't be there as an actual person, but as a an omnipotent being who is still with them because she is anywhere at any given time. So she is not far away at all.

I see no contradiction with Madoka being a goddess and her words in the park, just a huge misunderstanding on Homuras part.

but your forget that everybody forget her
what use she be there if nobody reminded her !!
so yes homura did the right thing it was the only way to fulfill here wishes
Nov 16, 2013 3:47 AM

Oct 2008
baltazak said:

Not quite.
Nov 16, 2013 4:22 AM

Apr 2010
Yakuri said:
baltazak said:

Not quite.

Nov 16, 2013 6:58 AM
Jul 2009
Yakuri said:
Not quite.

You're forgetting Madoka's family and non-magical friends. If Madoka is to be believed, it was painful to part with them and see them forget about her. She couldn't have been happy that way.

I do agree that what Homura did wasn't exactly the "right thing." She's trying to give Madoka some happiness, but Madoka makes it clear she believes duty comes first than her own happiness. Homura is aware of all this though. There's no delusion about what she's doing. She knows is wrong, but she will follow through on her decision nonetheless and try to make her happy for as long as she can.

Than been said, I feel that Homura didn't have much of choice anyway. QB was still a threat to Madoka and Homura needed to deal with him somehow. Becoming the "Devil" was probably the only way she found to deal the little critter.
1idd0kunNov 16, 2013 7:02 AM
Nov 16, 2013 8:44 AM

Jun 2009
Apparently extreme lesbianism can corrupt a soul gem and turn a mahou shoujo into a supreme being far greater than a God. Okay.
Nov 16, 2013 9:17 AM
Oct 2010
Lelia said:
skudoops said:

The realization by Homura is that Madoka did not want to be a WANT to be a goddess, but merely that she had the courage to be one because she thought it was the right thing to do. That's why Homura said she should have used all her means to try to stop her.

There isn't a contradiction there, Madoka is simply stating her true feelings about the subject.
Nov 16, 2013 9:50 AM
Oct 2010
baltazak said:
Yakuri said:
baltazak said:

Not quite.

GD1551Nov 16, 2013 10:19 AM
Nov 16, 2013 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
Pipoko said:

In which part of the movie was it mentioned that Madoka didn't want to turn into the goddess, again?

In the flower scene where Madoka is braiding Homura's hair.
Nov 16, 2013 12:45 PM
Dec 2011
shame it didnt give many memorable scenes you can re-watch without getting tired
Nov 16, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2011
That Homura vs Mami fight was so sick. Wow what a ending too. Any loved the show, loved the movies, thank you folks at Shaft for putting this together.
VioLinkNov 18, 2013 12:41 AM
[center]
Nov 16, 2013 4:38 PM

Oct 2008
1idd0kun said:
You're forgetting Madoka's family and non-magical friends. If Madoka is to be believed, it was painful to part with them and see them forget about her. She couldn't have been happy that way.

I do agree that what Homura did wasn't exactly the "right thing." She's trying to give Madoka some happiness, but Madoka makes it clear she believes duty comes first than her own happiness. Homura is aware of all this though. There's no delusion about what she's doing. She knows is wrong, but she will follow through on her decision nonetheless and try to make her happy for as long as she can.

Than been said, I feel that Homura didn't have much of choice anyway. QB was still a threat to Madoka and Homura needed to deal with him somehow. Becoming the "Devil" was probably the only way she found to deal the little critter.

YakuriNov 16, 2013 4:44 PM
Nov 16, 2013 4:43 PM

Oct 2008
Susser said:
shame it didnt give many memorable scenes you can re-watch without getting tired

Nov 16, 2013 5:20 PM

Nov 2013
OK, firstly I want to say, hi - this is my first post after all - secondly, enormous thanks for spoiling big plot twist ! Some people apparently don't know how to use spoiler tags... Is this really so hard to give your opinion on the movie without spoiling it for the others? Fortunately, I only read one, single thing about this one character - so far I don't know why she did what she did, and how she did it, so I'm not completely spoiled.

But thakns to this spoiler I already have ambivalent feelings about this movie - movie that I didn't seen yet. On the one hand I'm little surprised that some people are dead set against this one person essentially turning to the dark side. For me at least, PMMM was mainly about simple fact that "road to hell is paved with good intentions" and that most heroes, are tragic heroes. So this plot twist seems to fit nicely with main theme of the show. In fact this movie seems to have few things that made show good: thought provoking themes, plot twist and character development. On the other hand I don't like entire concept of the devil. I agree with this lady, who said that Devil Is a Boring Bad Guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFwurmKW-z4
Thing that really made me like PMMM was it's moral ambiguity - only Madoka Kaname can be considered a Mary Sue ,other characters weren't either good or evil and they were posing a moral dilemmas. Look at Kyubey - you can have endless debate about his morality, after all he was doing bad things for good reason: do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?, can you judge an alien by human standards?, what is more important: reason or emotions? etc. This same can be said about the girls - none of them were bad, they were just misguided: naive and full of good intentions, yet jealous and selfish at the same time. Compared to this this devil seems to be extremely boring and one dimensional. I don't like moral absolutes in fiction, and we already have pink haired goddess, who can do no wrong. Do we really need the devil, to make Madoka's world even more black and white?

So I have few questions for you guys. Without spoilers tell me: is the devil portrayed as one dimensional and inherently evil or is this person simply misguided and pitiful? Do you feel sorry for this person can you have sympathy for the devil? Are there any shades of grey in Madoka's world now, or is this pure good and evil conflict ? Do you think that transformation into the devil was handled well, do you think that it was believable or if it was contrived and out of character? I ask for opinion of people who seen the movie, and not just read some spoilers.
Nov 16, 2013 5:26 PM

Apr 2013
WOW
SHE SAID IT
SHE SAID IT
IT TOOK 12 EPS AND 3 MOVIES BUT SHE SAID IT AT LEAST
YEAH
What's with this ending though.. It depresses me a lot wow...
Wow..
Nov 16, 2013 5:41 PM
Oct 2010
Tachikoma1701 said:
I ask for opinion of people who seen the movie, and not just read some spoilers.

Her comparison to the "devil" isn't a good vs evil thing. The reason she is considered to represent the devil is very different to what you probably think it is. Also, this is an episode discussion thread, obviously spoilers are going to be going around like crazy, I avoided this thread until I saw the movie.
Nov 16, 2013 6:18 PM

Oct 2008
Good to know that anime can have me sitting on the edge of my seat still.
Been apathetic to anime lately since there haven't been any good stories.

Rebellion delivered.
Homura is such a boss.
Nov 16, 2013 8:10 PM

Oct 2008
Tachikoma1701 said:
So I have few questions for you guys. Without spoilers tell me: is the devil portrayed as one dimensional and inherently evil or is this person simply misguided and pitiful? Do you feel sorry for this person can you have sympathy for the devil? Are there any shades of grey in Madoka's world now, or is this pure good and evil conflict ? Do you think that transformation into the devil was handled well, do you think that it was believable or if it was contrived and out of character? I ask for opinion of people who seen the movie, and not just read some spoilers.

There's no evil or demon. The following does have spoiler so read at your own choice as to why I think so, but it really is not the kind of devil or "good vs evil" that you think. Also, if you're so impatient to come to the movie discussion thread then expect spoilers in some degree. Get the camrip and pay legitimately for it later if you wanna watch it now.

Omniknight said:
Rebellion delivered.
Homura is such a boss.

I don't understand people who didn't like it, I think it was pretty freaking sweet too. Homura is boss is boss is boss indeed :D
YakuriNov 16, 2013 8:14 PM
Nov 16, 2013 8:26 PM
Oct 2010
xLastSighAMV said:
I only have one thing to say about this movie.
IT IS FINALLY FUCKING DONE
Now, please shaft, focus on something more important than milking money out of popular series, like... well i don't know... making Kizumonogatari maybe?

Isn't that essentially milking money out of a popular series as well? Madoka and Monogatari are SHAFT's two biggest franchises.
Nov 16, 2013 11:56 PM

Jan 2008
Exeneva said:
It may be "open" in the sense that there could be a possible follow-up series, but the original series had an ending that was only partially conclusive, and this ending feels more 'conclusive' than the original in my opinion.

Are you kidding me. The TV-series ending might have been somewhat bittersweet in the sense that Homura technically failed... but then again, not really. She did protect Madoka. She did "save her before she was deceived by Kyubey" which was exactly wht Madoka asked her to do. Madoka then proceeded to realize the potential that had been set up for her through the entire series to completely screw over the completely twisted system Kyubey had set up and creating a better world where there actually was a light at the end of the tunnel for the MGs where before there was none. And then Homura continues the fight in that new world, honoring Madoka's memory. There was no need for a continuation. At all. Ever. This on the other hand? Between Sayaka's implications that Homura's new world is horribly unstable, Homura's own claims that she and Madoka will probably become enemies due to their clashing ideologies, and the fact that Madoka technically still has all her powers only they're being suppressed, which then points to the very distinct possibility that sooner or later she will regain control of those powers and remember who she is... There is literally nothing conclusive about this ending. That said... I honestly feel, again, that a continuation would only cheapen it, because I don't see how they can possibly actually develop this premise and keep it interesting for very long. They've essentially elevated the scope of the story to such a ridiculous level that there is hardly any way left of keeping up with it.

ihateeveryone said:
>Everyone says that Homura did what she did just because she wanted to take away Madoka for herself and that it was selfish and shit
>Its fucking revealed that Madoka didn't want to become an existence that no one could remember and that she was scared and that even if she stayed in Goddess form its likely that Kyuubey would've continued to seek her out until he was able to control Madoka's power

Maybe try idk watching the movie

Do keep in mind that the Madoka who said that had no memory of her previous ascension to godhood and all that related stuff. As far as she was concerned, she was just a normal Magical Girl fighting against bad dreams in a preposterously saccharine world.
Oh yeah, and it also bears mentioning that those claims blatantly contradict what she said in episode 12, where she made that wish being fully aware of the consequences and stated that she was perfectly fine with them, if it meant saving everyone. Oh and the way she phrases it here in the movie is that she isn't "brave enough" to do something like that. Again, completely going against her statements in the series.

1idd0kun said:

You know, again I'm gonna have to bring back the old "Nothing in the movie to back up that claim"-thing. I realize that this makes me seem like I'm unwilling to accept anything that isn't spelled out, which is not the case at all, but I'd say Homura's interactions with, well... everyone she interacts with post-Devilification, contradict this theory. Notice how through her conversation with Kyubey, she's basically just mocking him from start to finish and gloating about how much better she is than him and how he could never even comprehend her reasons for doing what she just did and, oh, she's gonna keep him around because she still has use for him (even though she could TOTALLY just wipe him out of existence, I presume is the implication here)... Now, you'd think that if her motivation was to protect Madoka from Kyubey, she might have brought that up too... Then there's her conversation with Sayaka afterwards, where she lays on the evilness so thick that I can't even imagine any way she could come off as more obviously evil than she is, even basically going all "Hmmm, destroy the universe you say? Sure, that might be fun. Come back after you've killed all of the Wraiths (which we all know will never happen) and then we can be enemies, 'kay?"
Now, admittedly Homura has been known to withhold information that could admittedly be helpful on several occasions before ("So yeah, your friend Mami just died. Remember that this is what happens when you become a Magical Girl. Oh and also witches are just Magical Girls who have succumbed to despair so unless you don't want to become the very thing that just murdered your friend you might wanna cut your ties with Kyubey forever, 'kay?" <- Helpful bit of info that might have potentially prevented Sayaka from making a contract and meeting a horrible end in the show) but see, protecting Madoka from Kyubey... That's a perfectly sound and logical justification, and if she really had such a good reason, I can't see any reason why she would rather go and put on a freaking Satan-act rather than just telling Sayaka (who, mind you, still remembered what happened at the time) why she'd done it.
Nov 17, 2013 12:26 AM

Jun 2013
Amazing film.
Became instantly one of my top 3 favorite anime films along with Eva 3.0 and End of Eva.
Nov 17, 2013 12:44 AM
Nov 2013
This is just eating me inside. I had to create an account to ask.

So I read a fairly vague review but then I saw an image concerning

How much did I screw myself? If anyone could reply in a spoiler free manner, just in case :) Much appreciated
Nov 17, 2013 2:27 AM
Nov 2012
Vegard_Aune said:
There is literally nothing conclusive about this ending.

I stopped caring about your opinion here. I understand you may be upset about it, but there's no reason to use a phrase like 'are you kidding me' as a response to my own interpretation of the ending, and then present your interpretation and say there is 0% conclusion in this film.

The film is emotionally heavy and thinking about it can be emotionally heavy. Please calm down.

EDIT: I just want to point out something already mentioned in this thread as a sort of follow-up. Madoka makes her wish at the end of the original series because she believes it is her duty and the best thing she can do. However, duty and best possible choice do not coincide with what she necessarily would have wanted, which is probably to live a good life with her friends and family. This is what she reveals to Homura in the movie, and although she does not explicitly say this in the original series, it can easily be inferred that she made her decision at the end because she felt she had to and not because she wanted to.
Nov 17, 2013 2:58 AM

Nov 2013
AoNoise said:
This is just eating me inside. I had to create an account to ask.

So I read a fairly vague review but then I saw an image concerning...
How much did I screw myself? If anyone could reply in a spoiler free manner, just in case :) Much appreciated

Ha, I have this same problem actually, but at least I don't know how and why she become this devil like figure. So, not all is lost. :)

Yakuri said:
There's no evil or demon. The following does have spoiler so read at your own choice as to why I think so, but it really is not the kind of devil or "good vs evil" that you think. Also, if you're so impatient to come to the movie discussion thread then expect spoilers in some degree. Get the camrip and pay legitimately for it later if you wanna watch it now.

Well, all I'm saying is that people should use spoiler tags before posting key plot details. That's why spoiler tag were invented right? As for watching it legally I'm afraid that I don't have this option at all. In my country you can buy manga based on TV show but you can only watch TV show on the internet - I've seen it on youtube and really like it. So I will probably be forced to watch movie illegally. But I'm waiting for good quality copy with english subtitles and don't want to be spoiled before I've seen it. I only want to know if movie was any good or not?

I didn't read your spoilers, but thanks for letting me know that this whole "devil" thing is not so black and white as it seems to be. I'm still somewhat concerned but I don't think that TV show need a continuation, since it is self contained, so if movie is bad I can at least pretend that show's ending was definitive ending. Anyway, thanks for replying.
Tachikoma1701Nov 17, 2013 4:48 AM
Nov 17, 2013 4:57 AM

Jan 2008
Exeneva said:
Vegard_Aune said:
There is literally nothing conclusive about this ending.

I stopped caring about your opinion here. I understand you may be upset about it, but there's no reason to use a phrase like 'are you kidding me' as a response to my own interpretation of the ending, and then present your interpretation and say there is 0% conclusion in this film.

Well see, had you just said that this was an interesting ending, I would not have reacted in such a manner... My problem is that 1: You claimed the TV-series ending wasn't conclusive, 2: This movie's ending wraps everything up in a satisfying manner, and 3: The movie's ending was MORE conclusive than the show's. And I don't merely disagree with those claims... they are quite literally POLAR OPPOSITES of what I think. Especially that last one. Heck, the movie ended the way it did specifically because Shinbo wanted an ending that left the door open for a continuation. It's intentionally inconclusive, for goodness' sake.
Nov 17, 2013 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
Homura vs Mami is awesome! Did the ribbon turn invisible or they just didnt want to animate it?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Nov 17, 2013 9:40 AM
Oct 2010
ernst said:
Homura vs Mami is awesome! Did the ribbon turn invisible or they just didnt want to animate it?

I'd imagine it was invisible, that'd make more sense.
Nov 17, 2013 9:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ok this film didn't really develop the way I thought it would, but that was probably for the best. Humura vs Mami was pretty sick, and the last 30-40 mins were definitely backstabbing galore, really cool to see. Overall I wouldn't say it was as good as the original series, but close enough to be a worthy successor to the throne.

Yandere Homura moe
HaXXspettenNov 17, 2013 10:17 AM
Nov 17, 2013 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
I rewatched the last 20 minutes, now I think I understand a little more why Homura did that.
But could someone be kind enough to tell me why did she need QB? ._. I'm kind of lost.
Nov 17, 2013 10:40 AM
Nov 2012
Vegard_Aune said:

Well see, had you just said that this was an interesting ending, I would not have reacted in such a manner... My problem is that 1: You claimed the TV-series ending wasn't conclusive,

I said the original series ending was only partially conclusive. This is because I felt like Homura really didn't succeed and because Madoka made her decision at the end out of duty. Remember that the whole reason why Madoka had such infinite potential in the first place is because Homura kept going back in time and increasing the amount of karmic threads intersecting with Madoka's life.

Vegard_Aune said:

2: This movie's ending wraps everything up in a satisfying manner, and 3: The movie's ending was MORE conclusive than the show's.

Homura is my favorite character in the series, and I believe the film ending did wrap things up better than the original, although the original ending is still great.
Nov 17, 2013 11:20 AM

Jun 2012
The original ending doesn't really fit to the Madoka Series, because the series heavily builds on a concept many call "the first law of equivalent exchange". The whole Madoka series is about trading one thing for another and most of the times it isn't very clear, if this new situation is better or worse, because it allows the series to be more dramatic.
Madoka and Homura were bound from the beginning to suffer and all their action with each other just reinforced this bound. They were never supposed to be happy.
That is for example the reason I like the ending: Homura now has Madoka back in the form she got to know her, but in exchange became her enemy.
Another thing is the role reversal. Episode 10 of the series is the best example and the movie does it again.
So I can't really picture, why Urobuchi wanted to have a nice/good ending, which wouldn't continue the series as she was, especially an ending, which ends the series. I met him personally in July and actually this is the 2th time I am not happy with him.
ChepriNov 17, 2013 5:28 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Nov 17, 2013 1:22 PM
Oct 2010
Chokko said:
I rewatched the last 20 minutes, now I think I understand a little more why Homura did that.
But could someone be kind enough to tell me why did she need QB? ._. I'm kind of lost.

They never expanded on that. It's quite possible she just wants to torment him for all he has done.
Nov 17, 2013 2:53 PM

May 2013
Another proof on how yandere really is the worst kind of "personality" ever.
Nov 17, 2013 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
Kyube said:
Madoka and Homura were bound from the beginning to suffer and all their action with each other just reinforced this bound. They were never supposed to be happy.

Madoka not only ceased to exist as a human being as a result of her wish, but was literally forgotten by the entire universe except Homura, with the entire rest of reality only having a vague concept of someone like that maybe having been around at some point somehow. Meanwhile Homura went through, according to Urobuchi, about a hundred repetitions of the same one-month timespan, failing her mission every single time and even by the end it's debatable whether she ever truly saved Madoka or not... Before then being thrust into the new reality without her, being the only one who remembers her, and still having to spend the rest of her existence fighting against the personification of despair and hopelessness. The original ending really wasn't all that happy, they really only went from one sucky situation to one that was marginally less sucky and had some promise of a reward at the end of it all. Maybe.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

» Series spoiler! Is the movie somehow related to the tv series?

Alfreda02 - Sep 23, 2022

11 by daibayuus »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.