Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2009 10:36 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's was basically just a episode to clear up some stuff. No we know that the filth monsters that reproduce are much much weaker. So we know the one they fought in the first episode was considerable stronger. Which is why Layfon was able to take out the other one by himself in episode 5.

Tho I hate on how it dragged the letter getting to Layfon thru out the whole entire episode.

But it seems that Layfon is getting a dite that is probably properly tuned better to his abilities and it's not to shabby looking either.

Not any wow action or whatever. Tho you can see a slight harem between Felli, Meichi to Layfon(Me personally wouldn't want to see a romance there tho, even tho everyone likes Felli I don't rly do). And Nina is gonna end up striving for power later on. It's a episode I'd rate at 3/5 since it reasoned out somethings.
Feb 16, 2009 11:28 AM

Oct 2008
well, i thought the episode was ok as well. I only fear that Leifon will build himself a huge harem, not really what i wanna see in an anime like this. Deems like next episode will have some decent action though.
I was very relieved that they didn't have a shitty engrish part at the beginning and very annoyed when it suddenly appeared in the middle. I mean, wtf is that all about. Get some native speakers or do it in japanese, seriously

Feb 16, 2009 12:11 PM

Nov 2007
seemed naruki is gonna end up liking him inviting more trouble. still would like to see him get closer to Nina. also kinda dissapointed how nobody wanted to give him the letter then we didn't even get to see what it was about.
Feb 16, 2009 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
Yay! Harem is good but Felli is overkill! MOAR FELLI!

Behold:

Once again, random engrish..
Feb 16, 2009 12:55 PM

Apr 2008
The only thing I get from the engrish-part is, that the girl Sae is the one the queen saw in Leerin's eyes in episode 2 or 3 I think.

Harem incoming. Felli, Meicchi and Leerin are in and I bet Nina will join it later on. ;)
Feb 16, 2009 1:45 PM

Jun 2008
They seriously should explain these confusing engrish parts.
It looks like Layfon will get a badass sword in the next episode.
Feb 16, 2009 3:09 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was kinda boring, but at least they explained filth monsters.

Looks like next episode might be action packed, with new sword and new monster. Hopefully it does happen.
Also, Felli is so cute, damn...

Nina is getting more and more annoying, and that's not good since I really liked her at ep1,2.
Feb 16, 2009 3:33 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode, but not particularly exciting either.
The captain has to get over herself really quickly though. I'm getting tired of her whiny, diva attitude just because she isn't the strongest member of the team anymore. She seriously needs to start acting like a leader instead of a big baby.
Feb 16, 2009 3:55 PM

Oct 2008
The Grendan letter passing was plain lame..

Once again, Felli has those cute moments..
Feb 16, 2009 4:12 PM

Oct 2008
The episodes just don't feel complete without random engrish now.

Feb 16, 2009 4:58 PM

Feb 2008
Iazrien said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's was basically just a episode to clear up some stuff. No we know that the filth monsters that reproduce are much much weaker. So we know the one they fought in the first episode was considerable stronger. Which is why Layfon was able to take out the other one by himself in episode 5.

Tho I hate on how it dragged the letter getting to Layfon thru out the whole entire episode.

But it seems that Layfon is getting a dite that is probably properly tuned better to his abilities and it's not to shabby looking either.

Not any wow action or whatever. Tho you can see a slight harem between Felli, Meichi to Layfon(Me personally wouldn't want to see a romance there tho, even tho everyone likes Felli I don't rly do). And Nina is gonna end up striving for power later on. It's a episode I'd rate at 3/5 since it reasoned out somethings.

haha i think the letter was just a side show. although it might have some significance later.

it must be tough to be the envy of everyone while needed by everyone.

Felli trying to cook was just rich.
Feb 16, 2009 7:29 PM
Aug 2008
Lorizean said:
well, i thought the episode was ok as well. I only fear that Leifon will build himself a huge harem, not really what i wanna see in an anime like this.

The weird thing is, most harem shows annoy me because the girls in question would seek out a more impressive guy. I am unimpressed when a show features a loser who gets a harem of sexy girls who all accidentally fall on top of him as they run out of the bath.

In real life, guys who are celebrities for some reason (e.g. basketball star, ultra-rich stock broker, etc.) really do tend to attract multiple women who try for romance.

In this show, a harem is entirely appropriate, because Layfon truly is the most important combatant in the entire city. Everyone wants his superheroic combat skills. It would be unrealistic if most girls *didn't* make a pass at him.

The difference from most harem shows is that the girls all have different styles. The blonde captain wants to be his superior and his lover, the brunette wants to pack him Love Wife Lunches until he marries her, Felli wants him to love her passionately. I'd say that's fairly realistic.

Hey, at least the journalist-girl isn't mad about him. Also the magenta-haired police chick just wants him to help her like a big brother; I don't think she wants any romance with him. The show would be better if there were a few more attractive men who managed to get romance without being superheroic combat-stars.

I love the sniper character playing around with paired pistols.
Feb 16, 2009 7:39 PM

Jun 2007
lawl gotta love the snipper guy being a Gunkata artist. For those of you wondering what Gunkata is watch this clip from Equilibrium which explains it in detail. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tINWl0gzQWI
Feb 16, 2009 8:09 PM
Aug 2008
kisami said:

Felli trying to cook was just rich.

I like the way that Felli has a human side to counterbalance her ultra-powerful psychic abilities.

Actually, Felli might be the most developed character in the whole series. Felli can be moody, childish, dignified, ultra-psychic, jealous -- she's got an emotional range, she's got depth. The next-best-developed is the hero. He can be shy and humble, and he can kick butt. Everybody else is pretty one-dimensional in comparison.
Feb 16, 2009 9:56 PM

Aug 2008
Layfon's score was huge compared to the rest.

I liked this episode, no action but informative.
Feb 16, 2009 10:16 PM

Nov 2007
I was getting really angry in this episode. How dare Mei or any of the other girls even think about opening Layfon's letter just because they like him/he "doesn't talk much about his past"? That's beyond rude, I wanted to slap them all. The whole way through I was all SOMEONE GIVE HIM THE FUCKING LETTER ALREADY. D:

Thank god that's over, even though we never found out what was written in it. That's probably next ep.
Feb 16, 2009 10:24 PM

Sep 2007
yamakasi said:
I was getting really angry in this episode. How dare Mei or any of the other girls even think about opening Layfon's letter just because they like him/he "doesn't talk much about his past"? That's beyond rude, I wanted to slap them all. The whole way through I was all SOMEONE GIVE HIM THE FUCKING LETTER ALREADY. D:

Thank god that's over, even though we never found out what was written in it. That's probably next ep.

I was pretty annoyed when Mei was looking through his mail too. Seriously, I would've bitchslapped that ho if I found out she was looking through my mail.

Nina is still on her "zomg i wil b totly strungar" acidtrip. She needs to get it in her head that she's not going to surpass an ex-Heaven Knight anytime soon, if ever. I'm going to have to say Felli is just getting more lulz and moe each episode. I lol'd at her cooking and wanting to kick Layfon but noticed he was holding a knife.

And the engrish scenes... the engrish... THE ENGRISH. CANNOT UNHEAR.
Feb 16, 2009 11:56 PM
Mar 2008
Cooking with Felli was great, sucks that we didn't get to see what was in the letter since it took up a lot of the episode, and happy that the engrish was short.
Feb 18, 2009 12:31 PM
Nov 2007
Somehow the three girls are pkinda annoying me, as well as the letter thing annoyed me.

Steting that aside, it was a nice episode, though imo I feel like it was kinda unimportant.... ._.

Only Engrish was win. Especially the scene when the driving woman draws out the guns and completely needlessly shows of with them instead of just giving them and keeping ahold of the stupid steering wheel.^^
Feb 18, 2009 9:33 PM

Sep 2008
So basically.. the engrish is getting on my nerves, I can understand that this "Saya" is the girl the queen saw in her eyes in episode 3. Anyone else get the idea that Layfon leaving the heaven's blades, his so called failure down that path would have something to do with her?
Just a random question, but in episode 2, Layfon's kei was orange when he clearly referenced when it was blue it was weak. Why does it seem like all I see from him now is that "weak colored kei?

And another thing, about time he get's a better looking dite!

Feb 18, 2009 10:24 PM

Sep 2008
i'm really enjoying this series and the direction its taking.

Btw people stop saying they engrish is stupid and that they shouldn't have done it. do you forget this wasen't made for you to watched subbed over the web? it was made for the japanese anime community. To them it won't seem so crappy and stupid. Personally im quite interest in how those scenes will connect with the story and i think its quite unique to have some characters speaking in english.
Feb 18, 2009 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
The whole Nina-sulking-being-butthurt about not being stronger than Layfon througout the episode annoyed me, though at the end she somewhat redeemed herself. A little. The letter thing was a bit ridiculous, hopefully we'll find out what was written at some point. To put it basically: Meichii also annoys me, as well as everyone depending on Layfon (I understand why, but still), but I'd like to know more about the Grenden side and Layfon/Sharnid's pasts.
It's only been six episodes so I still have hope.
Mar 30, 2009 3:07 AM

Jan 2008
So....Nina is pissed that she isn't strong as Layfon? Come on, hold old is she?
Apr 12, 2009 8:20 PM

Feb 2009
The annoying thing is that side story in English!
Well this a meh episode anyway.
Apr 30, 2009 10:53 PM

Jun 2008
aero said:
So....Nina is pissed that she isn't strong as Layfon? Come on, hold old is she?

Actually is not as simple as that. She is more pissed on how depended on Layfon they are and especially her self. She would like to know that she can pull through for her team even with out Layfon and she sees that the way things are going the others including her are just gone sit there and wait for Layfon to save them every time. That is why she is pissed.
She doesn't want to be stuck there screaming Layfon every time a monster appears. She is obviously a little more ambitious than the usual shy, big breast cooking girl at the corner and i see nothing wrong with it.

Felli trying to cook is one of those moments we find in lot's of anime like the maid cafe she did in epi04 but she is cute and beautiful and we always enjoy it.

And OMG annoying people complaining about English every single time. Bush talked even worse and he was the president for most of you. So shut up. Really if we compare it to other anime is probably the best English i have heard until now.
MonadMay 19, 2009 12:37 PM
May 31, 2011 9:08 PM

Jul 2010
Kvakond said:
Yay! Harem is good but Felli is overkill! MOAR FELLI!

Behold:

Once again, random engrish..

i just love these moments with her. lol
Wasabi said:
yamakasi said:

I was pretty annoyed when Mei was looking through his mail too. Seriously, I would've bitchslapped that ho if I found out she was looking through my mail.

Nina is still on her "zomg i wil b totly strungar" acidtrip. She needs to get it in her head that she's not going to surpass an ex-Heaven Knight anytime soon, if ever. I'm going to have to say Felli is just getting more lulz and moe each episode. I lol'd at her cooking and wanting to kick Layfon but noticed he was holding a knife.

And the engrish scenes... the engrish... THE ENGRISH. CANNOT UNHEAR.

i agree with all the statements here, though the part with wanthing to kill them becuz of the letter might be a bit too extreme for me, lol

Dynama78 said:
Just a random question, but in episode 2, Layfon's kei was orange when he clearly referenced when it was blue it was weak. Why does it seem like all I see from him now is that "weak colored kei?

well he's trying to handicap himself on purpose, he doesnt really want to let himself know that he was a former super seven for the queen (i think thats what they are) among other things
supermegasonicMay 31, 2011 9:14 PM

Oct 11, 2011 12:53 PM

Feb 2010
noteDhero said:
Not a bad episode, but not particularly exciting either.
The captain has to get over herself really quickly though. I'm getting tired of her whiny, diva attitude just because she isn't the strongest member of the team anymore. She seriously needs to start acting like a leader instead of a big baby.

agreed the letter passing and not getting to him was a bit annoying after a while but okay. Yea the captains attitude is getting really annoying liked her in the first few episodes but not anymore.
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 8, 2012 12:39 AM

Sep 2011
Maaaannnn I just love Felli, she is just so cute! :D
Jan 21, 2014 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
This ep was ok.Not fantastic but not bad at all.Just don't turn this show into a harem.
May 29, 2014 1:15 AM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't want to be put in the same squad as Nina. Sulking because the newcomer is stronger than her? The 16th platoon's leader was right, she's only thinking about herself.

Mei needs to be eaten by filth monsters. Looking through other people's mail and stealing them? Wow what a nice girl.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 23, 2014 8:27 PM

Feb 2013
Felli still had a score of over 500k. It would have been more amusing if it was closer to zero.

Zuellni trying to open the letter was cute.
Mar 16, 2015 9:18 PM

May 2014
CUT Yourself and DIE NINA FAKING BITCH. Unimportant that she's feeling down, didn't feel a thing for her, NO1 CARES BITCH. Hope shes fades, away from the story, but that doesn't seem likely. haha.

I'm not here to watch a side character, albeit shitty one, grow strong. I'm here to discover whether or not ALseif Layfon will find out what he really wants to be. No1 cares about ur fucking moody shit Nina.
_Dazzle_Mar 16, 2015 9:32 PM
May 8, 2015 7:47 PM

Apr 2015
yamakasi said:

OMG i totally get it what you said. All these girls acting like teenagers just because they are interested in Layfon. Once again i liked Nina's attitude and she did the right thing and delivered the letter in person to Layfon. Nice job Nina hahaha
Jul 7, 2015 3:24 AM

Dec 2013
xchee said:
I wouldn't want to be put in the same squad as Nina. Sulking because the newcomer is stronger than her? The 16th platoon's leader was right, she's only thinking about herself.

Mei needs to be eaten by filth monsters. Looking through other people's mail and stealing them? Wow what a nice girl.

Last I checked, "looking through someones mail" actually constituted "looking through their mail". Not looking at the envelope to see who it's to and who it's from, since the letter seemed to have either been delivered to wrong address/mailbox, or delivered along with other peoples mail to a public or dorm mailbox.

Let us also ignore the fact that when she became curious and wanted to take a peak at what the letter's contents were, she ultimately didn't go through with it, and afterwards even tried to get the letter to him. Lets also ignore Mayshen trying to deliver the letter to him as well.

If all of that somehow counts "Looking through other people's mail and stealing them" as you put, then fuck me, I've committed multiple offenses. At least according to you.
Kuro_YuukiJul 7, 2015 3:32 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 27, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
A bit of a frustrating episode.
He's strong... but getting pushed around like that is a bit irritating.
More so than that, Nina and Mayshen gang are also very stress inducing.
Damn they can't even return a single letter.. how rude of them.
Nina should get some therapy for her lame attitude..?
Seems like she hasn't learn from the last attack.
Felli is the only one that can heal me. <3
Mar 24, 2016 3:33 PM
May 2010
Zuellni is the cutest character in this show, hands down.
Jun 19, 2020 1:30 PM
Apr 2018
you know stealing and embezzlement of a letter is a crime not a fellony, also a pretty bitch move and it is poorly explained to why she does that in the first place
Oct 30, 2020 8:07 PM
Nov 2014
Thank you Nina for delivering the letter and being the only decent girl in this show full of retarded girls
Jun 16, 2023 8:31 PM

May 2021
I'm still at early part of ep 6 haven't finished this ep yet but I hate people that hide others' letter. It's the same like hiding people's parcel. The sender highly hope their letter will reach the other person. There's a trust behind that letter and you betray it! Ughhhhh! Is this show trying to make me hate that purple-haired girl and Felli or something? I'm too mad about this episode that Nina's slump on being weaker than the newbie can get away for a moment from my head.
tinker3bellz1Jun 16, 2023 8:53 PM

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 20, 2009

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.