Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2009 8:39 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I streamed this episode live from Japan so I can't tell much from the low quality.

I can only tell that a mirror of some sort is used.

Next time, I'll just wait for the subs.....

Screenshot:
Feb 16, 2009 11:14 AM

Feb 2009
It's already out now subbed.

It was a good episode. ^^ Natsume realises he'd be lonely without seeing youkai, which is totally different from the beginning of the anime and I think it's good he finally relised he liked them.

Taki would be a good match for Natsume I think. =)
Feb 16, 2009 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
natsumextaki

i really hope taki is going to be a somewhat active character from now on. i really like her lol "omg....hes so cuuuuuuttteeee!!! i just want to hold him >.< but NO i must resist!!"

if taki turns out to be one of those other characters (extremely minor) im going to be sad even worse if theres absolutely no romance between them!!!
at least taki needs to have a crush on natsume lol
Feb 16, 2009 3:37 PM

Feb 2008
ChinesePanda said:
natsumextaki

i really hope taki is going to be a somewhat active character from now on. i really like her lol "omg....hes so cuuuuuuttteeee!!! i just want to hold him >.< but NO i must resist!!"

if taki turns out to be one of those other characters (extremely minor) im going to be sad even worse if theres absolutely no romance between them!!!
at least taki needs to have a crush on natsume lol

totally agree, much better match for him than the other girl. but honestly i don't think it'll happen. everyone in this series is a minor character except for Natsume and Madara.

kinda wished she'd lost control and tried to hug Madara, would have liked to have seen his reaction XD
Feb 16, 2009 4:13 PM

Aug 2008
This was such a good episode. They dealt with the atmosphere so well that I was worried just what was going to happen. Madara staying in his form so he would know for sure when Natsume got his sight back was so good. Even in episodes like this when its centered around a whole other character, they manage to develop Natsume and Nyanko's relationship. The end was the perfect amount of denoument, and I thought the bit between Mousetache and Madara was hilarious.
Feb 16, 2009 5:39 PM

Feb 2008
you know, his cat form really doesn't do him justice.

well that was resolved pretty well. it was funny sensei got cursed too haha. its tough to be a youkai.
Feb 16, 2009 8:01 PM
Aug 2008
jacobpaige said:
ChinesePanda said:
natsumextaki

kinda wished she'd lost control and tried to hug Madara, would have liked to have seen his reaction XD

Actually, the episode used screen time very effectively. Just playing up the tension was an economical way of telling the story.

What I really want to see is Taki feeling similar tension for Natsume, then losing control and giving him a FIRST-O KISS-U.

Natsume is so incredibly calm it's like he's about to slip into catatonia all the time. Taki needs to somehow get him interested in her before she can be his girlfriend.

I totally want to see NatsumeXTaki though. There are six episodes left. I demand to see an on-screen kiss. Do you hear me, animation team? Do you hear me, writing staff?

[sound of crickets]
Okay, I guess they can't hear me.
Feb 17, 2009 2:42 AM

Sep 2008
I totally loved this episode!!! It has a good mix of everything... suspense, comedy and the relaxing slice-of-life feeling that we all love.

First time Natsume couldn't see youkai. The scene of him looking around his room for Nyanko-sensei in his ayakashi form (Madara) may be simple but it carries so much emotional depth. It would be really, really, really sad if one day, he couldn't see them anymore, forever...

LOL Nyanko-sensei moments:
- Taki vs Nyanko-sensei. Her inner battle is really funny.
- Natsume: "Sensei suddenly looks reliable! My eyes really are screwed up!" XD
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Feb 17, 2009 3:36 AM

Oct 2007
Great episode - it was a good insight to how Natsume would react when he couldn't see the youkai and how he felt lonely when he ciuln't see Nyanko-sensei X3

good end to conclude the previous episode and a developing friendship between Taki & Natsume
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2009 6:41 AM

Jan 2008
kittybell said:
It's already out now subbed.

Wait... that fast??? It's just 4 hours after it aired(when the reply was posted)!
Feb 17, 2009 8:32 AM

Feb 2008
natsume is a good series without romance but.....

natsumeXtaki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wowowow! i totally agree with this pairing!
i am hoping to see her appear more!

Feb 18, 2009 9:15 AM

Jul 2008
..^^just recently finished watching this episode....^^haha,
finally someone got to say nyankO-sensei is soOOO cuUTE!!..lol. \(^_^)/

..^^got to see also another part of nyanko-sensei that tells you he cares enough for natsume...yay!.haHA. *the scene where nyanko-sensei was watching over while natsume-kun was asleep was so cute!!*
Feb 19, 2009 8:28 PM

Jun 2008
what a beautiful story! Madara staying in his true form near Natsume was so touching. I really like Taki a lot. man, i don't know what i'm gonna do when Natsume finally ends =/ even Aria doesn't give me such a warm feeling.
Apr 10, 2009 7:15 AM

Jun 2008
I love this episode!! Love it when Nyanko sensei is in his ayakashi form, protecting Natsume. Really cares abt Natsume huh?

May 19, 2009 10:45 PM
Mar 2008
I hope there is more of Taki.
Jun 2, 2009 8:02 AM

Apr 2008
feels like Taki and Natsume make a good pair ^^

Jul 12, 2009 9:07 PM

Nov 2007
Nice conclusion, seems he's found a new friend which should make future episodes more fun :3
Aug 15, 2009 6:37 AM

Mar 2009
A really good episode. I liked seeing the way Madara curled round him and how all his new friends walked to school with him. It would be nice to see some romance but I think its too late now.

Jan 12, 2010 6:22 AM
Jan 2009
I prefer Natsume and Taki just as they are, friends. I wouldn't enjoy any romance in such a great show like this one; if I wanted something like that, I would be watching a harem or some other annoying Shoujo. Anyway, I really enjoyed these past two episodes, they were very entertaining and, even if not touching like most of them, it was very interesting. The curse thing and, more importantly, Natsume being unable to see Youkais for the very first time in the whole series. And Madara watching over him in the end, just priceless!
Jan 14, 2010 8:43 AM

Nov 2009
Mmm these previous two episodes were even better than usual, and usually this series is brilliant <3, Nyanko sensei watched over him.. and he realised he feels lonely without being able to see youkai ><. Moustache was funny haha
Jan 14, 2010 8:06 PM

Nov 2008
It seems Natsume gained a new friend. I'm happy for him.

And he realized that he would feel lonely without Sensei and other Youkai.
May 10, 2010 7:34 PM

Sep 2009
These two episodes have been wonderful. The suspense and drama were played out nicely without being pretentious and the ending gave such a warm feeling. The ED was especially fitting for this episode.
Jul 5, 2010 4:06 AM

Jun 2009
Hell yeah, don't mess with Madara and Natsume. I wonder if Natsume would win if he stayed behind and fight instead of running... I mean, like Reiko, he is quite powerful. This youkai is the only one so far to be able to withstand 1 punch from Natsume.

I knew Nyanko cared a lot of Natsume despite his sharp mouth, this episode really shown their friendship very well especially when Natsume can't see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2010 4:53 PM
Jul 2008
Madara staying in his true form near Natsume was so touching. I really like Taki a lot.
Aug 20, 2010 1:11 PM

Dec 2009
Superb episode just as the last one! I loved Taki from second we saw her and I hope for a possible romance, or even hints if anything. But sadly I doubt it will happen, but I can hope :D

This show really is a lovely little gem.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 19, 2010 6:51 AM

Jun 2009
Natsume realized that he felt lonely when not being able to see youkai… He seemed so desperate, something that grew to be very important to him, in contrast to in the beginning, was missing. It would be sad if he loses the ability to see youkai.

While I like Taki and all, I don’t want any romance, Natsume Yuujinchou is supposed to be about friendship and the romance would get in the way. Everything’s perfect as it has been until now.

Madara looking out for him while slept was really touching. He does care about Natsume.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jun 25, 2011 4:08 PM

Jan 2010
NISHIMURA ATTACK! XD

Great episode! It was actually pretty tense for a while there. A bit unusual for a yokai to be so bad, but I guess he was made of evil energy. =/
Loved the bit with Madara watching over Natsume. He acts like he doesn't care about Natsume at all, but it seems Nyanko-sensei is a bit of a softie deep down. >=}
I also like how concerned Natsume and Taki were about not wanting to make the other feel bad. Of course one can go too far with this (as Natsume has learned over the course of the series), but I kind of wish people were like this more.
Jul 8, 2011 4:25 AM
Mar 2011
The scene where Natsume can't see Madara in his room is very touching, one of my favourites from this season. I love to see Nyanko-sensei without sneering facade, all serious, concerned and caring for Natsume deeply.

As for Taki, she might be a good friend, but I don't see her and Natsume as a pairing at all. To be honest, I hope this anime NEVER goes into Natsume+anyone romance. It's not needed.
Aug 7, 2011 9:27 PM

Mar 2011
An enjoyable episode. Taki really is a great character.

Nice ending.
Aug 8, 2011 10:27 AM

Dec 2007
MUSTACHE <3
Those 2 episodes were EPIC§§§!
Aug 15, 2011 10:12 AM

May 2010
Superb and brilliant episode. Comedy, suspense, drama and the slice of life feel are perfectly done in this ep.

I laughed so hard when Nyanko-sensei posed like Doraemon with his gadget. ROFL

And the sealing scene iss probably the most intense scene so far.

Also, the character developments of Tooru and Madara with Natsume are well delivered.

What else can I say? This show is simply amazing..
Sep 17, 2011 10:03 AM

Oct 2009
Nyanko-sensei watching over Natsume was so touching, Taki is a great character i hope she doesn't turn into another minor character, its more interesting with her around with Nyanko and all.
Sep 21, 2011 8:42 PM
Jul 2009
Fantastic episode ^^

Sep 23, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2011
Nyanko-sensei was seriously creepy in the beginning of the 1st season. Now he's funny, cute and fking awesome (when in ayakashi form). I love him.
I love Natsume too. He felt lonely without the youkai... T~T

Love this series. <3

luminophore said:
The scene where Natsume can't see Madara in his room is very touching, one of my favourites from this season. I love to see Nyanko-sensei without sneering facade, all serious, concerned and caring for Natsume deeply.

As for Taki, she might be a good friend, but I don't see her and Natsume as a pairing at all. To be honest, I hope this anime NEVER goes into Natsume+anyone romance. It's not needed.

I agree with everything you said!

Love Nyanko-sensei.<3 XD
Oct 16, 2011 11:20 AM

Aug 2010
I don't know why, but the song when it shows the preview for the next episode reminds me of Clannad.

Anyway, the highlight of the episode for me was when Madara was watching over Natsume while he was sleeping.
Nov 25, 2011 10:24 AM

Dec 2009
It was a good episode. I wonder if Taki will appear again in the series.
Dec 16, 2011 4:42 AM

Aug 2008
I sure hope there's no romance or anything. It would spoil the series.
Jan 12, 2012 10:38 PM

Jan 2011
I think a little bit of romance would actually improve things, and Taki is just the person to do it. She's cute, brave, and isn't immediately afraid of the unseen world--unless Natsume wants a relationship with a youkai I doubt he will do any better.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 22, 2012 4:59 AM

Dec 2010
I liked that episode very much... The eye-to-eye confrontation between Taki and Nyanko-sensei was hilarious :D It's strange that even Madara went all serious when he got cursed... I thought that he fears mostly no one =\ That Moustache youkai is probably at his level though. Taki is so sweet but probably it's true that she'd better stay as friend with him cause Natsume Yuujinchou is better as it is - no romance included. At least for now.
Mar 17, 2012 11:52 PM

Oct 2011
lol at the doraemon reference :D
Nope.
May 14, 2012 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
A really good conclusion to a rare 2 episode arc. I love this show.
Oct 5, 2012 11:14 PM

Nov 2008
aksdldew3 said:
Madara staying in his true form near Natsume was so touching. I really like Taki a lot.

Agree completely.
Dec 22, 2012 7:39 PM

May 2010
Nice conclusion to this story though one thing bothers me. Natsume has all these yokai friends who know curses and other spells and he also knows Natori who works as an exorcist; you'd think he would learn how to defend himself with some sort of weapon or spell but nope. I mean I understand Nyan-ko Sensei is his bodyguard but a pretty half-ass one, so it'd be cool if he could learn to defend himself.

Just my little gripe about Natsume, but this was still a nice episode with a new character part of Natsume's growing friend group.
Jan 5, 2013 2:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nyanko-sensei caring for Natsume is really touching, I almost cried when Natsume couldn't see him as Madara. Natsume was always alone because of his ability to see youkai, but when he couldn't see Madara or Chobi, he seemed just as lonely as before. Ah, the irony ;_;

I'm glad Natsume made another friend! He and Taki seem to get along well with each other, and it's good that there's actually someone who knows about his ability to see youkai. Also, the part where Nyanko-sensei and Chobi are fighting is so funny! X)
Jan 5, 2013 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
Well, this latest episode concludes the brief arc. I liked the way it ended.

Lol'd @ her trying to resist Madara's cuteness. Anyways, it looks like everything is back to normal again. That mustache spirit was kinda strange tbh.
Sep 24, 2013 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
lol i like that mustache youkai, it seemed he and Madara would get along just fine XD

I hope Taki would make more appearances in the future episodes.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 8, 2013 9:39 PM

Mar 2012
That evil Youkai was very annoying, glad madara bit the hell out of him before he was sealed.
Dec 26, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2012
Nice conclusion to this short story but well quite lovely story, I wonder if that character has a bigger role in the overall story than just this short arc! Either way this sure was lovely so let's see what's next!
Jan 28, 2014 9:48 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very good episode. Nyanko-sensei taking care of Natsume in his other form was touching. Idk but I'd expect Touko-san to start to get worried of Natsume coming home tired.

Aug 8, 2014 11:51 PM

Jul 2013
The part where Natsume couldn't see Nyanko when he switched to his true form was sad as hell. You could just feel the loneliness in the air. It was heartbreaking.

This was a really nice episode. I'm enjoying these more and more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Mar 23, 2009

105 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 16, 2009

101 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

noteDhero - Mar 9, 2009

125 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 3, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 30, 2009

179 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Feb 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aznixiboy - Mar 20, 2009

56 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Feb 8, 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.