Must be a Club Member to Reply
02-16-09, 6:40 AM
Joined: Feb 2009
Listen, if you are thinking about making a Shana Cosplay, I shall tell you a couple of tips on making it, or a tutorial.
For the Black Cloak:
-Patterns for a Long sleeve long coat with a collar
-Black Fabric or Leather(your choice)
-A Sewing Machine
What you do:
1. You get your patterns, and you just cut out the separate pieces of the pattern needed.
2. You lay your pattern pieces on the fabric.
3.This is a choice, either you trace around the patterns on the fabric then cut, or just cut out the fabric along the side of your pattern.
4.Here comes the sewing. You set your sewing machine to desired stitch and just sew them accordingly to your pattern that you have. BE CAREFUL!
5. Optionally, you can take a serger to just make the seams more professional looking, or you can just leave it. I have never used a serger, but if you feel like you are a clumsy sewer, and you just sew sloppily, then a serger may be recommended so your hard work doesnt fall apart!
The Sailor Suit Top of the Uniform:
-Faded Lime Fabric
-A sewing Machine
-thread of choice
-Patterns for a T-shirt
-2 Brown Buttons
What you need to do:
1. As usual, you start with the pattern, you cut out the separate pieces of the pattern needed, and lay it on the white fabric.
2. Your choice again, either trace arount the pattern pieces on your fabric or cut along the sides of the fabric.
3.Sew the pieces accordingly to your pattern to make a plain white T-shirt.
4. You need to make your own pattern for this, take the lime faded green fabric and fold it in half, now stick the t-shirt you made in between the fabric that you folded.
5. Cut it in a curvy V-shape on the front, and leave the back, so it sorta looks like a sailor suit, now just make a smaller V for the collar part, thingy.
6. Sew that on the desired way you would like.
7. Take some yellow ribbon and put it in the middle of the edge of your green fabric and the edge where u cut ur curvy big V.
8. Sew that on.
9. Sew Two brown buttons in the middle of the shirt, and there you have it, a.... Shana Shirt!
Okay, I will show you how to make the skirt in a diff post, and this took me 2 hours,(since i was going on and off) enjoy!