Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2013 7:24 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay! We're finally back to Mutta nxt ep ^^

Missed him a lot. And it seems Hibito will have quite some trouble keeping this secret XD

Also this ep made Olgabito ship pretty canon I guess?
Oct 26, 2013 10:17 AM

Feb 2011
Barion-Zara said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay! We're finally back to Mutta nxt ep ^^

Missed him a lot. And it seems Hibito will have quite some trouble keeping this secret XD

Also this ep made Olgabito ship pretty canon I guess?

Yeah finally , me too. But you gotta admit that Olga was a nice presence in the series.
Oct 26, 2013 10:31 AM

Aug 2008
Muttaaaa! It's been a long time since I heard his voice!
Oct 26, 2013 10:39 AM

May 2011
This goodbye felt so long. I wonder if Hibito will be able to hide his secret from Mutta.
Oct 26, 2013 10:41 AM

Feb 2010
Hibito... Come on dude. Tell the girl you're going to try to come back and see her at least.
Oct 26, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
Finally Mutta is back, I really wonder if he will finds out about Hibichov.

MusashiRose said:
Hibito... Come on dude. Tell the girl you're going to try to come back and see her at least.

Damned Hibito. This.
Oct 26, 2013 2:28 PM

Jun 2012
Wasn't expecting the Russia story line to be done already but I can't say I'm not looking forward to seeing Mutta again
Oct 26, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2011
I missed Mutta, so finally in the next ep probably we'll see him..

I'm a little sad for Olga! she was a nice presence and it was good next to hibito!
Oct 26, 2013 4:33 PM

Nov 2011
Yay, back to Mutta next week!!

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 26, 2013 4:50 PM

May 2012
Hooray, Russia arc is finally over!
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Oct 26, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2011
No, I don't ship OlgaxHibito. :(

Back to Mutta~! Missed him.
Oct 26, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2010
Was it Serika's voice actress doing the announcements in the airport ?
Oct 27, 2013 4:44 PM

May 2011
Even though I laughed at Olga trying to be mature so much she was incredible this episode. Dropping off what she wanted to and not saying anything that would make him feel bad about leaving. :) And I didn't mind that he didn't promise to come back. If she remains hopeful even without him saying reassuring words indicates a lot about her strength of character.
Oct 27, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2010
So probably no Mr. Hibbit next week, I didn't found this very fun.
Oct 27, 2013 10:39 PM

Jan 2011
I'm really ready to see the end of Mr. Hibbit. It's served its purpose, it brought Olga and Hibito together--Yay!. I have to admit it was a pleasure watching Olga map out her campaign to win Hibito over. I just hope we all get to hear the finish of her Gagarin story.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 28, 2013 8:46 AM

Apr 2010
It was a nice arc, but I can't wait to see more Mutta.
Oct 28, 2013 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
Woot, ephebophilia arc is over
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 28, 2013 5:38 PM

Mar 2009
Mirorin said:
No, I don't ship OlgaxHibito. :(

You are a terrible person. j/k

Back to Mutta next week, and for now, looks like Hibito still hasn't recovered from his panic disorder. I'm not sure what's going to happen to him in the future, honestly. It'll be a shame if he just settles for the job.
Oct 28, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2009
Anyanyanyanyanyanyanyanya-
Nov 1, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2010
Ahh, I love Hibito so much. His episodes always get me in the feels. Since seeing the preview of the first episode with Olga, I assumed that she'd be a love interest for Hibito. When I found out she was 15 years younger than him, my jaw dropped. Like, 15 YEARS?!

It's really weird, but she played an important and beautiful role in Hibito's development, and I'm glad her encouragement stayed with him even in the midst of a crushing letdown with the whole Safety Supervisor thing.

But still, I mean, I'm 15 years old right now. I can barely imagine dating a 30 year old man! I think that Olga needs to act like a kid more, and just have fun. But, her obsessive desire to be old is a bit endearing in its own way. And hey, I would be super excited too if I could go on a date with Hibichov! ;)

The ending kinda confirmed that Hibito was at least thinking of Olga above a little kid. He was considering what he said to her, and was determined to see her again.

I don't think we'll ever see a relationship in the span of the series, but they could hint at it later on. I'll miss Olga and Ivan, though. They were great additions to the cast of lovable characters. When she's 20 and he's 35, their relationship wouldn't sound nearly as bad.

Also, I wasn't too outraged by the Safety Supervisor decision. I think it was rational and well thought out, although they could have given Hibito more time. He is a talented astronaut indeed, but there are so many other astronaut hopefuls that could match and even surpass him. It would give them a chance, as well. It's dangerous to send Hibito to the moon, because he could suffer a sudden panic attack even if he was claimed to have been cured.
And I mean, it's not like Hibito's jobless. Even though being a Safety Supervisor is not the most fascinating job, at least he'd have a stable income and whatnot. He'd still be supporting astronauts and the exploration of space. That's how most people are - we aren't all national hero astronauts! Of course, I love Hibito so much and want him to stay an astronaut, but I don't blame NASA or JAXA in any way for their decision.

But yeah. Of course, this is Uchuu Kyoudai, and we love happy endings, so I think Hibito will still be able to stand on the moon with Mutta someday. :) Just, in real life, sometimes you have to deal with the card you've been dealt, and make the most of it.

Yay! Mutta again next week! He always always puts a smile on my face. I'll miss the Hibito arc, however. Hibito's always been my favorite character, and I love when he takes the spotlight. ^_^ But, still excited to see our rising astronaut! I wonder if he'll find out about Hibito....
Nov 4, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2011
parfaited said:
I don't like Olga and Hibito either.
It's not about me opposing him getting a girlfriend, it's that as it stands now she is still 15 no matter how old she looks.

I don't know how old you guys are but, teenage years to early or mid-twenties is SUCH a big difference.
Not something you can easily write off like: oh you're 45 and i'm 30 so it's not a big deal.
I'll probably change my mind if he comes back in like 10 years or something but until then I can't be so thrilled like the rest of you.

This whole arc has been a stain (for lack of a better word) on Uchuu Kyoudai for me.
Glad the focus is shifting towards Mutta again. I like Hibito but Mutta is consistently stellar.

Knocked back my rating to a 9 and I will reserve further rating judgements until the end of the series.

My thoughts in a nutshell. I won't ship them... and I think I enjoy Hibito more if he plays more of a role as a side character; I like him, but I also prefer Mutta as the star.

Also might drop my rating to a 9... still debating. :/
Nov 4, 2013 10:10 PM
Feb 2011
parfaited said:
This whole arc has been a stain (for lack of a better word) on Uchuu Kyoudai for me. Glad the focus is shifting towards Mutta again. I like Hibito but Mutta is consistently stellar.

I trace all the blame back to Hibbit, it's all because of him. Damn you Hibbit, damn you!

Knocked back my rating to a 9 and I will reserve further rating judgements until the end of the series.

That arc made me drop my rating to a 9 as well. Before this happened, the show was an absolute perfect masterpiece that made me feel so many emotions. I'm honestly surprised that the anime wasn't changed from the manga since the show draws a family audience in Japan. It makes me wonder if it's okay over there for a 15 yr old girl to be with a 30 yr old man...
Jan 13, 2014 4:27 AM

Sep 2009
Kyaaa... hahaha, omg! I don't know what happened but what Hibito said in the end, "I'll come back to see you.. Olga." have made me changed my mind about my hatred to Olga. Yes, I really hate her that's why I stop watching this show since last year at episode 78.. But I decided to continue this one..

still, I'm so bias at age gap.. -.-
Feb 16, 2014 9:53 PM

Oct 2011
I didn't really like this arc either and that's probably why I fell so behind in the episodes. I'm glad that the next one finally goes back to Mutta.

They tried to come up with an excuse for the age gap with the "when we're older the age difference won't matter" which might be true but for now its kinda creepy rofl. I didn't hate Olga and I think she helped a lot with Hibito's condition but I just didn't like this kind of forced attempt at romance. I'm much more interested in Mutta & Serika.

It'll just be nice to get back on track on the story in Houston and hopefully I can catch up with this anime now.
Feb 27, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2009
Bit of a dull episode tbh ... Hibito gets sent back and we find out Ivan's dad had the same condition as him. Then the rest of the episode really just focused on Hibito and Olga ... yeah I agree, I'm glad that their relationship didn't go anywhere. I mean I understand Olga having a celebrity crush and all, but I still think 15 years is a big gap especially when she's only 15 :P
Back to Mutta next episode! Will he finally find out about the panic disorder?! :O
Aug 1, 2014 5:31 PM

Nov 2011
Wow. Beautiful episode. I think Olga had other stuff to talk to Hibito about. I hope she returns to this show too. What a story of Hibito. Great episode.
Sep 26, 2014 5:16 PM

Nov 2010
From Russia with love and a second volume disc
Olga gave some nice information about Gagarin
Jan 18, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2011
What? People are lowering their ratings because of this? -.-;

Hibito hasn't treated Olga as a serious interest from the start. He was more playing along than anything, even if Olga was taking it seriously. It's not like they got touchy-feeley and kissed, or even hugged. I'd cry foul myself in that case.

Getting mad at the anime because of shippers seems odd as well.

I thought Olga served her purpose well enough, in giving Hibito more motivation to overcome his disorder. It's too bad NASA and JAXA pulled the rug out from under them just when he was starting to make progress, but I can't say the decision is completely unreasonable.

Back to Mutta we go.
Mar 31, 2015 3:58 AM
Apr 2, 2015 3:14 AM

May 2013
Hibito you got to come back and hear the rest of the story!

Hibito X Olga! Didn't ship it at first but I really like it now. Even though Hibito doesn't see her that way.
Apr 16, 2015 1:07 AM

Aug 2010
OMG....I feel like this is totally laying some groundwork for more Hibito x Olga romance in the future??? I still cant accept this match-up because of the age gap..... OTL

I hope Mutta can somehow help Hibito in overcoming his disorder, be it directly or indirectly
Nov 25, 2015 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
Finally, there's only so long people can last without more Kenji Apo Mutta in our lives.
Jan 12, 2016 4:52 PM

Oct 2014
What's these random numbers and letters written there lol they didn't even tried to write some garbage in Russian to fill it up
Feb 3, 2016 6:18 AM
Dec 2009
stand said:
I don't like Olga and Hibito either.
It's not about me opposing him getting a girlfriend, it's that as it stands now she is still 15 no matter how old she looks.

Yup, honestly there are lots of anime fans of all ages around the world, and Olga's dad works in the space industry so it's not a stretch that she would be interested. She didn't need to be 15. The story wouldn't have changed at all if she was 20.

I like her character, just wish they made her at least a university aged student. Sigh. With about 20 episodes left I'm curious to see if she comes back into the picture or not...
Aug 5, 2016 11:27 PM
Apr 2015
TripleSRank said:
What? People are lowering their ratings because of this? -.-;

Hibito hasn't treated Olga as a serious interest from the start. He was more playing along than anything, even if Olga was taking it seriously. It's not like they got touchy-feeley and kissed, or even hugged. I'd cry foul myself in that case.

Getting mad at the anime because of shippers seems odd as well.

Yeah. People take their anime way seriously.
Jan 1, 2017 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 79 - Olga, Hibito and Gagarin:

"My father once said something that I be live to this day... All cosmonauts are heroes deserving of respect. That includes my father and Hibichov." (Ivan)

"Are you interested? When you come back to Russia, I'll tell you." (Olga to Hibichov)

"I'll come back to see you... Olga." (Hibichov)

5/5
Jan 10, 2017 6:37 AM

May 2015
So, Hibito fell in love with Olga. This is so wrong...for now. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 27, 2017 3:46 PM

Jun 2011
I don't care what anyone says I like the Hibito arc and it was done very well. OlgaxHibito ship won't ship for me until she turns at least 19-20, although I really do think they complement each other well.
Mar 27, 2017 7:14 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, Hibito beat Mutta even at this, by picking an even younger girl to fall in love with lol. I hope this ship sails in the future, because they really do complement each other.

I wasn't so sure about a Hibito focused arc, since his entire "misadventure" on the moon left a bad taste in my mouth (probably the only episodes from the show I didn't like all that much), but these episodes turned out quite good.
Sep 23, 2017 5:46 AM

May 2012
Pretty good episode if you ask me, this pretty much closes the Russia arc and that's pretty decent for now, let's see what happens next though.
Oct 28, 2017 3:40 AM

Dec 2008
Read some of the comments...I don't get why people didn't like this arc or why they get mad when Hibito takes the stage and the focus shifts to him. I mean this anime is called "Space Brothers" not "Space Mutta!". It's about the two of them and how each one's development is helping the other grow.
I can however understand how the age gap between Olga and Hibito is repulsive, it's a problem for me too...But I think that when she gets older (if we get to see her again) this won't be much of a problem anymore. Anyhow I like them together alot <3
One of my favorite arcs!

Mar 16, 2018 11:08 AM

Feb 2013
Now I am 100% sure that Olga and Hibito will get married in the future.
Nov 7, 2020 3:32 PM

Dec 2007
really started liked olga and now they have to set apart?

but from hibichov's seems it's little more serious than "friends".

wonder if he's gonna fight his position or do something extreme...
Nov 25, 2020 9:30 AM
Apr 2016
Not sure why they couldn't have just made her older, this way it makes me/and a lot of others uncomfortable.
Feb 12, 2021 6:23 PM
Aug 2008
Not sure about people who ship Hibito and Olga as it is now. The age gap is just too disturbing, especially since she's still a child. It's a different matter if she's an adult though.

Anyway, I don't think Hibito sees her as a love interest. He probably has some feelings of affection towards her but I don't think it's the romantic type. At least, that's what I'd like to believe. Otherwise, I'd be too disturbed to continue watching.
Apr 17, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2015
Weird-ass arc ngl, glad its over though.
Jun 26, 2023 1:26 AM

Feb 2019
I totally ship Hibito x Olga, but of course only when she gets older~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.