Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2013 10:27 AM

May 2013
this is a place where we can talk about eden no ori's ending without having to [spoiler} everything.

first let's talk about how the f they got there?! I remmember some sort of thing comming into the airplane when akira tries to save Rion, I feel like that "thing" attacked them and is the reason the 3 of them got sepperated from the rest of the entire airplane, but what the hell was it?!

any inspirations on that topic? whatever it was, it made them timeskip >.<

then hades,
Is it possible that he is... perhaps, the only survivor of the island, and that he is actually akira's stepsister's son?
I mean, yeah. we saw akira's mom die, then her adopted daughter took over the business... and then what? what happened?
it could explain why he wanted to kill everybody, because they were the reason he got trapped on the island and her mother died (due to the bio-hazard)
maybe hades survived and had seen the pictures and the stories of them all long ago...
http://myanimelist.net/character/86083/Hades

and then the death of saji... or did he?
He only suffered a lot on blood loss, then fell in to a river... but remmember what happened to arita? he survived(kinda) the rainwater that ran through the caverns, there might be a chance that something like that happened to saji, and hades picked him up as well... but then he would have helped arita when the manticore-thing attacked the group and arita saved yuki underground from it... or was he still wounded and sick?
we will probably never know, but what do you think?

talking about arita, how could he have returned from death... was it... perhaps... that this Hades really is a hades, or... wait, perhaps... Is he a revenge spirit that does everything just to kill the entire class?!... you think I am looking to far in the supernatural? then what do you think about arita? he came back...

gah, I can continue like this for...like... ever... but I will do 1 thing more...

Why... are there no planes?... if it is the future... perhaps something like teleportation happened... maybe they got scared of the flying monsters (argentinias or something like that? the huge flying birds with the ticks) and are leaving the airspace empty?
or did those birds get out of the island and attack civilization? nha, modern weapons are strong enough...
but seriously, what will they find when they finally get back to the mainland?!
and what will the children of their brothers and sisters think (although these should be around 60/90 years old by now) (calculation: akira's stepsister was around 40 when akira's mom died, their children could be born around then, they die soon after (well, in about 0-30 years) and the buildings are about 50 years old)
would they even know about the fact that an entire class dissappeared... and... wow that would be interesting actually "entire class reappears after 150 years"... think about it, epic story line :|

ah well, now it is your turn, tell me what you guys think about what I said, and bring up more ideas! :D

also...

anyone else felt like they had guessed right about what happened about... let's say, half-way-in? there was a moment I thought the reason isuragi company got so big because of that island, but that was a lil odd in my opinion...
¨I´d rather die a hero, that kill a failure¨~RedLikeARose

meaning I'd rather help others than to commit suicide without even a notice on the internet
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 24, 2013 11:50 AM

Dec 2008
Let's get to it! oh this is gonna take some time xD

How they got to the island. When the plane starts falling the thing that appears in the plane seems like some sort of distortion. My first thought when seeing it was that it is some sort of vortex (in this case apparently time vortex or something like that), but at least I think it's safe to assume that that 'distortion' was the cause for them getting to future.
http://i36.mangareader.net/cage-of-eden/1/cage-of-eden-347691.jpg I mean distortion would describe that the best IMO.

About Hades, I think he is just one of the students that crashed with the plane, but something just went wrong in his head when they fell, so he started wearing his souvenir mask so that he wouldn't have to continue beeing the scared school boy that he maybe was? I think that it isn't likely that he is a survivor from the scientist group that was originally on the island. I mean the island has been deserted for so long (like 50 years) and Hades seems like a teenager + he seems to know the students.

About Zaji (or Saji) I think he really died. Arita didn't join Akiras group because of his guilt for killing people. But why would Zaji not join Akira and the others later? Also he was just about to faint from loosing all the blood and even if he would have gotten out of the river the blood loss would have been only bigger at that point. Sad to say but I really think he just simply died there. I don't think Arita actually died. He propably was washed out oof the caves by the water, but if he didn't breath too much water to his lungs his survival semms much more possible than Zajis who was already weakened by his wounds. But this is just my opinion =)

And now let me ask you a counter question. Why should there be airplanes? I mean the people that survived the bio hazard infection propably wanted to leave the island as soon as possible? so they flew away with the planes on the island. And about the fact that there aren't rescue planes or any other planes in the air. Is it not quite simple? why would they be flying there? Island that is known to have dangerous flying creatures, propably still labeled as bio hazard island and most of all: How would they even now that the plane that disappeard over 100years ago would just suddenly show up on this island? Of course it is also possible that the creatures or the bio hazard disease did spread to japan and other countries and the world has changed creatly. I just don't think that is the reason. At least I don't think that is the most logical conclusion :P

About what happens in mainland (if they get there) I can not say. The only thing I really like about the ending is that it happened at the exactly right time. If they had only crashed on an unknown island then the reunion with families would have been nice to see but when they are in future and the world isn't the same anymore, that would be just another story entirely. But the ending showed that they have a change to get of the island and join the society (or whats left of it maybe ;D who knows if World war III happened while they were on the island :D) and that concludes the adventure and survival on this island, which was the story of this series. Like I said. Continuation would be entirely different series although it would be a continuation series for eden no ori the setting would be complitely different =) as an example I could mention Mahou sensei negima and just started 'countinuation' series UQ Holder. UQ doesn't really have the same charachters but is about what has happened after negima.

I started to think they might be in the future when I saw the plate on the antenna tower that had Miinas name on it. I instantly saw that the line under the name was recuiescat in pace (maybe I've played too much Assassins Creed xD) and so the Izurugi corporation had to be involved somehow but the corporation was only like 40-50 years old (like they so cleverly realized after three months -.-') and the island apparently had been abandoned 50years ago (or even before that), but I didn't believe at that point that something like 'timetraveling' would be in this series so I thought I was just overthinking things. I was wrong! :D however I would have never connected all the dots without the explanations in the last few chapters. Like why was the time period of the animals from the encyclopedia so messed up, that animals from different periods where there and so on. Also I thought that a different dimension is also possible when I sae Miinas name on that plate.

I think it was good that not everything was really explained and now that I have calmed a little after the shock of the series ending and really thinking things I realized that the ending was okay IF and only if, it was made with more time and not rushing things. Kinda like SAO just jumped over all the power up periods of Kirito. Suddenly he was just level 99 bad ass that kicked any as he damn well liked. This ending left me with kind of the same feeling. The things were explained, but not properly and the exploration of the last tower felt really minimal after tens and tens of chapters about the antenna and the pyramid.

Yesterday it fealt like I had so many things that I wanted an answer for, but now I can't really remember any of those :D maybe I need to read the last 10 or so chapters again and se what things seem incomplete or aren't there at all xD

Also my biggest concern! Did Akira and Rion get together! I wanted to see that romantic scene where they finally admitted they love each other! Maybe even kiss!!
I know, I know now you all think I'm a wuss but I can't help it that I have the fault of being little romantic :D

I don't need all things explained. Just the ones that seem interesting to me personally xD
SipiOct 24, 2013 11:56 AM
Oct 24, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2013
hmmm hm,

why would they have airplanes in the air... well.. to get to guam maybe? :c

I also read R. in Pace the first time... but not sure why :|

the moment I Yarai found the first tower I knew... I knew that the creatures were created... that is when I started knowing everything I think :| xD

but I agree, it was a good ending, just rushed too much, that makes me sad

(sorry for the shortness, have to let the information sink xD)

meaning I'd rather help others than to commit suicide without even a notice on the internet
Oct 24, 2013 1:20 PM

Dec 2008
Okay I'm not sure anymore what you mean about those airplanes :D what I was trying to say that I don't think it is strange that there isn't airplanes, because it is common knowledge at least for important people that there are dangerous creatures on that island and some of them can fly. Thats one reason for not flying over the island anymore. Also if it is known that there was bio hazard danger on the island, even more reason to fly different route.

And I don't remember when I realized the creatures were created but I think it was actually pretty soon after the lighthouse tower also =)

no problem with the shortness :D have to do something else too today than just wonder what eden no ori was all about xD

If I were to sum this series up, I would say something like: Good series, great start, the ending was too rushed and where the fu*k was my romantic scene where everything would be completed! :DDDD Damn I would have wanted the romantic ending scene xD
Oct 24, 2013 11:45 PM

May 2013
I totally agree with the sum up xD

but the airplanes... if you say it like that, yeah that is a possibility, but was it known what happened there? i wonder...

well for important people I can agree, they should know :P

Oct 25, 2013 5:41 AM

Dec 2008
Yes and if the important people know, but want to keep it a secret, wouldn't they want to change the routes the airplane fly even more so there is no risk everyone will find out? =)
Jan 6, 2015 1:30 PM

May 2013
even today I am still sad about the rushed ending... :c

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Your 1st Fap

Gridley - Jun 5, 2015

21 by camay1997 »»
Jan 15, 2022 12:16 PM

» The discord

tthammy - Dec 20, 2020

3 by MaraMari »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:33 PM

Sticky: » [Game] tthammy vs. The perv army ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RedLikeARose - Oct 22, 2013

388 by RedLikeARose »»
Feb 24, 2018 12:59 PM

Sticky: » [GAME]true or false ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tthammy - May 31, 2013

688 by RedLikeARose »»
Nov 12, 2017 8:42 AM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Member Cards ( 1 2 3 4 )

tthammy - Feb 7, 2013

196 by Lunasia »»
Jul 3, 2016 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.