Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2013 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oop and the chase is on! Kinda intense I guess. Bye bye gyro lol. There were some nice tears I guess...

Ibara ftw though.
Oct 23, 2013 5:35 AM
Sep 2010
The countdown timer make me nervous XD
badzOct 23, 2013 5:38 AM
Oct 23, 2013 8:11 AM
Aug 2013
wow!! ibara shines again.....
but still, what's with that radioactive waste?? maybe the new characters in the starting song yet to be introduced are related with all this stuff... waiting for their entry
badz said:
The countdown timer make me nervous XD

yeah.. me 2..... really thrilling
Oct 23, 2013 8:40 AM

May 2010
first off the animation quality during the chase was just horrible. watch it frame for frame to see it even better.

that aside..this is another overdramatical and overemotional episode which annoys me greatly cause half the time someone is yelling at someone. also the girl who yells "ibara senpai" every 10 seconds still is useless as fuck.

2/5
Oct 23, 2013 9:08 AM

May 2013
When the vice principal says capture the professor, he sounds kind of harsh. He was like having a grudge against him.

After the girls save the professor, they cried. Oh my, I don't know what to say.
Oct 23, 2013 9:11 AM

May 2013
That was intense especially with the countdown being shown.
Oct 23, 2013 10:41 AM

Jan 2012
Hmm the 2 other girls are kind of useless... and Ibara seems overemotional ^^'
Dropped
Oct 23, 2013 11:12 AM
Feb 2013
Wtf, since when did a B2 bomber become a ground attack aircraft?

FYI: that kind of aircraft isn't that maneuverable.

Also, since when did a FIM-92 Stinger become reloadable MANPAD?

I'm guess that the next batch of coppelion that them 3 would fighting are from "Yellow Cake."
Oct 23, 2013 11:45 AM

Apr 2010
That B2 bomber was more manoeuvrable then a fighter it made some impossible moves, and even if it could make those moves it be doubtful if the crew could survive the G forces.

The rest of the episode was just to melodramatic and the characters where to over emotional i can't call it a good episode and i don't see this anime improving.
And till know it's still flat characters poor explanation and story is lacking, i mentioned this before it's better then the last GoHands production i saw but it's still pretty bad.
It's safe to conclude that this anime is not for me i might watch another episode however i think it's highly doubtful.
Oct 23, 2013 11:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I don't know much about aircrafts, but logically speaking in real life aircrafts like those in Copellion should be that easy to maneuver at ground level. Also I did not see any rockets for that weapon she used to fire like as in reloading. The countdown to get the medicine, and give it to the guy was intense. I did not think she would make it, but wow she hardly had any time to spare.

Oct 23, 2013 11:56 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kerozinn said:

that aside..this is another overdramatical and overemotional episode which annoys me greatly cause half the time someone is yelling at someone. also the girl who yells "ibara senpai" every 10 seconds still is useless as fuck.

Honestly I don't mind characters crying but wow Ibara cries a lot, I guess she's just overly emotional about everything. And when she cried, the other two start crying with her. Lol at Ibara's tears at the end, couldn't they have animated that better? Well the action was still quite nice, though they could improve on their animation...the characters don't look as good as the backgrounds. And yeah Aoi seems pretty useless so far.
Oct 23, 2013 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
This is the worst representation of B-2 Bomber and Stinger....
Just few minute on youtube will already show how wrong this is.
The lazy author didn't not even bother research one bit about them.
Along with cheesiest script and drama, I can't watch this anymore.
Seriously, wtf with her crying and screaming at everything! Does author seriously think that girls are that emo.

I know this manga "predict" a nuclear plant meltdown in Japan, but it doesn't justified an adaptation. I understand the situation in Fukushima is actually getting worse and Japan is requesting international help, but making a shyt anime to bring awareness is not the way.
leeo268Oct 23, 2013 1:29 PM
Oct 23, 2013 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
Definitely turn your brain off for some of the details like the bomber being able to track a single jeep and maintain flying speed, or it's ability to track the jeep through the store and carefully avoid getting any bullets within two feet of the girls.

On the other hand the little vignette about how high level waste has to be buried and carefully managed for several centuries (want to give odds on how long TEPCO is around?) struck home. The transfer of costs of the industrial expansion of the 20th century onto the people of the 21st and 22nd is a pretty irresponsible act, but no one is going to be held accountable for it--even if they admit it. Maybe someone should repost the Chernobyl pictures from last episode's discussion just to remind us how elements of this show are more historical than sf.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 23, 2013 1:54 PM

Apr 2012
For three GM girls they do a lot of crying!

Someone dies they cry, someone is saved they cry, someone bangs their little toe against the coffee table they cry... Ok maybe not that last one! ^_^

I hope this show improves.
Oct 23, 2013 2:07 PM

May 2012
this starts me to annoy now.. do they really have to cry all the time.. i probably just have a cold heart that i dont feel anything why they're crying or because there's no much backstory that i feel like laughing when they're crying lol..
and did 10 min really change the sky that much? from sunny to sunset :D

Oct 23, 2013 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
These girls cry too much for being soldiers bred and trained specifically for this mission
That's why you don't make your soldiers teenage schoolgirls Japan : P
Oct 23, 2013 3:09 PM
Jul 2013
Welp, at least that's over. The animation and scenery were nice though, I've gotta admit.

*About to dropz da show, but plays The Last of Us.*

Maybe I'll give this a shot again.

*Contemplating, then starez at dat preview*

I'm watching this shit.
Oct 23, 2013 3:12 PM
Oct 2010
Alrite, I'm done this show is straight garbage, I went on a rant in the EP3 thread but good lord. How did this even get made? Was there no one on the production team that just said.. stop!!?

First off birds and a jeep keeping up with speed of a stealth bomber. Secondly the golf store scene was just retarded.. what B2 has machine guns? Also how could they fire at them continuously like that in the golf store when the machine guns are at the front?

Ignoring the real world comparisons, if the B2 can be acquired by a stringer, why would it have a blind spot UNDERNEATH IT? You mean they'd put a blind spot where the majority of anti-aircraft missiles would come from?

I'm not even going to go into the rest, I'm good, time to drop.
Oct 23, 2013 3:34 PM
Oct 2013
RazorRamona200 said:

I'm guess that the next batch of coppelion that them 3 would fighting are from "Yellow Cake."

Since it was first created.
The launcher can be reloaded and reused.

http://www.americanspecialops.com/special-ops-weapons/fim-92-stinger.php
Oct 23, 2013 4:13 PM

Sep 2013
The end of the fight was kind of lame...

So much tears and forced drama :/

At least they now know their enemy.

3/5 this ep
Oct 23, 2013 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
Too much drama in this episode
And what is that? They cry about everything that happens.
O importante nĂŁo Ă© o que fazemos de nĂłs, mas o que nĂłs fazemos daquilo que fazem de nĂłs
Oct 23, 2013 5:17 PM

Mar 2013
Way too much unnecessary tears.
Oct 23, 2013 5:23 PM

May 2013
well, if they put out the tears and the other shitty scenes, this could be very intense and enjoyable mystery anime...
Tuturu~
Oct 23, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2012
they have this awesome post nuclear city setting and I feel like nothing interesting is happening...
Oct 23, 2013 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
What I don't understand why dump nuclear waste in a already nuclear city?
WHY NOT SEND IT TO SPACE?

Send it to jupiter then your waste problem is solved and that city will recover in time if no more wasted in dumped in it.
Oct 23, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man, Ibara would be pretty cool if she'd stop fucking crying at everything.
The other two MCs are pretty bland, and kinda pointless.
But this was actually an okay episode, could do without the unneccesary melodrama though.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Oct 23, 2013 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
So much drama, tears, and cheesy lines.
Ibara seems to be the only one capable of doing anything, I'd like to see the other two step up for once. They told Ibara that they were there to help, too, but they really haven't actually done anything.
wow gay
Oct 23, 2013 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
It doesn't get any more predictable than this, let me tell you.
Oct 23, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
Aggron said:
The end of the fight was kind of lame...

So much tears and forced drama :/

^This

I wonder why I can't take the series seriously, the "emotive parts" feel so out of place each time...

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 23, 2013 6:42 PM

Dec 2012
So they will help her by crying with her? good.
Ibara wants the world destroyed and not this deserted city. wtf is wrong with her?
The last seconds to save the professor were cool, but then they ruined it by starting to cry.
Oct 23, 2013 6:46 PM

May 2012
Okay four episodes and shit ain't happen yet. Tryin to hagin in there, but it's hard.
Oct 23, 2013 7:12 PM

Jun 2012
RazorRamona200 said:

Once the missile is launched, you detach the missile tube and attach another one. So basically, the missile tube is used only once, but not the launcher. That's how it works for both the Stinger and the Type 91 here.

skudoops said:

Yeah, there are so many incoherence, there sure was a lack of research somewhere. Really need to disconnect the brain to get past those details.

And that forced drama. To me at least, it fails to make me feel anything. I hope it gets better because I like the concept and setting.
TynkerOct 23, 2013 7:17 PM
Oct 23, 2013 7:35 PM
Sep 2012
Okay, so many wtf issues in this episode.

I know that the B2 is basically one giant flying wing the offers tremendous lift, but how the hell does a B2 fly slow slow without stalling and falling out of the sky?

If the B2 isn't flying slowly, then how the hell can a flock of birds and a jeep keep up with a jet aircraft?

In the last episode, we saw that cargo area and cockpit takes up the entire middle section of the plane (which makes sense since it's transporting lots of nuclear waste). If the wings are filled with fuel, how is it the B2 can hold so much ammo and missiles, and keep firing, when most of the plane is dedicated to cargo and fuel?

How can it track a fast moving jeep INSIDE a concrete building - and still miss?

I know the Stinger is heat-guided, but aren't the exhaust vents in a B2 pointed upward with the fuselage extending past the vents for some distance - to defeat just such heat-guided missiles in the first place?

More importantly: Why the fuck are these girls so damn emotional?! Aren't these girls raised from birth and trained by the JSDF? If 3 girls trained by the Japanese military cry, bitch, and moan every damn episode - for every damn reason - then that just implies that the Japanese military are a bunch of emotional pussies. LOL
Oct 23, 2013 7:42 PM

Feb 2011
I still want to see my giant Cockroaches : /
Oct 23, 2013 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
only thing about this episode is Yellow Cake. JUST DONT DROP THAT SH*T. Pray to god you dont drop that sh*t.
Oct 23, 2013 8:07 PM

Mar 2012
Mikenzb said:

Send it to jupiter then your waste problem is solved and that city will recover in time if no more wasted in dumped in it.

Sending stuff to space is really expensive with current technology. Just look how $ per pound for stuff they send to the International Space Station. I read in US that they put radioactive waste in a vault that is deep underground in Nevada.

In the future, when it is lot cheaper to get in space. we might start dumping them on the moon or throw them at the sun.
Oct 23, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2010
Mikenzb said:

Because the fact that it's already a nuclear wasteland makes it a perfect place to dump more nuclear waste. It's already irradiated so irradiating even more shouldn't be a big deal, right?
Oct 23, 2013 8:23 PM
Sep 2012
leeo268 said:
Mikenzb said:

Sending stuff to space is really expensive with current technology. Just look how $ per pound for stuff they send to the International Space Station. I read in US that they put radioactive waste in a vault that is deep underground in Nevada.

In the future, when it is lot cheaper to get in space. we might start dumping them on the moon or throw them at the sun.
Actually, Obama and Congress shut that place down before any nuclear waste could be stored.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yucca_Mountain_nuclear_waste_repository

Humanity has plans to colonize and mine the moon, so sending nuclear waste to the moon is currently off the table. Also, a rocket is basically a giant bomb with a controlled explosion at the end. If people thought that Fukushima was bad, imagine TONS of highly radioactive nuclear waste exploding high in the atmosphere, and spreading around the world.
wrenchbread said:
Mikenzb said:

Because the fact that it's already a nuclear wasteland makes it a perfect place to dump more nuclear waste. It's already irradiated so irradiating even more shouldn't be a big deal, right?
It's possible that Japan probably has plans to resettle the city when the radiation would've died down to a certain level, then clean up the rest like they're doing in Fukushima.
IconicOct 23, 2013 8:26 PM
Oct 23, 2013 8:57 PM

May 2010
AiCon said:
It's possible that Japan probably has plans to resettle the city when the radiation would've died down to a certain level, then clean up the rest like they're doing in Fukushima.

They wouldn't be able to resettle for hundreds if not thousands of years considering that was a full-blown meltdown and not a partial meltdown like Fukushima. Compare it to Chernobyl which is STILL uninhabitable for long term settlement even after 25 years: "Ukrainian officials say the area will be uninhabitable for around 20,000 years due to the long half life of the radioactive isotopes."

A partial meltdown like with Fukushima is already rendering the surrounding area uninhabitable for 20 years at least.
wrenchbreadOct 23, 2013 9:03 PM
Oct 23, 2013 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
This anime's starting to annoy me now.
Can't disagree by how its overemotional.
Oct 23, 2013 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
Oh my fucking god, stop crying about every single thing!!!! Aghhhh.
Oct 23, 2013 9:32 PM
Sep 2012
wrenchbread said:
They wouldn't be able to resettle for hundreds if not thousands of years considering that was a full-blown meltdown and not a partial meltdown like Fukushima. Compare it to Chernobyl which is STILL uninhabitable for long term settlement even after 25 years: "Ukrainian officials say the area will be uninhabitable for around 20,000 years due to the long half life of the radioactive isotopes."

A partial meltdown like with Fukushima is already rendering the surrounding area uninhabitable for 20 years at least.
The area contaminated by Chernobyl is undoubtedly much bigger, but the real reason why Chernobyl is still uninhabited is size. Many of the less contaminated areas, away from the actual reactor, are still uninhabitable because Ukraine simply doesn't have the money to clean it up. Fukushima is much smaller, but it's still costing billions of dollars to clean it up - and it's still not done yet.

Despite the lack of funds, there are now calls for the revival of less contaminated areas of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_Exclusion_Zone#Development_and_recovery_projects

Of course, the area around Odiaba (where the meltdown in the show took place) would still be closed off, but Tokyo is HUGE and certainly not the whole city would have the same radiation level as the reactor site (evident by the fact that there are still people living in the contaminated city).
IconicOct 23, 2013 9:36 PM
Oct 23, 2013 9:50 PM

Feb 2013
Here's a question I was asking myself: Beyond all the other impossibilities dealing with a stealth bomber being treated like it's a fighter jet that can somehow be slow enough and yet accurate enough to track a rickety jeep anywhere. And not to mention slow enough that the girls are actually able to shoot it down from said jeep...

If B2 bombers are pretty much exclusive to the United States with only 21 having been produced, how the heck did a "back-end" Japanese company called Yellow Cake get a hold of one anyway. I would understand if they were trying to implicate the US, but it was a Japanese company turned dumpers-for-hire, that were doing this. So yeah, where did they get the bomber, and how the heck did the US not notice one was missing?!
Oct 23, 2013 9:58 PM
Sep 2012
Irenesharda said:
Here's a question I was asking myself: Beyond all the other impossibilities dealing with a stealth bomber being treated like it's a fighter jet that can somehow be slow enough and yet accurate enough to track a rickety jeep anywhere. And not to mention slow enough that the girls are actually able to shoot it down from said jeep...

If B2 bombers are pretty much exclusive to the United States with only 21 having been produced, how the heck did a "back-end" Japanese company called Yellow Cake get a hold of one anyway. I would understand if they were trying to implicate the US, but it was a Japanese company turned dumpers-for-hire, that were doing this. So yeah, where did they get the bomber, and how the heck did the US not notice one was missing?!
The professor explained in the show that Yellow Cake was probably charging a huge amount to dispose of the waste from all over the world, which could explain how they could afford a single B2. This show also takes place in the future, so China could've stolen the blueprints and made their own B2. Whether China, or the US, would actually sell an actual stealth bomber to a Japanese company - who knows.
Oct 23, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2009
Kerozinn said:
first off the animation quality during the chase was just horrible. watch it frame for frame to see it even better.

2/5

The tears in this episode were already enough to drop this anime right away,
5/10 just another average anime, had enough of it.
forced drama + emos at high level
characters are already out of place here -__-;
OtaseOct 23, 2013 10:05 PM
Oct 23, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2012
Ibara senpai this, ibara senpai that..
The professor was planning to take the responsibility by committing suicide ?

well at least that first minutes are cool.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Oct 23, 2013 10:05 PM
Oct 2008
Okay the whole crying over everything crap is getting old
Oct 23, 2013 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
I'm losing hope for this adaptation. I love the manga to bits but this...what the hell is this?!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 23, 2013 10:07 PM

May 2010
AiCon said:
[The area contaminated by Chernobyl is undoubtedly much bigger, but the real reason why Chernobyl is still uninhabited is size. Many of the less contaminated areas, away from the actual reactor, are still uninhabitable because Ukraine simply doesn't have the money to clean it up. Fukushima is much smaller, but it's still costing billions of dollars to clean it up - and it's still not done yet.

Despite the lack of funds, there are now calls for the revival of less contaminated areas of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_Exclusion_Zone#Development_and_recovery_projects

Of course, the area around Odiaba (where the meltdown in the show took place) would still be closed off, but Tokyo is HUGE and certainly not the whole city would have the same radiation level as the reactor site (evident by the fact that there are still people living in the contaminated city).

>evident by the fact that there are still people living in the contaminated city

Those people living there need radiation suits or they're dead within the week (which makes sense considering they're living in the equivalent of the closed zone in Chernobyl). Considering the size of Tokyo and comparing that to Chernobyl's closed zone, Tokyo would fit snuggly in the immediate lethal area. You can probably chill in the outer limits of the Zone near the Chernobyl plant and still be fine.
Oct 23, 2013 10:19 PM
Sep 2012
wrenchbread said:
>evident by the fact that there are still people living in the contaminated city

Those people living there need radiation suits or they're dead within the week (which makes sense considering they're living in the equivalent of the closed zone in Chernobyl). Considering the size of Tokyo and comparing that to Chernobyl's closed zone, Tokyo would fit snuggly in the immediate lethal area. You can probably chill in the outer limits of the Zone near the Chernobyl plant and still be fine.
The radiation is probably not that bad if those people could live 20+ years in Tokyo. Even with radiation suits - that's still a really long time to spend in a radioactive wasteland.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

155 by Dekom »»
Feb 29, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

69 by Dekom »»
Feb 21, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.