Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 23, 2013 7:58 PM

Jun 2012
Gon's eyes this episode were awesome!
Oct 23, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2011
BROCTOPUS! What a bro. Gon's eyes oh man.
Oct 24, 2013 12:11 AM

Dec 2009
Ikalgooooooooooooo my love

gon being bad ass saying that it would be easier for him to finish cameleon if he lied to him and killua s trick... they are showing the influences they have on each other
I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned~ ♫
Oct 24, 2013 5:13 AM

Oct 2009
rolffxd said:
That moment when gon tried to look fierce... XDDD
Anyways, it felt so weird seeing gon say something like that O_o like... where did that innocent little boy go? :DD Killua on the other hand then.. well ruthless and badass as always but he saved his enemys life just because he tought he was a "cool guy"... god damnit :DD Is it just me or does it feel like gon and killua are slowly "switching the roles"?? :D

And yea one more thing, like everyone else has praised here, Ikalgo seems like a cool dude B)

What changed Gon:

Oct 24, 2013 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
Holy crap at Gon's very out-of-character scene, though it must be because of the state the Chimera ants put Kite in. And God, how I love Killua, haha.
Oct 24, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2013
Wow an amazing episode. even tho its hurting my feels seeing killua like that
Oct 24, 2013 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
Broctopus for the win.
Oct 24, 2013 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
This arc was so boring too. Looks like it's going to pick up the pace again. :)
Oct 24, 2013 9:09 AM
Apr 2013
n10sity said:
The troupe knowing Kurapika's abilities is certainly disadvantageous. But to go as far as to say he has "no way" of beating "them in a straight fight" is too much in my opinion. Kurapika's Chain Jail is not so rigid that knowing its existence makes it worthless. Does knowing Hisoka's Bungee Gum abilities give his opponents that much of an advantage? Granted, knowing Kurapika has Chain Jail improves their chances but that does not guarantee that they can avoid or counter it.

Well, maybe I shouldn't have said "no way", but the odds would be VERY low. As long as you don't forget to look out for the Chain Jail with Gyo, then it's just a matter of whether you're fast enough to dodge it or not, and the Spiders definitely are. Now of course Kurapika could craft some complicated plan, or he could get lucky, but it's highly likely he would never be able to capture any member (and he's aware of this, that's why he wanted to use Gon as a decoy in Yorknew). And without Chain Jail, Kurapika has little to no chance against any member (well, we don't know about Korutopi, but that's it).
Oct 24, 2013 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
I found this ep a bit slower,but broctopus was nice.
Also Gon s eyes.
Oct 24, 2013 10:14 AM
Oct 2013
endlessdevotion said:
Holy crap at Gon's very out-of-character scene, though it must be because of the state the Chimera ants put Kite in. And God, how I love Killua, haha.

I don't understand the people who say this is out of character for Gon. It is completely true to his morally grey character. Fearthebeard85 is right, Gon has always been like this, it's just surfacing up more and more (it'll really get out of hand by the end of the arc).

Gon lives by his own moral code. Whatever you did before Gon met you, it doesn't matter to him. You could have been Hitler for all he cares, and he'll gladly befriend you. Gon doesn't care if you killed a million people, he only cares when it affects him personally. So if you hurt his friends, then it becomes personal, and nothing can stop Gon. Even if that person is someone he barely even knew (yeah, I'm saying he barely knew Kaito), he'll still rage over it and stand up for what he thinks is right. He'll also forgive a lot of things that his friends do, as long as it doesn't affect Gon personally. So if Killua killed a random passerby Gon didn't know, he wouldn't bat an eye. If Killua killed his aunt Mito, Gon would crumble and become super unpredictable.

Early examples include: the hunter exam where Killua instantaneously ripped out the prisoner's heart. Gon didn't bat an eye. Also, the part where Killua tells Gon he is an assassin and has killed many people. Gon's reaction? Full of glee and curiosity. Then there's his lust for competition when he tried to go against Hisoka, then lost, and had to pay him back in the heaven arena arc.

Gon also bore no ill feelings towards the phantom troupe until he learned Kurapika was involved. Same thing with the convicts in Greed Island. Gon learned they had raped and murdered many people, but again, he didn't care. He even liked Razor because Razor didn't do anything to Gon (or his friends) personally. It also showed a glimpse of Gon's thirst for power; he abused Killua's hands to show off and win, without caring if Killua was in pain or not.

The first most prominent example of Gon's thirst for bloodlust and not-so-morally-right character, was when he was battling Genthru. Instead of sticking with the plan that everyone came up with, through his own arrogance, Gon had to prove his own power to Genthru, to you know, 'show him'. This lost him his voice and arm.

It just simply became even more obvious in the latest arc, and trust me, it'll get even worse.

Gon is not the naive innocent boy that everyone believed he was in the beginning. He's a deconstruction of the stereotypical happy hero of the shounen genre.

To Gon, it only matters if something happens to him personally. Touch him or his friends, and you die. Everyone else is fair game. It's as simple as that. We're going to see more of this side of Gon in this arc.
Oct 24, 2013 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
Celianna said:
endlessdevotion said:

I don't understand the people who say this is out of character for Gon. It is completely true to his morally grey character. Fearthebeard85 is right, Gon has always been like this, it's just surfacing up more and more (it'll really get out of hand by the end of the arc).

Gon lives by his own moral code. Whatever you did before Gon met you, it doesn't matter to him. You could have been Hitler for all he cares, and he'll gladly befriend you. Gon doesn't care if you killed a million people, he only cares when it affects him personally. So if you hurt his friends, then it becomes personal, and nothing can stop Gon. Even if that person is someone he barely even knew (yeah, I'm saying he barely knew Kaito), he'll still rage over it and stand up for what he thinks is right. He'll also forgive a lot of things that his friends do, as long as it doesn't affect Gon personally. So if Killua killed a random passerby Gon didn't know, he wouldn't bat an eye. If Killua killed his aunt Mito, Gon would crumble and become super unpredictable.

Early examples include: the hunter exam where Killua instantaneously ripped out the prisoner's heart. Gon didn't bat an eye. Also, the part where Killua tells Gon he is an assassin and has killed many people. Gon's reaction? Full of glee and curiosity. Then there's his lust for competition when he tried to go against Hisoka, then lost, and had to pay him back in the heaven arena arc.

Gon also bore no ill feelings towards the phantom troupe until he learned Kurapika was involved. Same thing with the convicts in Greed Island. Gon learned they had raped and murdered many people, but again, he didn't care. He even liked Razor because Razor didn't do anything to Gon (or his friends) personally. It also showed a glimpse of Gon's thirst for power; he abused Killua's hands to show off and win, without caring if Killua was in pain or not.

The first most prominent example of Gon's thirst for bloodlust and not-so-morally-right character, was when he was battling Genthru. Instead of sticking with the plan that everyone came up with, through his own arrogance, Gon had to prove his own power to Genthru, to you know, 'show him'. This lost him his voice and arm.

It just simply became even more obvious in the latest arc, and trust me, it'll get even worse.

Gon is not the naive innocent boy that everyone believed he was in the beginning. He's a deconstruction of the stereotypical happy hero of the shounen genre.

To Gon, it only matters if something happens to him personally. Touch him or his friends, and you die. Everyone else is fair game. It's as simple as that. We're going to see more of this side of Gon in this arc.

Dont you love that about gon ? :D because I do

I really hate those characters that keep saying justice and shit, for example "freezing" the main character in their pissed me off so badly that I almost dropped the show

or when goku fought frieza and wanted too give him a 2nd chance despite all he has done. I was like"dafuq is wrong with you !!"

Oct 24, 2013 11:30 AM
May 2013
destonyDbaby said:

1. when we say that power his haxxxed. we are talking about its potential. with that he can master anything

2. like you said he is skilled. i doubt that any1 can just 1 shot him. this works for feitan because its own ability only (an unique power) therefore making it haxxed

3. hunters can figure out how counter him during the fight tho they might get surprised by the attacks. not sure if it when like this but i think to be able to use jupiter, he had to do a lot of movement, with a damage body i doubt he can pull off those big moves

I like how there are 2 different discussions happening on this thread happening at once xD

1. yea Kurapika HAD the potential to master anything. He already made his hatsu which is the conjured chains and I dont think i've ever heard of any take backs in nen.
besides he wouldn't really be able to fully master it if we go by the manga description on emperor time.

2. Imma make a bold controversial hypothetical situation here and say that if the ortho siblings power were ever able to place the badge on Feitan in some way, they can essentially one shot him with a head shot. where is his hax ability now?
Oct 24, 2013 11:34 AM
Oct 2013
destonyDbaby said:

Dont you love that about gon ? :D because I do

I really hate those characters that keep saying justice and shit, for example "freezing" the main character in their pissed me off so badly that I almost dropped the show

or when goku fought frieza and wanted too give him a 2nd chance despite all he has done. I was like"dafuq is wrong with you !!"

Yup, I adore that part in Gon. He's a freak (ironic, for his last name) and you don't want to cross him.

It's funny how Killua, who started off as the bad-ass assassin with no emotions, keeps growing up to be a better person, whereas Gon who was portrayed as 'sugar, spice and everything nice' is now spiraling out of control.
CeliannaOct 24, 2013 11:44 AM
Oct 24, 2013 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
@featherbeard85 @Celianna
Now that you mention it yea, what you folks say is surely about right.
So Celianne no offence now! But I still feel like the way how you put it, makes Gon sound like a lot "worse" person than what he actually is.
I mean I think he's just extremely simple minded when it comes to these things, but he is also really courteous and clearly does sense what is right and wrong even if it didn't directly affect him or his friends. This is probably atleast partially thanks to Mito.

It's only that he doesn't judge people by their past. (like you said!)
Personally I feel Gon just lives in the present and only cares about how someone seems to be at the very moment. So.. no matter what Razor had done in the past, when Gon meets him he seems like a nice guy to him, so he doesn't care, but when he sees that serial killer prisoner for example, he knows he doesn't mean anything good so he doesn't care even if Killua kills him.

Another example about this "Gon doesn't care if people die" thing... when he heard that they should just wait for the ants to slaughter 5 million people he didn't just pass that by a shrug.
So I'm 100% sure Gon WOULD care if Killua just killed some random passerby, I mean, just no, he doesn't wish any harm to innocent people, nor wants to hurt anyone's feelings. (he actually doesn't even like to kill his own ENEMIES, unless it's necessary)

And about that troupe thing, didn't he get infuriated about them when he learnt that they weren't just a "heartless killing machines" but actually got some feelings towards other people when he saw Nobunaga mourning about Uvo? I can't remember that having anything to do with Kurapika? :P (could be I just remember wrong)

So yea in short, he just has his very own way of thinking (again, like you said) but he's by no means a bad person (not that I thought you were exactly implying that) even if he judges people in his own way, as I think his own "moral code" really isn't all that bad. :P
I think featherbeard descripted him pretty well, and celianna for sure made me realize more about his true nature even tho I don't complitely agree with what you said (:

But I guess this one thing we can all agree is that he has for sure turned out to be a lot different and more interesting character than people used to think at the first sight. (: And I'm really looking forward to see things spin out of control later on, as been hinted :3

And by the way, I don't wish to be struck arguing about this with anyone, as it's pretty painful for me to try make my points clear when I have so many things floating in my mind and cos my english skills ain't that good either.
rolffxdOct 24, 2013 1:21 PM
Life left to go
Oct 24, 2013 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
rolffxd said:
So Celianne no offence now! But I still feel like the way how you put it, makes Gon sound like a lot "worse" person than what he actually is.
I mean I think he's just extremely simple minded when it comes to these things, but he is also really courteous and clearly does sense what is right and wrong even if it didn't directly affect him or his friends. This is probably atleast partially thanks to Mito.

Personally I feel Gon just lives in the present and only cares about how someone seems to be at the very moment. So.. no matter what Razor had done in the past, when Gon meets him he seems like a nice guy to him, so he doesn't care, but when he sees that serial killer prisoner for example, he knows he doesn't mean anything good so he doesn't care even if Killua kills him.

Another example about this "Gon doesn't care if people die" thing... when he heard that they should just wait for the ants to slaughter 5 million people he didn't just pass that by a shrug.
So I'm 100% sure Gon WOULD care if Killua just killed some random passerby, I mean, just no, he doesn't wish any harm to innocent people, nor wants to hurt anyone's feelings. (he actually doesn't even like to kill his own ENEMIES, unless it's necessary)

And about that troupe thing, didn't he get infuriated about them when he learnt that they weren't just a "heartless killing machines" but actually got some feelings towards other people when he saw Nobunaga mourning about Uvo? I can't remember that having anything to do with Kurapika? :P (could be I just remember wrong)

So yea in short, he just has his very own way of thinking (again, like you said) but he's by no means a bad person (not that I thought you were exactly implying that) even if he judges people in his own way, as I think his own "moral code" really isn't all that bad. :P
I think featherbeard descripted him pretty well, and celianna for sure made me realize more about his true nature even tho I don't complitely agree with what you said (:

But I guess this one thing we can all agree is that he has for sure turned out to be a lot different and more interesting character than people used to think at the first sight. (: And I'm really looking forward to see things spin out of control later on, as been hinted :3

And by the way, I don't wish to be struck arguing about this with anyone, as it's pretty painful for me to try make my points clear when I have so many things floating in my mind and cos my english skills ain't that good either.

Basically, Gon does what ever the fuck he wants :D

Oct 24, 2013 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
Netero serious mode on..
Keep moving forward
Oct 24, 2013 2:56 PM

Mar 2013
1. Killua's GODSPEED.

2. Hyped to see Gon's "eyes" he showed to Meloron when he was serious during those moments.

3. Always respected Ikalgo. He's a true homie.
Oct 24, 2013 3:19 PM
Apr 2013
People who think that was out of character for Gon... need to pay attention more.
Oct 24, 2013 4:05 PM
Oct 2013
rolffxd said:

It wasn't my intention to imply Gon is a bad person or something, I was explaining he's not the innocent little naive boy some people thought he was. Gon isn't inherently evil or something. I was pointing out that, while Gon can stand up for what is right (he doesn't like it when innocent people who cannot defend themselves get involved), he can also do a face-heel-turn and not care if people die or not.

He's a morally grey character; he just does what he thinks is right :) I think you agree with that part as well.

Also, your example with the phantom troupe; it's part of Gon's character. He knew these guys were murders, but that didn't piss him off. No, it pissed him off when he was confronted with people who went against Gon's believes; not hurting friends. That's when he got pissed off, because they were supposed to be friends, and friends take care of each other. He honestly did not care they murdered people (... unless they were friends). Haha.

The part where Gon is upset about 5 million people dying doesn't really count, as he is already personally involved. Much like how many people died in Greed Island, Gon found it shocking but it wasn't like he was jumping at the chance to kill Genthru immediately. He only did it after being asked to take care of him. In this arc, Gon is already on a vengeance to kill Pitou.

Oh, which reminds me of another example; he let that creepy scissors guy go free in Greed Island despite being wanted by hunters, all because he personally did Gon a favour.

There have been loads of subtle, and not so subtle clues in the series that show this odd and dark side of Gon. Personally, this is part of why I love HxH.
Oct 24, 2013 9:16 PM

Jul 2010
MCAL said:
People who think that was out of character for Gon... need to pay attention more.

Totally agree.
Oct 25, 2013 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
Oh man, this arc is getting beyond stupid each episode. Now darts and this octopus thing. And Gon being either retarded or psycho. It's still quite fun to watch but I really miss hunter exam. Even GI was fine but CA are like some kind of bad trip.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 25, 2013 5:04 PM

Oct 2008
Antanaru said:
Oh man, this arc is getting beyond stupid each episode. Now darts and this octopus thing. And Gon being either retarded or psycho. It's still quite fun to watch but I really miss hunter exam. Even GI was fine but CA are like some kind of bad trip.

The darts are all completely in-line with the universe's logic, so I don't really get the complaint there. As it's been discussed, Gon's displayed nothing out of character here, and I think the writing's better than it's ever been.

Interesting opinion though, I guess. This arc isn't everyone's cup of tea. Personally, it's by far and away my favorite one.
Oct 25, 2013 6:57 PM
Sep 2013
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

The darts are all completely in-line with the universe's logic, so I don't really get the complaint there. As it's been discussed, Gon's displayed nothing out of character here, and I think the writing's better than it's ever been.

Interesting opinion though, I guess. This arc isn't everyone's cup of tea. Personally, it's by far and away my favorite one.

It's my second favorite after Yorknew (I read the manga but don't do this) but hopefully the palace invasion and the ending will change the minds of those who don't like it so far. My only gripe is that I wish Madhouse stuck with the fast pacing of 3 chapters per episode initially.
Oct 25, 2013 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

It's my second favorite after Yorknew (I read the manga but don't do this) but hopefully the palace invasion and the ending will change the minds of those who don't like it so far. My only gripe is that I wish Madhouse stuck with the fast pacing of 3 chapters per episode initially.
I'm just glad they didn't go five chapters per episode like in Greed Island.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Oct 26, 2013 5:56 AM
Oct 2012
Guys please some one tell me whats the ost name that starts in 12:52 in the episode 101 Pleaseeee i searched a lot and didnt find it :(
Oct 26, 2013 12:02 PM
May 2013
Hahaha oh man...read a semi QQ post above and im sorry but all i can do is laugh at that. To clarify, there has hardly anything "stupid" that has happened in this arc so far in actuality (i mean it is considered a deconstruction of a genre) but the reason you're probably acting this way is how you got majorly trolled by the first arc expecting this show to be something like it throughout. Can't blame ya though, i see those green short shorts with a happy go lucky face and...well you know the rest.

But that is not hxh. HxH in itself evolves as it goes on and so do the characters and it rarely ever looks back. What we're witnessing out of Gon now is what Zepile saw in his keen insight in him two arcs back. We are simply seeing this at play since Pitou is the perfect catalyst for bringing out Gon's true raw nature. Amazing foreshadowing by Togashi if you ask me since it was so subtle at the time it was presented that reflecting back to it now makes me go "Aaaah..."
Oct 28, 2013 1:02 AM

Jun 2012
WOO WHAT A COOL GUY, that octopus ^^

gedata said:
BROctopus

Oct 28, 2013 3:16 AM

Oct 2012
Celianna said:
endlessdevotion said:

lol wat he didnt abuse Killua's hands to show off and win, he did care about killua's hands but there was no other way to win the match the way gon wanted to without killua holding the ball. He even said that if Hisoka or Biscuit were holding it instead of kill he wouldnt be able to unleash 100% of his power.
Oct 28, 2013 9:00 AM
Oct 2012
HellBlazer3 said:
Guys please some one tell me whats the ost name that starts in 12:52 in the episode 101 Pleaseeee i searched a lot and didnt find it :(
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE anyone I really want it ??????
Oct 28, 2013 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
HellBlazer3 said:
HellBlazer3 said:
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE anyone I really want it ??????
It's just another one of those unreleased anime OST.
Oct 28, 2013 1:04 PM
Apr 2013
TokyoRyo said:
lol wat he didnt abuse Killua's hands to show off and win, he did care about killua's hands but there was no other way to win the match the way gon wanted to without killua holding the ball. He even said that if Hisoka or Biscuit were holding it instead of kill he wouldnt be able to unleash 100% of his power.

There were other ways to win the match. No matter how powerful Gon was, Biscuit and Hisoka were a lot stronger, and he knew it. He could have asked one of them to punch the ball with Tzesguerra (not sure about the spelling) holding it. Killua wouldn't have had to suffer and victory would have been a lot more likely. The difference being that it wouldn't have been Gon's victory. And Gon wanted to win by himself. Killua's well-being obviously wasn't his priority.
Django_FreemanOct 28, 2013 1:10 PM
Oct 29, 2013 12:53 PM
Apr 2013
Django_Freeman said:
TokyoRyo said:

There were other ways to win the match. No matter how powerful Gon was, Biscuit and Hisoka were a lot stronger, and he knew it. He could have asked one of them to punch the ball with Tzesguerra (not sure about the spelling) holding it. Killua wouldn't have had to suffer and victory would have been a lot more likely. The difference being that it wouldn't have been Gon's victory. And Gon wanted to win by himself. Killua's well-being obviously wasn't his priority.

You completely ignored what he just said. The point is Gon trusts Killua so much that Killua trust Gon so much that he could only unleash his full power if Killua was the one holding the ball.
Oct 29, 2013 2:31 PM
Apr 2013
MCAL said:
You completely ignored what he just said. The point is Gon trusts Killua so much that Killua trust Gon so much that he could only unleash his full power if Killua was the one holding the ball.

You misread my post. I'm not saying that Gon should have asked Biscuit or Hisoka to hold the ball for him. I'm saying he should have asked Biscuit or Hisoka to PUNCH the ball instead of him. Tactically this would have been the best decision. With Tzesguerra holding the ball, nobody would have had to hurt his hands, and since Hisoka and Biscuit are both a lot more powerful than Gon, their odds of victory would have been higher. And Gon knew all this. But as always, his selfishness and pride prevailed.
Oct 30, 2013 12:12 PM
Oct 2013
TokyoRyo said:

Gon is Killua's best friend, and Gon would do anything for Killua, even if that means he has to die. Their weirdly obsessed relationship with each other is my number one reason why I love HxH so much. They have pure love for one another, and that's as plain as day.

But I'm not ignorant enough to say that Gon, in that exact scene, cared about Killua's hands. He didn't. His selfishness surfaced up, and Gon had to prove he could win this match. He had to use Killua only, because Killua's his best friend - but pain be damned. Even if Killua would have his hands blown off by the last punch, Gon would still do it (and Killua would oblige). There were plenty of other things Gon could have done, including using Hisoka instead, but Gon had to have his way, and he did in fact, abuse Killua's hands.

Even if Gon and Killua care for each other so much that they'd die for one another, this doesn't mean Gon stops being selfish. You'll see this return in future episodes, his selfishness and not caring about Killua's feelings on the matter.

It's just part of Gon's personality.
Oct 31, 2013 6:18 AM

Apr 2010
i was about to cry when killua's eye changed *^*"
Nov 3, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Amaaaazing. I didn't think that octopus would actually become an ally to Killua! It's kinda sweet and provides a lotta comic relief. :)

Great episode, but I hate seeing my baby Killua like this. :'( Don't die, sweetheaaart.
Nov 12, 2013 5:24 AM
May 2009
This episode, and this show in general, made my pants tight.
Nov 12, 2013 8:19 AM

May 2013
Celianna said:
TokyoRyo said:

Gon is Killua's best friend, and Gon would do anything for Killua, even if that means he has to die. Their weirdly obsessed relationship with each other is my number one reason why I love HxH so much. They have pure love for one another, and that's as plain as day.

But I'm not ignorant enough to say that Gon, in that exact scene, cared about Killua's hands. He didn't. His selfishness surfaced up, and Gon had to prove he could win this match. He had to use Killua only, because Killua's his best friend - but pain be damned. Even if Killua would have his hands blown off by the last punch, Gon would still do it (and Killua would oblige). There were plenty of other things Gon could have done, including using Hisoka instead, but Gon had to have his way, and he did in fact, abuse Killua's hands.

Even if Gon and Killua care for each other so much that they'd die for one another, this doesn't mean Gon stops being selfish. You'll see this return in future episodes, his selfishness and not caring about Killua's feelings on the matter.

It's just part of Gon's personality.

While I do agree Gon has a selfish side, you guys make it sound like he forced Killua to hold the ball. Killua wanted to do this and was even scared that Gon wouldnt let him if he knew how badly injured Killua's hands were. And it's not like Gon's gives a damn about losing hands, he let the bomber blow up his hand just to kick him ones lmao.

A better example of Gon's selfishness is when he told the bombers to come and fight them right after the match. He didn't think/care about Killua's condition and was willing to put him in danger just to please his pride.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Nov 24, 2013 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

Being fed up of the show it took me a few weeks to watch this episode, so I am kinda late to post here...
I find the dart power of those fish ants to be extremely gimmicky. A dart pro hunter with the ability would have been believable, but chimera ants that actually built a fucking bar in an underground cave... are you serious?
This episode was soooo silly. It didn´t help that they kept talking with their heads decapitated o_O
I don´t quite get why everybody loves this episode so much. It´s by the book fodder. It´s pretty much the same as episode 100.
And Killua being "awesome" and killing the siblings in one strike was not only predictable as fuck but also something we have seen so many times. The novelty has worn off at this point.
Nov 24, 2013 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
confused_Imakuni said:
Dangerr said:
Antanaru said:

Being fed up of the show it took me a few weeks to watch this episode, so I am kinda late to post here...
I find the dart power of those fish ants to be extremely gimmicky. A dart pro hunter with the ability would have been believable, but chimera ants that actually built a fucking bar in an underground cave... are you serious?
This episode was soooo silly. It didn´t help that they kept talking with their heads decapitated o_O
I don´t quite get why everybody loves this episode so much. It´s by the book fodder. It´s pretty much the same as episode 100.
And Killua being "awesome" and killing the siblings in one strike was not only predictable as fuck but also something we have seen so many times. The novelty has worn off at this point.
Maybe you already know, but practically all the arcs before this one deviated from the manga slightly by skipping scenes and even simplifying in the dialogue aspect - namely in the PT arc and especially in G.I. And now, they are maintaining all that extra dialogue (with somewhat more consistent pacing even) suddenly to commemorate the first animated coverage of this arc.
So, on top of you feeling bored, this amount of technical dialogue must feel immensely out of left field.

This series in Japan may actually be reliant on the pretense that people are already die-hard fans, what with the late-night weekday time-slot and much more evidence to back that up - such as how popular it happens to be.

I know where you're coming from, but these are some factors to take into consideration. The style in the manga had definitely changed by this point, and even more-so as a contrast in the anime.

Not implying you have to like it, but a looot of people who express their detest for this arc have seemingly never done so without being remotely subjective toward it.
ShigyCNov 24, 2013 3:02 PM
Dec 12, 2013 11:35 PM

Jan 2012
killua & octobro! octopus better make it out alive or ill ragequit
when palm and sensei said they knew someone who was more suited to fighting the cheetah dude, i thought they meant killua. as far as i know, hes one of the top in reflex and speed
Jan 9, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2013
that octopus guy touched my heart... awwww

awesome kill back there Killua! didn't see that coming..
Jan 11, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
The octopus is such a sweetie pie..didn't really like the dart game though

Jan 12, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2008
Now, HxH feels like a "shounen" series to me! Tako is way too cool!
Feb 28, 2014 3:03 AM

Jun 2011
FUCK YO! "Because you're cool" Yo go Killua, you're the man!

The one sided beating was meh, but Killua's hint for his next power up is good.

BROctopus to the rescue!! He is a cool octopus indeed, especially his thick eyebrow! Hang in there Killua!!

confused_Imakuni said:

Yeah how can they keep talking as if it's nothing after they got decapitated. Killua should've finish them off.
We like it because of Killua and of course, BROctopus!
Have to agree with that.

@the siblings, I smelled incest.
ToG25thBaamFeb 28, 2014 3:10 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
You know, in retrospect this is probably my least favorite part of this arc. The dart battle is one of the few instances I didn't consider a fight well done in the series, probably because darts just aren't that interesting to me. It's important though because because these episodes introduce Ikalgo, so it isn't that big a deal to me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
You know, in retrospect this is probably my least favorite part of this arc. The dart battle is one of the few instances I didn't consider a fight well done in the series, probably because darts just aren't that interesting to me. It's important though because because these episodes introduce Ikalgo, so it isn't that big a deal to me.

I never considered it a fight, it was somewhat like... Hanzo torturing Gon.
I liked the way they showed Killua in this light who was always the cool guy who 1-hits everyone, is now near death, and can still think as fast as if he were composed. Especially after removing the needle.

How the new lightning ability 'originates' looked very cool and well-thought imo

My least favorite part was post-Phantom Troupe rampage, with Gon fighting off batsy and Gorilla-ant or was it a bird?
As well as the snake-ant.

Which is incidentally a few episodes prior to your least fav.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2009
judals said:
insan3Spectre said:

I never considered it a fight, it was somewhat like... Hanzo torturing Gon.
I liked the way they showed Killua in this light who was always the cool guy who 1-hits everyone, is now near death, and can still think as fast as if he were composed. Especially after removing the needle.

How the new lightning ability 'originates' looked very cool and well-thought imo

My least favorite part was post-Phantom Troupe rampage, with Gon fighting off batsy and Gorilla-ant or was it a bird?
As well as the snake-ant.

Which is incidentally a few episodes prior to your least fav.

Yeah, again it just goes back to me not being very interested in darts. That's why I didn't say "worst" and used "least favorite" to describe my thoughts. It was indeed important for Killua's character and it introduced a power that will be important later on, so yeah, it's important.

Honestly, I wasn't too big on Gon's battle before this either. It did have it's importance in Meleoron and all, so it isn't that big an issue. I like how alot of the things going on now are payed off later on in the arc.

I think the arc really gets going from roughly here on out, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
I understand

about Gon's battles, it just felt silly, it felt like a demotion from the regular 'intellectual' battles we had before, and afterward with Morel.

It just dawned on me that Killua has never been in a serious fight against a good adversary,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - 1 hour ago

8 by animedude1287 »»
5 minutes ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

42 by Merve2Love »»
Yesterday, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.