Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2013 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was pretty badass. Killua ;o

Those fish-like projectiles looks kinda weird though. Overall, I did like the episode considering Killua is one of my favorites from the series. He looks like a living target now though.

http://i.imgur.com/fAZDAEa.png
Killua ;.;
Oct 22, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2011
Bloodly episode, the results of the time-slot change?
Also Ikalgo is a bro
Oct 22, 2013 9:55 AM

May 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Those fish-like projectiles looks kinda weird though. Overall, I did like the episode considering Killua is one of my favorites from the series. He looks like a living target now though.

Killua ;.;

Is the episode over on tv? i'm waiting for the sub version :|
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Oct 22, 2013 9:57 AM

Feb 2013
SaSa777 said:
Stark700 said:

Killua ;.;

Is the episode over on tv? i'm waiting for the sub version :|

yes, it literally just aired
Oct 22, 2013 11:29 AM

Jun 2012
Madhouse was tapping into their Kaiji/Akagi/OneOuts roots during that dart game. The narrator giving insight that the characters didn't want to tell each other was the icing on the cake

I didn't even realize when I read this part that Gon and Killua say the same thing about not having to show mercy to Chimera Ants. Kind of cool to see the similarities between them. As much as I like Killua's screen filter when he goes into Assassin mode, Gon's was far more eerie for me considering how atypical it is from his usual self

Really liking Octobro's seiyuu which is only making me more excited for later
Oct 22, 2013 11:42 AM

Oct 2011
ValeBreck said:
Bloodly episode, the results of the time-slot change?
Also Ikalgo is a bro

Let's not get carried away here, don't forget the scene in Yorkshin where Feitan and Franklin wiped out the auction house and the entire floor was flooded with a pool of blood. They were able to accomplish that in the morning time slot. Just saying.

Overall great episode, I really enjoyed this fight in the manga and Madhouse did an excellent job. This fight always really reminded me of Yusuke's encounter with Sniper from Chapter Black of Yu Yu Hakusho.
Oct 22, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
That was so cool ^^

Ikalgo is such a BRO!! :D...Awesome friend :)
Lol'd at his eyes when he was falling wishing to be a squid XD

And Killua was absolutely BA as usual.
Taking the darts like the BOSS he is. Having mastered darts at a young age.
Also using his electricity for quicker reflexes hehe.
Finally he's starting to show his skills bit by bit.
Loved the scene he felt he was dying. Awesome job by the VA there.
How he was surprised that all this is blood and talking non-chalantly like that XD

And finally Gon. DAMN!! That was creepy as hell XD
Acting all innocent then "It'll be easier if u're a liar." "I don't need to have mercy then" With DEM Friggin eyes O_O
He probably pissed his pants XD
Oct 22, 2013 12:06 PM

Mar 2007
That was a really good episode, I've pretty much forgotten about the fact that the beginning of this arc was boring me to death.
Oct 22, 2013 12:13 PM
Mar 2013
fanty said:
That was a really good episode, I've pretty much forgotten about the fact that the beginning of this arc was boring me to death.

Well the arc is 132 chapters which is twice the size of the two longest arcs in One Piece combined so it's bound to have it's slow moments.. But to me the arc is just about to begin escpecially when they infiltrate the palace after that it's pretty much nonstop intense stuff
IchinoezOct 22, 2013 12:25 PM
Oct 22, 2013 12:15 PM

May 2013
Good episode, cant wait to see Killua's new power in full glory. I lol'd at Ikalgo moments.

Titel for next episode is '' power x and x games'' >>>>>> we probably gonna see the girl from the ending next week :)

@ fearthebeard85, true we have seen enough blood during YSC arc but we haven't seen one of the main characters bleed this much if im not mistaken. Gon lost his hand in GI but i can't remember this much blood.

Anyways it to early to say whether this has anything to do with time-slot change. Let's wait to see how they handle later episodes.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Oct 22, 2013 12:20 PM
Oct 2011
Pretty good episode, kinda like a change of pace from all the mediocre pack of episodes we got since the King's birth. Makes me even more excited for the 2nd half and the infiltration of the palace.

Ikalgo is a pretty cool character. Octopus of the arc without a doubt.
Oct 22, 2013 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
fanty said:

Trust me this is still the "boring" part of the arc :P it gets better.
Oct 22, 2013 12:30 PM

Jul 2013
1. I can already tell that Octopus guy is going to be one of my favorite characters in this show.

2. Ever since Killua took that needle out of his head, he's been growing on me. He's been going HAM lately, taking a page out of the Gon Freecs playbook. But putting his own assassin'ish spin on it, of course.

3. Gon had one small scene, but I loved it.

4. That Netero preview...
Oct 22, 2013 12:51 PM

Mar 2013
Amazing ass episode, I totally forgot about the darts guy that I read in the manga. Even though I already read the manga watching the actual anime feels a lot better. This episode totally brightened out my day.
Oct 22, 2013 12:58 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Awesome!!! I hope Tako doesn't die TwT
Oct 22, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2009
Octobro is the best~
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 22, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2010
Killua as usual being badass.
Oct 22, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2013
Thats a cool power the siblings were using. I can say that the octopus is offically cool now.
Oct 22, 2013 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
Dat octopus being a bro. FRIENDSHIP CONQUERS ALL DEFEAT.
Oct 22, 2013 2:30 PM

Aug 2013
Ichinoze said:
fanty said:

Well the arc is 132 chapters which is twice the size of the two longest arcs in One Piece combined so it's bound to have it's slow moments.. But to me the arc is just about to begin escpecially when they infiltrate the palace after that it's pretty much nonstop intense stuff

I only watch the anime. Could you tell me how many more episodes that you think there will be before they infiltrate the palace?
Oct 22, 2013 2:37 PM

Apr 2009
Lol. Gon is such a psycho
Oct 22, 2013 2:39 PM

Oct 2008
sanjithecook123 said:
Ichinoze said:
fanty said:

I only watch the anime. Could you tell me how many more episodes that you think there will be before they infiltrate the palace?
I'm taking a complete wild guess, as I haven't read it in a while, but I'd probably say around 7-10 episodes from now.
Oct 22, 2013 2:41 PM
Mar 2013
sanjithecook123 said:
Ichinoze said:
fanty said:

I'd say 12 episodes but probably less.. There will be exciting stuff before that though
Oct 22, 2013 2:42 PM

Aug 2013
Ichinoze said:
sanjithecook123 said:
Ichinoze said:
fanty said:

I'd say 12 episodes but probably less.. There will be exciting stuff before that though

Can't wait! Thanks!
Oct 22, 2013 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
Hey anyone wanna be a Kampfer?
Urara
Oct 22, 2013 2:53 PM

Jul 2010
Ikalgo is such a great character.Killua, don't you dare to die!
Also, Gon and Killua are being damn sick again:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/30kyrs4.jpg

Masterpiece/5
EDIT. HOLY SHIT that old man Netero is looking OP in the preview.
Oct 22, 2013 3:28 PM
May 2013
Everybody loves Ikalgo.

Last two episodes have been great, my only (minor) nitpick would be how they didn't put extra emphasis on Pitou's pose in this page ♥
[URL]http://i10.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/235/hunter-x-hunter-327381.jpg[/URL]

Well, hopefully they'll reuse it elsewhere ... You never get too much of Pitou

The episodes are getting shorter lately... 23:35 instead of the usual 24:30
Curious O_O They could have included the omitted bit with the drat brothers begging to Ikalgo for their life, they had time for that.

Chapter 242 already (well, more like its first three pages)? That's like 98 chapters left...
Next week is gungi!
Netero's closeup was awesome, thought it was something else though

That said...
Oct 22, 2013 3:44 PM

Sep 2013
Fodders putting Killua near-death
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Oct 22, 2013 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
ShigyC said:

This clearly shows danger in the show
most of the time when characters gets power they seem invincible
for example naruto. really, does any of the rookies 10 has even 1% chance to kill him ?
in the hunter x hunter it would be quite possible since anything can happen

Oct 22, 2013 3:49 PM
Apr 2013
MonteGabar said:
The episodes are getting shorter lately... 23:35 instead of the usual 24:30
Curious O_O They could have included the omitted bit with the drat brothers begging to Ikalgo for their life, they had time for that.

The episodes have always been 23:35.
Oct 22, 2013 4:28 PM

Nov 2010
kinda got kaiji vibes from killua when he was explaining the dart game. ah that was a great ep. tfw the octopus helped Killua.
Oct 22, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2010
Octopus being a bro. Brilliant episode.
Btw, I had JoJo's vibes this episode, and this is actually a good thing.
Oct 22, 2013 5:42 PM

Nov 2012
Gon is starting to scare me I never seen a character that was genuinely a good person but was literally out for blood like that.
Oct 22, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2013
I hope Ikalgo becomes a partner for Killua and Gon. I don't know about that Chameleon guy though.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Oct 22, 2013 5:47 PM

Mar 2013
Never actually thought I could see my Killua in that condition... But he was such a badass cutting their heads off. The octopus turned out to be a kind person. I hope everything stays alright, awesome episode, as always.
Oct 22, 2013 6:01 PM

Dec 2011
Damn. Killua finished this quickly, now he has a Chimera Ant buddy too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2009
lol that Ikalgo became a traitor i just hope he will not die later
Oct 22, 2013 7:19 PM
May 2013
I am now convinced that either Togashi or Madhouse (or both) had a bit of inspiration from George Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). Those siblings had some incestuous inclinations and them both having blonde hair does not help in shaking these thoughts lol
XvengerOct 22, 2013 7:23 PM
Oct 22, 2013 7:32 PM

Dec 2012
OMG I loved this episode so much :D 5/5

Ikalgo was really cool from the beginning of the episode till the end. Ikalgo FTW. It's been a long time since I liked a character so quickly. Ikalgo did it ;)
Gon is a beast, I loved how he turned serious and threatened Meleoron.
Killua is... I can't even describe how awesome he is.
And I really liked the gore. I'm happy the time slot changed.
That rape face at the preview. was he Netero? :D
Albi-kunOct 22, 2013 7:40 PM
Oct 22, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2012
Bros before ants!
you sound poor
Oct 22, 2013 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
Jesus christ the light fading out of killlua's eyes nearly gave me a heart attack. Haven't felt that way for a while.

The ep was perfection! Gon scene was great too. I find it amazing that two new relationships can resonate so strongly.
Oct 22, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2008
Vesperlynd said:
Jesus christ the light fading out of killlua's eyes nearly gave me a heart attack. Haven't felt that way for a while.

The ep was perfection! Gon scene was great too. I find it amazing that two new relationships can resonate so strongly.

Dude this ain't no LoGH. Main characters do not die non-epic deaths.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Oct 22, 2013 8:50 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Ikalgo is a cool guy indeed. That dart needle fish nen ability between the brother and sister duo is pretty cool. Killuia is really smart for figuring out how to counter that last needlefish. He lost so much blood and is still conscious. What a BOSS!! Cannot wait for next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 22, 2013 9:36 PM

Apr 2010
What an incredible episode, these are the kind of eps where you realize how amazing this anime/manga is and that Togashi is a genius, he's unique

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Oct 22, 2013 10:15 PM

Jul 2008
OMG Killua almost died... and there comes mr. octopus saved the day!! :D
Oct 22, 2013 10:24 PM
Feb 2013
destonyDbaby said:
ShigyC said:

for example naruto. really, does any of the rookies 10 has even 1% chance to kill him ?

Which is why HxH is so good. It usually boils down to how smart you are and what tactics you employ to win. It's not just about raw power or how much talent a character has. A fodder can beat a generally stronger character, vice versa.

Good episode.
Oct 22, 2013 10:44 PM

Oct 2011
xieghart said:
destonyDbaby said:
ShigyC said:

Which is why HxH is so good. It usually boils down to how smart you are and what tactics you employ to win. It's not just about raw power or how much talent a character has. A fodder can beat a generally stronger character, vice versa.

Good episode.

Well I mean to put it into perspective...

The power difference in Killua's favor to the Ortho Siblings is probably to a similar level to that of Gon and Genthru and yet Gon was able to win that fight. To be fair, I can't honestly gauge those power gaps to be exactly precise because they could be greater in Gon-Genthru's case or vice versa, but you see what I'm getting at.

The Ortho Siblings almost being able to best Killua even though they were heavily outclassed in raw aura and strength was because of the situation and their strategy. The same can be said about Gon's victory over Genthru. Had the Ortho Siblings not let down their guard and finished Killua off, the same could've been said there.

So basically I'm just further reiterating what everyone already knows, but this is exactly why Nen is such a great power concept. Obviously there will still be your typical overpowered abilities, but depending on your application of your ability, strategy and the situation anyone can beat anyone. Morel wasn't bullshitting when he told Killua that.
fearthebeard85Oct 22, 2013 10:50 PM
Oct 23, 2013 2:08 AM

Apr 2013
Tako!
Oct 23, 2013 2:22 AM

Jul 2013
Can't wait for next episode. Netero's time.
Oct 23, 2013 2:53 AM

Jun 2011
Killua very impressive!
5/5
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.