Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 23, 2013 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
Demonshaw17 said:

Well I mean he ended up just borrowing power, That sword and the cabinet of blood had nothing to do with and kind of his own power they were just doing what they were designed to do. It was promising to see the whole "overcome with will power" thing that happened with the blood talismans but other than that haven't seen any actual power of his own. And knowing anime he won't show any until the last 2 episodes.

Wasn't Harutora supposed to be the "untalented" one in his family? he didn't even want to become a shaman in the first place. I think it makes sense that he doesn't have much power if he barely trained as a shaman.

In the end all of the shamans we've seen were mostly using tools as you said. They fought by using their familiars, weapons (so far we've seen guns, sword, bow), seals.. I bet Harutora will have his own shikigami later on, probably that white hair fox girl in the preview
Oct 23, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2009
Three eps. and I still don't see any ravens.
Oct 23, 2013 12:38 PM
Sep 2012
can someone explain to me how touji knows natsume and how she knows him
Oct 23, 2013 12:52 PM

Apr 2010
Fiji said:
I knew it, Hokuto is Natsume's familiar after all. Hokuto pretty much got her personality from Natsume herself.

Hopefully, the anime becomes better after this introductory arc.

EDIT: I haven't read the light novel but the evidence does seem to point to Natsume being the animator of Hokuto the girl familiar. Especially since she knew who Touji was.

Happy to say I couldn't give this episode anything other than a 5/5. Best of the 3 episodes so far especially because they seem to have improved the fluidity of the CGI scenes a bit compared to episode 2.
VandesdelcaOct 24, 2013 12:22 AM
Oct 23, 2013 1:29 PM

Jul 2010
Everything about this episode was predictable. I couldn't enjoy the fight because of the shitty CGI. Also ffs, how stupid do you have to be to not notice that Hokuto was Natsume's shikigami?
Oct 23, 2013 1:37 PM

Mar 2010
Reinou said:
Everything about this episode was predictable. I couldn't enjoy the fight because of the shitty CGI. Also ffs, how stupid do you have to be to not notice that Hokuto was Natsume's shikigami?

Then I guess a lot people are stupid then. Seriously, there is no reason to insult others just because you figured it out, connection was hidden quite well enough that hard to notice unless looking for specific details or were manga/lLN reader.
Oct 23, 2013 1:48 PM

Jul 2010
Jagd84 said:
Reinou said:

Then I guess a lot people are stupid then. Seriously, there is no reason to insult others just because you figured it out, connection was hidden quite well enough that hard to notice unless looking for specific details or were manga/lLN reader.

Umm, I meant the MC, not the viewers. It should be fairly obvious to him with all the similar lines from Hokuto and Natsume and the fact Natsume has a dragon with the same name. I mean, come on...
Oct 23, 2013 3:54 PM

Jul 2012
Hokuto = Natsume? Yes? Bakatora is stupid LOL Even I understood that. :P Kise Touji's funny. I'd like to see more of him.

I'm glad they fixed some of the audio volume issues this time, but execution still lacks a bit. It just seems irregular to place a big fight scene in the third episode when none of the characters have gotten any development yet, nor do I care about them that much. I'm not quite sure why Suzuka was in the midst of this arc - she's not very interesting, other than being obsessed with her onii-chan.
Oct 23, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2010
Anime of the season

that look on Touji's eyes xD
Oct 23, 2013 4:17 PM

Oct 2012
hurrrrrrrtora

^ Why isn't this updating...
Oct 23, 2013 4:30 PM

Mar 2010
Reinou said:
Jagd84 said:
Reinou said:

Umm, I meant the MC, not the viewers. It should be fairly obvious to him with all the similar lines from Hokuto and Natsume and the fact Natsume has a dragon with the same name. I mean, come on...

I see.

However he already asked her about Dragon's name though and she simply lied. Harutora has no reason to distrust her before why would he now? Furthermore Hokuto is a common name anyway. Her lines themselves don't mean anything on their own.
Iron_MawOct 23, 2013 4:43 PM
Oct 23, 2013 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
Bakatora indeed. At least the characters are aware of that. Sensing a running gag...
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 23, 2013 4:41 PM
Mar 2013
Demonshaw17 said:
PLEASE for the love of god don't let the MC be one of these useless as heck men that doesn't show any real power till like the last 2 episodes -.- one of the only things that is a quick fire way to peev me off

Don't worry about it.

battlemonster13 said:
can someone explain to me how touji knows natsume and how she knows him

Derp. Toji is a spirit seer. Go figure. Hint, rewatch the episode.
CRaduOct 23, 2013 5:11 PM
Oct 23, 2013 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
Shenron!!
The fight was ok and looking forward to the new school they're going to!
Baka-tora indeed :)
Oct 23, 2013 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
so wut happened to the loli...
shes like the only redeeming char.
natsume not bad but this MC useless as fuark

fucking OP box though
Oct 23, 2013 5:47 PM

Mar 2010
Kurogashi said:
so wut happened to the loli...
shes like the only redeeming char.
natsume not bad but this MC useless as fuark

fucking OP box though

Harutora is certainly dense (which is amusing), but how was he useless again?
Oct 23, 2013 5:48 PM

Apr 2013
Bakatora after all those hints he still doesn't get it. But its good to know that Hokuto was Natsume herself.
Oct 23, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
It's a shame this show has pretty awful CG because I am actually really enjoying it so far. Already had some great moments.
Oct 23, 2013 7:17 PM

Mar 2012
I think the graphics are really cool. except the contrast may be a bit weird but it's like my ideal world ( yeah make me into an anime character). anyone know what happened to Suzuka?
Oct 24, 2013 1:36 AM

Mar 2010
Andyis said:
I think the graphics are really cool. except the contrast may be a bit weird but it's like my ideal world ( yeah make me into an anime character). anyone know what happened to Suzuka?

Omitted from the anime, but Onmyou Agency took her into custody afterward. Not to hard to guess.
Oct 24, 2013 3:32 AM

Jul 2009
So Hokuto is Natsume's familiar, not a big surprise, since they call Harutora the same nickname, and after the dragon showed up it was pretty obvious.
Oct 24, 2013 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
DAT DRAGON..!! XD
holy.. it was a great... no awesome episode so far..! XD bakatora ~~ XD
I was really suprised when know if natsume is the one who controlling hokuto.. XDDDD
damn it is really amazing story from the beginning :3
yes!! our hokuto is back,. I mean new hokuto lol :3 XD
it is gonna be more funny if bakatora know what natsume means :p
Oct 24, 2013 7:30 AM

Aug 2008
That works. Natsume fans and Hokuto fans alike can rejoice.

Touji gets even cooler even with screentime like 3 minutes.
Bakatora is an unparalleled baka.

And now I'm even more certain that Bakatora is the reincarnated Yakou.
Oct 24, 2013 7:43 AM

Jul 2013
KaitoDash said:

Only child of Main house can be Yakou and Bakatora is not
Oct 24, 2013 9:27 AM

Aug 2008
Ignis_Scientia said:
KaitoDash said:

I still don't know about the show's logic, but the flashback Bakatora saw must have some meanings related to himself.
Him being Yakou was my best bet.
Or maybe Natsume is the reincarnated Yakou and Bakatora is his reincarnated lady familiar? That works too.
Oct 24, 2013 10:49 AM
Aug 2011
If Touji was the MC instead of the other idiot I would have given this show some extra points.

Anyway I don't really care for this show.

The story of my life is that I get hyped up for so many shows and when I get to watching them they don't appeal to me anymore but i'm glad some people are able to enjoy and put up with everything. It must be nice.
Oct 24, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2013
What is in the box? It is too convenient just throw in the wooden box and yey all done wtf

Been looking forward to this show but wth

And why is natsume so uselessly noob? Wow 2\5
Oct 24, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
Really liked this episode.
Nice and intense
Oct 24, 2013 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
MC is pretty oblivious >,>
Oct 24, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
YoumuKonpaku said:
Akanezora said:
The end of the ritual was so predictable, didn't you learn anything from Edward Elric?

So, Hokuto was Natsume's shikigami? Kinda unexpected.

I think it is extremely funny that you found that part predictable but somehow didn't see the shikigami thing coming.

I know right?
Oct 24, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2008
Deadhouse said:
Something is still amiss and very confusing there. :S
Hokuto is Natsume shikigami, but they act similar so it kinda seems that Hokuto can maybe be a part of Natsume soul or something like thet which she sent so she can be around Harutora while away from him in Tokyo? Kinda split personality but literal ? :S But then there is dragon who is also called Hokuto and that defies my first reasoning and conclusion.
Everything seems paradoxical to me! I am over-thinking it it now :S
Mind fuck !
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :v

P.s. and that white fox chibi at the end who is counting till she is shown in anime is voiced by Kugimiya Rie! <3 Or i am tripping that also? :S

You're tripping pretty hard. It's Aki Toyosaki.
Oct 24, 2013 4:31 PM
Mar 2013
Ignis_Scientia said:
KaitoDash said:

Ka-ka...
Oct 24, 2013 4:57 PM

Mar 2010
na35899 said:
What is in the box? It is too convenient just throw in the wooden box and yey all done wtf

And why is natsume so uselessly noob? Wow 25

The box contains ancient spell charms kept by the Tsuchimikado family. When it hit the spirit vein/link it overloaded it due to share power. Furthermore Natsume isn't weak, just inexperienced in combat. Nothing wrong with that.
Iron_MawOct 24, 2013 8:21 PM
Oct 24, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
I think I know who the familiar's master is...

Great episode!!!
Oct 24, 2013 6:05 PM

Jul 2013
KaitoDash said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
KaitoDash said:

I still don't know about the show's logic, but the flashback Bakatora saw must have some meanings related to himself.
Or maybe Natsume is the reincarnated Yakou and Bakatora is his reincarnated lady familiar? That works too.

Everything is not that simple as you thought

parfaited said:
If Touji was the MC instead of the other idiot I would have given this show some extra points.

Anyway I don't really care for this show.

The story of my life is that I get hyped up for so many shows and when I get to watching them they don't appeal to me anymore but i'm glad some people are able to enjoy and put up with everything. It must be nice.

Because you don't understand the purpose of why they choose the idiot as main char and you don't accept that kind of character so you accidently ruin your enjoyment with the show and think it bad even thought the show is good
Ignis_ScientiaOct 24, 2013 6:15 PM
Oct 24, 2013 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
MyAmy said:
Bakatora really is a fitting nickname for our MC, I can't believe he is that dense !!

Indeed
Oct 24, 2013 8:27 PM

Mar 2010
Mikenzb said:
MyAmy said:
Bakatora really is a fitting nickname for our MC, I can't believe he is that dense !!

Indeed

He's not that dense actually. Harutora has caught on to Natsume's odd behavior several times, but other stuff usually happens to take his mind off it. There are MC's way worse in denseness than him and unfortunately aren't played with for laughs.
Oct 24, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2013
Jagd84 said:
na35899 said:

The box contains ancient spell charms kept by the Tsuchimikado family. When it hit the spirit vein/link it overloaded it due to share power. Furthermore Natsume isn't weak, just inexperienced in combat. Nothing wrong with that.

How did you know? Did the anime explains what is in the box? I can't recall
Oct 25, 2013 12:21 AM

Jul 2013
Episode was good though it was kind of predictable when Suzuka's is resurrecting her brother, I knew something bad is going to happen. Also the CG in here kind of dull but I'll get used to it later on.

Oh well the fight was pretty good. Natsume's horse and dragon looked cool when fighting against those machines and kind of intense when the brother is strangling Suzuka. Well at least the ending looks lively for the characters and Natsume blushing everywhere. Huh Harutora is remembering something about her ribbon wonder what that could be.

Oct 25, 2013 1:54 AM

Mar 2010
na35899 said:
Jagd84 said:
na35899 said:

Forgot to add that this was in LN and manga. Like some other stuff, the staff just didn't have the time to put it in.
Oct 25, 2013 2:58 AM

Jul 2013
Jagd84 said:
na35899 said:
Jagd84 said:
na35899 said:

Forgot to add that this was in LN and manga. Like some other stuff, the staff just didn't have the time to put it in.

I think it doesn't need to add those thing to understands what inside that box .We already know that most of stuff Harutora carried are special weapon so there must be something special inside that
Oct 25, 2013 3:25 AM

Mar 2010
Oh I definitely agree.

It's an really minor thing one could infer after thinking on it awhile.
Oct 25, 2013 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode, and nice to know who Hokuto really belong to :) Harutora is so dense that even his friend Touji is better than him :P
Oct 25, 2013 8:47 AM

Aug 2008
Ignis_Scientia said:
KaitoDash said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
KaitoDash said:

Everything is not that simple as you thought

OK. You could have enlightened me, but I guess you didn't want to spoil me. That's fair enough. Thanks.
Oct 25, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2009
I don't know why but I have this feeling that I won't like Natsume ever and I will hate her.
Well, it was pretty obvious that she's the real maker of Hokuto. That's why, it feels like she was only using Hokuto. And I have this feeling that she will replace Hokuto (even though Natsume is the maker of Hokuto :/)
Oct 25, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one who noticed this, that throughout the whole episode.. only "Harutora" came out from Natsume's mouth.. Harutora. Harutura. Damn, so annoying. Forgive me, but I dislike her so much >_<
Oct 25, 2013 10:44 AM

Jul 2013
Zel_Ezl said:
Am I the only one who noticed this, that throughout the whole episode.. only "Harutora" came out from Natsume's mouth.. Harutora. Harutura. Damn, so annoying. Forgive me, but I dislike her so much >_<

ugh , you dislike someone because of that reason....@@

BTW She is Tsundere type character if you have bad record with this kind of character ,you going to dislike her
Ignis_ScientiaOct 25, 2013 11:05 AM
Oct 25, 2013 11:21 AM

Mar 2010
Ignis_Scientia said:
Zel_Ezl said:

ugh , you dislike someone because of that reason....@@

BTW She is Tsundere type character if you have bad record with this kind of character ,you going to dislike her

To be fair, she one of better ones of her type, one of the reasons being that Natsume is not violent or rude.

@Zel_Ezl: Natsume wasn't using him, Hokuto's death was accident due to happenstance. Hokuto was created mainly because she wanted a way to stay be Harutora's side.
Iron_MawOct 25, 2013 1:52 PM
Oct 25, 2013 1:00 PM

Jan 2011
Tsuntsun-tsundere-tsun-dere-tsuntsun-tsundere-derestun.
Looks like this show has some plot after all, I wonder where this'll go.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 25, 2013 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
usually i'm not too keen on longer-than-necessary prologues *cough*KH2*cough* but i give this a pass since this is a 20+ show rather than a single season one.

i like how things develop so far. i'm sensing Hokuto was Natsume's familiar considering the way Natsume talks towards the end.

of course Baka-tora is the usual dense protagonist

i totally called psycho undead brother as soon as twin drills has him with her.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.