Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2013 1:16 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nasty day for Qin, Renpa's boys flex their muscle and 2 of them haven't even fought yet! Fun times ahead! Next week looks like it'll be the Kanki show!
Oct 21, 2013 1:20 AM

May 2013
Damn that spear should've gotten the old guy.
Oct 21, 2013 1:30 AM

Jul 2009
bleh at least let it graze him lol. that was quite a miss.
Oct 21, 2013 3:50 AM

Mar 2012
What a empty victory.
The casualties is staggering!
IT seem like Shin lost more than half of his Calvary in the crazy charge.
If it was not for Ben, Shin will have been butchered.
I wonder how many men do Shin still have left...
Oct 21, 2013 7:15 AM

Jun 2008
Kurogashi said:

Another 300 and Leonidas, lol? It would have been kind of funny if that old man got to die just like that when he least expected it and thought he avoided any personal danger.

Btw Shin is back at being a 300 man general again after losing so many men. Will he get new ones?

It's funny how the lack of pride can work in you favor. That old man leaves sentimentality aside and just acts like a machine with a certain goal of causing damage. Such skill will never make him the commanding general of a big army but perfect to be the right hand man of a commanding general.
Oct 21, 2013 8:06 AM

Oct 2013
Monad said:
Kurogashi said:

Another 300 and Leonidas, lol? It would have been kind of funny if that old man got to die just like that when he least expected it and thought he avoided any personal danger.

Btw Shin is back at being a 300 man general again after losing so many men. Will he get new ones?

It's funny how the lack of pride can work in you favor. That old man leaves sentimentality aside and just acts like a machine with a certain goal of causing damage. Such skill will never make him the commanding general of a big army but perfect to be the right hand man of a commanding general.

Shin only had 150 cavalry with him when they charged and he lost around half, 75 men. Is funny that you're treating that like he lost 700 men, around ten times the real loss. Right now, he have around 925 men, if you remove the people that died in the fog, that we don't know how many, then it should be a little less.

Is not that he will not be a commanding general because of lack of pride! Nobody cares about pride, but more about results. He will not be a commanding general, because he is a Renpa wing man and because he have lack of physical ability. While is possible to be a commanding general without it, is extremely hard, because is normally asked of a commanding general to be capable in both strategy and combat.
Oct 21, 2013 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
bigivelfhq said:
Monad said:
Kurogashi said:

Shin only had 150 cavalry with him when they charged and he lost around half, 75 men. Is funny that you're treating that like he lost 700 men, around ten times the real loss. Right now, he have around 925 men, if you remove the people that died in the fog, that we don't know how many, then it should be a little less.

Is not that he will not be a commanding general because of lack of pride! Nobody cares about pride, but more about results. He will not be a commanding general, because he is a Renpa wing man and because he have lack of physical ability. While is possible to be a commanding general without it, is extremely hard, because is normally asked of a commanding general to be capable in both strategy and combat.

Emm..the people that died in the fog are the majority not the other way around. You can't say he lost 75 and some in the fog. It's quite the opposite, he lost plenty in the fog and some from the cavalry. Seeing how after the fog left it was reveled that the Ouin army basically got slaughtered it will be inexcusable of this show to claim that Xin's army only lost a 100 men there. At least half of them should be dead. They had arrows raining down on the them and then chariots and the old man said he managed 80% so Xin should have lost almost 80% too. Hell by saying 300% i only put Xin loses to 70%, i was even generous.

No the lack of pride isn't a simple thing at all. The kind of calculative person that lacks pride is also the kind of person that can't stir up emotions. Is not the kind of person that shines when he speaks. If his cornered then his soldiers won't even look at him cause they will hardly have the respect that they would for a person that stirs their emotions and they can feel his pride. That's why such a person can't be a commanding general. Cause soldiers need to feel like a commanding general has the fighting spirit they can look up on and get inspired and can lift them up. That's why generals with the ability to fight also have an advantage, because they can make their soldiers follow them and have their emotions stirred up by seeing their general slaughter enemy soldiers not simply because they aren't weak and unable to fight.
Even if he couldn't fight well he could still inspire his soldiers if he had that pride and fighting spirit inside him. But he doesn't.
That's why this guy is under that general that is full of emotional outburst and fighting spirit. The soldiers can listen to this calculative sneaky old man that doesn't even seem willing to risk his safety because they feel the spirit of the commanding general. If that commanding general was missing then no matter how smart this guy is the soldiers wouldn't feel inspired or ready to win.
Oct 21, 2013 5:09 PM

May 2011
^ Agree

When Feixin units were cheering I also thought that why are they cheering for? Giving them a retreat means giving them a second chance to do a massive damage to them again. But then again, maybe they aren't really aware of how much casualties they had though. However since they were in the fog before, I thought they would at least guess the tragedies behind them.

Anyway, on a side note, I kinda o.o|l when Xin and some of his units gain back their horse out of no where after losing it to the traps hahaha.

Anyway, all in all, this is really a nice episodes that gave me lots of goosebumps again.

5/5
Oct 21, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2012
xahjun said:

Anyway, on a side note, I kinda o.o|l when Xin and some of his units gain back their horse out of no where after losing it to the traps hahaha.
5/5
They were given the horses by the men that caught up to them after the Yufeng unit. It even showed Qiang Lei hand Xin the reins to a vacant horse he was leading lol

Man what a huge blow, Xin's already lost well over half the unit he was just given, and his testosterone is through the roof because of it. I expect him to come back swinging though, as furious as he is.

They really may as well mix Feixin and Yufeng together with the numbers as dwindled as they are now, considering they always seem to meet up in battle. I dunno who'd be more pissed about though, Xin or Ben.

Yuan Feng is damn conniving, I'm sort of glad Xin missed him because he presents such an interesting battle dynamic with Xin and Ben going forward.
Oct 21, 2013 9:06 PM

May 2012
I was like, "Hell yeah! Xin ran after the old man, he will surely chop off hs head!" and then he missed. Tsk tsk... that sneaky old man.

So it seems that Xin is the one that has lost a lot of his men..
Oct 22, 2013 3:50 AM

Oct 2013
Monad said:

Emm..the people that died in the fog are the majority not the other way around. You can't say he lost 75 and some in the fog. It's quite the opposite, he lost plenty in the fog and some from the cavalry. Seeing how after the fog left it was reveled that the Ouin army basically got slaughtered it will be inexcusable of this show to claim that Xin's army only lost a 100 men there. At least half of them should be dead. They had arrows raining down on the them and then chariots and the old man said he managed 80% so Xin should have lost almost 80% too. Hell by saying 300% i only put Xin loses to 70%, i was even generous.

Wow, such bad statement. Why are you saying that a percentage of loss of all the first and second wave is the same as the percentage of loss in the Hi Shin unit? It seems you don't know mathematics if you think that every unit in those attacks have to loose the same amount of people, 80%, for the army to loose 80% of his men. The first and the second wave make up to 16.000 men in that battle. That makes 16 times the Hi Shin unit! For all we know Hi Shin unit could have 0% losses, and in that battle the Quin could had lost at maximum 93,75% of their first and second wave(more than the losses they really had). So telling that 80% of them died doesn't mean anything about a single unit.
If you believe that Shin and Ouhon units lost 80-70% of their unit, then you're being crazy.

Monad said:

No the lack of pride isn't a simple thing at all. The kind of calculative person that lacks pride is also the kind of person that can't stir up emotions. Is not the kind of person that shines when he speaks. If his cornered then his soldiers won't even look at him cause they will hardly have the respect that they would for a person that stirs their emotions and they can feel his pride. That's why such a person can't be a commanding general. Cause soldiers need to feel like a commanding general has the fighting spirit they can look up on and get inspired and can lift them up. That's why generals with the ability to fight also have an advantage, because they can make their soldiers follow them and have their emotions stirred up by seeing their general slaughter enemy soldiers not simply because they aren't weak and unable to fight.
Even if he couldn't fight well he could still inspire his soldiers if he had that pride and fighting spirit inside him. But he doesn't.
That's why this guy is under that general that is full of emotional outburst and fighting spirit. The soldiers can listen to this calculative sneaky old man that doesn't even seem willing to risk his safety because they feel the spirit of the commanding general. If that commanding general was missing then no matter how smart this guy is the soldiers wouldn't feel inspired or ready to win.

Riboku disagrees with you. He is just like the old men and he was able to kill Ouki!(After that and while with a great advantage, do you remember what did he do? He retreated, just like the old man! And he is right now one of the Three Great Generals of Zhao!) Go look for Riboku One Shot, it explains why he changed from emotional general to strategist without "pride" and why he believes that is better, and why all his soldiers love him even though he don't do emotional outbursts. Even Ouki disagrees with you. Do you remember when Ouki explained to Shin the two types of Generals? Hot-blooded and strategists, and when he said that till that day nobody was able to prove that one was better than the other? That is true even in the real world!

Ah, and one other thing! This sentence " If his cornered then his soldiers won't even look at him cause they will hardly have the respect that they would for a person that stirs their emotions and they can feel his pride" is completely wrong! In a cornered situation soldiers always look for the people above them and that possible could save them. Because he doesn't use is emotions and they can't feel his pride in that situation is a good thing! Why? Because it was never the morale that directed them to victory. In the other hand a cornered emotional commander is in trouble, because as the moral increased tenfold when they are in good situation and with him, the same moral decreases tenfold when in bad situation. That type of commander have to be real smart/lucky to be able to bring again that lost morale.
In this episode the old man even said that! That commanders that use momentum when they loose it, the lost is way bigger than one that doesn't use it(Basically they wander in the extremes, while the cold strategists are always in the middle, they never have a extreme momentum, those momentum where a army is able to destroy a 5 time bigger adversary army, but never fall easily in despair).
bigivelfhqOct 22, 2013 4:26 AM
Oct 22, 2013 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
xahjun said:

5/5
They were given the horses by the men that caught up to them after the Yufeng unit. It even showed Qiang Lei hand Xin the reins to a vacant horse he was leading lol

Man what a huge blow, Xin's already lost well over half the unit he was just given, and his testosterone is through the roof because of it. I expect him to come back swinging though, as furious as he is.

They really may as well mix Feixin and Yufeng together with the numbers as dwindled as they are now, considering they always seem to meet up in battle. I dunno who'd be more pissed about though, Xin or Ben.

Yuan Feng is damn conniving, I'm sort of glad Xin missed him because he presents such an interesting battle dynamic with Xin and Ben going forward.

Don't forget that Shin only lost half of the 150 cavalry that he had at the moment(and probably the majority of soldiers didn't die, but only their horses, just like with Shin and his vice captain). Not half of the 1000 men in his unit!
bigivelfhqOct 22, 2013 4:07 AM
Oct 22, 2013 11:05 AM

Mar 2012
bigivelfhq said:

Don't forget that Shin only lost half of the 150 cavalry that he had at the moment(and probably the majority of soldiers didn't die, but only their horses, just like with Shin and his vice captain). Not half of the 1000 men in his unit!

Although we got don't got accurate visual of how many infantry did Shin lost, but it is implied that the causality is not light considering they are getting pelted by arrow inside the smokescreen while getting charged by chariots the whole time.
Oct 22, 2013 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
leeo268 said:
bigivelfhq said:

Although we got don't got accurate visual of how many infantry did Shin lost, but it is implied that the causality is not light considering they are getting pelted by arrow inside the smokescreen while getting charged by chariots the whole time.

It wasn't the whole time, and Shin and Kyokai killed some of them! After Kyokai said about the sound, they evaded the chariots and the arrows!
For me it seems it was implied that their group was really in a hot spot(with guys hit by arrows), but none of them or at least not a significant losses were done.
Oct 22, 2013 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
We'll know the numbers next week so hang on to your horses, when the stakes came out and Xin was flying through the air, i seriously thought there would be yet another set of stakes to stab men, i really thought he was going to die there for a sec.

Xin's hotheadedness was also a bit annoying, especially towards the end, i would have been pissed had he actually gotten the guy with the spear, most of the casualties might have been avoided with a little bit of calm and level headedness which he lacks.

I also find it unbelievable that we're already at the half way point, time sure flies when you're enjoying a show :P
Zee530Oct 22, 2013 4:36 PM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 22, 2013 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
Zee530 said:
We'll know the numbers next week so hang on to your horses, when the stakes came out and Xin was flying through the air, i seriously thought there would be yet another set of stakes to stab men, i really thought he was going to die there for a sec.

Xin's hotheadedness was also a bit annoying, especially towards the end, i would have been pissed had he actually gotten the guy with the spear, most of the casualties might have been avoided with a little bit of calm and level headedness which he lacks.

I also find it unbelievable that we're already at the half way point, time sure flies when you're enjoying a show :P

He need a real "cough* Strategist.* :P

bigivelfhq said:

It wasn't the whole time, and Shin and Kyokai killed some of them! After Kyokai said about the sound, they evaded the chariots and the arrows!
For me it seems it was implied that their group was really in a hot spot(with guys hit by arrows), but none of them or at least not a significant losses were done.

While none of his squad leaders died, his other regular troops are probably not so lucky. No matter, they will probably "respawn" next episode. :D
Oct 25, 2013 5:41 AM

May 2011
AlexTheRiot said:

You were right. I missed that part despite watching twice =/ . Still, not sure how others of his units gets back on his horse. Though it doesn't really matter haha.
Mar 28, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2011
A retreat? pfft. I do wonder what Xuang's actual combat experience with a sword or spear is though.
Apr 12, 2014 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
You need a good balance. Xin's great for fighting and morale raising, but his inability to form strategies and avoid traps has and will continue to hinder him.
On the other hand, yes, strategic generals lack the ability to bring up morale, but they can bring victory which will keep the army feeling strong. Well in the end, make up for what you don't have by your vice-captains and comrades. Xin suffered heavy losses though, maybe this will be incentive to learn some basic strategies and everything.

But dang! Not even a graze on the old guy! Though it gave him a shock, I wish it atleast got his sleeve or something if not blood. Once Xin gains some thinking ability, he'll be shocking the enemy!
Apr 28, 2014 10:03 PM

Sep 2011
I was just about to get super mind blown by the ending if that spear actually hit him.
Jun 22, 2014 7:05 AM

Mar 2010
That old bald guy is truly brilliant.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 25, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
Damn I was hoping that bastard would die.
Jan 17, 2015 1:27 AM

Dec 2013
Damn that old dude is one nasty general
Aug 3, 2015 12:28 AM

Jul 2008
Damn if only that spear had hit...
Nov 1, 2015 2:46 AM

Feb 2014
When it comes down to it Xin has not a single strategist brain cell in him. Completely outclassed. I am glad that this happened because its like the old guy said that you cannot always win solely on momentum like Xin does almost all the time. Hopefully he will learn to be a better leader because of this because right now he definitely is one of the dumbest generals under the heavens.
Jun 23, 2019 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
Xin was completely defeated by that tactic, hopefully he puts that experience into strength.

Jul 9, 2019 4:24 PM

Feb 2013
I guess tactics are superior.
Jun 18, 2020 4:23 PM

Oct 2013
Honestly, this episode pissed me off... I'm sick of Xin and how he doesn't think and continues to just move forward without thinking of his unit. Hopefully he'll learn to use his brain in the next episodes. :l
Jul 12, 2020 3:10 PM
Dec 2017
I'm on episode 24 and for a "Historically accurate" show it is very unrealistic. The thing that pisses me off the most is the cockiness.

It reminds me of when Vegeta could easily beat Cell, but allowed Cell to absorb android 18 to lose the war. These main characters are just like Vegeta. In fact, I don't believe how they refuse to fight as a team, nor share the glory. It's like they don't care about winning the war.
Jan 22, 2022 5:02 PM

Dec 2007
i really wish shin's spear would hit him.
"we made them retreat" seriously? it's more like he's making his last move for now, astoundingly only shin who's usually stupid in strategy the only one who realized that.
Nov 3, 2022 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
Goddamn bro this all started when 8 fucking 1000-man commanders got assassinated and it created a snowball effect. Anyway, imagine if that spear actually hit and killed that bald grandpa it would've been so fucking awesome. He was so happy celebrating and shit and then boom spear from the back motherfucker just like when Xin came out of nowhere and cut that one general down in season 1.
Dec 27, 2023 12:15 PM
Aug 2022
serves you right assholes, get organized ffs

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.