Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 21, 2013 2:43 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Nice to know what a Dutybound is and does.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 21, 2013 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
good episode
Oct 22, 2013 12:10 AM
Jul 2012
phoenixdragon said:
Bloody shambles. The last time I saw bloodshed of infants was when I watched Elfen Lied.
Meruru_Arls said:
That accident felt weird and out of place to me for some reason.

Agreed. It was a blatant input to draw attention from the viewers. It felt like there was no actual plot so that they covered it up with the random shock. It was fanservie last time, and this time bloodshed. It makes the show cheap.

it happened in the manga like this, there was blood, not as much, but there still was, i think they put it with more blood to show they arent humans, especially with the we're vampires part, which isnt actually in the manga(just handwritten notes)(plus, they're actually only half vampires(half mermaid)).

But anyway, finally mostly out of filler, at least 90% of this was manga content, though it seems that next weeks ep is filler again(i wanted correct thorny path arc content)
Oct 22, 2013 4:00 AM

Nov 2010
Good episode.
Was there a DB reference at the end?
Oct 22, 2013 8:07 AM

Apr 2011
I never expect that kind of accident to happen. I'm as shock as you guys are.

It was alright in the end.
Oct 22, 2013 9:26 AM

Oct 2011
Those kids 0___0

Glad they are Ok

Dutybound backstory was interesting. Same with how both dimensions co-exist because of the tree.

Akina was bad***. Glad everything was resolved

Gin 0____0
Oct 22, 2013 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
Actually, I was thinking whether to continue. But I really, really liked this ep. Finally, Akina action! He looks good in longer hair as well! And the explanation of Dutybound as well why Akina didn't use his power.
heiqi1huOct 22, 2013 11:14 AM
Oct 22, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2008
Totally thought those vampire girls were dead. Then we found out they were vampires and all was good. Good episode.
Oct 23, 2013 4:13 AM

Nov 2012
lol awesome episode I think :3
hime is really funny in the beginning when she saying.. "men... men,,,, menn....~~" XD lol really like this scene..
and that fighting scene lol like that too....
but when THE CAR SCENE! holy shit.. seriously that was crazy moment.. I having a little heartattack! :OOO
Oct 23, 2013 4:27 AM

Oct 2009
A pretty good episode especially for Akina badass moment. That oni-hug scene was quite disturbing with blood and all, totally dramatic and eerie..

Next episode is filler, and I really hate the character design for this anime, I want my smokin hot Kotoha!
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 23, 2013 1:02 PM
Mar 2012
azzuRe said:
But anyway, finally mostly out of filler, at least 90% of this was manga content, though it seems that next weeks ep is filler again(i wanted correct thorny path arc content)

Watch the preview again then reread chapters 10 and 11. The pool party scene was in the manga. The voice over for the preview are quotes from "Thorny Path".
SailorMintOct 23, 2013 1:19 PM
Oct 23, 2013 1:29 PM

Jan 2011
"What the hell is this?"
Is what popped up in my mind.
No tsundere song in this episode? I'm disappointed.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 23, 2013 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
Well, after last week's episode I went ahead and read all currently translated manga chapters and I have to say I'm quite happy with this adaptation so far, though I'm not quite sure which story arcs they are actually going to adapt.
Oct 26, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2012
When I saw the little girls' snapped necks I was like: "Well... this went dark, real fast."

Luckily everyone got out alive. And Akina is quite the badass when he wants to be.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 28, 2013 6:38 PM

Jan 2013
That accident had me tricked. I thought their would be serious drama.
Pretty good episode.
Sometimes it feels like the pace is fast, or there are too many unimportant characters.
Oct 28, 2013 8:31 PM

Jul 2010
Overall good episode, Akina is such a good MC, I hope he developes in better.
Also, I'm happy to know more of the background.

Mills said:
Yea, that scene with Touka accidentally crushing the sisters when stopping the car made me pause the episode for a little. Good thing they didn't actually die.

^
Oct 28, 2013 9:06 PM

Sep 2012
RediceRyan said:

Sometimes it feels like the pace is fast, or there are too many unimportant characters.
On the other hand, I love its large ensemble cast. It makes you feel like it is one big family you are watching. In my view, everyone of them is important, but just that sometimes it is not their turn yet.

Love this episode of how it drills deeper into the close relationship between the Oni brother and sister and between they and Akina. It also gives some pretty good explanation of "tuning" and what it means for Akina. Cool.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 30, 2013 8:48 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, really cool episode! ^^ I can't get enough of the characters, I like all of them. I also like the supernatural aspect of this series, very interesting ^^

Oct 31, 2013 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
i was seriously speechless for a minute when the car crushed into touka and those two kids. i seriously thought the both of them were dead. it's a bit of a let-down they survived, but i guess it's no surprise.

i'm also really glad they finally explained why so many youkai are in that town and the whole stuff about these two dimensions is really cool. i hope we'll hear/see more about that as soon as possible!

this whole show reminds me so much of durarara, it's unbelievable. i think someone mentioned that the character design for both shows has been designed by the same guy? but it's not just that. the story line also feels similar. and then the scene where kyousouke was throwing something which looked a lot like the vending machine from shizuo. or the fight between akina and him also looked like a fight between shizuo and izaya :>
Oct 31, 2013 10:22 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah,, the car accident took me by surprise too!!
I'm really liking this series :D.

Hmm.... I wonder why I love the ED song,, I don't exactly know why but I keep playing it over and over again.
Nov 1, 2013 11:10 PM
Aug 2011
My jaw almost hit the floor when those kids necks were crushed.
Nov 9, 2013 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode that I found funny little if not in the first part. But on the other hand in the narrative there is room for nothing but in the end rede still interesting storytelling. Now I understand the purpose of the character of Akina and what is so special about Touka and brother!
Ah! Touka is really nice! XD
Drawings not so bad, they maintain a certain degree of beauty.
Synopsis not yet described! They should now get a move on! ^ ^ "
Animations good enough.

P.S. What a fright during the incident, when I saw the two children die, we are upset! D:
Nov 22, 2013 10:48 PM

Apr 2013
The sound of bones breaking , that's when I tought that shit got real.
Jan 9, 2014 5:25 AM

Oct 2012
That was the way of boys got their friendship back xD

hiabara said:
this whole show reminds me so much of durarara, it's unbelievable. i think someone mentioned that the character design for both shows has been designed by the same guy? but it's not just that. the story line also feels similar. and then the scene where kyousouke was throwing something which looked a lot like the vending machine from shizuo. or the fight between akina and him also looked like a fight between shizuo and izaya :>

It's a postmail not vending machine.. but then oh well
That why it's a bit feels nostalgic to me
But then there's no "Iiiiiizaayaaaaaaaa-kun (Is this the right one?)"

parfaited said:
My jaw almost hit the floor when those kids necks were crushed.

For me it's my heart almost stopped... Ah this isn't good for my heart
"Signature removed"
Jan 12, 2014 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
Woah! I thought Akina would just be one of those wimpy pacifists. This is awesome.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Jan 27, 2014 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
Give me back my shock xD! When I saw the kids crushed I felt numbed...then the hospital scene I'm like what? Haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 2, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
They're was a lot of devellopement on the background of the story. It was interresting.

So Kyousuke is a siscon, eh? :P

Akina have a hard responsability for a kid...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 15, 2014 7:56 PM

Dec 2013
Laughed my ass off when the girl crushed the kids xD, but didn't surprise me at all that they were still alive
May 20, 2014 7:51 AM

May 2012
Pretty impressive development quite loved the ending! Let's see what's next.
Jul 30, 2014 1:18 AM

Apr 2012
The exposition in this show is overt as hell...
Dec 30, 2014 12:40 AM

Jun 2014
I should mention that I rarely (rarely) pause an anime while I'm watching and not only did this scene get me to stop for a good minute but I actually had my jaw open when I first saw it. Now like someone mentioned earlier if this was elfen lied ep 3 I'd expect it to happen but not from a ditsy anime with nekomimi girls like this one.
May 10, 2015 3:28 PM

Feb 2013
I really like Touka. I feel bad for her. When she crushed those kids I was shocked! At least they're ok. They're half vampire and mermaid. Weird combination. That bro moment between Akina and Kyousuke. Looks like they made up.
May 10, 2016 3:26 AM

Mar 2014
"The Meaning of Dutybound." I got the gist of it ~ !!
Different dimensions but the same world .. or just vice versa .
GREAT EPISODE !!! That's just how they settle things ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2016 12:18 PM

Aug 2012
-Man Mina and Kana are pretty great
-What the fuck
-More worldbuilding
-That one youkai's stetchable neck was fucking terrifying
-Actually, doesn't Kana's and Mina's identity as vampires kinda trivialize the reason why Kyousuke was angry in the first place

Seeing that most of the stuff that happened in this episode was mostly to flesh out the setting that was left somewhat unexplained in the first two episodes, there wasn't anything outstanding to notice. After watching this episode, it became clear to me how slow the pacing of pretty much everything was, compared to the other stuff I've watched. For example, in this episode the relationships between what seem to be the main characters were still in the process of being revealed, and there's still room for a lot more exposition in this area. I actually like the slower pacing since it feels like a more natural progression and I hate when shows dump a bunch of characters and character bios on the first episode.

Basically the episode itself wasn't too special but it the show itself seems to be on the right track.
Nov 20, 2016 4:58 AM

Mar 2015
Its like a parallel world huh?

WoW, ogre are so strong that they need a limitter.

4.3/5
Aug 19, 2018 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
Show is fucking lame. They should have let the kids actually die, but some real depth to the power of ogres and real tension to drama. Rather than 'lol the kids live, but the boys still argue because theyre boys'. Most basic of basic things, right there.

The fanservice is more annoying than anything at this point. It's a pain in the ass.
Feb 21, 2023 9:51 AM

Jan 2009
oh shit the plot thickens

so Akina is like the most powerful or most special person in this town eh since he can remove all Yokai if he wants to
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 29, 2013

75 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2013

65 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 1, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

44 by deg »»
Mar 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

40 by deg »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

43 by deg »»
Mar 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.