Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2013 6:54 AM

Mar 2012
So we got more character background info

The first Boss Fight

Enemy Guilds who seem to be power Mad

Great Co-operative Team play

A little bit more info on how things work for example: only certain foods have taste such as salt and sugar

IT would seem that that the main plot for this series is going to be about Adventuring in this new world and at the Same time. And the Main Antanogists are going to be Either the monsters and bosses in the Game And The Guilds and Players who seem to have become power Crazy

ok now i am totally convinced this is going to be a great series i will wait for more to come :)
Oct 19, 2013 6:54 AM

May 2013
I had a feeling Akatsuki's the same age as them.
Oct 19, 2013 6:56 AM

Jun 2009
-ShadowClaw- said:

A little bit more info on how things work for example: only certain foods have taste such as salt and sugar

LOL!

I dearly hope they can get some nice food soon...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2013 7:05 AM
Oct 2013
It seems like the anime tries to bring in elements from side stories so they can introduce more character earlier. Great things to do to show that not only Shiroe's party is on the move on dealing with the current situation players of "Elder Tale" found themselves in. I'm happy to see that they give screen time for Merrill to show her leadership between smaller Guilds, her portrait so far in anime doesn't show her complexity in character as much.

Insomnium said:
Barion-Zara said:
Awesome ep! Loving this a lot :D...And Dat OST!!
I'm wondering if 90 is the highest level? Because all the strong characters are 90.

I remember Shiroe explaining in probably the first episode that level 90 was indeed the level cap.

Technically, its the level cap of the "previous version." "Elder Tale" get a new expansion pack right before the "Catastrophe" so now the level cap is lv.100.

But yeah, that newly added Boss fight (not in the novel, but is there in the manga ver.) still don't give them any EXP even thou Naotsugu surely suffer a lot.

AirStyles said:
They're almost there.

Looks like Shiroe re-lived a bit of his tea-party days, discovering new places.
It's nice that the trio were the first to set their sights there.

... That guy's... Lolicon?

Although Tea Party is disbanded, not all members leave the game. Let just say that those that got voiced will certainly get more screen time later except for the leader. (who is currently on an even more exciting quest right now.)

Queen07 said:
This episode was a bit disappointing to me since not much happened but I did like the fight in the end
I'm not really interested in the whole "save the maid" plot (also , maid subclass? xDlol) but I want to know more about Shiroe's party
Akatsuki is pretty cool but why does she have to keep saying "my lord...my lord...my lord" I mean come on..... xD
this episode was ok , not exciting like the previous one though

Well, small pieces of information will eventually comes together later. By the way, Serara's Sub-class is not "maid" instead it's "House Keeper." "Maid" is a much more powerful Sub-class compare to this entry level Sub-class that did have good function thou.

Akatsuki also have pretty convincing reason to act the way she does, just like how Shiroe has his problem with Guilds as shown in this episode. Not sure if the anime will cover that part thou since it comes fairly late in the novels.

I been expecting Nyan-ta to show up all this time, and now finally we may see him with voice....... Maybe I will tries to add character background story section to my terminology post next time. Nyan-ta is awesome enough to have his own side-story.

Wordsmith said:
Nice episode. And Akatsuki is really putting the "cute" in "execute".
Those Brigandia guys we see there don't seem too nice, I hope they get whats coming to them.

Also, Serara raising her maid level to 44^^

Technically speaking, Brigandia is portrait more like out right criminal in the novel..... The fact that NPC (People of the Land) become "real" actually add quite a lot of "incentive" to take the frustration out on them.

Also, part of the reason why leader of Brigandia is after Serara has to do with...... more then just Pedo stuff. Let just say that Nya-ta humiliate those mafia to the point (because he is awesome) that they view not able to catch Serara like a blow to their complete control over the city.

Hope I don't spoil anything....
Oct 19, 2013 7:10 AM

Jul 2013
......Great episode. Waiting for the OST release
Oct 19, 2013 7:24 AM

Jun 2013
Very sweet episode ^^ this anime is turning out a lot better than I had expected. I really love the atmosphere ^^ Nice to see that the main characters are not high school kids :) They do indeed feel a lot more mature than the typical shounen protagonists that I am so very tired of :D
Oct 19, 2013 7:24 AM

Nov 2012
Great OP, great ED and although not great so far, okay characters. Liking how they're actually fighting instead of having meaningless dialogue, I love dialogue but then it has to be good. Can honestly say I'm enjoying it way more than SAO so far.

Oct 19, 2013 7:26 AM
Dec 2012
Decent episode. I felt as if I were in the game world thanks to the abundant expositions. The ending scene was beautiful.
Oct 19, 2013 7:46 AM

Aug 2013
joshua_mai said:
Akatsuki is pretty cool but why does she have to keep saying "my lord...my lord...my lord" I mean come on..... xD

Some people just love role-playing, you know.

You're right. In episode 2, Shiroe also says Akatsuki's a hardcore roleplayer.

Another great episode! I really like how they displayed teamwork and common group strategy: Naotsugu tanks and taunts the enemy, Akatsuki does a stealth attack from the back (in games, this would result in critical damage) while Shiroe debuffs the enemy and buffs his allies. I'd say they definitely got a rank S there haha (or maybe I'm just overthinking things).

I really like the ED <3 And lol'd at Akatsuki's expression when Henrietta spoke. Nyanta's also a level 90, interesting.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 19, 2013 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
So far, so good. The storytelling is way better than it was in SAO.
Oct 19, 2013 8:42 AM

Apr 2012
Man, I'm enjoying this so much! And it's a 2-cour anime to boot!

I really hope Debauchery Tea Party is reformed in some way, as I doubt all of the members have been dragged back into this.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 19, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
Aloxamax said:
Man, I'm enjoying this so much! And it's a 2-cour anime to boot!

I really hope Debauchery Tea Party is reformed in some way, as I doubt all of the members have been dragged back into this.

According to the poster , I think Shiroe will form a new party with some old member like Nyaa and Naotsugu .The rest will be new members like akatsuki
Oct 19, 2013 9:02 AM

Jun 2012
Straightforward and simple but fun
Really liking how the show is panning out with the world, teamwork, and main cast
Oct 19, 2013 9:04 AM

Nov 2010
Very nice background story of Shirie I liked the traveling part with the Griffons as well,
It's a bit odd seeing Nao like he wasn't party of the Debauchery Tea Party when they stood on the cliff to view the sunset recalling from the game memory

Poor Nao again for being a punching bag for the party and the boss which he probably will endure the entire run
Oct 19, 2013 9:09 AM

May 2013
rivailde said:
Better than SAO

Although I agree with you (and think that it isn't hard to be better than SAO), I think we should stop comparing them. Even though their both set in a video game world, they are vastly different already. This series is more of an adventure while in SAO, it was more focused on getting out and later romance. Anyways, I really enjoy all the exposition their giving which brings me into the game world. Really makes me want to play MMOs. I love the fights in this anime too.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Oct 19, 2013 9:20 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Aw the food doesn't taste like anything? They look so good though, shame. Nice episode, we got to learn more about Shiroe and how he ended up playing the game. I also like his explanations when the party is fighting against monsters. Nyanta seems like a very cool character as well, looking forward to seeing him in action.
Oct 19, 2013 9:36 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. I thought Akatsuki is also a kid which is weird to be paired with Shiroe... now knowing she is the same age as Shiroe changes all of that.

Ahh, I see, so that is probably the reason why he doesn't like guilds, since he needs to help lots of people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2013 9:43 AM
Jul 2013
Finally, VRPGMMO done right.

I'm liking dat Chinese-looking leader of Debauchery Tea Party. Wonder what's she doing now. Can someone spoil me please? xD

Liking Shiroe as the main character, the dude isn't overpowered. His class's designed to be played as a more supportive role and he uses it perfectly. I wonder how he's gonna take it to the next level, without falling into the "oops, overpowered final spell which is a goddamn fireball of doom" crowd.
Oct 19, 2013 9:50 AM

Nov 2010
That was Fun. love this show.
Oct 19, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2012
Decent, but still not better than first arc of SAO, IMO(second arc was not good at all). The death in game means death in real life factor needs to be there for it to compete, but it is a 2 cour show, so it has plenty of time for that to happen.
Oct 19, 2013 10:18 AM

Feb 2012
Wasn't too impressed with this week's episode. Next week facing that gang look promising though.

Akatsuki being the same age as Shireo lol kk
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 19, 2013 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
Wind_Sr said:
Akatsuki being the same age as Shireo lol kk

Never get old, these things.

As for the episode, it was quite enjoyable. Finally a gameplayer appears in anime who isn't a NEET, and a most definitely not a useless bum like in certain anime lead but an engineering graduate to be. Which is a Plus.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 19, 2013 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
Very enjoyable episode. It would totally suck to have food taste like that though. Just salt and sugar D:

They've got plenty of time to flesh things out so it's nice to see them adventuring and experiencing what the game has to offer.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 19, 2013 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
akatsuki is so cute :3, I wonder how next episode is going to turn out.
Oct 19, 2013 11:12 AM
Mar 2013
Though it was subtle, this episode highlights the meaning they're trying to find in the world they're trapped in, which is a big deal. This isn't a life-and-death struggle for survival, but rather a search for meaning in this new existence. The MC found such meaning when he met his allies in the world before he was trapped and now he's rediscovering it with this friends again.
Oct 19, 2013 11:15 AM

Jul 2010
This plot is so thin. Okay so they're going to go rescue some chick, then what?
There's almost nothing going on. Not going to drop it yet, but I hardly think that this is a fantastic series.
Oct 19, 2013 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
Definitely curious about Shiroe's past...Wow, this ep, ended so fast. Not a boring moment.
Oct 19, 2013 11:43 AM

Apr 2012
vampko said:
Am I the only one getting bad vibes from Nyanta? I don't trust him....

You Catist! ^_^

My guess he was part of the tea party but maybe he something else. Anyone hiding behind a cat disguise might be untrustworthy.... Oh wait....
Oct 19, 2013 11:45 AM
Aug 2013
Well, seems like it is possible to cook to some extent after all. Cat guy was mixing apple skin, hot water, and some stuff that may or may not be cinnamon to make a drink. I suppose you simply need to take the basic ingredients that do have taste, and work with them the old way rather than combining them with the game menu. (I'm guessing Naotsugu's sausage couldn't be cooked over the fire because it was already cooked beforehand via menu.)

Also quite surprised by the somewhat heavy themes we touched toward the end. I mean, no matter how you look at it, these "people of the land" are now alive, sentient beings, so robbing, killing, and raping them (or whatever it is they were trying to suggest with that last scene), can't exactly be right, now can it?

I mean, we've got this situation with overpowered, immortal, and often mentally confused "adventurers" running around in an universe originally designed to make them feel powerful to begin with, with pretty much nothing stopping them from doing whatever they please to those apparently defenceless "NPCS" (and other, less powerful or numerous adventurers)... I wonder just how much of the plot will be focused on that lawless state of things, and what can be done to render it liveable for everyone.
Oct 19, 2013 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
shanimebib said:
Finally a gameplayer appears in anime who isn't a NEET, and a most definitely not a useless bum like in certain anime lead but an engineering graduate to be. Which is a Plus.

Yes this is the best news for me yet. I am so glad Akatsuki is the same age as Shireo and like you said, they are both college students about to graduate. I feel i can relate to them a lot more now haha. CAD is really sweet, so it's cool to know he's been using that knowledge for the game too.

yoshiyukiblade said:
This isn't a life-and-death struggle for survival, but rather a search for meaning in this new existence. The MC found such meaning when he met his allies in the world before he was trapped and now he's rediscovering it with this friends again.

Definitely caught that at the end right there and i have to say, I really like this theme. It's interesting to know that Naotsugu was also part of the old tea party group and there is definitely a reason why they are still good friends. Nice to see them experiencing this stuff together again. It also seems like Shireo is all up for being friendly and helping out but he's not for that famed life, surrounded by so called friends who only follow him for their own interests.
Oct 19, 2013 11:58 AM
Feb 2013
Looks like the shrimp is much older than what she looks like.
Oct 19, 2013 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
Omg I love this series so much!! Would be amazing, but needs more work on the story and better boss monsters and such, so there would be an actual challenge. But, either way, they're just starting off in the game so I guess, shikatanai na.
Oct 19, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2012
I found this episode a bit boring. Just action with some random flashbacks to the past. I'm not an SAO fan by any means, but I'd prefer LH to step it up in terms of animation because it's the one thing it's lacking in right now. But obviously, I'll keep watching.

Uncanny said:
This plot is so thin. Okay so they're going to go rescue some chick, then what? There's almost nothing going on.

Yes, this. They need to start introducing a "but there's this thing going on" to the main plot which is just traveling to the other place to save the maid girl.
Oct 19, 2013 12:24 PM
Mar 2013
Shiroe without glasses much better than Shiroe with glasses but it didn't last long :(. But i still don't like him -.- he is too boring and plain.
Oct 19, 2013 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
This is definitely one of my topanimethis season. The atmosphere this episode is good. A little flashback of Shiroe in his early days at playing Elder Tale is make me apreciate this more.

It look like little by little the member of Debauchery Tea Party make an appearance in the screen. And it seems that some kind of alliance will will be made at the Cresent Moon Alliance.

What is the purpose of maid skill anyway lol.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 19, 2013 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
Uncanny said:
This plot is so thin. Okay so they're going to go rescue some chick, then what?
There's almost nothing going on. Not going to drop it yet, but I hardly think that this is a fantastic series.

there is a reason why that bandid gang wants nyanta and the maid

trust me log horizon will suprise you
Oct 19, 2013 12:39 PM

Mar 2012
I forgot to add that the loli joke will never get old.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 19, 2013 12:43 PM
Jul 2013
nice episode, i hope there will be huge raids and boss fights in the future ^^
Oct 19, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2010
Ok then, I expect great things from this.
It was simple and funny, with a overall of good action. It was also nice to see the members of the Debauchery Tea Party, at least a part of them.
Furthermore, more backstory is always good.
Oct 19, 2013 1:02 PM

May 2009
delulytric said:
How is even Akatsuki the same age as Shiroe omgomg.

Do you know who is Aoi Yuuki? She's 21 years old seiyuu and her height is 1.45m
Oct 19, 2013 1:05 PM
Mar 2009
You know what? I am enjoying this anime!

The "People Of the Land" thing, though.... there seem to be PKers who are enslaving the NPCs.... but are the NPCs in this world, real people? They have emotions, at least.

What will happen next... I'm excited!!!!
Oct 19, 2013 1:06 PM
Aug 2013
NeoAnkara said:

Except she never really seemed all that young to begin with. This is anime, so it's always quite hard to tell, but her facial features aren't particularly round or anything (just compare a good shot of her face with one of Serara's), and in the way she speaks and thinks, she sounds pretty mature and autonomous (if you get past the hardcore role player stuff... though even that contributes to show she is certainly no kid, what with being able to invest herself in a consistent role 24/7 and all.) Again for the personality, just compare with what we have seen of Serara so far (who definitely looks like a kid in my eyes, if that wasn't clear already).

So, yeah... Only thing going against her was her size (and even on that field, she hasn't quite the proportions you'd expect of a little girl).

But then again, seems like the characters actually believed her to be a child in-universe, so I wonder why I'm rambling here... Just don't mind me. ^^'
Oct 19, 2013 2:45 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode!!
I understand Shiroe, it's good that you're a dependable person and people rely on you for help, but after a while and they constantly ask for your help, it's a pain in the ass...
Oct 19, 2013 2:46 PM

Feb 2010
I liked the glimpse into the MCs past even thought it was kinda clichéd. The rest of the episode was also decent but I'm somehow less enthusiastic than I was about the first two episodes. The new villain doesn't look too interesting which might be the reason for that.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=670019#TWZbBwvTWTfvmtse.99
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 19, 2013 2:48 PM

Feb 2011
Loved that background at the ending scene
Oct 19, 2013 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I liked the glimpse into the MCs past even thought it was kinda clichéd. The rest of the episode was also decent but I'm somehow less enthusiastic than I was about the first two episodes. The new villain doesn't look too interesting which might be the reason for that.

I fully agree with your reaction.
Oct 19, 2013 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
The brief glimpse of his past, and his experience with helping people was a nice way to explain his reluctance in helping Serara in the earlier episode. It probably brought back that annoying feeling of possibly being used by others.

I know its been done often enough, with having this kind of mysterious past for the MC, mainly this legendary group of people, but its been enough of a hook to keep me interested in finding out what happened, and what will happen. I also heard that apparently
Definitely looking forward to see how that would come about.

Still enjoying the series so far, This is a series that I would have preferred marathoning from start to end, but ah well...
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 19, 2013 3:31 PM

Jan 2011
Mahat said:
NeoAnkara said:

Except she never really seemed all that young to begin with. This is anime, so it's always quite hard to tell, but her facial features aren't particularly round or anything (just compare a good shot of her face with one of Serara's), and in the way she speaks and thinks, she sounds pretty mature and autonomous (if you get past the hardcore role player stuff... though even that contributes to show she is certainly no kid, what with being able to invest herself in a consistent role 24/7 and all.) Again for the personality, just compare with what we have seen of Serara so far (who definitely looks like a kid in my eyes, if that wasn't clear already).

So, yeah... Only thing going against her was her size (and even on that field, she hasn't quite the proportions you'd expect of a little girl).

But then again, seems like the characters actually believed her to be a child in-universe, so I wonder why I'm rambling here... Just don't mind me. ^^'

Of course one great advantage to an assassin would be to have people take you lightly because you appear to be a child. (In the old AD&D days, they always disregarded the abilities of us halflings...only to realize too late just what we could do, bwahaha...). Regardless of her appearance though, I think her interest in Shiroe is more than just game-play. I'm also wondering about the former leader of the Tea Party, and just what connection he had with her.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 19, 2013 3:34 PM

Dec 2009
I wonder what's up with the NPCs...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 19, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2013
Where is the leader of the tea party anyways? I thought people would be in an uproar and news would spread fast in which city she's currently in.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.