MyAnimeList.net

Forums

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
#1
Oct 18, 2013 5:44 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 21815
An insert in volume 6 of "Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru" announced that volume 8 of the series will come bundled with an unaired OVA on Blu-ray. Volume 8 is expected to be released May 2014.

A 10-episode anime adaptation of the series began this month and is still currently airing.

Source: Scan of insert

Story by hpulley

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru OVA on MAL
Modified by Naruleach, Nov 18, 2013 1:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

 
#2
Oct 18, 2013 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3481
not sure if I wanna watch this one
 
#3
Oct 18, 2013 6:21 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 68897
I might watch it but will kinda depend on how the original anime series will go once it debuts to see if it interests me or not~
 
#4
Oct 18, 2013 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3575
Stark700 said:
I might watch it but will kinda depend on how the original anime series will go once it debuts to see if it interests me or not~
The original anime series has debuted. Episode 2 streamed on Crunchyroll yesterday.

This seems to be following the Kadokawa/Diomedia pattern of Mondaiji, 10 episodes + an OVA on novel volume 8.
 
#5
Oct 18, 2013 6:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 737
Not really interested though. Having already watched 2 eps of the show and they bored me to tears. Not because it's so bad (I could get past the stupid otaku cliches fortunately), but to the contrary, because it could have been really good. seriously, it has a stock of interesting female characters and a hilarious male lead with his funny circumstances. I could see this building into something really funny. Except . . they have to be undermined by banal jokes that are supposedly funny in pure japanese puns but fail to translate properly into english, resulting in bland dialogues and flat comedies. I came here expecting something resembling seitokai no ichizon/Acchi Kocchi-esque humour only to received a bland, witless show
Modified by Amiluhur, Oct 18, 2013 7:09 AM
 
#6
Oct 18, 2013 9:06 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 17872
hpulley said:
Stark700 said:
I might watch it but will kinda depend on how the original anime series will go once it debuts to see if it interests me or not~
The original anime series has debuted. Episode 2 streamed on Crunchyroll yesterday.

This seems to be following the Kadokawa/Diomedia pattern of Mondaiji, 10 episodes + an OVA on novel volume 8.


I wonder if having only 10 episodes will harm sales.

The OVA should be the standard fare, fanservice.


 
#7
Oct 18, 2013 9:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3017
Loved the first two eps but was a bit sad it was only 10 eps. Glad to hear it's getting an OVA.
 
#8
Oct 18, 2013 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 530
hpulley said:
Stark700 said:
I might watch it but will kinda depend on how the original anime series will go once it debuts to see if it interests me or not~
The original anime series has debuted. Episode 2 streamed on Crunchyroll yesterday.

This seems to be following the Kadokawa/Diomedia pattern of Mondaiji, 10 episodes + an OVA on novel volume 8.


I wonder why they've choose this strategy.
 
#9
Oct 18, 2013 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3575
At this rate they will only get through three of the six published volumes.

Their strategy seems to be one of driving you to purchase their novels. I am not sure how important the anime disc sales are to them since they don't tend to do many sequels.
 
Oct 18, 2013 11:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 7302
I'm liking this show quite a bit so I will watch the OVA without a doubt.
 
Oct 18, 2013 12:08 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 23204
The anime series is making me bored , not sure if i''ll watch the OVA because it''ll be fun service for sure :| .

LCWS | SCS | HMSE | CSSC | TCO | TFCC
 
Oct 18, 2013 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 8267
Well, I do like the series so far. Looking forward to the OVA.
 
Oct 18, 2013 5:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4645
I guess this is good news :D

I'm just waiting for the Anime to finish airing so I can watch it.
 
Oct 18, 2013 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 12476
This is great. If only the show have 12/13 episode.
 
Oct 19, 2013 8:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10527
The show has too high heroine to episode ratio so one more episode definitely helps.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Nov 21, 2013 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 8392
Oh shit more NouCome?

There must be a 2nd season too!

I have a sickness called gettingarousedbyhorieyui'svoice syndrome.
 
Nov 21, 2013 6:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3575
Tennouji_ said:
Oh shit more NouCome?

There must be a 2nd season too!
There is already enough material for a second season but I must say I'll be surprised if it gets one. Mondaiji went by exactly the same formula, 10 episodes + OVA with volume 8 and it has much higher sales than NouCome and yet... no second season of Mondaiji which is sad for it. Ah well, at least the novels for both are good!

NouCome's novels are really good, really fun. While I love the anime I love the novels as well, so... I will just keep on buying and reading them and will keep a tiny little bit of hope somewhere for a second season.
 
Nov 21, 2013 7:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7
hpulley said:
Tennouji_ said:
Oh shit more NouCome?

There must be a 2nd season too!
There is already enough material for a second season but I must say I'll be surprised if it gets one. Mondaiji went by exactly the same formula, 10 episodes + OVA with volume 8 and it has much higher sales than NouCome and yet... no second season of Mondaiji which is sad for it. Ah well, at least the novels for both are good!

NouCome's novels are really good, really fun. While I love the anime I love the novels as well, so... I will just keep on buying and reading them and will keep a tiny little bit of hope somewhere for a second season.


So have the novels been translated in to English then or have then been scanlated.
 
Nov 21, 2013 7:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7
Tennouji_ said:
Oh shit more NouCome?

There must be a 2nd season too!
tell me about it I am really like this show but I need to watch this weeks episode.
 
Nov 21, 2013 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3575
King_Luffy32 said:
hpulley said:
Tennouji_ said:
Oh shit more NouCome?

There must be a 2nd season too!
There is already enough material for a second season but I must say I'll be surprised if it gets one. Mondaiji went by exactly the same formula, 10 episodes + OVA with volume 8 and it has much higher sales than NouCome and yet... no second season of Mondaiji which is sad for it. Ah well, at least the novels for both are good!

NouCome's novels are really good, really fun. While I love the anime I love the novels as well, so... I will just keep on buying and reading them and will keep a tiny little bit of hope somewhere for a second season.


So have the novels been translated in to English then or have then been scanlated.
Don't know, I buy and read the actual books in Japanese only. I only see forum topics for chapters 1 and 1.5 (interlude 1) so it looks like not much has been translated. The anime has done 2 books so far, 7-8 chapters IIRC. Should finish the season with book 3. Book 6 is out, 7-8 are planned.

Seems there is manga for it too but I have never seen it. I don't see any forum topics for the manga so that probably means it isn't being scanlated, sorry.
Modified by hpulley, Nov 21, 2013 8:20 AM
 
Nov 21, 2013 8:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 3929
I'll watch this and I'm enjoying the tv series so have.

I'm looking for spoilers or english translated summaries from the light novel.
 
Nov 21, 2013 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3575
Magito said:
I'll watch this and I'm enjoying the tv series so have.

I'm looking for spoilers or english translated summaries from the light novel.
My New Year's Resolution is going to be to stop promising to do such things so I'm starting now but if I get to it some time, I'll post something for books 4-... right now I only have time for reading, not stopping to write summaries unfortunately.
 
Nov 22, 2013 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
now lets hope that we see all naked and tentacle like mondaiji
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top