Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, its' a mini Satsuki. I wasn't ready for this. This dude reminds me of Kamina: http://i.imgur.com/2aPsjaS.png

I thought the episode was pretty intense like usual :3
Ryuuko was pretty cute though. Dat blushing. Satsuki's transformation was fucking brilliant. The fight was shorter than I had thought but I liked the intensity of it: http://i.imgur.com/ma5bVsQ.png

Oh and I just love the OST of this show.
Oct 17, 2013 10:35 AM

Apr 2009
Felt like I was watching the finale there for a bit.
Oct 17, 2013 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
Goddammit I excepted something good but never this good.

That manservice

That Satsuki henshin

That fight scene between Satsuki and Ryuko.

9/10 anime is SAVED

Plus blu-rays have been announced 1/8/2014 my body is ready.
Oct 17, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
That fuckin' implosion.
Oct 17, 2013 10:51 AM

Feb 2012
dat manservice, dat fanservice, dat fight, dat everything. Mini Satsuki <3 If Satsuki wasn't my favorite character already she definitely is now.
Wind_SrOct 17, 2013 2:21 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 17, 2013 11:50 AM
Jun 2013
THAT FIGHT! THAT OST! THAT TRANSFORMATION! SATSUKI! :)

The episode was pure awesomeness!
Oct 17, 2013 11:58 AM

Oct 2012
Oh man, those transformation sequences were glorious. Loved the fight, it really did feel like a climax to a final episode or something and the OST was pretty awesome too. Great episode.

Also, judging from the preview, I have no idea what we're in store for next week, but I'm looking forward to it.
Oct 17, 2013 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode with nice action + background explanation. I'm hoping that the entire show won't be fixated on the Satsuki vs Matoi rivalry though.
LrdwhytOct 17, 2013 12:05 PM
Oct 17, 2013 12:04 PM

Jun 2012
Learning more about the uniforms and Strip-sensei was much needed

It seems these past 3 episodes were only a prologue and the actual show is starting now with Ryuko facing off against the entire school. Keep ramping up the stakes Trigger :P
Oct 17, 2013 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
Lol at all the people being tossed around in the air during the fight.

This series just keeps getting better. The fanservice, the OST, the transformations, the fight.. This episode was amazing.

Dat Satsuki ass though >
Oct 17, 2013 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Female battle, outfit transformations and 100% insane.
Best episode up to now.

Dat 5/5
Oct 17, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
So Ryuko has finally accepted Senketsu. Finally she won't collapse from blood loss ten minutes after she wears it.

Satsuki is a badass, and I will echo some sentiments here and say that she seems more of a rival than a villain since she keeps giving Ryuko a chance to regain her strength and fight again.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 17, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
WIN! IT ENDS AT EPISODE3!
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 17, 2013 12:33 PM

Jun 2012
The OST is amazing, really adds to the action, as does the fanservice.
Oct 17, 2013 12:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Satsuki is one magnificent specimen of womanhood and a worthy adversary for Ryuku and Senketsu. I do hope that there is some more development and background from the characters during the course of this show to balance out the incredible fight scenes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 17, 2013 12:36 PM

May 2013
That was a nice fight.
Oct 17, 2013 12:39 PM

May 2012
Felt like the last episode, but it also felt like shit finally just got real. Satsuki was really working that outfit. The transformation scene great. The fight scene was truly amazing. A lot of action and fanservice. That ost really bought it together. Another epic episode. Can't wait for the next.
Oct 17, 2013 12:45 PM
Sep 2011
This episode confirmed my suspicions that Ruuko's revealing outfit was initially intended to increase the contrast between her and Satsuki among other things. The latter one depicted as the untouchable, cold-headed despot wearing the "wedding dress" presenting purity vs. Ruuko as the hot-blooded riotist who garners lecherous looks by men whereever she goes. Paired with her desire for revenge and her hideout localized in the unhygienic and run-down slums there couldn't be more of a difference between them.
All the more striking is the fact that it's Satsuki, corrupted by power and showing nothing but contempt for those under her rule, who is portrayed as a truly despicable being unlike Ryuko who has maintained her humble and good-natured personality despite some violent tendencies.

Now though that Junketsu, Satsuki's kamui turns out as an equally revealing outfit the term purity used by Satsuki gains a whole new meaning, that is to wholly embrace even the most humiliating measures. As such it's no surprise that her servants are literally blinded by her aura even when she undresses herself completely.

So far this show has been pretty blatant with its Third Reich analogies and it really isn't hard to see what it applies to: The pursuit of World Dominance on the Student Council's side along with unethical human experimentation. The aforementioned theme of purity is also applicable in this instance.
Not unlike how the Nazi government claimed purity for itself Satsuki's definition of purity is pretty twisted taking all her actions into account. While her motifs and ambitions are genuine and clear as day to see there is absolutely nothing "pure" regarding her way of governing and treatment of the powerless.
EudaimoniaOct 17, 2013 1:18 PM
Oct 17, 2013 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
Holy Shit! Fanservice OvErLoAd!!! O_O!! And Dat Gainaxing of boobs during the transformations was lol XD

Senketsu is awesome! And I'm definitely loving Ryuuko more than Satsuki.
Loving how good a job Ami is doing with her voice. And her BODY is HOT!!! My Type *A*

Loved the fighting scene animation and OST. Really epic!

Now let's see how the three start will fair against Ryuuko's OPness!

Also I almost forgot...Dat Manservice again XD
Oct 17, 2013 12:50 PM

Jun 2012
the epicness
Oct 17, 2013 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
This anime just keep getting better by every new episode.

Can't wait for next week.
Oct 17, 2013 1:00 PM
Aug 2011
-awesome-

As soon as I watch an episode all I can think about is "how can they top this for whatever amount of episodes they have left?"
Then the next episode airs and behold...they do.
Oct 17, 2013 1:01 PM

Mar 2009
1. Mako is amazing.

2. There was an actual purpose to Ryuko's embarassment.

3. Brilliant fucking episode.
Oct 17, 2013 1:02 PM
Apr 2011
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAY
Oct 17, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2012
Mother of transformations! Man was that good.

Oct 17, 2013 1:12 PM

Mar 2008
Have a feeling the plot is gonna be way larger than it currently is. Considering how it played out for gurren lagann
Nov 2012
The sheer power that is conveyed through the animation is great. Like a battle among titans where mere humans have no place.... except Mako I guess.

Oct 2013
Nice ep. The OST is great.
This anime has very good action and fanservice. (:

Oct 17, 2013 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
Another intense episode XD

I can't help but get excited whenever the school teacher strips.. and I'm a guy

Some epic fan service w/ mini and half naked Satsuki

And last but definitely not least, the epic fighting scene at the end there X3
Oct 17, 2013 1:24 PM

May 2013
That guy stripping every time is so funny and I have no idea why but I love it. That battle was amazing and shows the sheer power they have already. Where will they go from here? Dat OST also. From the first episode, I thought the fanservice would bother me but I'm getting used to it now. Looks like she loses Senketsu next episode.
Baku219Oct 17, 2013 1:29 PM
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Oct 17, 2013 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
it's like they give you a boner with the fan service and makes you ejaculate with the action scenes, holy fucking shit on my dick that was epic
Oct 17, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
That pervy teach, he was sliding closer as they were talking.

I wasn't expecting to see Satsuki naked, her breasts were flapping as much as her hair during that transformation :}

And Mako saves the day by jumping in and talking about Matoi's rack :P

The music after Matoi's new transformation reminds me of Persona 4's
Oct 17, 2013 1:34 PM
Oct 2010
Wow, such blatant fanservice yet I didn't mind it.. except for Satsuki's transform scene.. pretty awesome.
Oct 17, 2013 1:36 PM

May 2013
Not the proudest wank I've ever had.
Oct 17, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
I must add that the orchestral version of "Don't Lose Your Way" near the very end gave me an eargasm.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 17, 2013 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Dat Satsuki, goddamn.
Oct 17, 2013 1:43 PM
Sep 2013
The show is quickly losing it's charm. It's first episode had the perfect balance of it's elements. But now it went from a balanced display of comedy, stupidity, fanservice, and ridiculous yet cool fight scenes, to more of an ecchi, serious, action with goofy visuals.

It's not so funny anymore and it's kind of embarassing to watch. If someone walked in while I was watching it I would get red faced and shut it off.

BUT!

The fight scene was FUCKING NUTSO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll keep watching it for these!
Oct 17, 2013 1:47 PM

Mar 2011
Eudaimonia said:
This episode confirmed my suspicions that Ruuko's revealing outfit was initially intended to increase the contrast between her and Satsuki among other things. The latter one depicted as the untouchable, cold-headed despot wearing the "wedding dress" presenting purity vs. Ruuko as the hot-blooded riotist who garners lecherous looks by men whereever she goes. Paired with her desire for revenge and her hideout localized in the unhygienic and run-down slums there couldn't be more of a difference between them.
All the more striking is the fact that it's Satsuki, corrupted by power and showing nothing but contempt for those under her rule, who is portrayed as a truly despicable being unlike Ryuko who has maintained her humble and good-natured personality despite some violent tendencies.

Now though that Junketsu, Satsuki's kamui turns out as an equally revealing outfit the term purity used by Satsuki gains a whole new meaning, that is to wholly embrace even the most humiliating measures. As such it's no surprise that her servants are literally blinded by her aura even when she undresses herself completely.

So far this show has been pretty blatant with its Third Reich analogies and it really isn't hard to see what it applies to: The pursuit of World Dominance on the Student Council's side along with unethical human experimentation. The aforementioned theme of purity is also applicable in this instance.
Not unlike how the Nazi government claimed purity for itself Satsuki's definition of purity is pretty twisted taking all her actions into account. While her motifs and ambitions are genuine and clear as day to see there is absolutely nothing "pure" regarding her way of governing and treatment of the powerless.

I'm glad there really is some hidden depth in this show amidst the chaotic action and overbearing fanservice. Thanks to your insights, I can see some significance in the clash between Ryuko and Satsuki and their reasons for dealing with their Kamui.

What I do worry about is that this show will follow a villain-per-week formula at the cost of detracting from the plot. What I can say for sure is that even if the story weakens a tier, the outrageous style KLK presents will continue to impress. We're talking about the ultimate dream team that can churn out some of the best animation and music I've seen this year that's on par (or even better than) Production I.G's Attack On Titan.

I have high hopes for this series. Looking forward to Thursday from now on.
AedrisiaOct 17, 2013 1:55 PM
Oct 17, 2013 1:51 PM

Mar 2013
Too many naked people... but finally getting interesting. :)
Oct 17, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome. That battle is so epic!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2013 1:56 PM
Jan 2013
mrstabhappy said:

Plus blu-rays have been announced 1/8/2014 my body is ready.
Where did you see that???
Oct 17, 2013 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
lol
if she can fight like that what can the student body do
Oct 17, 2013 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
THIS IS INTENSE
Oct 17, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2011
Lol Satsuki's outfit is more ridonk than Ryuuko's

Oct 17, 2013 2:12 PM

Nov 2011
That was a good finale.. oh wait we are still on EP 3!!!
Oct 17, 2013 2:16 PM
Sep 2011
Syntelle said:
Eudaimonia said:

I'm glad there really is some hidden depth in this show amidst the chaotic action and overbearing fanservice. Thanks to your insights, I can see some significance in the clash between Ryuko and Satsuki and their reasons for dealing with their Kamui.

What I do worry about is that this show will follow a villain-per-week formula at the cost of detracting from the plot. What I can say for sure is that even if the story weakens a tier, the outrageous style KLK presents will continue to impress. We're talking about the ultimate dream team that can churn out some of the best animation and music I've seen this year that's on par (or even better than) Production I.G's Attack On Titan.

I have high hopes for this series. Looking forward to Thursday from now on.

It very easy to miss but there are definitely lots of little details and lots of subtext in this show that get drowned out by the sheer amount of energy and style, many that might even reveal future plot developments.

Apparently this show was planned to tackle a rival-per-week formula but the director wasn't satisfied with it and shifted it to more character-drama involving the two antagonistic main characters, so you can be at ease. I have full confidence in the producers that they know what they are doing.
Oct 17, 2013 2:20 PM
Feb 2013
o.o yes yes yes manservice/fanservice. this is the third episode, we know.

Anyway, at least it makes up for it with some bad ass female leads.

Oh and I just love the teacher who slowly gets more and more nekkid EVERY conversation with Ryuko lol
Oct 17, 2013 2:29 PM

Aug 2008
At the getting naked n flopping around boobs part for Satsuki I was wondering what the hell kind of show I was watching. It's friggin' ridiculous. But I'm diggin' it.

Absolutely adore all of the voice actors. The OST is great, like people have been saying.
Oct 17, 2013 2:35 PM
Jul 2012
In the middle of the show I started wondering why I was watching this, but then I embraced the crazy and it was amazing. Among all this ridiculousness, even the fanservice doesn't feel that out of place. 10/10 in the enjoyment category

Sorta crack shipping Ryuuko and Satsuki. /I'm a sucker for foe yay.
Oct 17, 2013 2:40 PM

Apr 2010
While I'm not a big fan of the fanservice (hurr), the rest of the show is awesome. Awesome fight, dem TTGL vibes.

5/5
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.