Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 17, 2013 10:43 PM

May 2008
Looks like both the Mother and Father is going to be dead for the rest of the series. Or not? Maybe? god dam i wanna know what happens next. The plot still is not quite clear to me.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 17, 2013 10:52 PM

May 2010
Damn cliff hanger man i wanna know, what happen next hope the mom not dead.
Oct 17, 2013 11:46 PM

Aug 2013
Nooo Mama :(
RIP goldfish. You will be missed :(

At first look you'd think this is a show aimed at kids, then you remember this is actually a late night show.

Hozuki is a genius. Kazuki is a badass. So is having knowledge of the law Hazuki's special ability? O__o

Wow at Anna's super drill hair. The whole time I was thinking: "Akari's dango bazooka has no chance against those." Hope she doesn't turn evil.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 17, 2013 11:56 PM
Mar 2012
My suspension of disbelief is getting challenged.

Let's see:
A young girl built a large armed airship and a mecha suit from scratch at age 10.
After seeing her family get backstabbed and kidnapped. She accepts help from the shady lady who knows too much.
With shady lady's help, she then proceeds to save her family in her self made mecha made out of plot armor.

I understand Noitamina's 11 episode limitation can be rough, but too many things happen too conveniently.

Oh well, should it be a trainwreck, at least it'll look pretty.
SailorMintOct 17, 2013 11:59 PM
Oct 17, 2013 11:59 PM

Jul 2012
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE GOLDFISH POWER.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 18, 2013 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
The ending of this episode is questionable, I'm not sure if the mom is dead or not, so as the dad since he got hit with that rocket launcher, and is the goldfish alright too? But anyway, Hozuki really is a genius for making all of those machines, that fish mech was pretty sweet, but I just hope that with this show, she doesn't have a mecha or device to solve every situation, it would be boring by then, and I would really like to see what the other two sisters can do.
Oct 18, 2013 12:21 AM

Sep 2011
Don't worry. The goldfish is immortal.
Oct 18, 2013 12:37 AM

Nov 2007
Looks like the pirates were more humane than the corrupt cops! Inb4 we know that Cicinho is actually a good guy and we get Cicinho x Hazuki.

This anime is still fun to watch even though Mama and Papa seem to be in dai pinchi.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 18, 2013 12:52 AM

Jun 2012
Not sure how old Anna is, but from the ending + ED theme it almost seems like she'll become their mother figure, or at least the one who brings the sisters closer together. Though, as cool as she seems, I'm still not certain I trust her... Hozuki seems to not trust her too much either, yet, and Kazuki did say she's smarter than she looks.

Got a feeling the blueprints Hozuki mentioned, or something related to them and the Galileo/Goldfish is the "Tetero". Or they are at least connected to it. But, I guess that's probably a bit obvious.
Oct 18, 2013 12:59 AM
Mar 2011
i dont know why but I thought the best scene in the episode was when the second sister gave the little sister candy and said, "hurry up and take this candy bitch." Also the, "who the hell is this girl" moment was also good.
taj69Oct 18, 2013 1:23 AM
Oct 18, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2013
shanimebib said:
Looks like the pirates were more humane than the corrupt cops! Inb4 we know that Cicinho is actually a good guy and we get Cicinho x Hazuki.

I couldn't agree more , that would be nice and ..
*Hazuki Ferrari added to my waifu list*

Decent episode , I'm loving the plot , the ost , the op/ed and all. The seventh clue/drawing intrigued me sooo much , I do think somehow Hocchii had already seen the seventh. Anyway , no reasons to not love this , one of my fall favourites.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 18, 2013 3:21 AM

Dec 2007
Am I the only one who thinks this show looks like Jojo at times? :D E.g. when the police officer was like "Are you Hozuki Ferrari... ! YOU AREN'T!" or when what's-he-called with red hair started spouting all that crap back in ep.1? :D

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Oct 18, 2013 5:15 AM

Jun 2011
WTF Shit just got real at the end, poor mama. Some parts were really rushed like they skipped the moment Anna tied up those cops and get onto the ship.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 18, 2013 5:19 AM

May 2011
Mama might have just committed suicide. She wanted to prevent the secret of the inheritance to be exposed, and also mentioned by the Mafia dude that he had a problem.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Oct 18, 2013 5:28 AM

Jan 2008
The goldfish mech's are getting kinda annoying.
Oct 18, 2013 5:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This is fun to watch. Even with the ridiculously tech-savy sister.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Oct 2013
I hope the mother isnt dead.
Oct 18, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2010
So good!

Damn, I think Papa and Mama is dead :/

I'm guessing the goldfish is dead too :(
Oct 18, 2013 12:09 PM
Oct 2012
DeviFreakMint said:
My suspension of disbelief is getting challenged.

Let's see:
A young girl built a large armed airship and a mecha suit from scratch at age 10.
After seeing her family get backstabbed and kidnapped. She accepts help from the shady lady who knows too much.
With shady lady's help, she then proceeds to save her family in her self made mecha made out of plot armor.

I understand Noitamina's 11 episode limitation can be rough, but too many things happen too conveniently.

Oh well, should it be a trainwreck, at least it'll look pretty.

The entire premise of this show is that the Galileo family is a group of super geniuses. That was established in the first episode, so that Houzaki can build a skyfish by the age of 10 or so is a state of nature, that is what supergeniuses do, talking about "disbelief" here is idiotic. It's like watching the Lord of the Rings and staying "I can't believe this because it has elves".

As for trusting "shady lady", what other choice did she have? She had no idea what to do, she had to put her faith into someone, and hearing that the lady's experience (and wounds) corresponded with what Houzaki just experienced was the deciding factor for Houzaki. The animation even showed this, watch her reactions both to when the lady told the story and when she saw that her hand was damaged. Houzaki is, as her sister said, smarter than she looks, and this animation thinks the audience is smarter than they sound here because they don't feel the need to say and show everything (the people here bitching that they didn't show the lady tying up the cops really need to attend remedial classes, they had just shown the lady lay out a cop, do you think she would have an issue dealing with them after she had a machine gun covering her - do you really need EVERYTHING spelled out for you)?

As for the mini-fish. Again, nature of the super genius to build things. Given what Houzaki's goal for her skyfish was it isn't surprising that she would have something to allow her to do EVA.

As for plot armor: light weapons don't fare particularly well against armor, so it isn't surprising that the cops couldn't stop her. But the show had some realism with the cooling system being damaged, she didn't build a perfect machine and that the cops were hitting her quite frequently.

I know that this show isn't for everyone, if you don't like the whole concept, don't watch it. But don't whine about the premise of the show for well following the premise of the show. It makes you sound like a moron.
Oct 18, 2013 12:33 PM

Jun 2013
Not to sound like a heartless bastard, but am I only one who didn't like the mum that much, I mean granted, I don't hate her, but I just don't care about her
Oct 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Apr 2012
Did no one else notice they stole the sound effects for that mobile suit from the movie Aliens! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSrcMaid0mg

Cheeky buggers! lol
Oct 18, 2013 2:58 PM
Feb 2013
What. The. Fuck?
A bunch of things happened but the how they happen don't make any sense. In other words, awesome.
Oct 18, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
BadassKatana said:
Not to sound like a heartless bastard, but am I only one who didn't like the mum that much, I mean granted, I don't hate her, but I just don't care about her

It's not just you. I don't really love her either.
Oct 18, 2013 4:04 PM

Jan 2011
"Papa, I failed."
Mamma is probably not dead, unless she is not main character enough in that case her plot armour wasn't strong enough to survive the bullet or whatever it was.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 18, 2013 5:16 PM
Oct 2008
So both of their parents were killed... damn that escalated quickly
Oct 18, 2013 6:37 PM

Mar 2008
Goldfish, mom, dad, down for the count. Not a good start. Hopefully the sisters can stay alive.
Oct 18, 2013 7:02 PM
Mar 2013
So, I can't find any info about this, will it be a 2-cour ?
Oct 18, 2013 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
Really liking this show!

It's a shame it's only 11 eps. Or maybe it's split-cour? Hopefully it is since it's quite splendid so far.

Also dat ending. I hope the mom is ok.
Oct 18, 2013 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
CRadu said:

11 episodes so far.
Oct 18, 2013 10:42 PM
Mar 2013
mayukachan said:
CRadu said:

11 episodes so far.

Meh, I thought it will be split, with the other one coming in Winter or Spring maybe. Oh well...
Oct 18, 2013 11:24 PM

Oct 2012
RIP Goldfish 18/10 never forget

Was a nice ep. hope to see more.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 19, 2013 2:21 AM

Jun 2009
I think the mom ram her own head into a wall to suicide/protect Galileo's relic and her daughters.

The dad... I think that bastard will survive.

For an A-1 picture's work, this show is ridiculously well drawn.

Really liking this show, Hozuki is <3

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2013 4:06 AM

Jan 2008
OH SHIT THEY KILLED MAMA

Next noitaminA's round-up is Samurai Flamenco continued and second season for Gin no Saji, so there goes your hopes for a (fast) GD's sequel. Well, we still have 9 episodes to go, let's see how it goes.

I'm still sticking to my opinion that Hozuki focus is a bad focus, waiting for the other two to take action. Anna is awesome, I like her.
Oct 19, 2013 4:42 AM

Sep 2012
Series is looking great so far I can see a lot of potential in it, let's hope they don't fuck it up!
Oct 19, 2013 6:56 AM

Aug 2013
joshlul said:
Series is looking great so far I can see a lot of potential in it, let's hope they don't fuck it up!

Same here, I doubt they could fuck it up!

Also, shame so many died in only Ep.2 (Mom, dad? , goldfish)...
Oct 19, 2013 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
Japan, where teenagers can build mechas and giant flying ships.

Never liked the mother, but killing her...that's a bit too much. I wonder if they are only pulling our legs though. Some bad writing plagued this episode, but it was otherwise okay 3/5.
Oct 19, 2013 1:45 PM

Aug 2012
I can see it, my most favorite series this season is right here. It probably has almost everything that i always wanted to see from an anime XD

this episode was really fun to watch, great actions and intriguing new character, and i love how they mentioned historical event such as John Milton's meeting with Galileo and his Paradise Lost. I'm really curious about that black paper bird.

Takuan_Soho said:
Well, that certain answered the question of which is my favorite animation this cour.

I thought this show was aimed at a younger age bracket, and while the Japanese are willing to let their kids see some violence and sex, that they showed the mother with that much blood shows that this show is aimed higher. Excellent.

And they brought up geocentrism again, so that wasn't a translation error. Excellent. Massive conspiracy in play, show willing to do a bit dark (though not too dark, I would lay 5-1 odds the mother and father are still alive and will have to use their genius to escape from the evil father and son, who, unless I am wrong, are not the "final boss" or anywhere near to it), so this bodes extremely well for the future. And the second daughter stepped up big time, so we were right that she would prove to be the physical kick-ass one, this transforms her emo personality brilliantly. I can't recall an Emo/Chuunibyou character who is actually this physical, taking down that cop and then going for the killer blow was perfect.

It's still early, only the second episode, but right now there is so much they can do with this show, that one can't help but to be excited for the next episode. Onwards and upwards!

Edit: tesoro means treasure, so they are looking for Galileo's treasure. Given the info this episode the 4 girls are going to have to find the other six documents to put together the clues to find it. So this is going to become a quest animation, probably a race against the Sky Pirates and the Evil Son. So that will probably take up the next 10 episodes. What the treasure is I have no idea, but it has to do something with Geocentrism. This could go 1 of 2 ways: 1) the universe is actually heliocentric and this has been covered up by the government. Possible given the myth of Galileo's trial (the trial wasn't the myth, but what most people think about it is), that would be fine, but I am sort of hoping that the world IS geocentric. That would require some really fun and creative writing to pull off.

that would be AWESOME.

watching this series kinda feels like reading a Dan Brown's book lol. But with loli and mecha. and goldfish.
ChoroshiOct 19, 2013 2:00 PM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 19, 2013 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
Mother looks pretty dead unless she gets some medical attention
Oct 19, 2013 5:10 PM

Jun 2012
I'm loving this series thus far. :3
Oct 19, 2013 7:31 PM

Feb 2013
Wow. I was not expecting that. Is she really dead? That'd be the hell of a twist.
Oct 19, 2013 7:50 PM

Mar 2012
oh shit the mom
Oct 19, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2007
So, what happened to Hozuki's goldfish? Is it dead?

Yeah, THAT'S what I'm worried about.
Oct 19, 2013 10:09 PM

Jun 2012
So she did have candy on her! xD
Hozuki was amazing, storming a police station. Haha, locks on to their heads, shoots at the ground in front of them. Well, it's certainly a lot better than killing them.

Elite60 said:
Man Hozuki builds things to take some major damage.

"I built it to fly to Japan someday", haha as if, she built it for these very moments where she can engage in combat. It's just so obvious xD

I know it's the 3rd episode, but that character design is just so beautiful. Looking forward to another episode ^^

Oct 19, 2013 11:21 PM

Jan 2011
the real gold fish died? and their mama...

when pirates can come to your house, u know the cops are involved
Oct 20, 2013 12:12 AM

Apr 2012
Really interesting conspiracy theory with Galielio's treasure. I always like to watch stuff like that. Everyone is really involved now and so lets see who'll win this race to reach the treasure first! IF that's the way this anime will go, can't be too sure how this anime wants to play it out. Lots of potential to be my favorite this season though.

Glad to see the females in this anime can kick some butt. Hozuki with her mechs and now Kazuki and Anna with some martial arts and pepper spray haha ;) And well Hazuki too, with her dangerous law mouth lol

Oct 20, 2013 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that the animators don't know how a wrench works? 25 seconds into the OP, it shows Hozuki trying to turn a bolt with a non-ratcheting wrench by moving it back and forth without taking if off the bolt. That just moves the bolt back and forth a bit, without actually turning it!
Oct 20, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
I'm liking Hozuki more and more. Not only is she kawaii, but also such a genius :D

Oct 20, 2013 2:59 PM
Jul 2013
What happend to the real goldfish lol?

That was a good episode. Nice actions scenes too.
:)
Oct 20, 2013 5:35 PM

Jun 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
DeviFreakMint said:
The entire premise of this show is that the Galileo family is a group of super geniuses. That was established in the first episode, so that Houzaki can build a skyfish by the age of 10 or so is a state of nature, that is what supergeniuses do, talking about "disbelief" here is idiotic. It's like watching the Lord of the Rings and staying "I can't believe this because it has elves".

As for the mini-fish. Again, nature of the super genius to build things. Given what Houzaki's goal for her skyfish was it isn't surprising that she would have something to allow her to do EVA.

I know that this show isn't for everyone, if you don't like the whole concept, don't watch it. But don't whine about the premise of the show for well following the premise of the show. It makes you sound like a moron.
I kind of agree with the other things you said... but just because they're a family of "super geniuses" doesn't mean we can just assume that everything they do makes sense because they're gods among men. It doesn't hurt to use your brain sometimes, rather than just assume it all makes sense, and we're just not intelligent enough to understand it... that makes one look moronic. Super genius doesn't have anything to do with being resourceful, or experienced. I have no doubts she has the smarts to build it... but truly there are some things that don't add up. Where did she get the parts for it? She certainly couldn't have the money to get it. How the hell did she manage to get that kind of firepower, sure it's possible that she made it, but again where'd she get the materials, she's certainly not old enough for anyone to sell it to her. Even she's not smart enough, nor experienced enough to just convince people to sell it to a 10 year old girl through the black market.

And the biggest question, is how in the world could she possibly have lifted even half of the things it would have taken to build it? With help, I could easily imagine it happening... but she would have had to drive or be driven to various parts stores, had to somehow manage to load them up on her vehicle, then take them out, haul them to the shed, and hold / lift them up while putting the pieces together. Sure she could have built mechanisms to hold them up and all... but even a super genius is limited with a 10 year old body, all by themself. And there's also the fact that she did all of it without the notice of her mother.

Personally, this doesn't stop me from enjoying the show. But a truly great series should provide information to make you believe that these things could possibly be sensible for her to do by this series' logic. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but thus far we haven't been shown anything to believe that she could build something of that caliber... all we know is that she has some advanced shit that we were told she made, we need to be shown some things. Saying she's a super genius is easy enough, but I'd like to see how she's a super genius... not just that she knows how to use her equipment and fire guns, and follow her gold fish's instructions (when a gold fish needs to explain strategy to you, that's the opposite of intelligence).
HalibelTheEspadaOct 20, 2013 5:40 PM
Oct 20, 2013 7:19 PM

Aug 2010
Random Thoughts:

• What is this Galileo Tesoro, must be something extremely important for so many people to be after it. The plot so far reminds me a bit of Hollywood movies like National Treasure or even Indiana Jones.

• Not sure if I trust this Anna Hendricks character, she says the right things but really she could just be after the Tesoro for her own gain.

• That was a pretty effective move that Kazuki used against the agent, wonder where she learned that from.

• Do the parents own some kind of industrial/mechanical manufacturing plant, I find it hard to believe Hozuki built something of that size in a simple workshop.

• Character design looks a lot like SAO’s and no wonder the same key character designer (Shingo Adachi) is working on this series.

Full blog post here
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

79 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.