Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 8, 2014 12:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode shows what sometimes I find nonsensical about Gundam. Instead of appealing to her feelings, why doesn't Saji just tell her the truth about Ribbons and how he and the Innovators are the source of what killed her parents? And with what authority can Saji patronize the Gundam Meisters when he's seen first hand how the A/Laws haver murdered tens of thousands? Instead of emo whining, stick to what's happened..Makes for a better story and better dialogue.

Wang's death feels kind of pointless to be honest. All this running around double crossing everyone and then she gets done in a by a mental midget like Nena Trinity.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 4, 2014 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
I can't get enough of Nena's crazy laugh.
Jul 29, 2014 3:35 AM

Feb 2013

-can we please keep the newtype nonsense in UC where it kinda belongs

-So what's setsuna's deal again,so he's a knight in shining armor now,and an emo

-can someone please kill that andrei bitch.

-OH GREAT,JUST WHAT I FUCKING NEEDED,MORE ANNOYING CHARACTERS TO DEAL WITH

-WONG LU MEI DEAD?................FUCK YES

-Anew betrays CB,Emo lockon confirmed

This show seems hell bent on making the characters as unlikable as possible.
Aug 16, 2014 10:07 PM

Oct 2013
Marzan said:
This episode shows what sometimes I find nonsensical about Gundam. Instead of appealing to her feelings, why doesn't Saji just tell her the truth about Ribbons and how he and the Innovators are the source of what killed her parents? And with what authority can Saji patronize the Gundam Meisters when he's seen first hand how the A/Laws haver murdered tens of thousands? Instead of emo whining, stick to what's happened..Makes for a better story and better dialogue.

Wang's death feels kind of pointless to be honest. All this running around double crossing everyone and then she gets done in a by a mental midget like Nena Trinity.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with most of this post.

I legitimately expected Klaus to be killed at the beginning; we don't know for sure what's happened to him, though.

It seems Saji is the only one who can actually see this war for what it is. Louise and Andrei claim they're part of the A-Laws because peace can only be obtained by eliminating all forces opposing the government. Celestial Being fight the A-Laws because there'll be no peace found under a tyranny. What's really going on though is one group keeps killing off members of the other group and causing an infinite spiral of hatred and revenge. Saji appears to be the only one with the sense to see that. Still, I agree with CB's plight; the A-Laws are despicable and need to all die. If only Louise and Andrei could see that.

One thing I loved about this episode was that Setsuna showed a lot of empathy for Saji and Louise. It seems as if part of him feels responsible for what happened between the two of them - the death of Louise's family, their split up, her joining the A-Laws - and he wants make amends somehow. For whatever reason, he legitimately cares about their relationship and truly wants to save Louise and bring them back together somehow. This is a side of Setsuna not really seen previously.

I knew it was a matter of time before Nena showed her sadistic self again. I can't believe Liu Mei is dead. Unlike most other people here, I didn't hate her; I found her and Hong Long really interesting and rather mysterious. For Nena to show up and kill them both like this is unbelievable. I'm hoping they're saved somehow, but that seems like it might be a bit too much to hope for...

I wonder what's up with Anew. I doubt she was just playing Celestial Being this entire time; she seemed too sincere. Is Ribbons influencing her somehow?

I can't stand Ribbons, seriously. Can't wait for him to be killed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 13, 2016 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
Finally someone slapped down Wan Lumei.
May 13, 2017 5:03 AM

Apr 2009
Just kill Saji already please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2017 11:56 AM

Oct 2014
I wanted marina to die dammit.
Oct 4, 2018 8:51 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
"If I take the gun, I wouldn't be able to look into the children's eyes." Well, would you be able to look into their eyes if they died because you couldn't do anything to protect them?

Looks like Saji really understands Louise, and was able to change her, even only a bit. Too bad Andrei thinks he knows what's best for Louise.

So I guess Lyle didn't have any suspicions that Anew is an innovator. It's clear from his reaction when he recognized the eyes of the innovator they captured. I really hope Anew didn't kill Lasse. I wonder if being in innovator mode nullifies her love for Lyle? Or perhaps it's a totally different personality?
Oct 22, 2020 8:03 AM

Nov 2019
well that last scene was unexpected..........i know she had it coming but it caught me off guard
Mar 14, 2023 8:41 AM

Jul 2016
How many times has Andrei had to drag Louise's suit with him while retreating? Lmao

There's something satisfying about it being Nena giving Wang her just desserts. That psychotic laugh at the end was top notch too (if not creepy)
Jan 13, 2:49 AM

Jul 2017
The scene between saji and Louise was really well done, i liked it a lot.
Wang Liu mei finally gets what she searching, betraying everyone possible in the show, too bad she was delievering veda's location to Celestial being.
Andrei is insufferable, and i wonder how anew's subplot will end up.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Mar 1, 12:32 AM
Dec 2019
I'm still baffled how Louise ever became a pilot, let alone one that sees combat deployment. Has she actually successfully shot down any enemy? Patrick is the actual joke character of the series and he's unironically a vastly superior pilot to her. Having Louise turn into a screaming sobbing mess every single mission is worse than her being a rich airhead because at least you don't get put in military prison for being a stupid spoiled rich kid.

Absolutely about time that Wang Liu Mei got written out of the story. What was the last thing she actually did that had an impact on anything? I suppose having her plant the most obvious spy in the world (Anew is an Innovator?! Gasp! They totally didn't reveal that already last episode!) was her last real action and that was like 10 episodes ago. Keeping Nena around also never made any sense at all. She doesn't have any special skills, she's not a good pilot (not that she does much fighting anyway), and she's a mentally unstable psycho. What did Liu Mei ever actually get from taking her in? She even admits that she's useless in the show!

I think that season 2 did a respectable job of filling in the characters that they wiped out in season 1 and that its even watchable at all puts it ahead of a lot of Gundam series' but man this spirals into idiot plot nonsense pretty quickly. A lot of extremely unlikeable and unsympathetic characters bloat the cast and it feels like the show is constantly lurching around to set up grudge matches for the finale more than anything else.

For as "high level" as Ribbons' scheming is supposed to be, the threads of why the action is happening feel very thin and unclear. Wang Liu Mei just wanted to see what would happen if she financed a hyper-advanced war-ending terrorist group? That's it? That fancy suit guy from S1 that raised Ribbons just wanted to steal Aeolia's (who nobody talks about anymore and wasn't really even very well explained anyway) plan because reasons. The Innovators are betraying each other because pseudo-New Types are usually evil psychos for no particular reason. Andrei thinks killing his dad for no reason makes him better than his dad who he was angry at for letting his mom die because of his duty. Saji's journey is actually finally sort of interesting but Louise is mostly terrible. The show has no idea what to do with Soma and Allelujah right now so they just mope around. And so on and so forth. Basically for all the characters there are on both a character and general plot level the show doesn't really seem to have any idea what its doing right now beyond literal "A action point causes B development which results in C action point, etc".
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TechnicsMKII - Jan 31, 2009

155 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 29, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.