Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 9, 2014 9:42 AM
Aug 2014
Beautiful art as expected, I too appreciate the breather especially after the foreshadowing of the next film. The battle scenes were exquisite and I now like Azaka's character more. On to 7!
Sep 28, 2014 11:23 PM

Nov 2012
This one was less intensive in terms of action, but it was not that bad. Granted, Azaka had to be developed some time soon, and they did a good job establishing her relationship with her brother.
Oct 18, 2014 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
Oh look a kara no kyoukai film without gore for once

LOLNOPE

Azaka was moe but the story was meh.

7/10
Dec 15, 2014 2:31 AM

Apr 2009
kinda disappointed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2014
Really enjoyed this.
Azaka best girl <3
Jan 27, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
Sol_Ou said:
He ate a whole human in one hour? Pretty impressive.

I'm more surprised that he can eat a whole human O__O;

This was one of the weaker films of the series, but it wasn't the weakest. The mystery kept me interested. Onto 7th film :)
Feb 13, 2015 1:41 AM
Dec 2013
I love all the movies except this one
doesn't fit the series at all

5/10
Feb 26, 2015 8:35 PM

Aug 2014
Wasn't really a fan of this one.
Mar 10, 2015 8:04 AM

Jun 2014
Well,that was... ok I guess.
The tone doesn't fit the series at all and the movie wasn't nearly as interesting as the others.
Mar 30, 2015 12:02 PM
Oct 2014
Bit disappointing tbh. Felt out of place too. Azaka was okay, though.
So the guy in glasses brought back Shiki's memories, huh? Interesting, though hopefully the next movie is an improvement.
Apr 5, 2015 1:55 AM

Jan 2015
what a disappointment

cant stand azaka, too corny and kawaii

killed the mood that I'd grown accustomed to from the dark and serious tone set marvelously in movies 5 and 3.

I really hope 7 isnt like this, or Ill be disappointed.

6/10 is my score, so 3/5.
Apr 6, 2015 5:16 PM

Sep 2011
Grapekiwi said:
what a disappointment

cant stand azaka, too corny and kawaii

killed the mood that I'd grown accustomed to from the dark and serious tone set marvelously in movies 5 and 3.

To be fair on both Nasu and Ufotable's part, the original content for Movie 6's story revolved around enjo kōsai ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjo_k%C5%8Dsai ) which has a really huge stigma in Japan. In this regard, I can see why they might have changed it to a simpler, albeit still serious, drug addiction story.

It's not so much an excuse for the light-hearted tone of the movie, but it does explain why it feels a bit more toned down compared to the other films.

Grapekiwi said:
I really hope 7 isnt like this, or Ill be disappointed.

You don't have to worry about that. ^_^
ronriApr 6, 2015 5:19 PM
May 11, 2015 9:07 PM

Nov 2012
I'm giving this a bad rating simply because the random disappearance of the God's Word guy.
Jaywalker.
May 25, 2015 3:10 PM

Dec 2013
The best about this movie was the dog. That is all, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your attention.

Wasted 1h for this piece of garbage just to see a few scenes involving the dog, not so bad because, of course, I have nothing else to do with life...
Jun 25, 2015 10:23 AM

Feb 2015
*Yawn*

masowyzgon said:

Wasted 1h for this piece of garbage just to see a few scenes involving the dog, not so bad

There's hardly any point in this movie.

Incest and moe K?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2015 10:56 PM

Feb 2015
"I'm hungry, Mikiya." Yeah, for his dick, maybe.
Jul 14, 2015 12:50 PM

Jan 2015
Watched approximately 10 minutes of it, then skipped. This had nothing to do with the five previous movies.
Jul 14, 2015 9:11 PM

Sep 2011
HapHazrD said:
Watched approximately 10 minutes of it, then skipped. This had nothing to do with the five previous movies.

I guess you missed the end-credits scene that leads up to the final film then...?
Jul 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Jan 2015
ronri said:
HapHazrD said:

I guess you missed the end-credits scene that leads up to the final film then...?

Ok, so two minutes out of sixty were relevant to the globality of the series. Tough deal.
Aug 29, 2015 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
This movie was so left field, but I somehow enjoyed.
Nov 7, 2015 3:54 PM

Feb 2015
well as ronri said beforehand this certainly was a breather. when i learned of the wincest hint i kinda freaked out but nothing happened so phew.

the animation of the fight with kokouto's sister...so sick! my favorite part is when she was jumping on the chairs.

wow the movie didn't take long to switch over to its original setting for sure o_O whoever that guy is, he's crazy.

and PLEASE LORD MAKE SURE YOU KILL SOREN. he's back AGAIN?!? ugh...it's too soon to see him now >:(

after the 2nd movie the OST has always caught my eye. my favorite song would have to be shiki's theme.

oh and is it just me or does kokouto look EXACTLY like harry potter here?

even the scarf. shee.

8/10.
Nov 7, 2015 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
TomDay said:

wow the movie didn't take long to switch over to its original setting for sure o_O whoever that guy is, he's crazy.

and PLEASE LORD MAKE SURE YOU KILL SOREN. he's back AGAIN?!? ugh...it's too soon to see him now >:(

Araya is actually still dead here and in the next movie. The scene you witnessed is set very early on in the past way before Shiki met Araya or the other antagonists... so it's while it seems random it's actually related to a very important story thread.

TomDay said:

oh and is it just me or does kokouto look EXACTLY like harry potter here?

even the scarf. shee.

Haha I've seen people point this out before so you're not alone in thinking this! ^_^

Incidentally, thinking about the incest topic of this film, I find it funny that for all of Azaka's glorification over her attraction for Mikiya, the flashback revealed that the basis of it was hardly the kind of fetish-y or romantic at all and felt closer to a proper brother-sister admiration. It made her feel more genuine in her feelings while serving to show her strength as someone who can willfully boast about it.

So it's funny that she'd actually forget that important detail and simply brand it as some taboo attraction especially when the basis of her care for him was actually well-meaning in their intentions.
Feb 20, 2016 6:14 PM

Nov 2015
Well, it was another good movie.

This goes more for Azaka (and her moeness) and truth be told, I was surprised
to discover that she was into Mikiya... well, it's her brother in law so..it's not
that wrong...Is it?

Anyway, it felt a little bit rushed, but at the same time everything fell in place.
The mystery and battles got cut down a bit, even when the battle was kind of cool.

As always, Ufotable doing magic with animation and sound and Kalafina adding
the special touch with the songs.

I did notice, the girl with the dog... isn't she the one in future gospel? I've seen her somewhere...

Well, next movie we have a cannibal... ok ok.
Feb 21, 2016 4:55 AM

Aug 2014
HDarkmantis said:
.. well, it's her brother in law so..it's not
that wrong...Is it?

they're siblings by blood
Feb 21, 2016 6:03 AM

Nov 2015
Svelten said:
HDarkmantis said:
.. well, it's her brother in law so..it's not
that wrong...Is it?

they're siblings by blood

Fuck my subtitles then =/
They said "in law" in the ones I watched... Damn it.
They had ONE job.
Feb 25, 2016 10:21 AM

Dec 2015
HDarkmantis said:
I did notice, the girl with the dog... isn't she the one in future gospel? I've seen her somewhere...

Why did you know about future gospel? Did you see a trailer?
Feb 25, 2016 5:23 PM

Nov 2015
Xarvon said:
HDarkmantis said:

Don't worry, I don't know a thing.
I just recognized her face from the one on the cover image of Future Gospel here in MAL.
I saw it when I was researching for the order I should watch the KnK movies.
I don't know who she is or what she does, but the fact she got those seconds on focus made me remember her.
Feb 26, 2016 2:27 AM

Dec 2015
HDarkmantis said:
Xarvon said:

Don't worry, I don't know a thing.
I just recognized her face from the one on the cover image of Future Gospel here in MAL.
I saw it when I was researching for the order I should watch the KnK movies.
I don't know who she is or what she does, but the fact she got those seconds on focus made me remember her.

Alright, I should have guessed it xD
Have fun with the rest of the series!
Dec 11, 2016 3:00 AM

Jun 2016
why do shiki looks like a girl in 16 in this movie?

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Aug 6, 2017 9:38 AM
Jan 2010
So many pretentious people here
Aug 17, 2017 8:18 AM

May 2015
I can't get interested by this movies. Like really, besides animation and music I can't find anything awesome about this.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 21, 2017 5:53 AM

Jul 2008
Not my favorite of the movies so far. Felt a bit boring to me. Animation and music are still top notch so 6/10.
Dec 3, 2017 5:01 AM

Aug 2015
Definitely the weakest instalment so far in my eyes. Excluding the visuals and sound, pretty much every aspect of this was underwhelming in comparison to the previous movies.
Dec 3, 2017 3:08 PM

May 2010
Man, this was sooooo boring! I couldn't get into this one at all. I expected this to be weaker compared to the previous movie, but god, I barely managed to complete this within one sitting. And it's just one hour long!. At the very least I guess I liked Azaka more than I thought I would, but that's about it lol.

5/10 for Azaka and animation/music, I already started to forget what the heck even happened in this, geez.

Hopefully the last one is gonna be a lot better!
Mar 19, 2018 9:58 AM
Nov 2015
there always will be an annoying character in a Kinoko Nasu work
Mar 30, 2018 9:46 PM

Mar 2018
I'm going to be honest I am really not looking forward to this episode. Taking out two of the MC's for supporting characters, then slapping in Koukutou's sister for 59 minutes seems shambolic at best.

Edit: It wasn't as bad as I thought. 7/10
Himura-KenshinMar 31, 2018 11:42 AM
The Soviet Union will revive #communism
Dec 10, 2018 9:51 PM

Feb 2018
Azaka still Love onii chan Mikiya Lol...
Jan 7, 2020 11:21 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty damn boring, I almost fell asleep a few times. Definitely a huge step back from the two hour movie before.
May 9, 2020 3:16 AM

Dec 2009
I don't see what the point of this chapter was... it didn't add much of anything after the fifth finally revealed something big of the story.
Sep 1, 2020 4:59 AM

Sep 2017
Kinda fun movie.
I liked Azaka a lot in this movie

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 14, 2020 8:14 PM
Aug 2018
didn't enjoy a little bit as compared to previous parts
bakayarou konoyarou
Sep 22, 2020 11:15 AM

May 2020
Alright this story is for Kokutou sister. She is energic yet powerful. Love the effect on the battle scene. Unfortunately it's too short and the battle of Shiki is only one slash of kitchen knife. But the rest was good. It's warmful when seeing Shiki and Azaka are together. Just know that Azaka fall in love with her Onii-san and said ''I love to do forbidden things'' meanwhile Shiki said ''you are pervert'' I see the joke there. 8/10 good.
Nov 3, 2020 6:17 PM

Aug 2019
ronri said:
pillsbury15 said:

In the movie yeah... which ignores a lot of what made Oblivion Recording good. Its a very average adaptation of what was one of my favorite chapters in the novel.

Agreed, while it still works as a solid adaptation, it's just a shame they weren't able to fully utilize the original plot and the role of the fairies and Kurogiri.

I know that im very late but was the death of Tachibana and the fairies all an illusion? i still don't really get how Tachibana was still alive when they mentioned that she killed herself... and if anyone can give a tldr about the original plot and what really happened to Tachibana it would be appreciated
Manga readers who can't help themselves in spoiling/hinting about upcoming events need a lot of help.
Nov 18, 2020 2:45 AM

Oct 2013
tfw no one is talking about Azaka's heart boner for her brother

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 3, 2021 6:45 AM

May 2020
This movie is pretty nice, I want more Shiki tho. The fifth one is still the best for now
Jan 7, 2022 12:04 AM

May 2020
This definitely fell a step short for me from all those previous movies tbh. This siscon, brocon thing doesn't bother me so much but still it wasn't fitting with the atmosphere of this series. Also lack of Shiki's screen time as compared to the previous ones was somewhat a main cause too.
Jan 18, 2022 10:58 PM
Dec 2015
dtshyk said:
I didn't measure the length, but it was about one hour. To fully cover the original story, they need two hours, I guess.

*Edit
This website says it's 60min.
All Cinema

So, like a normal movie? I don´t understand why they couldn´t make it longer when the previous was quite lenghty.
Feb 10, 2022 8:10 PM

May 2020
An alright movie but pretty boring. Azaka is not the completely annoying bro-con I thought she would be, so that was a plus I guess. Also, too little Shiki.
Feb 17, 2022 6:02 AM
May 2021
This is the worst part for me it's not like that it is bad or something but the other parts are better.
Mar 7, 2022 4:52 PM

Feb 2021
boring as the rest were, fell asleep 20 minutes in
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.