Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2009 5:49 PM

Apr 2007
Isn't the "Cold" Shiki the female Shiki, with SHIKI (male) being the playful, "I'll speak about Shiki's hidden feelings and thoughts" Shiki?
Aug 4, 2009 6:25 AM

Sep 2008
Well, this movie was just what I've come to expect of Kara no Kyoukai movies.

10% - Story Progression
1% - Cool fights
19% - Credits + Next movie preview
70% - Boring silence during which absolutely nothing happens and makes me fall asleep.

End of the movie was pretty decent though. Better than most of the KnK movies.

7/10

Although realisticly, these KnK movies just aren't any good really. There's so little content in each movie that it's actually sad. Almost nothing happens at all. Maybe if they had combined all 7 KnK movies into a single 2hr movie then they would have had something great.
Aug 4, 2009 10:10 AM

Apr 2009
5layer said:
Maybe if they had combined all 7 KnK movies into a single 2hr movie then they would have had something great.

I'd cry if that happened.

Aug 4, 2009 10:55 AM

Sep 2007
5layer said:
Although realisticly, these KnK movies just aren't any good really. There's so little content in each movie that it's actually sad. Almost nothing happens at all. Maybe if they had combined all 7 KnK movies into a single 2hr movie then they would have had something great.
Yeah, if they copy/pasted all of the fight scenes into one movie, it might at least be enjoyable.
Aug 4, 2009 6:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
man, it would have been better if they explained Satsuki Kurogiri's ability to speak the "true unified language" as well as the strange way his memories work. This movie simplified TOO MUCH stuff that was awesome in the original story. And they skipped what happened to Kurogiri at the very end and didn't make it very clear that Shiki may have recovered her memories.....

The whole depth of the original chapter was left out.... *sigh*
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 5, 2009 4:57 AM

Apr 2009
wakka9ca said:
man, it would have been better if they explained Satsuki Kurogiri's ability to speak the "true unified language" as well as the strange way his memories work.

"True unified language?" Sounds like the Speech. He doesn't talk to doorknobs and white holes, does he?

Aug 5, 2009 5:58 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Waffocopter said:
wakka9ca said:
man, it would have been better if they explained Satsuki Kurogiri's ability to speak the "true unified language" as well as the strange way his memories work.

"True unified language?" Sounds like the Speech. He doesn't talk to doorknobs and white holes, does he?

that's exactly what he was supposed of capable of doing.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 5, 2009 6:28 AM

Apr 2009
wakka9ca said:
Waffocopter said:
wakka9ca said:

O_O Damn. The movie really did leave out a lot of awesomeness then, it seems! And now I wish there were novel translations that went as far as the 6th...

Aug 5, 2009 7:13 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Waffocopter said:
wakka9ca said:
Waffocopter said:
wakka9ca said:

O_O Damn. The movie really did leave out a lot of awesomeness then, it seems! And now I wish there were novel translations that went as far as the 6th...

actually, you can read the sypnosis in english here:
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/rakkyo/
and for the 6th book:
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/rakkyo/06.htm

quote about Kurogiri from that:
"Also known as the Master of Babel, he is the only sorcerer who is able to speak the "Unified Language" that existed in the mythological age. It is a language that is spoken to the plane of the world that we stand on and not to people themselves. There is no concept that can't be communicated, surpassing the barriers of cultures, and everything he says has a forceful meaning. For that reason, he is the ultimate hypnotist. He could also read the memories of people from the records in that plane, even if that person forgot it."

In other words, he could recover Shiki's memories even if they are lost from Shiki's head, as the world itself remembers them....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Aug 5, 2009 8:24 AM

Apr 2009
wakka9ca said:
Waffocopter said:
wakka9ca said:
Waffocopter said:
wakka9ca said:

actually, you can read the sypnosis in english here:
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/rakkyo/
and for the 6th book:
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/rakkyo/06.htm

quote about Kurogiri from that:
"Also known as the Master of Babel, he is the only sorcerer who is able to speak the "Unified Language" that existed in the mythological age. It is a language that is spoken to the plane of the world that we stand on and not to people themselves. There is no concept that can't be communicated, surpassing the barriers of cultures, and everything he says has a forceful meaning. For that reason, he is the ultimate hypnotist. He could also read the memories of people from the records in that plane, even if that person forgot it."

In other words, he could recover Shiki's memories even if they are lost from Shiki's head, as the world itself remembers them....

Synopsis is good enough for me. Thanks!

Aug 6, 2009 7:29 AM

Feb 2008
Meh story. Lol at lame the incest attempt.

Almost wanted to give a six but settled for a seven cause the animation and music was was a bit better as compared to the rest.
Aug 8, 2009 12:00 PM
Jul 2008
Another good movie, but I felt like this one lacked focus. They seemed too busy showing off Azaka's moe-ness, and less about the mystery surrounding the school. Even though the ending was solid, it kinda came outta nowhere IMO.

I didn't read the novels, but while watching it I did feel like there were a lot of holes, like the animaters skipped a lot of stuff to fit the movie into a single hour. I got this feeling from the other KnK movies as well, but it was handled in a way that added to the mystery of the series. In this one, it just felt like there was something missing. Luckily it didn't seem like anything crucial, since the story was understandable, if a bit rushed. Still, I think making this another 2 hour flick would've been better.
Aug 9, 2009 2:08 AM

Dec 2007
Pretty much the weakest movie so far, but far from unenjoyable. Next episode looks extremely promising.

All the subtle familiarities with other Type-Moon works made me lol. especially Seo and her dog Akira xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2009 6:56 PM

Apr 2008
5>1>2>3>4>6

Maybe it was the goodness that I remembered so fondly from the 5th movie, but this sixth one left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Far and away the weakest of the Kyoukai movies, it was completely lacking in focus. They threw in way to much of that incest nonsense to not make it the main focus of the film, and combined with the emphasis on Azaka-moe (resulting in a plethora of unnecessary, boring, and "why would you do that" scenes), it took away from the actual main story - the incident with the fairies. I really would have liked to see that incident fleshed out more, but it only got a small amount of time, mostly at the end when they realized they had to wrap things up. I respect them trying to give Azaka some development (although I think Shiki is by far the more interesting character anyway), but I feel they could have done it less obtrusively.

The animation and sound were stellar as always, but the fantastic presentation doesn't go far enough to save the butchered storyline and awkward character revelations (presentation alone rarely does).

All in all, I guess this felt more like a typical Type-Moon adaptation (which I didn't care for at all) than a Kara no Kyoukai movie. While the previous KnK did have TM's trademark snail's-pace-boring story progression and tell-don't-show attitude, they at least stayed focused on the plot, which was also much more creative and interesting than TM's other work. What this one had was the tacked-on "romance" element that really kills TM works for me by being really forced and shoving the story out of the way. Past Kyoukai films did have some degree of romance, but it knew its place: it was more understated and didn't get in the way of the more important stuff.

Hopes are high for movie 7, however, being the series conclusion and the follow-up to what was overall an interesting bit of backstory. As long as it keeps its eyes on the road, it should be great.
BokuSatchiiAug 9, 2009 7:51 PM

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.
Aug 10, 2009 7:32 AM

Jul 2007
naikou said:
5layer said:
Yeah, if they copy/pasted all of the fight scenes into one movie, it might at least be enjoyable.

Which would completely destroy idea, philosophy, storyline and the characters. Certain previous adaptationsthings that were never made are the proof that when adapting Type-Moon stuff, its better NOT to remove anything as anything is part of everything..
Aug 11, 2009 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
oh yeah probably really the weakest movie i have to agree. too bad it could be turned into something great imo. because azaka is a really awesome char and nana mizuki <3 but i dont think a villain role is fitting for her.

Aug 11, 2009 7:24 PM

Apr 2009
drocell said:

The canibal guy is kinda attractive. lol

*shudders* Noooooo...

Aug 12, 2009 11:25 AM

Dec 2007
5layer said:
Maybe if they had combined all 7 KnK movies into a single 2hr movie then they would have had something great.

Yeah, that'd be the perfect way to destroy this series. *facepalm*
Aug 13, 2009 4:23 AM

Sep 2008
Charliehsv said:
5layer said:

Well they don't need to combine them. Maybe playing them at 4x speed would have been enough.
Aug 14, 2009 2:32 AM

Jul 2007
5layer said:
Charliehsv said:
5layer said:

Well they don't need to combine them. Maybe playing them at 4x speed would have been enough.

This would not only destroy this series but would also create a lolicore song -_-
Aug 14, 2009 7:44 PM

May 2009
My least favorite out of all the movies yet, but still good.
Aug 14, 2009 9:24 PM

Sep 2008
Fai said:
5layer said:
Charliehsv said:
5layer said:

This would not only destroy this series but would also create a lolicore song -_-
lolz, I didn't mean to ACTUALLY speed it up 4x with audio sped up too. I just meant to make events occur 4x faster.
Aug 16, 2009 6:53 AM

Apr 2009
5layer said:
Fai said:
5layer said:
Charliehsv said:
5layer said:

lolz, I didn't mean to ACTUALLY speed it up 4x with audio sped up too. I just meant to make events occur 4x faster.

I was thinking what Fai was thinking. I'm sure it'd be amusing to see them super fast lectures and fight scenes to squeaky high-pitched battle themes for like ten minutes at least. In fact, I'll try that when I get home. But yeah, I'll keep the Kara no Kyoukai movies the way they are, no cuts or anything.

Aug 17, 2009 6:28 AM

Dec 2007
Azaka is Goku.
Aug 23, 2009 7:50 PM

Aug 2008
Bleh, that was massively disappointing. The animation was jaw dropping at least.
Aug 26, 2009 10:43 PM

Oct 2007
8/10, the best KnK movie so far in my opinion. Sure the story is plain weak, but that pretty much defines the whole series. Judging how they resort to a man-eating psychopath, storywise the last movie is going to be the worst of all. With even more magical nonsense thrown in to be interpreted as deep philosophy by the fan crowd. *sigh*
Aug 30, 2009 1:08 AM

Dec 2007
This movie was little weak than all Kara no Kyoukai movies, but that makes more enjoyable to watch it. Like as all movies, it has stunning visuals, superb animation, and great music. The movie was little short and some important information was missed out. The story was good, obviously, but it don’t have interesting plot enough to make the movie enjoyable such as I noticed Ouji’s revenge so easy at the beginning. The story was little weak, but it was a good movie and I personally liked this movie despite having a weak story is not good. I loved that yuri scene where Azaka tried to take small knife from Shiki. Oh, Azaka and Shiki are so moe.
gameoffreak8Aug 30, 2009 1:23 AM
Sep 2, 2009 11:58 AM

Aug 2009
Tsundere and moe alarm this time^^
But definitely different than the previous parts. I missed the violence/psycho/disturbing-aspect of the KnK-movies (the scene after the credits doesn't count as it wasn't part of the main story). The story wasn't so great as the other times, too. It wasn't really a serious scenario, but more like a "part-time-job", like a filler.
But it was still good. It was sometimes funny/moe and the story was still interesting.
I give a 8/10 because of the entertainment-level.
Now there's just one part left. Hope it will be really good^^ And I hope that the last part will focus on Shiki and Mikiya, and that they get a couple^^
Sep 4, 2009 7:14 AM
Aug 2008
Okay, maybe I need to watch the movie again, but I'm not terribly clear on some of the things that were said.

If anyone wants to explain what the heck happened, here's my notion after watching the whole thing:

Spoiler only for this episode:

Have I completely misunderstood the movie?
Sep 5, 2009 10:57 AM

Aug 2009
A fucking let down.
-Fixing-
Sep 11, 2009 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
Azaka doesn't like Shiki to be with Mikiya, her brother? But Azaka is forced to coop with Shiki for an accident?
tsubasaloverSep 11, 2009 10:53 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 16, 2009 8:04 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, so-so episode; nothing much happened.

7/10
Oct 3, 2009 2:53 PM

Jun 2007
Like in the case of formosan, the main plot points didn't make sense to me.

Kaori was supposed to have killed herself prior (months, iirc) to the story starting, her claiming the fairies (/dugs) were going to get her. Then, at the end, unless the subtitles were incorrect, Azaka says that Kaori has woke up... What!?

I also don't get what Azaka said to Ouji before Ouji attacked her. She said something along the lines of "A fairy told me about wha happened." When/how the hell did Azaka talk to a fairy? I've watched that scene twice and still don't get it.

And, finally, Ouji's memories. What memory of hers was removed and replaced with something else? Was she really Kaori's friend who just didn't help her, or what...?

...I feel the 'summary' section of the plot was handled badly; not explaining anything very well. I was left unsure what happened to God's Word, or why Araya wanted him to unlock Shiki's hidden memory.

In my opinion, the film would've been better if it was 100% focused on comedy/moe or drama. It ended up being a mix, with more focus on comedy/moe. It was never going to be very funny or have much depth with a mixture of average content.

--------

I rank the series like this thus far: 3 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 1 / 6 - I'll add detail after watching the final movie so I can give my thoughts about each film at once.
Nov 17, 2009 1:44 AM

Oct 2007
I think I liked this one the best so far out of the six I've watched. She really does look like Rin from FSN...
Dec 1, 2009 12:58 PM

Jan 2008
Movie wasnt as good as the last two, but i liked it though i was hoping for more development in the relationship of shiki and mikiya... though the preview of the next movie will finally do that.

noooooo now that i think about it... Typemoon is known to have some sad endings... (FSN and Tsukihime) there might be a sadish ending that awaits us in the last movie >_<
Dec 16, 2009 1:02 AM

Jul 2008
Lassie enjoys rape
Dec 21, 2009 5:43 PM
Nov 2009
my thoughts are this one is lacking a bit of action, the plot is somewhat confusing, and we didn't get to see much horror/phyco scenes like we did in the previous movies. nevertheless it was still a good watch, since the animation's awesome and so is tsundere =) the last scene where the guy started eating the corpse to hide it was probably where i was awake the most while watching this movie. 8/10.
Dec 30, 2009 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
So in January 1999 Araya appeared again.

Therefore my question:
Jan 2, 2010 9:37 PM
May 2008
I didn't mind this episode so much, since it did give a bit of backstory to some of the characters. However, as far as this movies story, it was pretty weak and didn't seem to serve a purpose.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 3, 2010 11:44 AM

May 2008
Not bad, I even enjoyed the story, but something was missing to satissfact me~

It is only me whom the blind girl on steps in the beginning, reminds Fujino from movie 3? xD
Shiro-catMay 23, 2010 11:40 AM
Feb 15, 2010 10:39 PM

Mar 2009
It was quite disappointing. Not much action and felt like a lot was missing.
Feb 18, 2010 5:45 PM
Oct 2009
So far this one seems to be my favorite one out of the series. Only number 7 to watch now.

Mar 21, 2010 11:23 AM

Jan 2010
So we now got ourselves a love triangle. There was even yuri fan service lol...

*remembers their pillow... I mean knife fight on top of the bed.*

Not the best episode, but still fairly good.
Mar 29, 2010 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
Uh, story in this one was so mediocre imo.. everything else was great, best part was probably when Azaka woke up and tried to punch Shiki, cracked me up.

Third is still my favorite one.
Apr 14, 2010 11:23 PM

Apr 2008
00:01:03 "Fire Prohibited Don't burn, me moe!" lol. The Japanese brother and sister fetish always creeps me out, seriously would you f#ck your sister?

5-6/10 Expect from the action scene nothing remarkable.
May 4, 2010 8:30 AM

Dec 2008
Least favorite so far.

Gave this one a 6/10.

May 4, 2010 9:06 AM
May 2010
This was the filler movie among the seven, and I thought it was a good choice as aperitif to the main course, which was Satsujin Kousatsu (Part II). As far as fillers go - this was probably the best.
May 7, 2010 4:58 AM

Sep 2009
the brother sister love thing was a bit weird but i have to say that it was cute in a way
and Azaka looked like Rin so many times during the movie when they showed the flashbacks to when she was a kid xD
also the fight scene was pretty good ^_^
only have to movie 7 Left to see which looks like it'll be really awesome :D

May 16, 2010 11:06 AM

Aug 2009
A fresh breeze with another piece of Mikiya's background.
And all the gore dose was located on the last 5 minutes.

Action clips were short, but nice. I wanted to see more "Word of God".

Oh, and I needed more Touko-san. Period.
May 18, 2010 1:49 PM

Feb 2009
Good movie, it's not the best from the series, it's a different story. As always the visuals and sound are outstaning.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.