Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 15, 2013 11:28 PM

Jul 2009
i think this episode alone made me drop this from a 7 to a 6.
seriously this mc is a fucking retard. oh lets be the nice guy and save the loli. oh wait, i just dived in front of her enraged monster to save some nobody and then the woman i neglected jumps in and sacrifice herself. but wait, that's not all. now ill change my mind and want to kill that loli cause it's all her fault! ok time to go and get dem powers to do so. yippee i got licked by my childhood friend and now i can see them funky lights. i shall seek my revenge!

seriously? will watch show for dat loli. mc can fuck himself and go get his other childhood friend killed too cause hes a fucking retard.
KurogashiOct 15, 2013 11:34 PM
Oct 15, 2013 11:33 PM

Jan 2013
Better than I was expecting.
After the first episode, which I completely forgot about, I went into this with no excitement. Halfway through I was kind of into it.
Oct 15, 2013 11:34 PM
Aug 2011
let me draw all over your face with my tongue

bai bai to Hokuto I guess
Oct 16, 2013 12:25 AM

Sep 2011
Wow! Best friend dead & hes running away cying in the rain after that hahahahaha! This is a action anime right not a comedy?
Oct 16, 2013 1:00 AM
Jan 2011
Did Hokuto just died? Wha... I like her...

TQ
Oct 16, 2013 1:02 AM
Jan 2011
nina4life said:
I'm confused about how I feel about this show.
There are bits I really like and bits I can't stand. For start, no anger at Hokuto dying? Really? She was your best friend (alongside that guy) and love interest yet he didn't burst into anger when she was killed.

Now, I know he'd have died as well if he confronted the evil little girl and not attacking certainly was rational decision, but I doubt ANYONE would be able to be rational at what just happened.

It reminds of (somewhat) of Kaze no stigma, hell, if he gained powers after Hokuto died I'd call it identical, yet it doesn't make me feel as excited or eager to watch more as KnS did.
So far the story is predictable, except for him becoming familiar, even by anime standards where most stories are similar. That wouldn't really be an issue if it was executed properly. Hokuto was cute and kind, but there just wasn't enough screen time for her so far to make her death really big deal. She was there just to move the plot forward, I hate those kind of characters.

I don't hate the show, I just feel like something is missing to make it better.

People had different ways of coping with grieve. Notice how he change his tune to that bitch when Hokuto died. Also notice the rain of angst and the sudden decison to be a familiar.

TQ
Oct 16, 2013 1:17 AM

Jan 2010
Hokuto was a shikigami... WHAT?? That really surprised me. Actually expected Harutora to ask Natsume revive Hokuto or make another familiar like her. Too bad he didn't. That's such a pity, they looked so funny together.

The blond girl is being stupid, i don't get her reasoning at all. What's the point of revivng someone precious to you and giving your life for it? Won't you normally think of revivng someone to be WITH him? Hope she won't end up becoming Baka-Tora's friend after they fight her.
But her idea to put familiar inside Harutora during their kiss was brilliant.

Nevertheless i do enjoy the show, it's one of the best anime airing this season.
Oct 16, 2013 1:19 AM

Mar 2010
Kurogashi said:
i think this episode alone made me drop this from a 7 to a 6.
seriously this mc is a fucking retard. oh lets be the nice guy and save the loli. oh wait, i just dived in front of her enraged monster to save some nobody and then the woman i neglected jumps in and sacrifice herself. but wait, that's not all. now ill change my mind and want to kill that loli cause it's all her fault! ok time to go and get dem powers to do so. yippee i got licked by my childhood friend and now i can see them funky lights. i shall seek my revenge!

seriously? will watch show for dat loli. mc can fuck himself and go get his other childhood friend killed too cause hes a fucking retard.

Um what? So Harutora is retard for saving someone and it's now magically his fault that his best friend showed up to protect him and died? That's like saying a guy is idiot for saying a baby from traffic accident and then it's mother suddenly hits by random car out of nowhere and it's fault.

WTF are even angry about here?

Wow! Best friend dead & hes running away cying in the rain after that hahahahaha! This is a action anime right not a comedy?

The only thing comedic here is how you understand even when it's as simple as it and your basic lack of any empathy. Listen "internet badass" he wasn't running home to go cry he went to Natsume so he stop this crazy chick and finally face his family's heritage. Most normal people wouldn't even done that and would of went on sulking more days or weeks.

Harutora manned up and took responsibility and at least grant her last wish.
Iron_MawOct 16, 2013 2:18 AM
Oct 16, 2013 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
That was actually a pretty damn good episode. I still don't know why some found the episode funny. And a few here are finding contradiction in Harutora's actions. I actually found his actions quite rational than most other MCs in anime. He was probably taking life a bit easy despite being related to spiritual phenomena or didn't really want to get involved due to his lack of spiritual powers. But after seeing Hokuto confessing to him in her final moments, passing away in his arms from an injury she took while trying to save him, and not even knowing that she had been a shikigami all along, there you have three big triggers to change his entire life. The way he stared back at Suzuka compared to when he was trying to sympathize her situation shows the impact it had on him surrounding the whole thing about Hokuto.

Anyways, this episode was great in my book and I will give it a 5/5. The flashback scene was nicely done and I really am interested to know how Hokuto came to be. Whether she was ever a human or always a shikigami and who actually created her. To see her giving her life away for Harutora, I cannot but think that she was actually his familiar.

The end scenes were interesting as well. Since Harutora now gave away his freedom and became Natsume's familiar.

Upped my rating for this anime to an 8/10. Cannot wait to see more of this anime already and I am glad that another seemingly good anime will be running for two seasons!
shanimebibOct 16, 2013 2:03 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 16, 2013 2:07 AM

Sep 2011

The only thing comedic here is how you understand even when it's as simple as it and your basic lack of any empathy. Listen "internet badass" he wasn't running home to go cry he went to Natsume so he stop this crazy chick and finally face his family's heritage. Most normal people wouldn't even done that and would of went on sulking more days or weeks.

Harutora manned up and took responsibility and at least grant her last wish.

Yeah, i know they try to set up a tragic for the hero to rise thing BUT the way its done kinda lame in my opinion(trust me i love cliche in shonen anime). I hope after this ep i can get to watch some cool action scenes.
Oct 16, 2013 2:32 AM

Nov 2007
cyborgneko999 said:

Yeah, i know they try to set up a tragic for the hero to rise thing BUT the way its done kinda lame in my opinion(trust me i love cliche in shonen anime). I hope after this ep i can get to watch some cool action scenes.

Actions scenes will have to wait until they go to Tokyo. The anime is named Tokyo Ravens for reasons I believe. lol.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 16, 2013 2:59 AM

Mar 2013
im not really feeling it.

the pacing is absolutely awful not a fan of a character dieing in episode 2 but if i was a betting man i think she will be back somehow.
Oct 16, 2013 3:34 AM

Mar 2010
If this pacing is supposed to be "awful", then most shows are even worse. There aren't many series that get this amount eventful development and foreshadowing 2 episodes in. Hell this prologue arc will be over by end of next episode. This probably the best pacing you can get for this sort of series without losing too much or moving too fast.
Oct 16, 2013 3:54 AM

Jul 2011
It was so obvious that she was going to die because you almost can't see her in the Opening.

The OPs of this season is full of spoilers...sigh
Oct 16, 2013 3:58 AM

Jul 2013
Jagd84 said:
If this pacing is supposed to be "awful", then most shows are even worse. There aren't many series that get this amount eventful development and foreshadowing 2 episodes in. Hell this prologue arc will be over by end of next episode. This probably the best pacing you can get for this sort of series without losing too much or moving too fast.

Don't bother, some people just like to complain. If it's slow they'd say it's "too slow", if it's too fast then it's "awful"
Oct 16, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2010
I laughed when Hokuto actually died LOL Man, this show feels so 'fake' and predictable, yet there are moments which are actually good. Can't decide if I want to watch it or not >.>
Oct 16, 2013 4:11 AM

Sep 2012
Sourire said:
2 cons so far:

- CG
- The sound during battles or when they mix dialogue with OST.. its terrible.

If not for ^ , great episode.
These! The CG makes those demon mecha look like VG characters while the rest is 2D. This is weird. Yuushibu has similar issues. Means I can't buy this.

And the sound, I was going to complain to Funimation that the sound levels are all over the place but perhaps it is a source issue?

Otherwise I'm enjoying the story and characters and I like the pacing. This much happening 2 episodes into a 24 episode run is great!
Oct 16, 2013 4:26 AM

Mar 2013
How needlessly dramatic. I didn't care about Hokuto before, because she was really irritating, and I sure as hell don't care about her now. This show's been really disappointing so far, but I'll watch a few more eps just to scope it out. Hopefully moving past dumb ship bullshit will improve it some.
Oct 16, 2013 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
chaos86 said:

Don't bother, some people just like to complain. If it's slow they'd say it's "too slow", if it's too fast then it's "awful"

yeah , this show pacing is great . Nearly 2 chapter /episode . They don't skip anything from the Source material

dws said:
I laughed when Hokuto actually died LOL Man, this show feels so 'fake' and predictable, yet there are moments which are actually good. Can't decide if I want to watch it or not >.>

Wait and watch more . Hokuto death have purpose , plot twist .
Oct 16, 2013 6:10 AM

Feb 2013
I don't understand half of the complaints thrown at this show. People are really quick to judge even though it's understandable as there are so many shows fighting for their attention this fall.

Two cours anime don't run through materials as fast as 1 cour does, you know.
Oct 16, 2013 7:22 AM

Jun 2013
Decent episode.

Hokuto dying moment was full of feels. I didn't ask for a bowl of feels either but it keeps on going on. "Hurrtora's" expression was priceless as well.

Anyway , this show is a two cours anime ofc it's slow paced. I've got a feeling that this might have the potential to be great and one of my favourite for the fall.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 16, 2013 8:26 AM

May 2010
Ah too bad Hokuto is gone but I was surprised that she was a familiar !!
Oct 16, 2013 8:35 AM
Oct 2013
Guys,

I'm dying to know the song that played during that flashback scene when harutora was chasing hokuto then laughing. I tired to input the lyrics on google and also using soundhound/shazam but to no avail :(

If anyone knows, please share.
Much appreciated.
Oct 16, 2013 8:36 AM
Jul 2012
Pretty good episode in my opinion. It was kind of cute when Natsume got pissed about Harutora calling Suzuka cute. Suzuka also seems to have a messed up childhood.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Oct 16, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
NOOOO
I was not ready for this. I wasn't expecting much of this show, but it surprised me.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Oct 16, 2013 10:09 AM

Aug 2012
I bet Hokuto is the white fox/cat girl in the middle of the display pic for the anime and that he will bring her back again.
Oct 16, 2013 10:40 AM

Nov 2012
They need more time for the story to evolve .
SasoriUzumakiOct 16, 2013 10:46 AM

Oct 16, 2013 11:21 AM

Jun 2011
Liph said:
I bet Hokuto is the white fox/cat girl in the middle of the display pic for the anime and that he will bring her back again.

Nope that is a different Shikigami
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 16, 2013 11:50 AM
Feb 2013
Wtf, Hokuto is a familar?

Humm, Natsume is Yakon? This is getting interesting.
Oct 16, 2013 12:14 PM

Aug 2010
Hokuto! Sad to see her go like that she was cute. I think it's pretty obvious that she is Natsume's familiar.
Oct 16, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2011
Indeed, "So pretty". That's one real good ED song they have. Damn is Hokuto gone for good? Sure hope not!

By the way, why are their shikigamis so robotic/mecha-like? -.-

I had to deduce 1 from my scoring because of that overloud BGM/sound effects, it's killing the mood, man.
ToG25thBaamOct 16, 2013 12:24 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 16, 2013 1:10 PM

Mar 2012
And I was just thinking that it's weird how in ep. 1 there are already three contenders for Harutora...Like others have noted, it seems like Hokuto is Natsume's familiar, so that leaves Harutora entirely in Natsume's hands. It's just that Harutora hasn't realized it, and his feelings for Hokuto might persist for awhile yet.

I rather like the atmosphere of this series, and story-wise I think it's going to shape up to be a great ride.
Oct 16, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
What the fuck just happened.
Aside from that, a pretty sad episode I must admit it. Best girl just died.

Also, what the bloody hell of ritual is that?
Oct 16, 2013 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
After this episode I'm confused by what exactly a shikigami and familiar are in this anime, and if they are one and the same. It feels like an integral part of the underlining story is being neglected for some reason. I suppose episode 3 will probably clear a lot of it up. *shrug*
Oct 16, 2013 3:57 PM

Mar 2008
Yackdack said:
After this episode I'm confused by what exactly a shikigami and familiar are in this anime, and if they are one and the same. It feels like an integral part of the underlining story is being neglected for some reason. I suppose episode 3 will probably clear a lot of it up. *shrug*

..and I thought I was the only one or I missed something ._.
Really needs to be explained cuz I'm dumb and can't figure it out myself *coughs*
Prob. fav of the season so far - I like unpredictable stuff!
Oct 16, 2013 3:59 PM

Mar 2010
Yackdack said:

Shikigami=Familiar in English.

That's just it.
Oct 16, 2013 4:08 PM
Jul 2013
It got interesting in the series. I was surprised with what happened and what was Hokuto. Bakatora finally belongs to the spiritual world.
Oct 16, 2013 4:22 PM

Nov 2012
When Natsume was scolding Harutora she reminded me of Sengoku.Because of HanaKana's voice,her semi-pissed off mood and her appearance.

Dat attack was unexpected,so that's why Suzuka kissed Harutora.

Suzuka wanted to steal Natsume's powers to resurrect her brother.

They made it so predictable that Hokuto was going to interfere and save Harutora.Thus die.Even though that scene was suppose to be sad,I actually found it kind of funny and was laughing at how cliche it was.

Flashback scenes of them running was sadder/cuter.

Hokuto was revealed to be Harutora's familiar.And Harutora became Natsume's familiar.

Still not use to the CG,depending on next episode I might drop this.
Oct 16, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
VanishingKira said:
Hokuto was revealed to be Harutora's familiar.And Harutora became Natsume's familiar.

Still not use to the CG,depending on next episode I might drop this.

Hokuto was not Harutora's familiar, Harutora is not even an Onmyoji yet and did not even know that Hokuto was a familiar.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 16, 2013 4:53 PM

Aug 2013
Mhmm well anime adaptation is looking good so far, this episode seemed to go a little bit slow paced but that might be because I already know what was gonna happen pretty much. Guess it will pick up once they hit Tokyo.

CG looked a little bit awkward at times since it's a bit out of place with rest of the animation if you ask me, but I'll probably get use to it as the show goes on. Next ep should be more interesting if I recall correctly ;o
Oct 16, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 2013
VanishingKira said:

They made it so predictable that Hokuto was going to interfere and save Harutora.Thus die.Even though that scene was suppose to be sad,I actually found it kind of funny and was laughing at how cliche it was.

Look like you miss understand some part
Oct 16, 2013 8:53 PM

Dec 2012
Yes Hakuto finally died now i dont need to watch her ugly tomboyish face around here,blonde girl is still around onnestly if the main character doesnt get any stronger and the blonde chick dies i will drop this it would become pointless.Anyway best scene was when hakuto died,i was laughing so happily when she died and the main character was like leLouch when he was shouting.

Oct 16, 2013 9:15 PM

Sep 2009
What the hell happened to people these days? I don't understand a human anymore. One person died, and they're happy. omg! Even though, this is only an anime.. saying those things really hurt.

Aww' I got the feeling before that she would die early. You know.. just like in Kakumeiki Valvrave. They were going to confess their feelings to each other but a problem came and it didn't continue. But I was really glad that Shouko didn't die in that series.

*sigh* Hokuto became my favorite. Now I lost my motivation.
Oct 16, 2013 10:01 PM

Jul 2012
silkie said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
na35899 said:
Hokuto T_T

is she coming back? she is a familar right can she be summon again? can somebody spoil me...

makes since and they do look similar and explains why hokoto loves him as i know natsume dose

Can you please correct your spoiler tags?

Mod Edit: Spoiler tags added by original poster to his message. Added the same tags to this message.
rodacOct 20, 2013 9:12 PM

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Oct 16, 2013 11:02 PM

Jun 2012
Pulled some Kakumeiki Valvrave stuff here, having the girl die in the second episode (although Shouko survives, we later learn).

Still, I think for the second episode, this was really well-done, and I'm really excited about seeing more from this series.

Great OSTs

5/5.
Yasu-kunOct 16, 2013 11:09 PM

Oct 16, 2013 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
Quite an astounding episode, although there are still sound issues that I'm having but I think that is just me.

Although Hakuto's death was quite surprising, Harutora now wants to be Natsume's familiar, kind of fast pace for this episode but still entertaining and emotional for it.

Kind of miss Hakuto now :( As for the CG, it is not bad imo. Oh well let's see what the next episode looks like.

Oct 17, 2013 12:26 AM
Jun 2013
Starting to get interesting with a good twist. CG still looks so out of place though...
Oct 17, 2013 2:15 AM

Aug 2013
Better than I thought, I guess.. was only annoyed by the CG.
Oct 17, 2013 3:15 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty good! I am ok with CG, it wasn't bad at all.

Now that's a interesting way to make contract! >///< that tongue.
Oct 17, 2013 3:52 AM

Jan 2009
-GiaN- said:
Yes Hakuto finally died now i dont need to watch her ugly tomboyish face around here,blonde girl is still around onnestly if the main character doesnt get any stronger and the blonde chick dies i will drop this it would become pointless.Anyway best scene was when hakuto died,i was laughing so happily when she died and the main character was like leLouch when he was shouting.

LMAO, at you seeing the future episodes. Your whining will become epic I'd expect.

And there's really a lot of big mouth people floating around in this thread that seems to enjoy spoiling shit. Good thing the admins are on the ball. Oh wait they're a joke, too.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.