Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2013
Have any of you actually seen female wrestling? It's actually more sexualised than this anime, where there's a hell of a lot of focus on being as sexy as possible. Even though the wrestling in this anime has visible male fans in it for the skimpy outfits, these girls are actually determined serious fighters. This is not as bad as it could've been by any mark, not that fanservice is even a bad thing in the first place. Why do people who hate fanservice watch an anime clearly tagged as ecchi, anyway?
Oct 14, 2013 4:04 AM

Feb 2013
I'm a pervert, therefore this anime will be at least 9/10 to me :D
Oct 14, 2013 4:48 AM

Sep 2013
I don't mind the fanservice, it's a bit excessive though. And I wish they would show more of Erena, I like her way better than Sakura.
Oct 14, 2013 5:22 AM

Jul 2011
I'm not watching this for the fanservice but I'm ok with it and the fanservice seems fairly soft compared to other series (including this season).
Oct 14, 2013 7:11 AM

Oct 2013
straggy said:
Have any of you actually seen female wrestling? It's actually more sexualised than this anime, where there's a hell of a lot of focus on being as sexy as possible. Even though the wrestling in this anime has visible male fans in it for the skimpy outfits, these girls are actually determined serious fighters. This is not as bad as it could've been by any mark, not that fanservice is even a bad thing in the first place. Why do people who hate fanservice watch an anime clearly tagged as ecchi, anyway?

Completely agree with you on this. Especially the last sentence. Hating an Ecchi for having fanservice... is the same as hating the Action genre for having violence.

It could just be there a lot of people who flat out hate the genre and dismiss any anime that is in that category.
Oct 14, 2013 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Basically because when I heard of this, all I knew is that it was female wrestling. For a moment, I thought we could have a serious show on it (I gave Japan too much credit).
And the wrestling I watch (or better, used to) is nothing like WWE.
Oct 14, 2013 12:24 PM
Jul 2013
Guess what it's Ecchi so stop nagging about the fanservice.

LOL@kids who can't stand fanservece.
Oct 14, 2013 1:18 PM
Jul 2012
Elit3Blaze said:
I'm a pervert, therefore this anime will be at least 9/10 to me :D

this. Don't find the fanservice shit because this is sexy as heck. and fap fap.

Well the score kinda changed to 7/10 because of the story, but wrestling oh gooooooodly and might be better than free if this show can keep up the awesomest.
Oct 20, 2013 4:14 AM

Mar 2012
straggy said:

This.

So long as the series gives me more entertainment than an actual WWE Divas match (which lets be honest, isn't asking a whole lot), I'll enjoy the anime for what it's worth.
Oct 20, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2011
I love fanservice! Yeah, im a pervert>.< threfore i like this anime a lot.
Oct 24, 2013 10:13 AM

Oct 2008
To be honest im not really into fanservice, and just started watching sports series recently.
All i could complain about is the constant moaning...
Oct 27, 2013 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
You guys are sound like idiots right now, this type of discussion is shit i would expect from 4chan not here. Why are you complaining about people who don't like what you like? If they don't like who cares? It is their choice and their taste in animes that determine whether they like or not.

Now about this Ecchi and fanservice kick you guys seem to be on there are plenty of Ecchi that make it past 8.00 which is pretty good considering the content of the anime. But you guys seem to want an excuse for why people don't like your anime. So you block it out of your mind and believe everyone hates this anime because of Ecchi and not because of it's a shit anime. And that's where you are wrong. I absolutely love the To-Love Ru series watched all of them. And some honorary mentions being Nisemonogatari, golden boy and Sora no Otoshimono. All of these are accepted and loved by the community even while being ecchi.

This anime on the other hand is a cheap way of trying to make money. Pretty much just non stop ecchi and completely weak story, that leaves the viewer with a weak boner and bored as hell. This anime Senrann kagura and other are just shit ecchi. I couldn't get past the First episode of Queens blade, but i can tell that anime does what it does (Fanserice) pretty damn well.

I mean you should just go and watch hentai than this anime, they have better ratings then this anyways XD
Oct 27, 2013 11:26 PM
Jul 2011
DarthVantos said:
This anime on the other hand is a cheap way of trying to make money. Pretty much just non stop ecchi and completely weak story, that leaves the viewer with a weak boner and bored as hell.

They can take all my damn cash, cuz Sekatsuyo has had me rock hard since the trailer! I'm sorry you cannot say the same.
Oct 28, 2013 12:55 AM

Jan 2009
dryuyuri said:
DarthVantos said:
This anime on the other hand is a cheap way of trying to make money. Pretty much just non stop ecchi and completely weak story, that leaves the viewer with a weak boner and bored as hell.

They can take all my damn cash, cuz Sekatsuyo has had me rock hard since the trailer! I'm sorry you cannot say the same.

Now im not going to say you are wrong because of what you like, it's you taste. But don't be surprised when the rest of us don't feel the same. And it really reminds me of http://myanimelist.net/anime/9434/Fighting_of_Ecstasy wresting hentai, so maybe you could use your boner on that than this.

=)
Oct 28, 2013 1:24 AM

Jul 2013
Because they're idiots... yay!!

There's no such thing as excessive fan service when it comes to shows like this. At least they're not trying to insult our intelligence the way Walkure Romanze does.
Oct 28, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
The fanservice in this show is horribly implemented, much like everything else about the show. The vast majority of the fanservice is basically the same exact crotch shot over and over and over and over again. The past couple of episodes it really feels like most of the show is just Sakura getting caught in a Boston Crab, and lo and behold, every time she's caught in one, the camera zooms in on her crotch in the exact same way as it did the time before. Remember, erotic artwork is still artwork. If it's lazy and horribly repetitive that generally makes it a lot harder to enjoy than something that has variety and some actual sexiness.
Oct 28, 2013 1:44 PM
Jul 2011
AsherFischell said:
The past couple of episodes it really feels like most of the show is just Sakura getting caught in a Boston Crab, and lo and behold, every time she's caught in one, the camera zooms in on her crotch in the exact same way as it did the time before.

I'd be perfectly ok with 8 more episodes of this, I just can't get enough
Oct 28, 2013 1:55 PM

Nov 2010
Because it's bad fanservice. Devoid of any variety, I don't think it's sexy to hear a girl moan in pain for 24 minutes. If I wanted that I'd watch some rape hentai, being an ecchi anime I atleast wanted an enoyable story, some comedy, etc.

AsherFischell said:
Snip
Fully agree.

jiraiya_sensei said:
Because they're idiots... yay!!

There's no such thing as excessive fan service when it comes to shows like this. At least they're not trying to insult our intelligence the way Walkure Romanze does.
Yes there is such a thing as excessive fanservice. Fanservice by definition is something added to please fans, therefore it's unneeded, extra, etc. If there's not enough or too much all depends on the person who's viewing it's opinion.
Oct 29, 2013 7:18 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
For those of you who are disappointed that the wrestling wasn't implemented well, at least Sekai's wrestling is way better than on TNA. :3
Oct 30, 2013 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
Wrestling has fanservice. That should of know been a know fact from the get-go. And I am not referring to crotch, boob shots but skimpy outfits that are quite revealing on women. Especially on men the majority of times in real life.

The take on ecchi shots shouldn't be surprising but if that's the main focus of people who are easily turned off by it so be it. But comparing it to another show is down-right-fierce moronic. Especially on the extent of ecchiness.
----------------------
DarthVantos said:
You guys are sound like idiots right now, this type of discussion is shit i would expect from 4chan not here. Why are you complaining about people who don't like what you like? If they don't like who cares? It is their choice and their taste in animes that determine whether they like or not.
Appears to be valid opinion minus the obvious exalting of him/herself that is until...
DarthVantos said:
Now about this Ecchi and fanservice kick you guys seem to be on there are plenty of Ecchi that make it past 8.00 which is pretty good considering the content of the anime.
Now you join in on the idiots type of discussion? Thanks for coming down from your pedestal and gracing the ecchipenuers with your presence.

DarthVantos said:
But you guys seem to want an excuse for why people don't like your anime. So you block it out of your mind and believe everyone hates this anime because of Ecchi and not because of it's a shit anime. And that's where you are wrong. I absolutely love the To-Love Ru series watched all of them. And some honorary mentions being Nisemonogatari, golden boy and Sora no Otoshimono. All of these are accepted and loved by the community even while being ecchi.
Perhaps it's because some people find it more enjoyable to watch a series they like and reading about others thoughts on it and understand it? I know it's a new concept to accept but it's true! And Instead of being the self-appointed voice for the borg, how about you write your own opinion instead? Since it's obvious that's what you're doing and using others as proxies is quite shameful. I haven't a clue who you are even talking to but you're so exalted in yourself it's difficult to pinpoint.

reads this again...
DarthVantos said:
So you block it out of your mind and believe everyone hates this anime because of Ecchi and not because of it's a shit anime.
Wow you exalted yourself so high you became god! It's been decreed this anime is shit so therefore it is!

Anyways, I think you overlooked the fact that ecchi isn't one entire genre section for each of those shows to cater to an audience. It's got comedy as well and whatever genre attached. It's idiotic to separate it to a lone genre when this is not so for this show. It is an action, sports, ecchi show. Though why you'd place Nisemonogatari there is baffling to me.

DarthVantos said:
This anime on the other hand is a cheap way of trying to make money. Pretty much just non stop ecchi and completely weak story, that leaves the viewer with a weak boner and bored as hell. This anime Senrann kagura and other are just shit ecchi. I couldn't get past the First episode of Queens blade, but i can tell that anime does what it does (Fanserice) pretty damn well.
What a cherry picker! If you are going down that path then by that logic why was your previous comment to TLRD, golden boy, and Sora no Otoshimono ignored? Not consistent dude. That is if you are specifically not pleased by the "variety" as one poster (see below quote) of ecchi shots? Maybe that's it. Or perhaps you blocked it out of your mind that this show is not only an ecchi show? Hmm.
DarthVantos said:
I mean you should just go and watch hentai than this anime, they have better ratings then this anyways XD
That makes sense. *rolls eyes*
----------------------
IntroverTurtle said:
Because it's bad fanservice. Devoid of any variety, I don't think it's sexy to hear a girl moan in pain for 24 minutes. If I wanted that I'd watch some rape hentai, being an ecchi anime I atleast wanted an enoyable story, some comedy, etc.
Do you know what a moaning women sounds like? I don't believe you do by that comment. What kind of variety are you looking for in a wrestling action and ecchi content? Maybe it was different ecchi shots or something? I don't know. Seems you had an expectation of something and it let you down.
radleOct 30, 2013 1:48 PM
Nov 1, 2013 1:47 AM

Jan 2009
@radle

Well, that was an interesting read. But thank you for calling me god, "this anime is shit so therefore it is!".
Really made me laugh out loud. I like you naratted my comment like some slap stick japanese comedy comedy, retorting to everything i said. But i am quiet lost, at what your reasoning behind this was? There never was a line where you made a statement about what you like or what you are defending. I feel as though you are trying to make it seem like everything i said was wrong when it was my opinion.

Tell what is your point? What are you trying to prove?
Nov 1, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2013
There is nothing wrong with fan-service anime. It's just that the fanservice in this anime sucks as the vast majority of the fan-service consists of crotch shots and Sakura moaning in pain in submisssion holds. It is very repetitive and boring.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Nov 1, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2009
Conan_Kudo said:
There is nothing wrong with fan-service anime. It's just that the fanservice in this anime sucks as the vast majority of the fan-service consists of crotch shots and Sakura moaning in pain in submisssion holds. It is very repetitive and boring.

It's a WRESTLING anime so what do you expect what kinds of sounds for Sakura to make while in a submission hold? Laughs and giggles? And it's not just crotch shots, but also breast shots and some butt shots.

Only fans of wrestling, such as myself, would appreciate this kind of service perfectly.
Nov 1, 2013 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
It has always baffled and irritated me seeing the constant complaints about fan service especially in anime labeled Ecchi,harem etc i just wanna know why people that complain about fan service in those genre of anime continue to watch those genre of anime.... just doesn't make sense to me. i'm speaking of the genre's as a whole and not particularly this anime
Nov 15, 2013 10:33 AM

Oct 2008
Hey, it's the second time i regret starting an anime. :D
Is a damn good ratio after a thousand.
Mar 18, 2014 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
I never understand why people complain about fan service. They claim it's "excessive" and "replaces a good plot", but I've never thought that myself. I can see the plot even if there is "fan service".

Are all anime watchers a bunch of prudes like seriously I thought there's mostly male users on MAL? I can understand females not liking ecchi and stuff...

Oh and what kind of idiot watches a show with genre ECCHI and complains about fan service? That's like watching romance anime and complaining about kissing scenes o.o
Mar 20, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
It was interesting, but then it became Decent. (For me)
Mar 23, 2014 4:06 PM

Sep 2010
We could just choose not to watch this anime, right?
Mar 23, 2014 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
The fanservice isn't the problem on this show. There's stronger reasons to hate this piece of crap.

Apr 10, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2010
Who cares about the fanservice. I'm just glad that the ending was what I expected to happen. What you should be more worried that people would look at you and get the wrong idea. I mean all that moaning and people look at you and you say "girl's wrestling", and they're like "suure you are". Now that would be funny prank to do.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2013

151 by horouboi »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» One of the worst anime ive ever tried to watch.

TheDeadWalk - May 14, 2023

4 by HEBI_TAN »»
Jan 19, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2013

96 by TheDeadWalk »»
May 14, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2013

100 by FedeMetal »»
Aug 17, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

68 by FedeMetal »»
Aug 16, 2022 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.