Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Strike Witches' to Get New TV Series and OVA

New
Oct 13, 2013 6:41 AM

Sep 2012
According to an announcement on the official website of Strike Witches, a new OVA and TV series will be released. The OVA has been tentatively titled "Operation Victory Arrow (O.V.A.)." Information provided on the website hints at something named "Tactics of Vanadis Attack" in regard to the new TV series, but schedule, staff, and cast details have not yet been revealed.

The Strike Witches franchise consists of anime, manga, novels, essays, and art books. On the anime side, there was the first season made by Gonzo (aired in 2008), a second season made by AIC Spirits (aired in 2010), and a movie (also by AIC) which premiered in 2012.

Official anime website: http://s-witch.cute.or.jp/

Source: Official Strike Witches website

Story by ZorroGuevara

Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow on MAL
NaruleachApr 13, 2014 11:27 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 13, 2013 6:43 AM

May 2011
So it's not joke then? Well this should be fun wait.
Oct 13, 2013 6:44 AM

Sep 2012
SilentTruth said:
You mean you have heard the news somewhere already and thought it was a joke?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2013 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
It's not a joke. It's even on the official site...
The series is getting a third season and ova. I'm excited about it.
Oct 13, 2013 6:45 AM

Aug 2011
More awesome PLOT. Will watch.
Oct 13, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:
SilentTruth said:

Probably, I posted a link about it The Strike Witches Fanclub 2 hours ago... I wasn't sure if it was true or not tho
Oct 13, 2013 6:47 AM

Feb 2012
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!

Sep 2012
mitch3315 said:
More awesome PLOT.
Yes, the plot is pretty good unless you are narrow-minded about what the word plot means.

Jul 2008

I thought the second season didn't sell enough for them to actually make a third season. Why are they that much obsessed with their flying mahoutsukai nekomimi loli in pantsu with guns?
Oct 13, 2013 6:48 AM

Jul 2012
sweeeeet! this news was good enough to cure my hangover :) can't wait for more details to be released
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"

Sep 2012
Shangetsu said:
I thought the second season didn't sell enough for them to actually make a third season. Why are they that much obsessed with their flying mahoutsukai nekomimi loli in pantsu with guns?
If it did not sell enough, then why would they make a movie after the 2nd season ?? As for why they are that "obsessed", perhaps because they are.... successful and popular?

Nov 2011
Going by the name of the 3rd season, it sounds like it'll take place in Scandinavia.

So chances are it'll be about another JFW than the 501st(the 507th or 502nd maybe?). Unless they came up with that name for shits and giggles.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 13, 2013 6:49 AM

Jun 2012
wot
Oct 13, 2013 6:50 AM

Jan 2008
... I really don't want to live anymore.

WHY MUST THEY RELEASE ANOTHER SEASON?! NOT ENOUGH MONEY WAS MADE?!
Oct 13, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
Liph said:
Probably, I posted a link about it The Strike Witches Fanclub 2 hours ago... I wasn't sure if it was true or not tho
Wonder where does the link you posted point to? A forum or some news site?

GREW said:

I would surely pay for another season after buying the BD of the first season and the second season ;-)

Oct 13, 2013 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
symbv said:

GREW said:

I would surely pay for another season after buying the BD of the first season and the second season ;-)

And in my eyes you are not even human anymore.
Oct 13, 2013 6:54 AM

Aug 2012
It been so long since the last season i thought it would never happen.
Oct 13, 2013 6:57 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
SilentTruth said:

Well, with internet booming like nuts, any kind news can be either true or just joke. If it is from the official, high chance that the news is trustful. That's all I can think.
Oct 13, 2013 6:58 AM

Apr 2012
I've only seen the first season so far, but I'm defintiely happy for this to be getting a continuation.

Contrary to popular belief, I indeed am watching this for the yuri undertones plot.

Oct 13, 2013 6:59 AM

Sep 2012
SilentTruth said:
Well, with internet booming like nuts, any kind news can be either true or just joke. If it is from the official, high chance that the news is trustful. That's all I can think.
I do not doubt the authenticity of the news I reported here but I am curious as whether you already heard the news/rumor somewhere and if so where.

Oct 13, 2013 6:59 AM

Oct 2011
GREW said:

"Not enough money was made" o.O you are serious?
Luckilly people who run this business have different mindset (like earning money on things that are popular) so third season will be made.

And I'm actually happy for this - unless they will keep with historical references along the road.
Oct 13, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
GREW said:
And in my eyes you are not even human anymore.
Yeah, I am a Strike Wizard lol. But anyway you said you do not want to live anymore, do you? I can see why you are so depressed about this world because there are so many non-humans in this world and they all love this anime !!
symbvOct 13, 2013 7:08 AM

Oct 13, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2007
Oh yeah finally! It was expected though based on the disc sales and the ending of the movie, but it was only a question of when lol.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 13, 2013 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
Already knew it would gonna have a third season. I'm excited to see Lynette once again!
Oct 13, 2013 7:03 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
SilentTruth said:
I do not doubt the authenticity of the news I reported here but I am curious as whether you already heard the news/rumor somewhere and if so where.

Yeah, I heard the news not too long before your announcement, so just to make sure if it was true or not. Consider I have Twitter account, I do check on their account (although not following them).
Oct 13, 2013 7:03 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:
Liph said:
Wonder where does the link you posted point to? A forum or some news site?

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19261.html

Forum I guess? Dunno saw a post on reddit about it and just put a neutral notice in the SW Fanclub here on MAL that we might have a 3 season confirmed. I clearly stated that I wasn't sure about it's trustworthiness.
Oct 13, 2013 7:07 AM

Nov 2010
Hm... Welp I guess I'll be waiting then. I'm not exactly a die hard fan of the franchise but it's still entertaining so I'm in for sure.

I wonder if similarly to its previous seasons it'll come out in the Summer.
Oct 13, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2012
Liph said:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19261.html
Forum I guess? Dunno saw a post on reddit about it and just put a neutral notice in the SW Fanclub here on MAL that we might have a 3 season confirmed. I clearly stated that I wasn't sure about it's trustworthiness.
You were being cautious ;-) which I guess is understandable if you do not speak the language. Yaraon usually reports legitimate news for the big things (like this one) though on smaller stuff sometimes it fell victim to tabloid reporting style. Its news sources sometimes do come from forums like 2ch but in this case it got it from the official Strike Witches website, which is also where I sourced the news from.
symbvOct 13, 2013 7:11 AM

Oct 13, 2013 7:10 AM

Oct 2007
Yesssssssssss
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2013 7:12 AM

Sep 2009
And that's a good news. They ended movie with hint for Karlsland liberation campaign so we'll probably would get it. And yes I'll watch it because of interesting charas and action. I don't care about the fanservise
Oct 13, 2013 7:13 AM

Jan 2008
Dalek-baka said:
GREW said:

"Not enough money was made" o.O you are serious?
Luckilly people who run this business have different mindset (like earning money on things that are popular) so third season will be made.

And I'm actually happy for this - unless they will keep with historical references along the road.

In my eyes, there are far better fan service Anime that should have another season. But sadly they won't because they don't contain lolis, pantsu shot or have somewhat story to tell beside fighting an black enemy and be lesbians the other days.

That show like Strike Witches get another season is making me angry because instead using something it was good, they choose where they can make the most profit.

Now I maybe can blame the people who like Strike Witches and even support this series. But well... if they like such stuff. I for myself did only watched the first season and that was okay. I dropped the second season even before the OP because it started being so silly that I did not want to see more of this.
Oct 13, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
And that's a good news. They ended movie with hint for Karlsland liberation campaign so we'll probably would get it. And yes I'll watch it because of interesting charas and action. I don't care about the fanservise

I think that is what the OVA will be about(we don't know how long the OVA will be yet)

The name of the 3rd season(Tactics of the Vanadis Attack) seems to suggest that it will take place in Scandinavia.
Vanadis = Freyja = Norse god of love, beauty, fertility, gold, Seiðr(A type of sorcery), war and death.

Oct 13, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
GREW said:
In my eyes, there are far better fan service Anime that should have another season. But sadly they won't because they don't contain lolis, pantsu shot or have somewhat story to tell beside fighting an black enemy and be lesbians the other days.
Funny thing is the thought about lolis and panty shots do not cross my mind much when I watch the anime... The characters do not really look or act like lolis and the "pantsu" l(officially they are not pantsu) ooks more like hot pants...
GREW said:
That show like Strike Witches get another season is making me angry because instead using something it was good, they choose where they can make the most profit.
It should be "they used it for something good, because it is making fans happy while also making good profit".
GREW said:
I dropped the second season even before the OP because it started being so silly that I did not want to see more of this.
I count the silly parts as also entertaining parts too.
symbvOct 13, 2013 7:22 AM

Oct 13, 2013 7:22 AM

Aug 2010
HELL YEAH!

Been waiting for this ever since the end of the movie. There can never be enough pantsu...I mean Strike Witches! News of the week.
Oct 13, 2013 7:24 AM

Sep 2009
rederoin said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

I think that is what the OVA will be about(we don't know how long the OVA will be yet)

The name of the 3rd season(Tactics of the Vanadis Attack) seems to suggest that it will take place in Scandinavia.
Vanadis = Freyja = Norse god of love, beauty, fertility, gold, Seiðr(A type of sorcery), war and death.

I know what is Vanadis. But really. The name itself don't mean anything in terms of new season location.
Oct 13, 2013 7:25 AM

Jan 2008
symbv said:
Funny thing is the thought about lolis and panty shots do not cross my mind much when I watch the anime... The characters do not really act like lolis and the pantsu looks more like hot pants...

Think them as you want. The are loli. Better said they are not woman at least. Rather teenager/kids if you want to go the way and not use the term loli.

symbv said:

It should be "they used it for something good, because it is making fans happy while also making good profit".

Like I said, they paid for the wrong stuff.

symbv said:

Sure if its nice. But being silly as the concept.
Oct 13, 2013 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
rederoin said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

I know what is Vanadis. But really. The name itself don't mean anything in terms of new season location.

Thats why I said "Suggest" or implied.

Its not confirmed, but the name does seem to imply it will take place in the Nordic regions(In other words, Scandinavia).
Maybe it'll be about another JFW than the 501th.

Oct 13, 2013 7:31 AM

Feb 2009
FUCK YES.
Oct 13, 2013 7:31 AM

Nov 2008
There were hints at season 3 for years, not surprised it will happen though.

Will watch.

Btw the Strike Witches girls are all teenagers or grown.

Oct 13, 2013 7:32 AM

Oct 2011
GREW said:
symbv said:

Like who paid? Fans or producers?
I think that fans knew exactly what they wanted to buy and if producers have problems in using their money they wouldn't be in the industry for a long time.

But people did, producers noticed and will try to sell more of it.
If you want some other series to get more season there is one thing to do buy their DVDs/BD, soundtrack or whatever they offer. Simple.
Oct 13, 2013 7:34 AM

Sep 2012
GREW said:
Think them as you want. The are loli. Better said they are not woman at least. Rather teenager/kids if you want to go the way and not use the term loli.
Well, the point you originally made is not whether they are loli or not, but that they sold more than some other fan service anime because of the lolis (and pantsu shots and nekomimi). So my post is not to debate whether they are loli or not, but how much of its success is due to the loli factor.

GREW said:

You forgot to add "for me" after "the wrong stuff", but then I wonder how much you ever paid into the anime industry.

GREW said:
symbv said:
Being silly does not mean it cannot be entertaining.

Oct 13, 2013 7:38 AM

Jan 2008
Dalek-baka said:

If you want some other series to get more season there is one thing to do buy their DVDs/BD, soundtrack or whatever they offer. Simple.

Yeah, if I would be filthy rich I could support a series when I'm the only one or only a few of those fans.
Oct 13, 2013 7:40 AM
Jun 2012
Heard on CrunchyRoll a while ago, so excited for it, can't wait to get more SanyaEila!!! Of course, looking forward to the plot a lot as well. Looking forward to hearing the release date!
Oct 13, 2013 7:44 AM

Feb 2013
Best News~ *w*
Hopefully they are going to animate the recovery of Karlsland.
-Bakemono-Oct 13, 2013 8:09 AM

Oct 13, 2013 7:45 AM
Apr 2012
mitch3315 said:
More awesome PLOT. Will watch.

Just like mitch3315 I have the same expectations for 3d season.

Oct 13, 2013 7:46 AM

Jul 2011
awesome news is awesome
Oct 13, 2013 7:48 AM

Sep 2010
Each time I read commentary about news Season, I saw "money". I think it's a really good thing that studio can do sequel, without being obsessed about money!
Of course it's important, but give some pleasure to fan are also very important.
That's my opinion though.

Anyway, we don't have too much information but some thinks we can have other JFW instead of 501th.
Some pictures then if you don't know other JFW:
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/5753021381506284874.jpg
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/1134781381670461785.jpg
Oct 13, 2013 7:49 AM

Feb 2011
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

WHAT NEXT ? VIVIDRED OPERATION ?!
Oct 13, 2013 7:49 AM

Jan 2008
symbv said:

GREW said:

You forgot to add "for me" after "the wrong stuff", but then I wonder how much you ever paid into the anime industry.

GREW said:
symbv said:
Being silly does not mean it cannot be entertaining.

If Japan would release their Anime BDs with Eng subs, I would buy them direct from Japan. But since Japan, for stupid reason howsoever, don't release to 90% of the Anime without any subs, I won't buy it from Japan. I can not understand any Japanese... I think it would be pretty much a waste of money to buy them. "Great, I have now very expensive set of BDs but I do understand nothing." Nice.

So therefor I buy Anime mostly from US and only a few times from German puplisher.

I don't want to debate, but I think the more naked loli you have in an Anime, it certainly can boost your Anime.
Oct 13, 2013 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
kinda expected this...

but don't mind a third season of this loli anime
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 4 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
1 hour ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
2 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.