Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2013 8:52 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So do the new Chosen Children know nothing of the previous battles in th Digimon world? Because, yes, Daisuke it is possible to go to the Digital World without going through a gate. The origin children spent like 6 months their, all by themselves having to fend for themselves an fight ridiculous battles. So, yeah, you new guys have it pretty easy, just going in whenever you like.

Also, I like what seems to be foreshadowing here. It was a nice Hikari centric episode.
Apr 11, 2014 7:27 AM
Mar 2013
I love this episode, it was one of my favorites right alongside episode 21 of the first season. For some reason they both give off a similar feel.

Apparently Kari's crest/power of light has some role to play in this new dark world. I wonder if there'll be crest of darkness or something.
Apr 12, 2014 3:37 AM

Oct 2010
Best episode yet.
Sep 2, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2015
It was nice to see Angewomon back again :)
I really enjoyed this episode!
Jun 21, 2016 3:06 AM

Feb 2013
Angewomon awesome as always.
Those digimons wanted to marry Hikari,lol, it would make a good hentai doujin.
Feb 8, 2017 4:57 PM

Dec 2010
spyrocoot said:
Best episode yet.

Easily. The creepy atmosphere and visuals in the shades of grey. One of the most atmospheric epsiodes(on par with 21ep adventure).

Easily the best character centric episode from this season. They should do more episodes like this, with plot focusing on ONE kid.

Angewomon is back. Yay, awesome. Much, much better than Nefertimon.

They wanted to make Kari their queen and a wife for a Lovercraftian monster? Great and wicked.

A Digimon conquering darkness and a girl conquering light. Unstoppable pair to bo honest.
Apr 28, 2018 7:58 AM

Apr 2017
One of the best episodes by far
I wonder if this side story will be picked later (spoilers: in tri)
Also, this:

--------
Nov 6, 2019 4:51 PM

May 2008
Ahh, Konaka's infamous episode that eventually led him to creating Tamers.

It's interesting. Buuuut, it's out of place? Takeru's anger has no basis since this is really the first time we hear about Hikari always needing her onii-chan; in Adventure, iirc, it was either more subtle or she was strong and tried to NOT be dependent on him (hence Taichi's guilt). The crest of Light working somehow (shouldn't it be guarding the DW and why should the Dark Towers, if it was that, be able to block it?). The Digital Gate not working, how convenient. Miyako and Iori disappear and never seem to look for Hikari - I guess they just went home.

I like the ideas but eh, the execution and the handwaving to execute them weren't that good.

One of issues in Adventure was the idea that Hikari was super special for some unknown reason. This just highlights that more and I don't think it works in her favor.
Feb 2, 2020 5:04 AM

Mar 2017
Sure, it's deeper and way more atmospheric than the other episodes so far, but this episode seems wildly out of place. It just doesn't fit in with the story so far and is relatively jarring in comparison.

It's cool and all, and you can definitely tell Konaka's handiwork was behind it, but it ultimately just feels like a filler episode that tried to deviate the story from its original path. I don't think one episode is enough to make this side story feel justified.
Jul 20, 2022 3:50 PM
May 2012
Very strange episode and wonder what that monster was at the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 50 Discussion

FarAwayTimes - Nov 12, 2010

30 by ReeeDr »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

11 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 25, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 17 Discussion

Chouninatte - Mar 27, 2014

7 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 8 Discussion

dolphin456 - Apr 5, 2012

9 by PureStone »»
Aug 5, 2023 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.