Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 1, 2016 7:49 PM

Nov 2013
Nadeko's insanity is already at THAT level, my favorite level.
Great episode, I love animation, it looks so good especially those flashes, and on 7 inch tablet screen it looks even better than on good 23 IPS monitor, little small resolution magic.

Also as usual my favorite Karen daze, Tsukihi dayo part, this time even more awesome, if you like wincest then don't skip it :3
Beware Koyomi, Tsukihi has something on her mind ;)
tsundereharasserJan 1, 2016 8:05 PM
Feb 29, 2016 10:51 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode everything was explained very well in that conversation between Sengoku and Kuchinawa. One of the many reasons why i'm enjoying this series so much.

Part of me still feels bad for Sengoku and hopes she gets a happy ending but part of me doesn't i'm pretty conflicted right now.
Mar 5, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2015
Wow... That was a crazy way to end an arc. I didn't expect this at all. This sort of stuff is exactly why I watch Monogatari. I can't believe she's actually pretty much a powerful villain now. I loved her as a character before and now I like her even more. I hope she ends up like Hanekawa did in previous episodes. An aberration that knows what she is and that tries to use it. Yandere Nadeko is fun but I just want her to be helped, somehow.

I find it amusing how I kind of grew to hate Shinobu from her interactions with Nadeko. I was one of the few people happy to see Nadeko stabbing the crap out of her.
Mar 28, 2016 12:31 AM

Jun 2010
Was expecting some kind of redemption but nope, props to Senjougahara for manipulating her although it didn't seem like Nadeko required much convincing either way.

So unless I am misunderstanding, from the get go it was all Nadeko (help from Ogiue) who was jealous of a Araragi having a girlfriend, wanted to pray her away, resorted to bringing back a vanished god, was delusional during the whole ordeal? Or did Nadeko essentially create Kuchinawa herself as a coping mechanism ala Black Hanekawa. But once Nadeko finally comes to grips but a total psycho wanting to kill everyone so that none of them are happy?, that preview looks like an all out battle. Kinda frightening Ogiue planned everything and had all that knowledge, a character we know nothing about.

Edit: A little surprised Shinobu didn't put more of a fight, wonder if teenage Shinobu would take out snake god Nadeko?
SkyFadeMar 28, 2016 12:39 AM
Apr 2, 2016 5:49 AM

May 2015
I hate Nadeko. She just whines so much. It is sort of genius how it was all just an illusion and she fabricated the entire story. Probably my least favorite arc thus far. I'm interested to see how the final fight scene will go. Also suspicious that Ougi seemed to have led Nadeko down this path? Also when will miss Senjyohagara be back in the epsiodes? I just miss her so.
May 3, 2016 3:29 AM

Jul 2008
Holy shit Nadeko went insane...Araragi got his ass handed to him...no idea how they get out of this one.
May 22, 2016 4:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This episode ends a saga. Admittedly that is able to surprise and Otori-- get it, especially with that end, without end, and with these dialogues full of meanings. So far the best of this season.

---
Con este episodio se acaba una saga. Hay que reconocer que es capaz de sorprender y Otori-- lo consigue, sobre todo con ese final, sin final, con esos diálogos llenos de significados. De momento lo mejor de esta temporada.
Aug 12, 2016 1:47 PM

Apr 2014
LOVE ME! (STABBED)
LOVE ME! (STABBED)
LOVE ME! (STABBED)
LOVE ME! (STABBED)
LOVE ME! (STABBED) LOL.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Aug 28, 2016 12:27 AM

Aug 2013
Nadeko-chan in seducing mode is much cuter than this yandere mode.. too scary. xD
That wraps up the entire story she fabricated herself.. but they totally left us hanging with what came out of it welp.
Well that's a whole lot of envy and jealously this season LOL.
Sep 22, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2013
That was... a weird ending to this arc. Don't really like how they did this and she just gave them 6 months like that? I have to say Nadeko really looks like a psychopath this time O_O
Nov 15, 2016 10:16 PM

Sep 2015
I hope they don't die, let's hope the "girlfriend" solves everything and no one dies.
Nov 22, 2016 7:44 PM

Nov 2013
Yandere Nadeko was amazing. Great episode.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 14, 2017 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
Awesome arc, this franchise keeps getting better and better.

It was fascinating to see how Sengokus character developed during the past episodes till she became insane. Jealousy and desire are truly terrifying.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2017 6:06 PM
May 2012
okay
what the hell -.-
Jul 8, 2017 11:15 PM
Jul 2017
everyone hate nadeko because she stab shinobu over and over , lol , its ok , i hope i the only one who will love nadeko in the end
I am just a boring Person , i like Psycho girl and Kuudere girl

Its between Tobiichi Origami or Sengoku Nadeko ;-;
Aug 28, 2017 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
This was my least liked arc, but this last episode was good!
And now I'm really hyped to know how the heck will this unfold! Is this really gonna be the final arc, chronologically speaking? Wow, never expected Nadeko to get to this point!

And I wanna see Shinobu a bit grown up! I can't wait!
Sep 5, 2017 9:36 PM

May 2014
So Nadeko was that crazy that her delusions figuratively pounced on the remains of a long-gone God, therefore creating a new one- herself?

Well color me oddly impressed. And the way she had meticulously planned everything, then selectively forgot about it- she's nothing short of fascinating imo.
It makes sense that Kuchinawa was actually her...that'd be why her speech was a carbon copy of "his" during her little outburst.
it's just hilarious that she's been talking to an actual scrunchie for the entire arc

So this means Ougi is an antagonist, right?
I mean, she's the one who fed Nadeko that information, likely knowing what the outcome would be. I wanna know why though.
Maybe she's helping Kaiki or something?

Also loved that little satiric trailer at the end. It really is the height of delusion.
I wonder what's gonna happen in the end though- this is technically the first time Araragi's been unable to save someone, and I think that's in part due to his inability to free himself of his own delusions about his own desires and the people around him.

Second season has been great so far! I think Neko Shiro is still my favorite arc, followed by Nadeko's. Jiangshi was good, but not something I think I'll really appreciate until after I watch Kizumonogatari.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2017 1:02 AM
Jul 2015
Nadeko to koyomi:Why didn't you save me?
That's because you already eat that talisman idiot. Holy shit.
Oct 7, 2017 11:14 PM

Jun 2016
Ohmygod. Somebody fucking kill Nadeko already. This episode gave me enough reason to hate her. That bitch is beyond saving. Oh, I can't wait to see you die.

And how fucking dare you stab Shinobu so many fucking times? Ugh. And Araragi, too. Ugh. This episode made me want to kill her myself with the help of Justice League. Lmfao.
The time skip while she's talking with Oshino makes sense now. Heck, she experienced a lot of blackouts. And her "end" was triggered when she saw Araragi walking with Hitagi which I think happens around Bake or Nise. Can barely remember.

Senjougahara knows everything, maaan. Shit. She asked Nadeko to wait for 6 months until Graduation yeah to kill them three and somehow in the preview, shit's about to go down, and kyaaa grown-up Shinobu again. Yaaaay!

Kanbaru, Araragi, Hitagi, Shinobu vs The Most Fucking Annoying Character Out Of Monogatari Series. This is gonna be goooood.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 27, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2018
This was painfully preventable.
Being critical doesn't mean you have good taste.
Apr 24, 2018 10:11 PM

Dec 2016
Ummmm.... As one who believes Sengoku is best girl, recent events in the show have caused me to rethink everything I know, in both anime and in life. Sooooooo brb, gonna go to my nearest shrine and pray or something idrk

(y they gotta make Sengoku fukin crazy tho!?!?!?!?!?)
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 16, 2018 8:38 AM

Sep 2014
wow this show is really something else. Did she really kill all of them? Lmao!

Still, taking Shinobu out of consideration, Nadeko is best girl. Loli yandere is always best girl.

I actually dont understand all the hate for her, but who cares. People have shit taste and odd reasoning anyway.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 11, 2019 11:37 PM

Jul 2012
That was a great twist. She was scheming for a way to revive the snake all this time, and tricked herself into thinking she was atoning for killing all those snakes before.

But even after knowing all this, I still feel sorry for her. I know she has bad qualities like always turning away from reality no matter what and wishing for Koyomi to love her instead, but she's only 14 and you can find these qualities in a ton of everyday people. It's just that the mistakes that Nadeko made had far worse consequences than for anyone else.

I wonder why Ougi told her all those things about how to revive the aberration, and if Koyomi finding Nadeko in his room wasn't coincidence, how much did he know and why didn't he interfere sooner? I guess we'll find out eventually.

With this being the first arc to not have a resolution, I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the arcs tie in together.
Feb 19, 2019 8:14 AM

Jun 2017
Goddamn, that Nadeko was just full on Yandere because of her "love" for Koyomi. Shinobu was a little harsh to her earlier but I don't think, no really, that Shinobu deserved that kind of punishment, getting stabbed repeatedly by that girl who went full retard, damn. I really thought that things would get solved and turned out fine in the end, but no, this is the end of the line for this arc, or at least until that "Final Battle" happens.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Apr 29, 2019 8:32 AM
Apr 2016
Oh hell, Sengoku straight up became a "God," she's rather strong now... Good episode.
May 5, 2019 5:00 AM

Mar 2019
That preview at the end has me hyped for more! What a show this is!
May 18, 2019 3:48 AM

Dec 2018
So Nadeko's cornered and the first thing she'd try was eating the talisman. And conveniently it protects herself and she became a god-like being. What distrubs me is how her brain thinks that eating the talisman will somehow protect herself. Unless she's already being told by someone to do it or learn it from something. But still this just came out of the blue.

Ougi seems to being an enigmatic person. Her motives still can't be guessed. And 'niece pretender'? She's a con then. Like Kaiki. My guess is her motive is wanna see something fun. Shinobu sure knows a lot of things.

And by the way I think the one who told Araragi to come home is Shinbou.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 12, 2019 8:57 PM

Sep 2017
I finally freed myself from the clutches of Minecraft long enough to watch some anime. I'm really bad at this whole "finishing what I started" thing.

I understand Araragi not wanting to set Nadeko off, but clearly, his method wasn't working. He should have done something else. Shinobu really wasn't pulling her punches. I honestly thought that Oshino had given Araragi the talisman, not Gaen. So THAT'S how she became a psychopathic god. Interesting. I feel like stabbing your Onii-chan is the wrong way to go about this but you do you Nadeko. This entire time Kuchinawa was a hallucination of Nadeko? That's pretty fascinating. I never would have thought Nadeko was that delusional. And it looks like almost all of it was that Ougi girl's fault. Really not getting good vibes from her. That was actually a pretty good plan of Nadeko's. I never took her to be that intelligent. Poor Shinobu can't even stand without getting stabbed. Did Araragi tell Senjougahara "yo i'm highkey about to die" or did she figure it out on her own? Giving them six months will definitely lead to Nadeko's downfall. Quite the cliffhanger this arc left off on.
Jul 23, 2019 12:13 AM

May 2015
Lmao Nadeko became a yandere god
Well I would have never expected this outcome
Aug 4, 2019 9:38 AM

Sep 2017
Its confirmed,sengoku is best girl.
I love her i guess could say “monogatari” so much,lots of development and i just really,really like her character. (+ the design is so awesome,something about her just makes me like her)
Senjougahara on the other hand annoys me,i used to like her but she seemed so cheeky this time and in a BAD way.

I like shinobu but she got what she deserved,she practically pushed sengoku to eat the talisman by being mean to her and sengoku repeatedly said STOP.
She was also still talking bs to sengoku when half dead,then she got stabbed and was like :0,not sure what the hell she was expecting lmao?
Anyways i found the pun at the end funny “kami-ng soon”!

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Feb 15, 2020 6:33 AM

Feb 2019
that was an unexpected yandere uwu
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Feb 17, 2020 3:33 PM
May 2018
oh shit, the next episode preview completely overshadowed the episode itself. i wouldn't have though the Nadeko arc would be such an impactful one, i only though of her as a not-so-important side character until now.
Mar 6, 2020 5:49 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
What...
Nadeko's character just completely changes over an episode. Well, I guess we'll see how they resolve it.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Apr 6, 2020 9:58 PM

Aug 2019
holy fucking shit talk about character development, Nadeko just straight up became a fucking GOD. Who the fuck things of this shit? And who ever is pass me what ever grass ur smoking cus wtf you can't find shit like this now a days.
i think her snapping and going insane is justified by links to her stress and her willingness to believe anything anyone told her that would sound beneficial to her (starting at Ougai, adding even more mystery to her character) to the point that from small hints and points she completely re-created a god, hallucinating its presents till she became its vessel
Although Nadeko probably jumped to like 2nd place of my favourite monogatari characters, Senjougahara still gotta be 1st after literally telling a fucking insane God that she was a brat and never liked her.
Apr 18, 2020 2:50 PM

Nov 2019
wow wat a way to end an episode :)

especially with that preview at the end
Jun 24, 2020 7:43 AM

Aug 2017
Psychopath Nadeko is terrifying... Excited for the next arcs, best season so far.
Aug 8, 2020 9:52 PM

Apr 2020
I believe in Nadeko supremacy
Aug 20, 2020 2:55 PM

Aug 2020
O que um comentário brasileiro faz aqui? Não sei, meu inglês é ruim e me senti mais confortável dessa forma.

Quando terminei, me deitei em minha cama e passei meia hora meditando no episódio, fervendo de raiva da Nadeko e ao mesmo tempo frustado, porque sei que é um desenvolvimento magnífico para a personagem. Admiro o autor pelo desenvolvimento, ele me fez odiar uma das personagens mais amáveis e isso não é uma coisa ruim, anteriormente, Sengoku para mim, era uma Hanekawa sem graça, uma sombra da verdadeira santa, mas agora, eu posso compreender a profundidade do personagem e acredito que a história tenha tomado um rumo muito mais interessante desde Kabukimonogatari.

Com isso posso afirmar: Sengoku, eu lhe odeio como pessoa, mas lhe amo como personagem.

//

Overall, I hate Sengoku as a person, but I love her as a character.
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Aug 23, 2020 11:25 PM

Aug 2019
never thought monogatari would end up in my favorites when I first saw it on the top 30 shows on MAL back when i first started watching anime, only thing I regret is taking this long to watch it.
Aug 27, 2020 10:30 PM
Mar 2018
damn nadeko, all the pity i had for you last three episodes just evaporated in a blink of an eye when you went yandere mode, and were like "why didnt you save me" while stabbing araragi. niggaaa what?!!! save you from what? your dumbass feelings from getting a crush? Niggaaaaa u didnt even tell anyone about it and araragi didnt even know. how is he suppose to save you from something he doesnt know. u stinky bitch lmaooooo.

on a more serious note, nadeko got some development. i said before that i wish she was more confident but this is too much. now she wanna kill every1. and for what? to be with araragi? couldnt you just make that happen now since ur a god? anyways, cool arc tho. i liked it alot. her being the final boss i realized was foreshadowed in nise i think when kanburu was telling araragi, "oh with her looks, she is the real final boss u gotta overcome" or some shit. i wonder how they are going to resolve this. i hope nadeko gets some sort of redemption arc or something.

also the preview where they all fight nadeko, nadeko would probably win against them all but alas, you forgot to include best girl hachikuji. i already know she be coming with that fully semi automatic ar 15 with extended mags and second chance perk equipped

Ali_Hussam said:
I believe in Nadeko supremacy

*Hachikuji
HotPocketChrisAug 27, 2020 10:38 PM
Sep 5, 2020 11:13 AM
Apr 2017
What in the world was that?

Worst episode of the series so far, IMO.
Sep 12, 2020 3:58 PM
Nov 2018
It is literally a humanity masterpiece.
Nadeko no Medusa
From someone that managed to create something like this.
It is so unbelievably depth hard. As expected from the No1 Light novel, I guess.
But It just still unbelievable It is beyond what I thought.
I truly respect and honor to Monogatari creator that represents Nadeko.
It turns me from Nadeko Simp to Truly Shock and can't do anything above suffering.
And praising how Godly Sengoku Nadeko is. As a well-written character.
John_Smith_MALApr 16, 2021 3:14 AM
Sep 14, 2020 11:45 AM

Apr 2019
Well.......the fuck just happened??

They start the arc by giving you a little taste of what's to come at the beginning, like "OoOo how did it all come to this?" Then they show the progression of Nadeko and her helping this snake fella, and you're kinda like "damn, he's probably using her. I wonder how they'll resolve this?" Then it's like *BAM* complete 360 complete 720, sike jokes on you, she's planned this all along, end of arc.

That's some insanely great story telling, like some masterpiece tier shit right here. Nisio Isin, congratulations here's your trophy 🏆.

5/5 arc right here, I'm now eager to see how this final battle will play out. Everyone vs. evil yandere medusa Nadeko. Hopefully no one dies.

arcticmontysSep 14, 2020 12:00 PM
Sep 16, 2020 2:20 AM

Jun 2020
The greatest yandere Nadeko.

That was a wonderful episode Nadeko has become a God now and is about to be a 1v5 Nadeko is the final boss lol.

Anyway Nadeko kinda reminds me of Gasai,Yuno from Mirai Nikki she's has a lot of similarities and I like it

I really loved this episode so bad on Nadeko's arc it's so intense I'm looking forward to the next episode it's probably gonna be intense=>
Oct 1, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2017
"Maybe if we met in different circumstances we could've been friends."

"No, I hate cute brats like you."

It's one of the reasons I love Senjougahara, just smart ass comments like that lol
Nov 28, 2020 2:45 PM
Jun 2019
This arc with Nadeko was so good. I really enjoyed the story of this arc and Sengoku became one of my favourite Monogatari Characters
Jan 6, 2021 12:00 PM

Jul 2020
One of the more weaker arcs but the build up is super thrilling, that trailer is such a tease. This hasn’t become a love triangle anymore, more like a love octagon lmao.
Jan 13, 2021 9:35 PM

May 2014
It looks like Sengoku isn't just cute and innocent after all. What's more shocking and unexpected that Kuchinawa-san was only a hallucination of her. I thought she was possessed, but I was really wrong. I am glad that was the case. It made it more original.

Anyway, I liked her transformation and she was OP and creepy just like a snake. She stabbed both Shinobu and Koyomi like a crazy yandere b****.
. Looks like Shinobu is no match to her in that form. At the same time, she looks very cute in that form too

Oshino Ougi initiated the change in Nadeko. I wonder what her scheme is and why she would do that. I always thought she was on Araragi's side. Why would she tell Sengoku about the talisman that would help her become the snake, God, she is now. Hmm, I hope we get some answers in the next eps.

Very cute to see that Senjougahara came to Koyomi's rescue. Strange to see that Sengoku agreed to wait six months after graduation, but I got to give it to Senjougahara; she is a good manipulator. I also like how she burned that crazy snake brat really good
. Also, I look forward to this battle, and I hope it doesn't end with a little preview we saw here

Next ep. will probably be a recap, but I look forward to the next arc if we can see more of that fight.
mangalicker94Jan 13, 2021 9:41 PM
Jan 13, 2021 9:38 PM

May 2014
KewlCats said:
she kept stabbing Shinobu even though she was on the ground :c

Bitch is indeed crazy.
Mar 3, 2021 11:32 PM

Jan 2010
Holy crap, Senjougahara coming in clutch at the end. It's also interesting to hear Nadeko's monologuing about how she was well aware of her own delusions, yet wasn't simultaneously. There's an interesting commentary in here somewhere, with gods being a human construct. The Snake God didn't exist until Nadeko invented it, which was how it attained its form of a white snake. She used her experiences with esoteric rituals and killing snakes as her base. It's also the reason why only she could hear and see it, as it was all in her head. The whole situation sounds like a chuuni delusion, where she imagined her white scrunchie as a catalyst to speak to her fabricated god. Well, except she ate the talisman, created the god, and became an Oddity all at once.||

||Nadeko feels like a side character who was tired of being sidelined. She feels similar to Hanekawa in how she wanted to be the heroine of the story. In Nadeko's case, however, she forcibly hijacked the story to turn the focus on herself. This runs counter to how she used to catch Araragi's attention, but then act aloof and distant, maintaining that status quo. She never really tried to be a main character, but she also didn't want Araragi to hook up with anyone else either. Once Senjougahara entered the picture, the whole scenario shattered, and Nadeko, upon building inner stress (again, similar to Hanekawa), eventually develops into an Oddity. I suppose their difference is while Hanekawa just wanted closure, Nadeko wanted control.

Either that or this was just a really complicated way to say Nadeko was a yandere.
ShockedMar 4, 2021 9:44 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.