Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2013 11:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay so it's the bear vs the karate girl. LOL? Weird..
Seems like this show ended.

Some random moments here and there like usual. Holy shit, I spotted a 3D cat.
Oct 10, 2013 1:20 PM

May 2011
Never have I been more glad of seeing an Anime end.
ZhuyoOct 10, 2013 1:26 PM
Oct 10, 2013 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
In the end I would give it 7/10 - it turned out to be better than Love Lab not to mention that abomination called C3-bu.
Weak start but when they found what they want to do with it and how it started to improve. I really liked how it turned out to be.

Another concern would VA but since they just started I can partially overlook it.
Oct 10, 2013 1:43 PM

Dec 2011
Ai-Kari~n

And with this, summer ends. I loved this series from start to finish. It's a shame it's over.

But I'll buy the manga as soon as I can, so it doesn't have to end.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 10, 2013 1:52 PM

May 2013
This episode was actually pretty great.

I found the series to be okay, but I didn't find the characters that interesting and some of the skits were a bit odd.
Oct 10, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode to end on. Now that it's over I'm coming to realize how much I'll miss this series
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Oct 10, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2011
Well..... now my life feels empty.....
Oct 10, 2013 3:08 PM

Dec 2012
The ending of this show makes it finally feel like Summer is over and Fall has begun!

Also, very funny episode. I hope it gets a second season!
Oct 10, 2013 3:35 PM
Aug 2013
"I've also gone to the restroom for you" w0w
I also spotted Claire going Yandere many times xD

Aww so sad to see it gone. The final episode was grandiose. 10/10 from me.

You can call me bias. Because I actually am. I'll miss this show so much
Oct 10, 2013 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
Good final episode. I'm gonna miss this series! So much randomness and moe, all the girls made me laugh.
Oct 10, 2013 3:57 PM

Apr 2010
This shows had it's good and bad parts the first episode was a bit slow but it improved from there and i thought it got more funny towards the end with some good jokes.
The random character introductions at times was a bit strange tho happy to see the girl from first episode appearing in the last one again.
Oct 10, 2013 4:05 PM

Aug 2011
olboyfloats said:
I hope it gets a second season!

Me too, but very unlikely because of sales atm :(

ANYWAAAAYS time for me to ramble about the final ep!!
It was nice to see the Student Pres and Furuhashi again! Wonder who the sixth phantom member was.....

RETURN OF THE BEAR KINGS AWWYEAAAAH can't believe who their true identities were...

Underground tsukkomi training!!!!!! WHAAAA-

Soooooooooo yeah really really REAAAALLY enjoyed this series, had a bit of problems here and there but all in all I can say this was was of my top Summer anime!! S2 pls
Oct 10, 2013 4:11 PM

May 2013
Karin's cuteness is too much! Liked the series a lot.
Oct 10, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Nice finale. Nothing too crazy.
7/10
Oct 10, 2013 6:16 PM

Oct 2012
Who is Botan she been bullet proof since she was a kid
Oct 10, 2013 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
A great finale episode, I'll give this a 7/10

It start off pretty bland in the beginning, but then it improves itself during the second half of it. Well I wouldn't mind having a second season but if they announce it then I'll watch it :D.

Oct 10, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
OMGOSHlol said:

I also spotted Claire going Yandere many times xD

Ditto, it was pretty much any time Karin was talking to someone other than Claire.
Oct 10, 2013 8:07 PM

Mar 2012
That was good ending, this anime is the definition of ''The Deconstruction of Cliches''.
i`m gonna miss this series.

good bye summer, hello there Fall.

Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 10, 2013 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
this was ok. it can be good it can be bad (with all of Natsuki's constant tsukkomi)
first half was nothing to write home about but the second half slightly got better. i dont mind it.

Karin's feminine appeal is way more OP than Botan's ribcage.
well at least that one girl finally has SOME spotlight after being ignored
Oct 11, 2013 12:36 AM
Apr 2008
Liked this series a lot. I thought it was pretty funny and I enjoyed the skits. Rated it a 7, it was a good summer show.

As for the finale, I appreciated the random shout out down memory lane to Kodocha's 'draw the character' songs.
Oct 11, 2013 5:29 AM

Nov 2012
Loved this show more and more as it went on.

I watched almost all the anime of the summer season and I looked forward to this the most every week. I was saddened by the delays, but it just made the show last longer so I don't mind anymore.

Would watch more of this.
Oct 11, 2013 7:36 AM

Jul 2011
And then ended. I'm gonna miss this show. Made my every week bright last season.
Oct 11, 2013 7:42 AM

Apr 2012
Not dreadful but not great either. Most of the jokes were pretty dull with a few hitting the mark. Meh 5/10
Oct 11, 2013 8:03 AM

Aug 2010
Well, this was one fun show, probably my favorite, or second favorite of the Summer, sad to see it go. It was nice trying to see all the callbacks to previous jokes and the new ones. Even the student council president made an appearance, though it was way too short. 5/5, loved every second of it. 7/10.

Botan-tan a best girl.
Oct 11, 2013 11:26 AM
Jul 2013
This show has its ups and downs, many downs, but I still found myself watching it with a stupid smile.
Oct 11, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2011
Where art thou Vampko?
Oct 11, 2013 6:37 PM

Dec 2012
http://i.imgur.com/J30q9jY.jpg?1
Haha, nice Ahoge on the Natsuki balloon.

http://i.imgur.com/Fx2ggn5.png?1
Retort Of The Year.

Good episode, although not the best.
I just wish we had learned who the 6th member was, if it actually exists (I don't doubt anything coming from this show).
Too bad there's little to no chance of a second season happening. =(
Oct 11, 2013 7:22 PM

Jun 2013
This series was a meh. I kept on falling asleep when watching the series. Nonetheless the ending was pretty okay. Might plan for a rewatch of this since I didn't give much attention to this before.

KARIN-SAN IS JUST CUTE <3
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 11, 2013 8:27 PM

Oct 2012
2ND SEASON FUND IT

^ Why isn't this updating...
Oct 11, 2013 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
It's realy short skittttt!!!

Aw eyecatch... the VAs all of them are pretty xD
Especially the middle one?

Eh, seitokaichou? She's a bit resembles to Hinagiku :)
Lol perfect equal is useless ability

"Nande are! Nande are!" Tsukkomi no Ana xD
Reminding me a bit of Kotomi
Lol Furukawa, eh Furuishi...wait I can't said that right

I'll miss this :(
"Signature removed"
Oct 12, 2013 7:24 AM

May 2011
Good ending to the series. This show had a pretty rough first few episodes, but after the great episode 4, it seemed to get much better by each episode.

I'm rating it with just 7/10 only because I'm trying to be objective with a few of the meh episodes and rather poor performances of the seiyuu's in the first half of the series, especially for the minor characters, but to be honest this was one of my favorite Summer 2013 shows, and the series I look forward to the most each week.

I'm really gonna miss my weekly dose of the Kitakubu..
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Oct 12, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
- Finally i can see Furuhashi again. Glad that she's not forgotten after all.

- I thought Natsuki's lil bro would make an appearance in this finale, but i was wrong.

- I was surprised to see Verybadd again.

- All the main VAs appeared in that photo! Lovely girls~

- Botan's indestructible rib cage!! It was hilarious to see the bullet get deflected

- I can't get enough of Sakura's voice <3

sigh, i feel empty now, one of my fav series is finally over. Getting a 2nd season is probably impossible :(

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 12, 2013 4:05 PM

Jan 2011
Nice to see student pres again!
Oct 13, 2013 10:11 AM
May 2012
When i was impressed by ep 1, i posted back then that it would be the anime of the season, and of the year for me. Well, I'm afraid I'll have to take that back.

This comedy has a mix of good, bad and even lame jokes. Most of the jokes didn't come to me as funny (too much fourth wall was really annoying), and this last ep is no exception, too random. But then, the strongest point of the anime though was the characters. I never get tired watching them, it makes up for the annoyance i get from the jokes that didn't come to me as funny.

7/10.
Oct 14, 2013 12:51 AM

Dec 2011
Too much fourth wall? Surely you mean too little? I don't see how anyone could call this series out on having too much. Although personally I loved it for its non-existant/obliterated state.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 14, 2013 8:34 PM

Oct 2012
Kinda gonna miss this. I liked it, it was sort of unique on its own way.
Oct 15, 2013 6:25 PM

Oct 2012
Well, it felt like the same old same old but I still loved it!
Oct 15, 2013 8:31 PM

Oct 2012
Oh goodness, it's finally over -.-'' This didn't quite reach the expectations I had for it when I first put it in my PTW list. The comedy probably just didn't suit my taste since I don't recall ever laughing while watching this.
Long story short: Failed as a SoL anime for me.

Oct 16, 2013 4:09 AM

Oct 2012
At 07:30, Claire ran out of leads for her mechanical pencil. Natsuki offered to
buy some more. So Claire gave her a 10,000 yen bill, which is about US$100.
Claire had no idea that pencil leads only cost five yen each.

We are given a very quick glance of her notebook. On the right page, Claire has
written some very, very advanced Physics equations. Keep in mind that Claire is
only in her second year of high school. Those equations are not normally taught
to Physics students in university until their fourth year. Even then, they would
be discussed towards the end of the course. They are shown very clearly and
appear to be more-or-less correct. They are from Quantum Mechanics. They
are called "Second-order non-degenerate time-independent perturbation theory".
Chemists learn about them too. If you want, see the full details here:
http://www.pa.msu.edu/~mmoore/TIPT.pdf

Then Claire says, "What is this quantum physical pricing?"

Even to an expert on Physics, this isn't funny. There ARE lots of funny jokes
about Quantum Mechanics. Normally it would be Schroedinger's Cat or The
Uncertainty Principle. So perhaps 0.1% of the audience would have laughed
out loud if the joke was actually clever.

This is a great example of how Kitakubu went to a great deal of trouble to put
in things that basically nobody is going to see. Yes, it is fun to go through each
episode frame-by-frame and look for these exquisite details. On the other hand,
most people just watch it normally. It seems that the director decided to aim
Kitakubu at people who like intellectual, elite, niche humor. Unfortunately, that
does not draw in as many viewers as some other anime series.

The first three episodes were much worse in this respect. I think the director
changed (i.e. "retooled") the show after that. It did greatly improve. But I get
the sense that he has not completely learned his lesson. Given the failure that
Kitakubu has been, it might be a while before we see him being asked to direct
another anime series. He can go back to what he had been doing immediately
previously, which was being an "episode director" and doing storyboarding.
okanaganOct 16, 2013 4:15 AM
Oct 21, 2013 3:51 PM

May 2012
A pretty decent last episode, while I thought it would be an open ending I still wished for a bit more of a blast in the end still a fairly decent anime!
Oct 22, 2013 4:51 PM

Jan 2011
To bad its over. T_T I really like this instant absurd humor, cant get enough of this. xD for exmple the map scene or bear king Karin's cuteness attacks or the pay2win item or the second call from Ai! and i love those self refering jokes like that one with the student president or that one with the last episode in episode 11 ... i really miss this show now. =/ i hope they will do a second season because thiss kind of show is easy to produce and this kind of joke show is quiet unique. people love shows with references (Gintama, this season Outbreak Company). Why not Kitakubu to make fun off all those other shows and stuff out there? i mean, they even made fun of Christiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi or pay2win games and i never seen something like that anywhere else. so please continue this show next year, onegai! T_T
Nov 2, 2013 8:37 PM

Aug 2012
Amazing show. At times beautiful and endearing, clever and witty, melodramatic and even spooky, but most of all: hilarious! I had to take breaks in between episodes to rest my body from laughing so much and so violently. Everything from blunt to subtle humor, breaking the fourth wall, exaggerations, puns, repeating/inside jokes, and unexpected punchlines. Great cast of characters, their interactions and synergistics create comedy gold and heartwarming moments that incorporate the usual amusing banter, all complemented by vivacious voice acting and a splendid musical score.
Nov 4, 2013 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
This had to be 'random perfect' episode I guess :) (and they actually did many ideas from previous episode)

Anyway, this series was rather average during its first six episodes but in its second half it got a lot better to the point I actually liked it. My best ED was the one with Botan-chan though :)

Heh, and that fast airplain trip - I am from Czech Republic, actually :D
Nov 30, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2013
I'm going miss this. To be honest, it improved a lot compared to the first few episodes.

I like the Aikarin skits, the bulletproof ribcage, the 4th Bear King, and many more.

With only 60 seconds left, I wondered how they were going to end it. Furuhashi gets the spotlight.
I really like the final ending where the star is moving, lol.

Overall, I had fun.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 21, 2014 10:10 AM
May 2012
Yup, the first few episodes are really kinda boring, but after that, the show really improved a lot, the voice acting improved too :D

I like the atmosphere of this Anime and the characters are fun to watch too.

It is sad to see that the sales of this Anime is pretty bad, but still, we can hope for a season 2!!

A nice anime, thank you, gotta sleep now ^_^
May 5, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2011
What a mess. I will burn Nomad burn to ashes for this.

» Escapism.

Jun 28, 2014 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
Ah....I will miss this anime.....I would like more please.

8/10
Jul 12, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2009
The extremely short episodes didn't work as well as in "Azumanga Daioh", but still a great ending which fits the series perfectly.

The show itself was good (7/10!!!) and all loved all those fourth-wall breaking jokes. Most of the other jokes weren't really THAT funny, but I still found it good. Only thing I can complain about is the style looking way too mainstream.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Sep 12, 2014 2:15 AM

Feb 2013
So it's over. Aww. I'm gonna miss this show. I think I'll read the manga. They were really burning through records this episode. Glad to see Furuhashi one last time. She doesn't appear often much does she. A fun series. Good series overall. Started kinda slow in the beginning but improved as the episodes continued.
Dec 18, 2014 11:30 AM

Sep 2014
Cristiano Messi, lol.

Nice anime (first 3 episodes were *meh*) but I liked the 4th wall breaks
and the huge amount of references. Cute artwork, too.

7/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

44 by N_Hawke »»
Mar 22, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

173 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 15, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

60 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 4, 2022 8:11 AM

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

36 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 3, 2022 5:00 AM

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2013

58 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 2, 2022 8:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.