Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 11, 2013 10:10 AM

Apr 2011
Kinda slow start, but I got hooked very quickly.... namely, immediately after Hozuki pulled out her stun gun. A portable scooter that can turn into a stun gun, damn that's awesome. And you know, I'd like to see an Italian dub of this, just to see what it feels like.
Oct 11, 2013 10:49 AM

Jan 2010
Somewhat disappointed. Such a brainy little girl and very useless adults.
Was glad to hear Araragi's seiyuu, but that hardly helps. Will watch a few more episodes, hope it'll get better.
Oct 11, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2010
That was pretty freakin' cool. Watching.

Oct 11, 2013 12:27 PM

Jan 2010
Pretty good, but kinda all over the place. The paper cranes in the OP reminded me of Gatcha.
Oct 11, 2013 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
That start was pretty intense for the first couple of minutes. Loved the OP. Seems like it's going to be quite an entertaining series. A bit of a shame that it's only 11 episodes though.
Oct 11, 2013 2:48 PM
Oct 2012
Saijuro said:
Was glad to hear Araragi's seiyuu, but that hardly helps. Will watch a few more episodes, hope it'll get better.

Give it time, I think this is one of those shows where the family starts out hating one another because they are all different in a way (mother and father, oldest and middle sister, youngest pretty much left alone), but the stress of the situation, being forced to rely on one another, each learning about the skill of the others, and is going to bring them together as a family.

Mother is a brilliant engineer, Father is a brilliant astrophysicist (my guess bringing up Copernicus), since this appears to be a space drama, they will each get their chance. Oldest sister will prove to be a great diplomat (i.e. lawyer) in dealing with those space aliens, not quite sure how the middle sister will fit into this series (CQC perhaps, that was a pretty awesome punch she had), and of course we already know that the youngest is the super genius possessing the Galileo secret (in that cylinder) which will prove to be the savior of mankind (which is why bead hair guy, the ruffian with the heart of gold, is after it).

The only potential fault I can see with the show is that they won't be able to sustain the momentum of the first episode, which can harm the reception of a series, but if they can maintain it, this has the potential of being the sleeper hit of the season. I will say this is the first one so far this cour that really got my attention so I am really looking forward to next episode.
Oct 11, 2013 5:32 PM

May 2011
WTF just happened. Somethings i really can't let fly by, why the fuck didn't she just use her stun gun when she was getting chased, and how the hell did she get all those parts, and not to mention the firearms to build that ship.
Oct 11, 2013 5:52 PM

Jun 2009
The older sister is alcoholic,
The middle sister is anti-social as hell,
The little sister is, well, can't even describe her
The older sister won't shut up with laws
The middle sister know some insane karate
The little sister have a portable... Motor-powered bike... stun-gun thing
The blonde antagonist seem like he got a screw loose
The dad's need a life coach
The mom need to relax
The goldfish AI is awkward
Those "mecha-fish" seem so badly design, the sight of them flying seem unnatural as fuck

This show contain all sorts of crazies...

I like it!!
AirStylesOct 11, 2013 6:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2013 6:16 PM
Oct 2012
RockerXD said:
WTF just happened. Somethings i really can't let fly by, why the fuck didn't she just use her stun gun when she was getting chased, and how the hell did she get all those parts, and not to mention the firearms to build that ship.

She had to first convert her scooter so that she could use the stun gun, and she was hoping to escape without having to shoot someone; it's her personality, a fact that confirmed at the end when the first thing she said after shooting the enemy ship was that she would pay for the damages.

As for where did she get all those parts. Her mom is a famous engineer, he father has his own lab, and those flying things seem to be very prevalent in this world (note that the buildings have street markers on TOP of them), so getting the parts for the ship wouldn't be that amazing in this setting. The arms are a bit more of an issue, but she is a genius inventor who can build a combination scooter and stun gun, so why couldn't she use the chemicals found in her father's lab to fuel her weapons (her missiles were far better than the bandits missiles, that was what he was surprised about when she blew his tail off).

Edit: this may be a subtitle mistake, and the Japanese is a bit too fast for me to catch, but the mother claimed that Galileo discovered the principle of relativity (he didn't that was Einstein) and Geo-centrism replaced Heliocentricism, the reverse of what actually happened. If these weren't mistakes, then the science of this world is very very different from our world, and that could play a major factor in allaying your doubts.
Takuan_SohoOct 11, 2013 6:44 PM
Oct 11, 2013 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
The three sisters are pretty intense. The oldest is my favourite so far, I mean she is such a beauty! I want Hazuki to prosecute me! <3

As for the episode, seems like it will definitely keep the story flying on board the goldfish. Looks like an awesome anime! Already! Definitely a keeper!

5/5 for the first episode!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 11, 2013 8:01 PM

Nov 2009
That was a cool machine. Kamiya Hiroshi was perfect for that pirate guy(whatever he is)'s role.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2013 9:08 PM
Jul 2013
amg i love GOLDFISH!

But really, interesting and the setting takes place in Italy I believe. Waiting on next ep.
Oct 11, 2013 9:09 PM

Jan 2012
Great first ep.

I have high hopes for the fall season!
Oct 11, 2013 9:19 PM

Oct 2012
o.o cool. I like it so far. Love Hozuki, she's so cute >.<

Oct 11, 2013 9:57 PM

Nov 2012
it was okay, I guess. All the mechas and those bombs and such. The directing is a bit under average but saved by the intensity. Love the goldfish.

The bad part is I don't feel like continuing to watch.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Oct 12, 2013 2:20 AM

Jul 2009
gonna watch this, that badass hiroshi's voice again. hue hue hue
Oct 12, 2013 2:23 AM

Oct 2009
So this is mecha too? Man that was great, it has a pretty unique feel and really digging the setting,tech and characters. Hozuki is cute <33, i want that scooter thing! Totally not what i expected this to be :D
Oct 12, 2013 5:14 AM

Jan 2008
Pretty impressive episode 1. Topnotch visual and quite intriguing story to start. Shipping Hazuki and the red-haired guy. <3
Oct 12, 2013 5:56 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't expect this kind of quality coming from A-1 Pictures. The Pirate and Hazuki's professions are already heavy opposites, which makes them a good match already. The animation was good and the art was wonderful.
When the hippie father first showed up and rebutted the mother's nagging, I was like 'Oh, SNAP.' I wonder how they even became a couple in the first place.
But hopefully, this doesn't get the A-1 disease of losing its quality halfway through the series.... hopefully.

Edit: OST was pretty good as well. Always have to mention the OST if it's good.
Beaver897Oct 12, 2013 6:07 AM
Oct 12, 2013 7:35 AM

May 2010
Wow it's better than I expected

In my opinion defintely one of this season best
Oct 12, 2013 8:12 AM
Feb 2012
I like it. Easy as that.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 12, 2013 9:11 AM

Aug 2011
Interesting so far, I didn't expect something like this. Art is wonderful. I really love the Italian theme, even design of the fish bowl came as a pleasant surprise.
Oct 12, 2013 9:15 AM
Oct 2011
Fapped.

Why are loli leads necessary? Why all the otaku-pandering shit? Why do I see this turning to crap?

> A-1
> A director who only directed hentai

Yeah, forget it. Dropped.
Candor123Oct 12, 2013 9:19 AM
Oct 12, 2013 11:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was a promising start!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 12, 2013 11:51 AM

Sep 2010
wtf i just saw??

just to clarify, i liked it (i guess?) but still.... wtf i just saw?
Oct 12, 2013 12:34 PM

Oct 2011
So they are pirates. Interesting
Oct 12, 2013 1:10 PM

Jul 2012
Candor said:
Fapped.

Why are loli leads necessary? Why all the otaku-pandering shit? Why do I see this turning to crap?

> A-1
> A director who only directed hentai

Yeah, forget it. Dropped.

She's not that bad actually, if you compare the little sister to other lolis. :\
Oct 12, 2013 1:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pretty interesting first episode with a different setting and gorgeous visuals. Will watch more.

The middle sister was boring as f*ck. The 2 other sisters were much more interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 12, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2011
Great visuals and a good story.
Oct 12, 2013 3:55 PM

Feb 2011
Marzan said:
Pretty interesting first episode with a different setting and gorgeous visuals. Will watch more.

The middle sister was boring as f*ck. The 2 other sisters were much more interesting.

What do you mean? she was the only one to hold her own against the guys that were kidnapping them.
Oct 12, 2013 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
The attempted kidnapping scenes were actually more entertaining for me than the airship battle. Other than that, it was an okay first episode, need to see where this is going though. I love Hozuki already, her sisters on the other hand...I'll have to wait and see if they grow on me.
Oct 12, 2013 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
Kaiburr said:
Marzan said:

What do you mean? she was the only one to hold her own against the guys that were kidnapping them.

I guess it's because she's really moody and emo compared to the other two sisters.
Oct 12, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
WOW! That little girl is amazing!!!

Great episode!!!
Oct 12, 2013 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
I really, really liked this!

The littlest one is pretty freaking amazing and quite adorable as well. I also really like the oldest sister. The high schooler is pretty cool too, though she's probably my least favorite so far.

But yeah, definitely interesting! I loved the overall atmosphere. Can't wait for more!
Oct 13, 2013 12:22 AM

Apr 2012
Gotta agree with everyone who said they liked Hazuki the most right now. She was really entertaining and funny this episode! I'll have to hold judgement on the other two right now.

Not really sure what to expect, but I'll definitely keep watching. It was really fun.

Oct 13, 2013 12:48 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. The goldfish in the opening is holding a weapon.

And wow, this is better than I thought. They also established as to why they are being kidnapped, it is somehow related to Galileo's treasure.
Oct 13, 2013 1:56 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, didn't expect anything at first from this, but after watching the first ep, all I could say is Wow.
Looking forward for more!
Oct 13, 2013 2:27 AM

Jun 2012
That was pretty cool. I especially like the character design from these studios in this series. I think this will be a pretty interesting series.

Oct 13, 2013 7:01 AM

Apr 2012
This is the first series I've watched completely blind in a while and I really enjoyed it. I can't believe I'd never heard of this show until I just happened to see a certain fansub group's release of it.

Hopefully it can keep up the awesome.

Oct 13, 2013 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
I really liked it, it seems pretty interesting.

The only thing that bothered me was that they mixed up Galileo's theories (at least in the English subs since I don't know Japanese)... The mother said Galileo was a promoter of Copernicus' geocentric theory, and she even said that the geocentric theory upended the theory of heliocentrism, while it's actually the whole opposite. Anyway, this might even be on purpose, but we'll see.
Oct 13, 2013 11:31 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, amazing start! Totally got me hooked :D
Pretty interesting, not to mention the excellent animation and OST.
OP & ED were great too. The OP theme might even be the best for me this season~
Oct 13, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2009
AHAHAHA. this one's nice too :D
I like it already. Lol, suddenly.. I miss Vividred Operation. :))
Oct 13, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
This is badass!
Oct 13, 2013 4:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Saijuro said:

Give it time, I think this is one of those shows where the family starts out hating one another because they are all different in a way (mother and father, oldest and middle sister, youngest pretty much left alone), but the stress of the situation, being forced to rely on one another, each learning about the skill of the others, and is going to bring them together as a family.

Mother is a brilliant engineer, Father is a brilliant astrophysicist (my guess bringing up Copernicus), since this appears to be a space drama, they will each get their chance. Oldest sister will prove to be a great diplomat (i.e. lawyer) in dealing with those space aliens, not quite sure how the middle sister will fit into this series (CQC perhaps, that was a pretty awesome punch she had), and of course we already know that the youngest is the super genius possessing the Galileo secret (in that cylinder) which will prove to be the savior of mankind (which is why bead hair guy, the ruffian with the heart of gold, is after it).

The only potential fault I can see with the show is that they won't be able to sustain the momentum of the first episode, which can harm the reception of a series, but if they can maintain it, this has the potential of being the sleeper hit of the season. I will say this is the first one so far this cour that really got my attention so I am really looking forward to next episode.

This pretty much sums up the series so far.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 13, 2013 5:07 PM

Feb 2013
The beginning where the girls were being targeted was intense! (good stuff)

... then we ended up with a flying mecha goldfish... I can't see this going in a good direction. Still, it was a lot better than I was expecting.

So, where can I get a scooter-bike like that?
Oct 13, 2013 6:12 PM
Oct 2012
BurntJelly said:
The beginning where the girls were being targeted was intense! (good stuff)

... then we ended up with a flying mecha goldfish... I can't see this going in a good direction. Still, it was a lot better than I was expecting.

So, where can I get a scooter-bike like that?

I think you can order this online from Daiso, and only for $1.50. That store never ceases to amaze me how they can sell things for that cheaply.

A couple of people said this show reminded them of Miyazaki, but the show this most reminded me of was Fushigi no Umi no Nadia. It has the same playful feeling that I felt watching the first episode of that series oh so many years ago, and I have a feeling that scope wise this show is attempting something similar.

As such, if they can resolve their timing issue, I don't think we have to worry about direction. If the ending credits are any clue this show could be as wide as the universe.
Oct 14, 2013 7:32 AM

Aug 2012
_panda said:

The only thing that bothered me was that they mixed up Galileo's theories (at least in the English subs since I don't know Japanese)... The mother said Galileo was a promoter of Copernicus' geocentric theory, and she even said that the geocentric theory upended the theory of heliocentrism, while it's actually the whole opposite.

And then the father came and corrected her, or are we watching an entirely different show? Heh.
Oct 14, 2013 9:35 AM
Oct 2012
Gun_Blazinsky said:
_panda said:

The only thing that bothered me was that they mixed up Galileo's theories (at least in the English subs since I don't know Japanese)... The mother said Galileo was a promoter of Copernicus' geocentric theory, and she even said that the geocentric theory upended the theory of heliocentrism, while it's actually the whole opposite.

And then the father came and corrected her, or are we watching an entirely different show? Heh.

Panda made a mistake, but you are making another mistake. What the father corrected the mother on was that she claimed Galileo invented the new way of looking at the universe, where as the father said no it wasn't Galileo but rather Copernicus who proved it. So Panda was wrong in claiming that Galileo promoted Copernicus work, in that she didn't mention Copernicus and that Galileo discovered it. You are wrong in thinking that the father's intervention was about the confusion between geo and helio centric models.

So either the translation was wrong and in this universe the earth IS the center of the universe, or there was just a mistake in the translation. I think it is the latter. When the mother is going on her little rampage the sisters are talking over her, so it is very possible that someone misheard something. In Japanese it is very easy to get the opposite meaning of something if you are not paying attention.

In reality they are both wrong because Copernicus did not "prove" the heliocentric order of the universe, his system was just marginally better than Ptolemy's. The hindrance to both Copernicus and Galileo (and for that matter Ptolemy) was the belief that orbits had to be circular. It was Kepler and his elliptical orbits that proved the heliocentric model.
Oct 14, 2013 12:30 PM

Feb 2010
Dat goldfish os.

another great show this season!
Oct 14, 2013 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Gun_Blazinsky said:
_panda said:

Panda made a mistake, but you are making another mistake. What the father corrected the mother on was that she claimed Galileo invented the new way of looking at the universe, where as the father said no it wasn't Galileo but rather Copernicus who proved it. So Panda was wrong in claiming that Galileo promoted Copernicus work, in that she didn't mention Copernicus and that Galileo discovered it. You are wrong in thinking that the father's intervention was about the confusion between geo and helio centric models.

In reality they are both wrong because Copernicus did not "prove" the heliocentric order of the universe, his system was just marginally better than Ptolemy's. The hindrance to both Copernicus and Galileo (and for that matter Ptolemy) was the belief that orbits had to be circular. It was Kepler and his elliptical orbits that proved the heliocentric model.

It's quite unfortunate that you are making a mistake too. I only wrote that the father came and corrected her, without any mention about what he was correcting. So you are wrong in assuming what I was thinking.

Also, there's a difference between "prove" and "propose".
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

79 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.