New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 20, 2009 7:58 AM

Sep 2008
iidonno said:

Bokura Ga ita
an excellent slice of life anime a really nice light drama
one of it's best points are that the characters are easy to relate to, you can understand what they did and for what reason
it shows the ups and downs of their relationship perfectly and gives a nice glimpse of the support characters reactions

it made me start reading manga again(well this and Nana <3)

major downside is the anime has a great ending however it was fairly easy to notice a cliffhanger, and a really strong one at that
luckily enough the manga picks it up perfectly : D, you don't even have to read up on the manga before getting to where you are in the anime, it follows it almost entirely word for word

i highly recommend this anime to anyone who likes slice of life anime : P

definitely... i completely agree~ =D
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Aug 27, 2009 1:13 AM

May 2008
Ghibli-movies are all underrated in my opinion.
Feb 5, 2011 7:18 PM
Sep 2010
Heroic Age

I think i have seen anyone in this club that has mention this anime in any discussion. This anime is very underrated mostly because people do not know about it. If your into the mecha and action genre this anime is a much watch. Personally, i stay away from almost any anime that contains a weak male protagonists depending on how long it takes for them to toughen up. So, if your into animes with a badass main character, for example, Hellsing with Alucard, then this is the anime for you. Heroic Age would get a 10 from me if i were to rate it, right below my favorite anime, Elfen Lied. Out of all the animes i have watched, this is definitely the most underrated anime i have ever scene. Please give it a chance and watch it. you will not be disappointed. Although if Mecha and Action are totally not your genre then it can't be helped. However you will be missing out on an awesome anime.

Heroic Age
Feb 14, 2011 3:40 AM

Dec 2008
LegnaArix said:
Black Cat

If you've watched or read it you'll know why.

If you are referring to THIS -
Black Cat

Then I have to vehemently disagree with you. It isn't a bad anime, but it's just too cliche - at least as someone who plays a lot of RPG's.
Feb 16, 2011 11:02 PM

Jul 2009
Princess Tutu

Its one of my all time favorite shows but isn't that well known, probably because of the title. At first glace it looks like a magical girl anime involving dancing and ballet but quickly turns down the path of a dark and twisted take on fairy tales. It has lots of fun moments, and plenty of tragic ones too, with great animation and even the dub was amazing. Go watch it!
Feb 18, 2011 5:44 AM
Feb 2011
kagenomichi said:
Princess Tutu

Its one of my all time favorite shows but isn't that well known, probably because of the title. At first glace it looks like a magical girl anime involving dancing and ballet but quickly turns down the path of a dark and twisted take on fairy tales. It has lots of fun moments, and plenty of tragic ones too, with great animation and even the dub was amazing. Go watch it!
Definitely this one. I'm not sure if it's underrated, but it's undoubtedly underwatched.
Mar 8, 2011 1:35 PM

Mar 2008
Horus, Prince of the Sun.
Superb movie.
Nov 4, 2011 7:51 AM

Mar 2010
I have to say that I hear very little about Tokyo Majin but really like it.
Nov 8, 2011 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
Mouryou no Hako , not many people know or care about this anime, but I find it exceptionally good and quite intellectually and psychologically challenging.
Berserk - bah, people simply ignore older anime series, they think that just because they are old they suck.
Urusei Yatsura - for the same reason stated above.
Aoi Bungaku Series - some brilliant adaptations of japanese stories and novels, yet people who are not very familiar with japanese culture don't understand these stories at all.
Blue Gender - the characters were surprisingly complex and realistic.
Ayashi no Ceres - I cried my eyes out watching this one.
Moshidora - this series isn't particularly exciting or funny, in fact it has it's own sad moments. However, is one of the few series that can actually teach you something useful in life.
Real drive OMG, I don't even know where to begin. This series is simply marvelous : a relaxing yet interesting and original storyline, a brilliant ost and some awesome graphics. And beautiful yet very realistically drawn characters ( they are not stick-skin figures yet they manage to be way more cute than your average anime girl)
Vampire princess Miyu - kind of like a vampire version of Jigoku Shoujo, only that is much older.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Nov 24, 2011 1:52 PM
Jul 2011
I bet I'll get some hate for this one, however...

Blood-C - Just recently completed, however a strong hate for this anime has been developed. Either by those who watched only the first few epis, or those who went through the whole series and began bashing (expecting Blood+, etc). It starts out slow, and you will think it's bad because of its slice of life appearance and confusion of why the MC does what she does.
Mar 26, 2013 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
SonicPlush said:

Moyashimon (8)

I hope you meant to post this in the "overrated" department, because I can't understand how it's underrated. It's not even good as a slice of life genre. It acts like something unique, new, and interesting and then slams your hopes to the ground with monotony seasoned with disappointment.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Apr 10, 2013 3:35 AM
Feb 2011
SailorKagome said:
Aoi Bungaku Series - some brilliant adaptations of japanese stories and novels, yet people who are not very familiar with japanese culture don't understand these stories at all.
I could say I'm not familiar with the Japanese culture, but I enjoyed this series. The stories weren't shallow and were very beautifully animated, too.
May 8, 2013 6:58 AM

Aug 2007
Hidendra said:
I bet I'll get some hate for this one, however...

Blood-C - Just recently completed, however a strong hate for this anime has been developed. Either by those who watched only the first few epis, or those who went through the whole series and began bashing (expecting Blood+, etc). It starts out slow, and you will think it's bad because of its slice of life appearance and confusion of why the MC does what she does.

Well, I watched all the anime and jet, I know why people hate this anime. 3 or 4 episodes (the fisrst one) and nothing sepcial happened. Only everyday of Saya. Something all of us watch in other animes. But I can say in the final is better.
May 13, 2013 1:28 PM
May 2013
Guilty Crown rating: 9
Reason: Viewers tend not to watch the whole series to they fail to realize the whole point of the story and they cannot understand what is truely happening in the story. The series' last few episodes reveal flash backs of the characters paths that they chose and there reasons for becoming who they are. The visuals and art were outstanding also the story line was interesting as well.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

0 by mufarari »»
Jan 20, 5:14 AM

Sticky: » [ ★ ] Staff Recruitment

Timrots - Sep 25, 2018

1 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:05 AM

Sticky: » [HTWA] Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 4 )

tigerz - Feb 5, 2009

190 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:01 AM

» What Counts as Anime? ( 1 2 )

kittenz73 - Jan 9, 2009

60 by mdo7 »»
Dec 11, 2020 1:49 PM

» Anyone know were i can watch Glass no Kamen (2005)

Max_Hawkins - Aug 25, 2020

0 by Max_Hawkins »»
Aug 25, 2020 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.