Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 17, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2010
Kansai-ben character?, more like instant favorite.
Oct 18, 2013 7:55 AM

Oct 2011
Good episode! Glad Hiromi finally came in, I think he's going to be a favourite of mine. Akihito with blood on his hands at the beginning was interesting, looking forward to the explanation of that as well as the explanation of who Kurayama killed.
Oct 18, 2013 6:57 PM
Oct 2013
Yeah, Mirai's past is what makes me want to see this anime until the end.
I'm definitly curious ^^
Oct 18, 2013 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Out of many anime airing during summer and fall, this anime is one of the few that is to my liking.

I really enjoy the process of a character overcoming his/her trauma, it makes a better plot than just some mindless dude who got extremely powerful and suddenly hooks up with some cute girls (like Strike the Blood). The plot is quite your typical hero and melancholy princess, but I feel that the way it progresses is quite nice, not too predictable and still maintains my interest. But still, it is not really that awesome, but who knows, may be just because of the ear-candy ED that keeps me with this anime.
Oct 21, 2013 4:10 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that maintains the characteristics KyoAni . In many in my country complain that the said company does not show , or twists and intriguing plot more engaging, or maybe a different type of narrative and interaction between the different characters . It could also fit me this new vision of KyoAni , but this one is not bad. After all their works are performed well both as designs , while being always the same, that as animations. Add to this, also the scenarios ! XD
Returning to the theme , an episode that puts a bit of a fight with pepper a little wacky , with a well thought and action part of a comic it does not even hurt. The comedy plays on which the anime is not very innovative , but still creates that bit of hilarity that puts a smile on their face! Plot that moves forward slowly , showing us a beautiful but Wheeled new characters . But still did not say much about the context !
Drawings and animations lovely, the fighting was done as it should .
As was done for the episode , while not deviating much from other productions KyoAni , I feel compelled to give a rating of 5 /5!
Nov 10, 2013 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
so i feel like everytime a shade is destroyed and turned into Ayaka.

she slowly is gonna use that power and turn out to be a enemy.

what i feel like is gonna happen later on,
Nov 30, 2013 7:20 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the episode, nice action scene, and it ends in a cliffhanger: Mirai killed someone!
Dec 2, 2013 6:45 PM
Jul 2018

"I killed someone." I wonder who that is~
LOL @ the armpit scene. XD
Dec 3, 2013 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode.

Amazing fight scene and Mirai is just so freakin' cute all the time YEAH.
Men dat epic mom XD and that revelation in the end next episode will wreck it !
Jan 2, 2014 8:38 AM

Oct 2012
Lol never ending Tsukkomi
Dat armpit xD

Lol @ Akihito's mother
A thousand yen?? Well, that's better than nothing
Aw.. Cliffhanger

Note : KyoAni never ceased to amuse me... Haruhi season 3 when will it be? xD

Saburo-kun said:
"If you run into trouble, come to me for advice. You know where our clubroom is, right?"
"Mitsuki says you're welcome to join, too."

Haha, tsundere xD my favorite character so far

Well, except she isn't a tsundere.. She's a sadist xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 18, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
I love that guy with a scarf :D Might ship him with Akihito :p His mom is... well... um, let's say, I wouldn't want my mom to wear these ears and shake her booty lol. This girl from the literature club is growing on me, I like her.

Great cliffhanger.
Jan 19, 2014 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
this was amazing! love the fight scene and animation. I'm loving this anime!
Jan 27, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2012
Akky mom was epic, intense episode tho, she killed someone, so that was her flashback when she stabbed the mummyeye, mhh mhh, let s see what will happen
Mar 9, 2014 9:08 AM
May 2012
That fighting animation *o* I'll shit myself if KyoAni makes an impressive Anime, story wise. I'm not saying that their other works and this one is bad, it's just that I think they can do more. I am really enjoying this show though; I don't demand that much. I just enjoy it as it is.
Mirai is so cute!!! I like her voice actress too. Taneda, Risa <3
Hiromi is one chill dude, kinda creepy too.
Akihito's mom is hotttt~ I'm starting to like Mitsuki too.
I am pretty curious about their past.
I am really liking the opening and ending song.
Apr 1, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2012
Great episode with a nice ending and man she sure is damn cute :3

Akihito's mom sure is funny as well :p
Apr 8, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
I wanted to start this series much sooner than I did but for some reason I thought it wouldn't be my cup of tea. I was however, very very wrong. Loved the animation of the first two episodes, and the premise is interesting as well, not at all what I thought I was going to get. Also it seems as though there are darker underlying elements that may rise to the surface soon. Great comedy and I got some vibes that there could be romance later on, but either way it would just be a nice added bonus, not a deal breaker.

Overall solid series through 2 episodes and has everything I'm looking for thus far. Hopefully it keeps up, and reveals itself to be a gem I stupidly ignored for a little too long, even if it was a recent series.
Apr 14, 2014 9:15 AM

Aug 2007
Aha, another good watch.
Nothing too complicated, but something nice to watch after a hard day at school x3

May 23, 2014 7:43 AM

Jun 2012
This ep started off great! That fight was so well done, and unique too. Finally something with tentacle-like structures doesn't immediately restrain any and every cute girl in close proximity to it... The bandages actually worked like bandages would (shocked!). And her blood sword thingy liquefying and reforming below her hands to block was just great. I'm loving the action in this so much!
Jul 22, 2014 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
good episode
I think she probably killed her mother or something T-T well I guess I'll find out next episode
haha he's not going to stop meddling with her affairs
hopefully we get a little Romance here :D
[/quote]
Oct 21, 2014 12:52 PM
Jul 2014
Awesome episode! Akihito's mom for the win.
Jan 5, 2015 3:03 AM

Feb 2013
Akihito's mom sure is something! Another nice episode. Not really liking Hiroomi. He seems like an ass.
Apr 27, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
This proves how much of a badass Mirai is. Awesome fight scene.
Aug 11, 2015 11:12 AM

Aug 2014
Akihito's reaction are the best. So to see him embarrassed was a+
Oct 20, 2015 3:34 PM

Dec 2013
Tbh I'm finding Mirai to be more annoying than funny. At least the action was really nice.
Jan 1, 2016 4:57 AM

Mar 2014
Is Hiromi gay or is Hiromi gay

Yes he is gay

And I'm loving it

Screw Mirai and that literature club girl
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 7, 2016 4:22 AM

Apr 2015
So the adorable yet badass Mirai has a traumatic past? Such cliché, such moeness... Also, The comedy is fine for me. It somehow felt... forced for me, though.

Hiromi's seiyuu is the same as Makoto's, eh?

I CAN CLEARLY HEAR TATSUHISA'S VOICE.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 22, 2016 1:18 PM
Mar 2016
My friend got my into this show indirectly and I have no regrets. This show is turning out to be better than I thought it would. The character development is slow so far, but its only been the second episode, so I'm holding my breath and waiting for me to get attached to these character.
May 31, 2016 11:36 AM

May 2016
The animation quality during the fighting is pretty good - also there are some scenes that are drawn with much effort put into the detail. The story itself progresses with each episode instead of losing itself in unnecessary side developments if you don't consider romance relationships as a part of it.

So overall experience is okay thus far.
Jun 15, 2016 8:51 AM

Feb 2016
The animation quality during the fighting is pretty good - also there are some scenes that are drawn with much effort put into the detail. The story itself progresses with each episode instead of losing itself in unnecessary side developments if you don't consider romance relationships as a part of it.

So overall experience is okay thus far.
Jul 26, 2016 6:01 PM

Nov 2015

I'll say it again, the visuals are STUNNING. Very close to what Ufotable does, and that's a very good thing.

The ending is amazing, both in visuals as music. I personally like it more than the OP.

Oh god, Akihiko's mother is nuts! jaja I mean, no matter how young she may be, she's got to be too old for doing stuff like that! jaja Oh god, the cringe was real. Poor Akihiko jaja.

Ok, this episode helped me to understand some things better about what are the youmas (The scene of humans valuing humans was great jaja) and informing us that there's a bounty system to monetize killing wild/feral youmas.

It may be weird but I sense a Kara no Kyoukai vibe in this anime, not a bad thing anyway.

PD: I add that the character development seem to be slow in here.
HumbertoZeroJul 26, 2016 6:11 PM
Oct 15, 2016 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit, this anime keeps delivering HARD.
Such beautiful art, such incredible plot, and such stunning action scenes, damn
Mirai is soo cuteee.
Loved the comedy with Akihito's mother, that was hillarious *.*

Also, love all the concept around youmu's and Ikaishi's, thats really interesting.
Wonder where stuff's gonna go from here.
Jan 30, 2017 8:46 AM

Mar 2013
I think Hiromi and Ayaka are the characters I like best so far... well, Akihito too. The aloof types like Mitsuki don't appeal, and that forced cuteness of Mirai... hm. We'll see.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Aug 22, 2017 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
Akihito's mom was hilarious.

I wonder if the person Mirai killed was her sister.

Also 9 dollars for the Yomu Mirai fought seems a bit on the low side but then again, I dont know what Yomu they get compared to, there may have been Yomu's 100 times as strong that multiple Spirit Warriors had to take down at one point.
Speaking of, the hollow Shadow might be exactly one of those.
Mar 7, 2018 6:13 AM
Dec 2017
ok? that cute girl also murderer !
Nov 29, 2018 10:17 PM

May 2013
Better ep than the first, I guess :X

I liked that ribs touching guy that Aki was talking to haha xD

Mirai said humans don't appraise humans, but isn't that what job interviews do? :P maybe not to appraise our worth, per say, but sort of in the way that it tests to see if we're worth hiring :3
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 29, 2018 10:28 PM
Nov 17, 2019 7:52 PM

Aug 2019
wooow kyoani going big with that opening fight seen, can't forget how good they are at animating those.
this anime definitely has a good understanding and a fine line when it comes to whack comady and intense fight scenes and admittedly im hooked
Jul 1, 2020 7:18 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Fantastic battles animation, once again by KyoAni. A fabulous interaction and balanced execution between serious and comedical site of situations among them. A nice time too revealing some back stories among the MC. Oh, well, the mother of Aki really funny. And well, the dark tone at the cliffhanger as expected....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 9, 2020 9:01 PM

Jan 2020
the fight scenes so far are pure gold <3 they just immerse me into the anime <33
I hope the story starts to become more and more appealing by the episode.

Akihito's mom—

4/5 for this episode ~~ it did please me but not completely ~~
Sep 15, 2021 4:47 AM

Feb 2019
So far, the only thing I'm liking at Mitsuki (especially her interactions with Akihito), Akihito's hilarious but slightly cringey mom, and that dreamshade appraiser with the Kansai dialect ^^
Sep 27, 2021 4:14 AM

Nov 2013
I see now... Mirai believed that all the youmu are bad/enemy, hence why she immediately stabbed MC in episode 1. Though, we are yet to see evil human-like youmu to justify her attack.

Moving on, MC has a cringy mom. I can imagine myself dying from cringe with that type of letter...

It was a funny surprise that Mirai earned only 1000 Yen from her first *cough*youmu*cough* kill. Since it was so aggressive, wasn't it supposed to be more valuable? I say Mirai got scammed hard!

So, Mirai has a PTSD. She's a murderer! But then again this makes 0 sense. She had hard time stabbing a disgusting Youmu but showed no remorse in ep1 when stabbing a perfectly normal-looking human!!!
Mar 12, 2022 1:52 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I mean I wouldn't mind having a simple plain udon noodle soup for a school lunch, even if it were every day

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 13, 2022 10:16 AM
Nov 2020
Where's the action and comedy tag tho?
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.