Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 10, 2013 2:14 AM

Aug 2012
The OP song was good, though I still prefer Kotoko's Ao Iconoclast :p i just hoped that they didn't re-use the scenes from the anime for the OP.

As for the animation quality, i'm not gonna say Alter Memory is bad, it's just.. i thought the quality would be like the Calamity Trigger game opening. I'm gonna keep watching Alter Memory and hopefully the quality will improve.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 10, 2013 2:42 AM
Jul 2009
Fan of the game, so far so good hoping that it won't end up as the other games made into an anime.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Oct 10, 2013 6:47 AM

Jul 2010
The only thing im looking for is Unlimited Ragna vs Hazama, but from a non-biased POV, this anime is so bad :x
Oct 10, 2013 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
so... pretty good for the start.
Ragna remindes me Dante ^^ and... Sugita <33
Hazama seems to be an interesting character.

Love the art style.
Until next episode
Oct 10, 2013 11:56 AM

Oct 2008
RAGUNA ZI BURADOECHI!!

Well idk about you guys but I'll keep on watching this only because of the derpy cat lady. Nya!
Oct 10, 2013 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
I really like the game...but this was pretty...bad,like really bad.
Oct 10, 2013 4:34 PM

May 2011
Monochrome said:
lol wow I didn't expect to see so much hate for the animation. I don't know if it's because I kept my expectations low, but I really didn't think it looked that bad. Jin's ice looked horrendous though. Was also a little disappointed to see them reusing scenes in the opening :[

Anyway I've only played a little of the game (basically most of what was in this episode), but man did it feel rushed. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole series is like that too, but we'll see.

Yeah. Seems like most of the hate seems to stem off of expectation (which isn't surprising if you consider how popular this game is). I had actually hoped for quite a bit myself and ended up getting let down. Wasn't really all that bad to me, but I wasn't particularly excited with the adaption either.

I also played a bit of Continuum Shift. Decided to hold off on doing the whole thing till I got the first game.
Oct 10, 2013 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
Game adaptations suck.
Too many characters too much plot.
Focus on character interactions between 2 characters. Don't make all dialogue a means to advance the story.
Oct 10, 2013 7:10 PM

Sep 2009
This episode felt a lot more rushed than it needed to be. There is a chance though that we'll get to see what was rushed fleshed out.

I wonder how far there are going to go with the story. I've played a little bit of calamity trigger, but stopped in favor of playing continuum shift extend (which has a playable condensed version of calamity trigger). I haven't played through all of the routes for continuum shift though, so I was hoping they would only adapt calamity trigger (it would be a nice recap as well to supplement my progress in continuum shift).
Oct 10, 2013 10:06 PM

Jan 2013
seems like they are covering Calamity Trigger ok so far. and at the same time i get the feeling of how CS Extend cover Calamity Trigger with this. if it rush it all and covered Continuum Shift too, then that'll be a big bummer. could care less about the animation tho Jin's ice shard is hilariously facepalm-inducing...unless he's just being a douche

Taokaka and Rachel are more awesome than i anticipated (even tho i sucked with Rachel)
Hazama still trolling.

not a fan of remixes of some of the theme songs (namely Jin's) shoulda use the actual songs imo. tho i did hummed along with some like Under Heaven Destruction.

i'm happy Hakumen's trademark introduction is in. i actually chanted along with him XD
dannymilkOct 10, 2013 10:20 PM
Oct 11, 2013 12:30 AM
Oct 2012
The remixed themes were bad (this really hurt me because I'm a huge Ishiwatari fan), the animation was below par, and even if the original material was nothing special, this is no way to tell a story. Lastly, that is not Hakumen, unless he got throat cancer after being exposed to too many bad ideas during the adaption process.

I'm a forgiving man...episode 2...I'm waiting, but I'm not going to hold my breathe.
AvarionOct 11, 2013 12:52 AM
Oct 11, 2013 1:49 AM

Apr 2013
was alright, nothing special bit disappointing

doubt it will be worth watching for anyone who has not played the games though.

played the games so might aswell watch it
Oct 11, 2013 2:00 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmm its going pretty fast and skipping quite a few stuff, maybe they will be included later on...i didn't really enjoy this episode :\, this is making the characters look bland and uninteresting compared to the game :(

OP/ED is something i will be skipping..

Animation wasn't bad as everyone was complaining, sure compared to everything else this season its pretty bad..but its still better than One Piece's animation at the moment...
Oct 11, 2013 3:50 AM

May 2010
Not too great but I don't hate it either
Oct 11, 2013 4:09 AM

Sep 2011
Danny-REI said:

Animation wasn't bad as everyone was complaining, sure compared to everything else this season its pretty bad..but its still better than One Piece's animation at the moment...
thats just cause one pieces current animation is lazy shit, this is considerably worse than most of the 1st year of one piece's animation

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2013 5:19 AM

Oct 2010
Damn ! this anime is so awesome , its become one of my favourite along with Golden time and unbreakable machine doll for this season !
Oct 11, 2013 7:24 AM

Mar 2010
Well i loved it

I do agree it isnt that well animated but enjoyment is 5/5 for me wasnt bored at all ..

And quite rushed.. But well i will just watch it cause i love the game

I cant waitfor makoto <3
Oct 11, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
Kagurez said:
As a really huge fan of the game, as well as someone who's not bothered by animation quality, I really enjoyed this episode. Well, except the part we're all hating, Jin's 236C, but well... Didn't expect much from the studio anyway.

I loved seeing Ragna using my favorite technique (yes, i main Ragna) to finish Jin :3.

Epic end picture imo

^THIS.

Only other disappointing thing was the Hakumen didnt seem to have the usual POWER in his voice like in the Game.

Jin vs Ragna was short but not that short. It took about the same amount of time a fight does in the game.

Whatever, lets see how it turns out when the True End arc starts. This is just the first loop after all (assuming this since the first ep was quite similiar to Chimelical Complex).

And the one's saying "the source material was nothing special"
... Please go check if your brain is in or not.

BlazBlue has like, one of the most complex and well thought up setting. The story might feel confusing but once you play the full game and use your brain a bit, the real awesomeness comes out. Its another story if you hate the characters, but theres nothing wrong with the Story itself.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
thats just cause one pieces current animation is lazy shit, this is considerably worse than most of the 1st year of one piece's animation

*facepalm* So you mean this animation is worse than animation from a decade ago?
SabbehWatOct 11, 2013 9:24 AM
Oct 11, 2013 9:16 AM

Sep 2011
Majin69Mori said:

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

*facepalm*
Not a facepalm when its true, one piece's 1st year had some pretty smooth animation which can not be said for this, there are parts specifically in jin's fight where it dips below 5 frames per second and they just need to user an opacity trick to simulate motion. one piece while being less detailed even had better art cause at least people didnt look so derpy when not intentional about it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2013 1:06 PM

Oct 2011
Ragna!!!! Jin!!!! OMG!!!! XDDD
Oct 11, 2013 6:00 PM

May 2013
well..yeah..like what people up there said. You can't really expect much from this.

I can see they don't have much funding. OP is recycled from the other scene in EP1, ED is just the one picture rolling over, and the Jin VS. Raguna scene is not really well made. They could have done much better.

At least those who played the game could find a way to enjoy it, I'm afraid it will be too confusing and no attracting to those who haven't.
Oct 12, 2013 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
olaoshabu said:
At least those who played the game could find a way to enjoy it, I'm afraid it will be too confusing and no attracting to those who haven't.

I have played the game,liked it but...I am disappointed by anime...it could be true that they have low budget but that does not make it any better. They could at least use original BGMs(since remixed ones are terrible) and VAs...Hakumen sounds lame compared to his game VA.

I just hope that Guilty Gear will also have its own anime,but with some serious budget.
Oct 12, 2013 10:00 AM

Dec 2012
Ragna is so awesome :3 I hate that cat and that lolita girl so much. So annoying and obnoxious >:O Nice little flashbacks though. Must wait more for epicness :O
Oct 12, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
Haha another fail anime adaption of a great video game.

I knew something like this was going to happen, most anime adaptions of video games are usually utter garbage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2013 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode!!!
Oct 12, 2013 11:11 PM

Jun 2012
Hm, kind of interesting. Haha, no wonder it's based off a game, I was about to say it looks like a fighting game.

Oct 13, 2013 12:08 AM

Mar 2013
Ragnad reminds me of Dante :D
Pretty interesting so far, curious where this is going.
4/5
Oct 13, 2013 3:44 PM

Aug 2012
I like the music and fights, so i'll keep watching.
Oct 13, 2013 8:29 PM

Nov 2012
Really liked the OP by Faylan.

Yuuichi Nakamura voices Hazama.He's quite the mysterious character so I pretty interested in him.

Noel looks pretty hot/cute,I like her uniform/character design.She actually the character I'm most interested in so far.

Chiwa sounds so different as Tao compare to when she voices Senjougahara.

Noel looks like Saya from Ragna's past.Seems like Noel has amnesia or got her memory erased based on how she said "He's always running away." Even though it was the first time they met.So I'm somewhat interested in Ragna and Noel's past.

Ragna and Jin's fight was somewhat interesting,but not that great.Also liked Tetsuya's voice for Jin.

Animation wasn't that great either.Seiyuus are one of the two reasons I decided to watch this.The other being a friend of mine recommended I watch this since he's a fan of the game.

Was pretty confused for most of this episode too since I haven't played the game.

Was thinking of dropping this this episode but think I might give this 1-2 more episodes since I'm really interested in Noel and Ragna's past.
VanishingKiraOct 13, 2013 8:37 PM
Oct 14, 2013 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
In my opinion for people saying it's rushed, it feels more like they are literally just adapting Continuum Shift, using the "Calamity Trigger recap" story arc from it as the first couple of episodes, which would automatically kind of imply it be short. Although I could be wrong, that's just what it seemed like to me considering I went through that recap arc not too long ago to brush up on some things and it immediately reminded me of that. Also while my fingers are crossed that they are saving their budget for Continuum shift, I can live with its current quality honestly, could be way better but I guess we will see, it's definitely nothing I see a reason to drop the anime at 1 episode for =o
Oct 14, 2013 7:04 AM

Feb 2011
Honestly, based on how fast they are going through this. I think they are going for the all routes adaption, then true route finale. I do see Continuum Shift characters in the ED as well however.
Oct 14, 2013 10:02 AM

Oct 2012
Been waiting on this since the beginning of this year. But I did not expect this to be a 12 ep series, I could have sworn it said that it was gonna be a movie.
Although I'v been playing the games since it's first release, I haven't played the first game in waaaay too long, so I don't remember if they skipped anything from the first game's timeline. so maybe others can tell you. But! I found it good so far! Though when I saw platinum in the ending, it surprised me.(maybe because I didn't expect her to be in this anime for some odd reason xD) Well! I'm gonna keep looking forward to more episodes! Hopefully it'l help me last enough until chrono phantasm comes out x_x
Oct 14, 2013 12:04 PM

Jun 2011
Mills said:
Especially Tomokazu Sugita as Ragna

Not used to Tomokazu Sugita as Ragna yet, that voice keep reminds me of Gin-san.

I don't see any hugeeeeee problem with the animation though, but it can be better.

Reading all these comments, true, I had no full idea on what's going on, seems like they're going to ruin this with bad pacing, still, I prefer this over the other "moe" anime of the season like Outbreak Company.

First impression I had after watching the first episode is, I like it. It seems like my type of show, too bad they're going to rush it through, ):.

I love both the villains and the protagonist, and the side characters as well, so far so good!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 14, 2013 7:40 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not familiar with the Blazblue universe or its story, but I have heard of it.

The idea of an anime adaption sounds really cool to me but from what I'm gathering its going to be a rushed product. It's kind of unfortunate that a lot of these cool animated adaptions of big gaming franchises don't always get the time they need.

That aside I thought episode 1 was cool, it hooked me right in. I agree with everyone that the animation can be better.
Oct 14, 2013 9:23 PM

Mar 2011
Episode 2 pictures and summary

http://blazblue-am.jp/episode/index.html

Oh boy, the pictures here are pretty much confirming they are finishing Calamity Trigger next episode. This really hurts me to say it since Im blazblue fan but if they keep rushing the story this much this anime could end up being worst of the season. Well on the bright side I dont think its humanly possible to fuck up the second episode as badly as they did with the first one. Oh and by the way dont use the excuse that Calamity Trigger was covoluted because Calamity Trigger Reconstruction fixed a lot of those problems, hell even the original Calamity Trigger story was not THIS confusing. Hopefully atleast they do some effort in atleast properly introducing Hakumen in the story, something they completly failed to do with Jin, also some worldbuilding and backstory would be nice. And like I said before the Ragna vs Hakumen fight is literally the perfect excuse to talk about blazblues backstory, but considering how terrible this studio is I doubt they have even realized that.
Raziel1991Oct 14, 2013 9:42 PM
Oct 15, 2013 2:49 AM

May 2011
another bad attempt in promoting the game, or just to collect more capital for the franchise. Lower-than-average quality for a late 2013 anime, animation is pathetic, art is bad. NO clear direction in plot and settings YET, but opening's not bad. Ending uses the best ENGRISH.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Oct 18, 2013 12:30 AM

Aug 2013
It got my attention. A must see in this season
Oct 31, 2013 9:10 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This episode has everything that makes a game adaptation fail in it. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing... that coming from someone who actually played some of the games (but not all).

Too painful. Sorry but I really have to drop this... :(
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 2, 2013 3:04 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Unlikely beginnings are easy to digest , new story , little information , character design , etc. that fit .
All of these variables , they do not appreciate the work right away, beyond the fact that it is a masterpiece or a nonsense ( this is decided at the end XD) . I do this preamble to introduce the fact that having seen him twice, not by my choice , yesterday after having seen other animated series , his vision left me a bit apathetic , now see him again, I appreciate more the bill. Plot messed up, oh well ! Narration pleasant although it does tell a lot , perhaps due to the characters who most appreciate the work , both for the costume design for the character.
Having never played it, only now I understand who is the cat with braids seen it many times in certain avatar ! XD
Animations lackluster , should I open a parenthesis here , being that the vision I espleti streaming through them and therefore can not be assessed in a serious manner the degree of animation and the quality of designs and colors, in general.
For now, I stop at a rating of 4/ 5, then we'll see if it is worth more or less! ^ _ ^

I hope that my words are always well understood ! ^ ^ "
Nov 25, 2013 1:51 AM
Feb 2013
Yare yare. It didn't convince me.
kcuf
Dec 30, 2013 8:00 AM

Nov 2012
wtf
i have not played the game so... i have no fucking idea what's going on..
Jul 1, 2014 5:00 PM

Jan 2012
silverwalls said:
wtf

i played the game and i still don't know wtf is going on..
Jul 20, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2012
silverwalls said:
wtf

^

dat seiyuu cast tho <3
Dec 10, 2014 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
This felt like it started in the middle of a show. Iknow this is based off a game but I never played it so I wouldn't know what is going on. THe OP and ED is okay. I have no idea what is going on.
Apr 22, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was probably the worst in the whole show. It was so confusing, and the SHEER AMOUNT of things cut equal about 4 episodes worth of content. So many things were changed, for the worse mind you, and it was SO DAMN RUSHED! they squeezed about 90 minutes worth of content into 20 minutes. While the rest of the series is overall better than this episode, that doesn't say much because this series sucked in the end. Then again, this episode enraged me to such levels that it would be impressive to see the show fall worse... 3/10, never watch again!
CodeBlazeFateJun 9, 2016 4:00 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2013

68 by Spygecko »»
Aug 11, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2013

39 by Vindicater »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 13, 2022 7:01 PM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2013

33 by Vindicater »»
Jul 11, 2022 4:46 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 8, 2022 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.