Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2009 10:59 AM
Oct 2008
vaberella said:
something really long >:

I just meant that when Taiga 'rejected' him, is because she forced minorin on him!! Making him leave her house so he could confess!! It seems like he wanted to stay, but she kicked him out !!

I take her running after him as a sign of 'regret' meaning, she didn't want him to leave but forced him anyways -- ! Love is a tricky thing, I feel like if I liked somebody (well, started too!), but they told me that I should go after somebody else that it's somewhat of a rejection, yeah?

I feel like being a 'mother' and being a 'wife' is very different, kind of like the metaphore of Ryuuji being a 'father' and not a 'husband' --

The klutz thing is based of what she stated, I'm just quoting Taiga >:

I think the whole plot so far was about the three girls -- Just my adaptation though!! I think that while we know the feelings of all of the three girls (who all like Ryuuji) we really don't know who Ryuuji likes!! (Besides Minorin (1st episode) -- and kind of Taiga..but that was only in the past 3 episodes) It seems everyone developed more character-wise than Ryuuji -- he's still the same as before. That's all I meant >:

Feb 13, 2009 11:01 AM

Feb 2009
Okay, I just had to post to say...

What is with the people who are so against RyuujixTaiga?

It makes no sense to me. It's the most obvious pairing because it's the most realistic pairing, and to do something else just for the sake of doing something else (and no other reason besides, as far as I can tell) is not going to do the show any favors.

Now, that aside, this was a beautiful episode. The party, Taiga's joy at seeing santa, her subconscious realization of what exactly she had done, Ryuuji's fainting... all wonderfully executed. I nearly cried when Taiga's tears began dropping.

Even better is the fact that there's still five or six more episodes to go, so things aren't so clear-cut just yet. Really looking forward to more.
Feb 13, 2009 11:15 AM
Oct 2008
Zyrusticae said:

It makes no sense to me. It's the most obvious pairing because it's the most realistic pairing, and to do something else just for the sake of doing something else (and no other reason besides, as far as I can tell) is not going to do the show any favors.

Now, that aside, this was a beautiful episode. The party, Taiga's joy at seeing santa, her subconscious realization of what exactly she had done, Ryuuji's fainting... all wonderfully executed. I nearly cried when Taiga's tears began dropping.

Even better is the fact that there's still five or six more episodes to go, so things aren't so clear-cut just yet. Really looking forward to more.

I think Ryuuji just did the dramatic fall backwards, that I see in a lot of anime -- but everyone thinks he fainted?

I guess we'll have to wait and see!!

But I agree, the whole anime was about RyuujixTaiga (I mean, ToraxDora) but it was sooo good that it lead us to stray otherwise!
Feb 13, 2009 11:22 AM
Nov 2008
OMG..so this wa sone of the BEST..the scene with taiga and ami singing was awesome..and the part with ryuuji and taiga..and taiga realising this..was very emotional..i really loved it..i really hope taiga and ryuuji end up together...personally..i'm glad that kushieda is out of the way
Feb 13, 2009 11:28 AM

Aug 2008
Lulu-san said:
A troll will be always a troll.
Not everyone likes lumps of cliches and predictable plot so kindly shut up.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 13, 2009 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
I think Ami looked the best in this episode, Taiga was a close second. Ryuuji looked like Kitano from Angel Densetsu in his suit. Kinda saw this coming for awhile, but sad to see Minorin have to sacrifice her own heart. Although, plenty of show left so who knows what they'll throw our way...
Feb 13, 2009 11:43 AM

Apr 2007
DaBigD said:
One word: Pedobear!

This.

Also, saa xmas.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 13, 2009 11:48 AM

Jun 2008
I had to pause and laugh when they started singing. It's the first time this show has done anything so stupid that I had to do that.

EDIT: Finished the episode; I guess I saw that coming, but it ended up making things a lot more complicated.
GrmoFeb 13, 2009 12:04 PM
Feb 13, 2009 12:12 PM

Oct 2008
Lulu-san said:
Antanaru said:
Well, there are still 6 episodes for Taiga to die. There is still chance for better ending. And who said Taiga was sexy? Crap, I've just completed CG R2 and character design in TD still makes me puke.

Just because someone have a different opinion than the most, or most likely to say, than YOU, it doesn't make him/her a troll... saying that you just made a so called "troll" of yourself. Congrats.

And so to not make it an offtop: I didn't like that episode, too. The part with the singing was totaly out of the picture, just like entire 13th episode. And those gross haircuts... But, of course, the most horrifing was the episode's final... man, really, either they are slowly telling us to don't have high hopes, or want to make a huge surprise in the end. Let's hope for the latter.
Feb 13, 2009 12:27 PM

Sep 2007
Haircuts were groos, but song was really good.
Feb 13, 2009 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
Really nice episode, one of those that reminded me how good this series really is. Also nice with progress in the plot, but poor, poor Taiga. I hope everything workes out for her and takasu

And Ryuuji in suit, more of that please~

"One day, we'll set out to sea! And live our lives the way we want!!" - Ace to Luffy, both chasers of dreams
Feb 13, 2009 12:34 PM
Mar 2008
Thank god Minorin's arc is done. I was tired of her.

While Taiga may be the obvious end, at this point in the anime it's way better then either of the two other options...

But i'm still a supporter of Ryuuji dressing up like yakuza, and start dating his mom. She's a babe.
Feb 13, 2009 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
I hope Minorin will become happy again, like she was when she thought Taiga and Ryuuji were together. It sounds like she will, from the preview.

*Sigh to Taiga. Oh how I love her. 6 more episodes - I'm sure gonna be sad when this is over - maybe even more sad than I was when Kimikiss ended.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Feb 13, 2009 1:14 PM

May 2007
Damn it. Those two talking about Kitamura's cloths just made me lose the game.

Bladin said:
1.Thank god Minorin's arc is done. I was tired of her.

2.While Taiga may be the obvious end, at this point in the anime it's way better then either of the two other options...

3.But i'm still a supporter of Ryuuji dressing up like yakuza, and start dating his mom. She's a babe.

1. So true.
2. Maybe better then the Minorin x Ryuuji, but deffinitly not better then Ryuuji x Ami
3. Man, thats really sick.

It felt so weird Taiga and Ami dressed like that. Cute non the less

I loled so hard when Kitamura said "Then am I hot, but cute!"
It was so wrong that i feel bad at myself for laughting at that.
Ryuuji's expressions was priceless as well.

I'm glad i this episode didn't air before christmass. It would surely ruin my christmass.

Thank god toradora doesn't have pantyshots. It would deffinitly kill moments like 15:43.
Too bad my perverted mind made me the favor of remembering it, and killing the moment.

I take back what i said bout the Predictable ending killing this series.
I was so wrong....

Though an Ami x Ryuuji would be as Awesome as Taiga x Ryuuji

Ryuuji is a genius.
I couldn't get what that nut was saying when she was rejecting him.
Though atleast i was right bout Minorin backing off for taiga's sake.

This arc is the finishing blow against all other possible endings.
After all, they (producers) wouldn't make Minorin back off for Taiga when Takasu is going for Ami. you all know that.

I can grasp that in the end Ami is going to travel to a far away country, just like Kanon, minorin will still be a nut, and taiga and ryuuji will be happy ever. end.
dang.

Well, I'M STILL IN DENIAL! Takasu x Ami FTW!

Edit:

superman89 said:
I think Ami looked the best in this episode, Taiga was a close second. Ryuuji looked like Kitano from Angel Densetsu in his suit. Kinda saw this coming for awhile, but sad to see Minorin have to sacrifice her own heart. Although, plenty of show left so who knows what they'll throw our way...
THIS!
RyushiFeb 13, 2009 1:17 PM
Feb 13, 2009 1:18 PM

Nov 2008
Zyrusticae said:

I couldn't and I mean really couldn't agree with you more. I did cry when Taiga started crying...I'm a basket case when women I like cry on tv and I react in kind. So far Taig was definitely able to do what so far only Ariel Lin has done and that has made me break down miserably. Oy...my nose are stuffed as I speak.

le3ech said:
vaberella said:
something really long >:

I just meant that when Taiga 'rejected' him, is because she forced minorin on him!! Making him leave her house so he could confess!! It seems like he wanted to stay, but she kicked him out !!

I take her running after him as a sign of 'regret' meaning, she didn't want him to leave but forced him anyways -- ! Love is a tricky thing, I feel like if I liked somebody (well, started too!), but they told me that I should go after somebody else that it's somewhat of a rejection, yeah?

I feel like being a 'mother' and being a 'wife' is very different, kind of like the metaphore of Ryuuji being a 'father' and not a 'husband' --

The klutz thing is based of what she stated, I'm just quoting Taiga >:

I think the whole plot so far was about the three girls -- Just my adaptation though!! I think that while we know the feelings of all of the three girls (who all like Ryuuji) we really don't know who Ryuuji likes!! (Besides Minorin (1st episode) -- and kind of Taiga..but that was only in the past 3 episodes) It seems everyone developed more character-wise than Ryuuji -- he's still the same as before. That's all I meant >:

First paragraph: Well keep in mind that Taiga was supposed to be helping him pair up with Minorin. This was a chance and she didn't want him to miss it. There had been a lot of times Taiga set something up for him and he's sacrificed it to be with her. She didn't want that especially at Christmas since she wanted that to be her gift to him, Minorin's heart basically. I don't know if I read that as rejection. I just read that as a friend not having her closest friend pass up a big chance he's been waiting for a long time. You implied in your post that Ryuuji was confessing to Taiga. I disagreed or really asked where that was seen.

Second paragraph: Well we don't know if Ryuuji was starting to like Taiga. Or I should say we don't know how much or really the extent of his feelings. We know Taiga's but not his too much. We see the lingering doubts and the moments where he pauses in his feelings but as for something definitive like Taiga's we haven't seen that yet. So I don't see that as a rejection. Well I can't see it as such because Taiga clearly said she wanted him to go after Minorin.

Third paragraph: Mother and wife are very different? I'm not sure I understand your perspective but keep in mind I was a bit frazzeled by Ami's statement and didn't fully agree with her view; particularly since she's not in the "know" as to the "ins" and "outs" of Ryuuji and Taiga's relationship. So I felt she was a bit skewed. But I'm not sure your train of thought though.

Fourth statement: You're quoting Taiga episodes ago when she was talking about Kitamura. However, Taiga has also said what she is like with Ryuuji is completely diferent. She said it before the swimming competition, she implied it at the swimming competition she said it at the Beach house and on and on. When she is with Kitamura she's a klutz and makes mistakes. However when she's with Ryuuji we see her actions and attitude is very different from whenever she is around Kitamura.

Fifth paragraph: I have to disagree. Basically the story revolves around Ryuuji and no one else. I find that Ryuuji is actually developed in the way he handles each women's emotions, his relationship with each women and those around him, and his move from being a rather overbearing carebear to actually just being supportive and caring. I always felt early on that Ryuuji is just a laid back kind of guy. I also got the feeling, and without his even knowing it, that all he ever wanted to do with Minorin or for Minorin he's done and is doing with Taiga. He goes shopping with Taiga, he makes food for Taiga, he is always by Taiga's side, he sews Taiga's clothes. This is my problem with Ami's statement. This is not the lines of a father per say to a child, because if we back track to the first or second episode majority of what he said he was planning and wanted to with Minorin he's done with Taiga and more. I think this is also why Ryuuji was so happy and didn't understand his emotions when Taiga said "he was hers".

I do agree that we're not too sure about where Ryuuji's feelings may be (yet) but I think he's going to go through the same "epiphany" as Taiga and really see the full extent of his feelings.

Bladin said:
Thank god Minorin's arc is done. I was tired of her.

While Taiga may be the obvious end, at this point in the anime it's way better then either of the two other options...

But i'm still a supporter of Ryuuji dressing up like yakuza, and start dating his mom. She's a babe.

I'm more into Ami or Taiga...but his mom ain't bad...a bit incestuous but they could always work around that. ^_^ On everything else I agree---Minorin's "sort of" arc couldn't end fast enough, well with Minorin, everyone else was great. I hope his dad comes back. It would be interesting if they extended the story we got to meet Ryuuji's family. It's interesting to find out that Ya-chan's parents might still be alive and that Ryuuji's dad might still be alive too.
Feb 13, 2009 1:29 PM

May 2007
Maybe i'm wrong, but wasn't it stated that his dad died or something?

Thinking bout it, i don't remeber anything about his dad being dead.
Maybe that might be used if the next episodes become something like an Takasu Arc.
Which seems pretty much possible to me.

Though i think the staff wouldn't use twice the "dad's back home".
It would kind of become boring.

Indeed Ryuuji's feelings still are a mistery, though like i said before,
Ryushi said:
This arc is the finishing blow against all other possible endings.
After all, they (producers) wouldn't make Minorin back off for Taiga when Takasu is going for Ami. you all know that.

DaBigD said:
On a side note, I'll love this show if they can bring Ryuuji and Ami together through a plot-twist.
I would deffinitly love that. Though that seems as possible as Key releasing Kyou After... -__-"
Feb 13, 2009 1:31 PM

Jun 2008
Bladin said:

I agree

I used to hate the Ryuuji x Taiga pairing too but this episode changed my mind. that ending will be fine with me now (:
Feb 13, 2009 1:38 PM
Dec 2008
and the super de-duper drama unfolds!
epic Ep imho but that was kinda depressing...
cant wait for this series to end though... i wanna see the ending so bad omg
Feb 13, 2009 1:54 PM

Dec 2008
I don't think it was "epic" but it was very good. A lot of drama. It's sort of strange watching this while its almost valentines day, but it's alright :] And, does anyone think that Taiga looks the best in this anime besides me?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Feb 13, 2009 2:10 PM

Sep 2007
That was just BS. Typical that the one girl Ryuuji likes is the one who rejects him. Maybe Minori isn't the right girl for him?

I Lol'd during the whole pedobear-santa sequence. Sorry, it was so cute, yet it felt so wrong.

Feb 13, 2009 2:21 PM

Feb 2009
Rudgald said:
Lulu-san said:
Antanaru said:
Well, there are still 6 episodes for Taiga to die. There is still chance for better ending. And who said Taiga was sexy? Crap, I've just completed CG R2 and character design in TD still makes me puke.

Just because someone have a different opinion than the most, or most likely to say, than YOU, it doesn't make him/her a troll... saying that you just made a so called "troll" of yourself. Congrats.

And so to not make it an offtop: I didn't like that episode, too. The part with the singing was totaly out of the picture, just like entire 13th episode. And those gross haircuts... But, of course, the most horrifing was the episode's final... man, really, either they are slowly telling us to don't have high hopes, or want to make a huge surprise in the end. Let's hope for the latter.

-Offtopic:
First of all, there's such a thing as being courteous. Not only was his language rather harsh, but he does not bother backing up his opinion in any way.

Secondly, please avoid use of the first person plural when you're expressing your own opinion. I can't make you do this, obviously, and you're entirely free to ignore my request, but I personally can't stand it when people use "we" and assume that a whole host of others are automatically agreeing with them. It's just arrogant. Same thing with using the "royal we", for that matter...

-Ontopic: What exactly are you looking for in your hypothetical perfect ending, anyway? I don't get you people, honestly...
Feb 13, 2009 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
I'm sorry, but I didn't like this episode. I didn't think that Taiga was just start crying and then chase after Ryuuji so quickly. A lot of the developments felt rushed. Maruo is really liking the crazy pants he's been wearing for the past few episodes, but seeing his crazy santa outfit was fine by me.

In the end though. I just don't know. We're going to spend the rest of the show having Ryuuji recognize his feelings for Taiga? Poor Ami. I even felt a little bad for Minori too.

PS: Did anyone else think Ryuuji looked like someone's father with the suit and hair? I know I did.
Feb 13, 2009 2:48 PM

Nov 2008
Zyrusticae said:

-Ontopic: What exactly are you looking for in your hypothetical perfect ending, anyway? I don't get you people, honestly...

nothing really, people just like to moan...about every single finical detail.

'OMG, they totally missed drawing in a shoelace in frame 109' >.>
Feb 13, 2009 2:50 PM
Dec 2008
This was a nice episode. And I agree with the person who said they really should of kept their eyes closed when singing. Especially Ami. She looked kind of weird when she sang.

soulelle said:
vaberella said:
soulelle said:
vaberella said:
soulelle said:
Kushieda's out

What do you mean?

I mean she's out of fight for that slicked-back-hair-and-red-shirt guy celebrity! xDDD

I still don't get it. I'm not too quick on the uptake ever since I saw Ryuuji...could you break it down for me please?! Cause I'm wondering how she's out of fight when she's still rejecting.

ok, my bad, didn't put the "fight" in the quotation marks. It's like she's out of the game, out of the show, out of Ryuuji's life as a girlfriend/bride/wife or whatevah - Ryuuji won't end up with her because she prefers not to see his UFOs and ghosts.

vaberella said:
soulelle said:
vaberella said:
and once again Minorin rejected?! What is that? I think that is no.8 in her rejection of Ryuuji. That boy is a glutton for punishment....he should stay with Taiga, she'd accept him and punish him all he wants.

Actually it's the first time she turns him down when she knows for sure Taiga's true feelings

It doesn't matter. She's been rejecting him when she was unsure of Taiga's feelings...so its irrelevant if she's rejecting him AFTER knowing the truth. She's evil and he's a glutton for punishment (a hot glutton, though).

In previous episodes' discussion there were a lot of guesses and misunderstandings Why Minorin behaves weird, why doesn't she confess, why, why, why, and why. Now we can see her true reasons. She intentionally went to Taiga's home before going to the party. And her intuition was correct - she wanted a confirmation of Taiga's feelings and she found the proofs. She found out how sincerely Taiga loves Ryuuji, she confirmed to herself that Taiga needs Ryuuji much.. much more. Furthermore, I believe she guesses Ryuuji's true feelings for Taiga as well.
That's why Minorin goes to Ryuuji and finally says 'NO', metaphorically but directly. And what's more important, it's the first time Takasu-kun realized he was rejected by his crush before he could ever say a word to her. So that's why Kushieda's out.

I think Taiga and Ryuuji are cute together, but I'm staying true to MinorinxRyuuji. And nobody can really say yet that "It was confirmed that Taiga really does love Ryuuji" because we don't know that yet. It could of been love, or she could of been sad about losing someone who's been by her side, just like they keep saying about Taiga (Like how Ryuuji always says that she's never had someone to stay with her and how Taiga says her family deserted her and stuff). I felt really bad for Minorin also though. Especially when she saw Taiga. Because she saw her best friend crying, and because Tiaga was calling out Ryuuji's name (again, she might not love him, but Minorin will definately think that now). And no, Minorin isn't exactly 'out of the fight', because they can't just make her a major love interest and center a lot of episode towards her and then just make her say "I don't wanna see UFOs anymore" and make that mean that her and Ryuuji are done. It's definately not over with her. Especially since the next episode shows her being cheerful again, which obviously means she's trying to be happy for Taiga.

If the ending ends like I'm thinking it will, then this is how it would: Taiga will confront Minorin (probably crying) about Ryuuji and tell her to go with him. Then Minori will say that she knows Taiga loves him. And Taiga will say that she just doesn't wanna lose anyone. Then everyone will go up to Taiga and say they're all there for her. Minorin and Ryuuji will get together. And (sorry to Ami fans) but since Ami obviously won't get Ryuuji, she'll probably just be to the side all like "It ended how it was supposed to." and then Ami and that orange haired girl will end up with Ryuuji's friends.

But I could be wrong. Anyways, I have no idea why people are thinking of dropping this show. It's getting really good. Actually, I have no idea why anyone would ever drop a show after watching 19 eps. with only 5 or 6 more to go. Especially the babies who always drop a show right before the last episode because it's not gonna end how they want it to. Boo hoo.
Feb 13, 2009 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
kameko14 said:

I think Taiga and Ryuuji are cute together, but I'm staying true to MinorinxRyuuji.

Well....you've always got the doujinshi if it doesn't ;)

Yeaahh for Taiga
Feb 13, 2009 2:56 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode Ryuuji looking all gangster and Taiga's breakdown.
Ryuuji X Taiga FTW
Feb 13, 2009 2:56 PM
Dec 2008
noteDhero said:

PS: Did anyone else think Ryuuji looked like someone's father with the suit and hair? I know I did.

No, but his hair looked exactly like Hidan's from Shippuden.
Feb 13, 2009 2:59 PM
Dec 2008
smathels said:
kameko14 said:

I think Taiga and Ryuuji are cute together, but I'm staying true to MinorinxRyuuji.

Well....you've always got the doujinshi if it doesn't ;)

Yeaahh for Taiga

Nahh :P I prefer the how an anime really ends then things that fans make.

Ryuuji X Minorin FTW
Feb 13, 2009 2:59 PM

May 2007
@kameko14
I understand your feeling. But you are just in denial.
Just like me with Ami x Ryuuji.

what you stated is possible, but deffinitly not probable.

No, really.
Besides, its as vambrella soulelle said.
It's like she's out of the game, out of the show, out of Ryuuji's life as a girlfriend/bride/wife or whatevah
Feb 13, 2009 3:02 PM

Nov 2008
the only thing i do know is that Minorin kisses someone later on, though i really don't know who it is

anyone interested
buzz buzz
Feb 13, 2009 3:08 PM
Dec 2008
Ryushi said:
@kameko14
I understand your feeling. But you are just in denial.
Just like me with Ami x Ryuuji.

what you stated is possible, but deffinitly not probable.

No, really.
Besides, its as vambrella soulelle said.
It's like she's out of the game, out of the show, out of Ryuuji's life as a girlfriend/bride/wife or whatevah

Hmm.. I don't think I'm in denial :/ Just high hopes is all. Now Denial is like the people who think Tomoya will still end up with Tomoyo in Clannad. Not to be mean or anything, but Minorin has a waaaay better chance then Ami. We'll just have to wait and see though.

smathels said:
the only thing i do know is that Minorin kisses someone later on, though i really don't know who it is

anyone interested
buzz buzz

For reals? How do you know this?
Feb 13, 2009 3:15 PM

May 2007
kameko14 said:
Now Denial is like the people who think Tomoya will still end up with Tomoyo in Clannad.
Thats why they got tomoyo After. Denial is Tomoya x Kyou. (Me again xD)

kameko14 said:
Not to be mean or anything, but Minorin has a waaaay better chance then Ami.
That is mean. lol Who cares bout being mean.
For me its all Ami. Like i said before, i hate minorin.That didn't upset ya did it?
Don't worry bout it. ^^

Hey, why do ya find Minorin so awesome?
I find her rather childish, annoying and somewhat dumb. (Though some of her jokes really are funny.)

kameko14 said:
We'll just have to wait and see though.
But its fun to expeculate. Isn't it?

kameko14 said:
smathels said:

anyone interested
buzz buzz

Indeed.
Feb 13, 2009 3:16 PM

May 2007
noteDhero said:
I'm sorry, but I didn't like this episode. I didn't think that Taiga was just start crying and then chase after Ryuuji so quickly. A lot of the developments felt rushed. Maruo is really liking the crazy pants he's been wearing for the past few episodes, but seeing his crazy santa outfit was fine by me.

In the end though. I just don't know. We're going to spend the rest of the show having Ryuuji recognize his feelings for Taiga? Poor Ami. I even felt a little bad for Minori too.

Actually, he looked like some mafia underling to me. But that's besides the point.

To be honest, the singing was horrible in this episode - like nails scratched against a chalkboard and I really did not how Ami's and Taiga's hair was done. Just didn't sit well with me.

And I do agree with your assessment of the episode itself. Things felt rushed a bit, though I do understand Taiga running after Ryuuji so suddenly...as she's someone who acts on impulse rather than logical thinking most of the time. The episodes preceding this one were done magnificently and they really set themselves up for some good stuff, but kind of lost some of that charm in this episode. Still, the problem still remains is how exactly does Ami actually fit into the whole picture. It's obvious Ryuuji hasn't developed feelings for her. *Shrugs* It'll be something to look forward to as I'm sure Ami's arc is on the way.
Feb 13, 2009 3:20 PM

May 2007
vindemon64 said:
It's obvious Ryuuji hasn't developed feelings for her. *Shrugs* It'll be something to look forward to as I'm sure Ami's arc is on the way.

Maybe Ami's arc is on the way, but probably after takasu's arc.
Which probably is the next one.

Though i guess whe are missing one thing.
There still 3 possible arcs here.
Takasu's, Ami's and the final one (probably) Taiga's

About Takasu's feelings for Ami, i can't agree more.
Its like they were never there.
They atre friends, and probably staying like this. saddly enough
Feb 13, 2009 3:23 PM

Nov 2008
kameko14 said:

smathels said:

anyone interested
buzz buzz

crap i knew it was funny i got my info from the spin-off sorry :P
Feb 13, 2009 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
@ Ryushi, I just noticed your avatar. I almost spit my pop on my monitor, just too darn funny. Classic movie btw...lol
Feb 13, 2009 3:35 PM
Dec 2008
Oh yea, Kyou is what I really ment. I can just never remember her name. :P And I think her and Sunohara belong together. But anyways...

It's just as you said, Minorin is really funny sometimes. I don't really know what I like about her. I guess I just always like the character who's caught in the middle of everything. And in the last couple episodes, I kind of find Taiga to be the annoying one. She's 17 for crying out loud. That voice she makes when she's happy is a little too over the edge. First she was all loud-mouthed and
tsundere, and now she's all cutesy and nice. I kind of got chills whenever Taiga would act like that. She needs to go back to normal. Minorin however, can't exactly just go back to being happy like Taiga can go back to being short tempered. Too much has happened for her to go back to being hyper like it looks like she is in the next ep preview.
Feb 13, 2009 3:39 PM

May 2007
superman89 said:
@ Ryushi, I just noticed your avatar. I almost spit my pop on my monitor, just too darn funny. Classic movie btw...lol
lmao Thanks. I guess. lol

@kameko14 Did ya play the game? It would be at least funny, but i wouldn't like much that. Tomoya x Kyou is better. (Things are getting a bit way too off topic ain't them? Well, it ain't me the one to put back on toipic... lol)
I kind of understand your liking. It was like me in the first episodes. Though i ended up hating her lately.

About taiga's voice, i gave up on worrying bout that.
You see, the characters in this series are already realistic, thats like the limit for an anime. Be grateful for that. lol

How much is the spin-off related to the actual series?
RyushiFeb 13, 2009 3:44 PM
Feb 13, 2009 3:43 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:

It was most definitely rushed. I had mentioned that in an earlier post noteDhero, I put it down to compression problems. This is why it's so hard to transfer let's say what happens in the novels to the anime properly. They're fumbling something that takes 3-4 chapters and maybe several volumes to happen within about 16 minutes....impossible really and it's bad for those who are viewing. I think I liked it because I am running through the novel. So it wasn't as jarring for me to see...

I loved that Ryuuji was dressed that way. He definitely looked more mobster for me than someone's dad. Very debonair...but I'm all about men dressing like that.

-shadow- said:
I liked this episode Ryuuji looking all gangster and Taiga's breakdown.
Ryuuji X Taiga FTW

I agree but what does FTW mean? I'm bad with netizen-nyms...

smathels said:

anyone interested
buzz buzz

Hey no way...well okay maybe a little, pm me. ^_^

smathels said:
kameko14 said:

smathels said:

anyone interested
buzz buzz

crap i knew it was funny i got my info from the spin-off sorry :P

I don't mind knowing.
PM me please.

** Now off I go to watch 5 more hours of CSPAN and 3 hours of Parliament...God I love politics.
Feb 13, 2009 3:44 PM

Mar 2008
smathels said:

aren't you talking about this, I wonder
Feb 13, 2009 3:46 PM

Nov 2008
soulelle said:
smathels said:

Wait is that Minorin?
Let me know Soulelle.
Feb 13, 2009 3:46 PM

May 2007
soulelle said:
smathels said:

For christ's sake, that ain't minorin! Thats the main girl from th spin off. Check the cover and you will see it!
Feb 13, 2009 3:49 PM

Nov 2008
Ryushi said:
soulelle said:
smathels said:

For christ's sake, that ain't minorin! Thats the main girl from th spin off. Check the cover and you will see it!

Yeah...I thought that was the case. It's

Thanks Ryushi for the clarification. I had seen a bit of the spin-off already.
Feb 13, 2009 3:51 PM
Dec 2008
soulelle said:
smathels said:

Cool, where'd you find that? But are you sure it's Minori? It sort of looks like that other pink haired girl and her boyfriend. But if it is Minorin, then that's definately Ryuuji's hair :)
Feb 13, 2009 3:52 PM

Mar 2008
Ryushi said:
soulelle said:
smathels said:

sorry, but it's the only kissing spoiler I can see in both spin-offs ^^
and whoaaa!!!!! I just read the spoiler for the volume 9 of the novel (approx. eps 22-23 in the anime)...
Feb 13, 2009 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
Ryushi said:
soulelle said:
smathels said:

ya can't blame me though at that angle how'm i to tell >>

i did think she was more endowed though
Feb 13, 2009 3:55 PM

May 2007
soulelle said:
I just read the spoiler for the volume 9 of the novel (approx. eps 22-23 in the anime)...
That might kill off the whole series for you... You need to hold more your curiosity man.
smathels said:
i did think she was more endowed though
This made me lol.
Feb 13, 2009 3:59 PM

Mar 2008
kameko14 said:

Cool, where'd you find that?

kameko14 said:

But if it is Minorin, then that's definately Ryuuji's hair :)

or.. no-glasses Kitamura? lol ^^

Ryushi said:
That might kill off the whole series for you... You need to hold more your curiosity man.

it already hasn't :P and I'd belived it wouldn't since it's Toradora! ^^
soulelleFeb 13, 2009 4:03 PM
Feb 13, 2009 4:02 PM

Nov 2008
Ryushi said:
soulelle said:
I just read the spoiler for the volume 9 of the novel (approx. eps 22-23 in the anime)...

To be honest. The anime people spoil the novel readers more. I know way too many novel readers who do their best to stay away from the anime viewers because the anime is moving faster than the novel---mainly for those who are waiting for the subs like myself. Of course for the ones who know how to read Japanese that's something else. Those of us who found Korean easier to learn, need the English help so it doesn't work that way.

And anyway...the anime might be a bit ahead or on the same line as the final volume release of the anime. But anime would spoil me before the novel translation comes out.

I find the novel clarifies a lot of what I see in the anime---it's much clearer since you spend a lot of time inside the heads of the characters with no need for speculation.
vaberellaFeb 13, 2009 4:06 PM
Feb 13, 2009 4:05 PM

Nov 2008
yeah considering the light novel is still continuing, though the way it looks it may only go up to vol 10...who knows
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.