Sentai Filmworks:
Maiden Japan:
NIS America:
FUNimation:
MVM Entertainment:
Manga Entertainment:
Anime Limited:
Madman Entertainment:
  • Karneval (TV) - To be released on DVD and BD in August 2014.
  • Binbougami ga! (Good Luck Girl!) - To be released on DVD and BD in March 2014.

Discotek Media:
This post will be continuously updated as more licenses are announced.

Sources:
Sentai Filmworks: Diabolik Lovers, Golden Time, IS: Infinite Stratos 2, Kyoukai no Kanata, Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - Shukuteki! Rätsel-hen, Outbreak Company, Time Bokan Oudou Fukko, Non Non Biyori, Meganebu!, Little Busters!: Refrain, Log Horizon, Fushigi no Umi no Nadia, Familiar of Zero 1

Maiden Japan: Myself ; Yourself

NIS America: Working'!!, Uchouten Kazoku, Nagi no Asukara

FUNimation: Space☆Dandy, Eureka Seven, The Devil is a Part-Timer!, Hetalia: The Beautiful World, and Senran Kagura, A Certain Magical Index 2 and Movie

MVM Entertainment: IS: Infinite Stratos, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia & Btooom!, Ikkitouse: Great Guardians & Xtreme Xecutor, Night Raid & Girls und Panzer, Hakuouki, Campione! & Zero no Tsukaima, Shinsekai yori

Manga Entertainment: All via UK Anime Network, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT, The Devil is a Part-Timer!, High School DxD, Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero

Anime Limited: Samurai Flamenco, Patema Inverted, Space Dandy, Hal and Escaflowne

Madman: Karneval & Binbougami ga!

Discotek: DNA², Lupin III: Bye Bye Liberty Crisis, Dragon Half, Fatal Fury
VindstotDec 3, 2023 12:17 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 6, 2013 9:32 PM

Jun 2008
An explanation: Some of you may have noticed licenses haven't been posted for a long time. The news staff had decided that the excessive posting of low-profile licenses was useless and only serving to clog up news space with topics few people read or posted in. We proposed various ideas on how to handle getting the information out effectively, and after some discussion (and maybe some laziness) we came to this conclusion. For those familiar with the quarterly simulcast list, this topic will be very similar to that one. I'll add in new licenses to the first post as they come and, if necessary, make a new post about it.

Feel free to ask questions or give suggestions and this is a new idea starting now for the first time and not expected to be perfect.
Oct 6, 2013 10:24 PM

Jun 2009
won't these posts get baried unless there a pinned post ?
Oct 6, 2013 10:28 PM

Jun 2008
That's why I'll bump it for everything new.
Oct 6, 2013 10:52 PM

Aug 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
That's why I'll bump it for everything new.

Seems logical to me. Thumbs up here.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Oct 6, 2013 11:50 PM

Nov 2012
I've actually been waiting for these threads to pop up.
Oct 7, 2013 12:16 AM

Nov 2011
Unit-01 said:
I've actually been waiting for these threads to pop up.

Same thought here. I'll keep an eye on this. Could be quite useful for future uses like the FAL game.
Oct 7, 2013 12:51 AM

Mar 2012
Kill la Kill was already announced to be licensed by Aniplex of America just so u know
Oct 7, 2013 1:27 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
This will be a very handy post. Thank you!
Oct 7, 2013 5:00 AM

Mar 2013
PLEASE Sentai, give us Infinite Stratos 2!! (If it actually ends up being decent in the rest of the season)
Oct 7, 2013 6:15 AM

Jun 2013
This topic comes in handy at some point for me.
Thanks!
Oct 7, 2013 6:27 AM
May 2012
I can't buy anything =_=
Oct 7, 2013 8:03 AM

Oct 2011
OMG!!!! Great news

Bluballz said:
PLEASE Sentai, give us Infinite Stratos 2!! (If it actually ends up being decent in the rest of the season)

They will license this series. Since the first season did well. I have a feeling I know what series they will take and what other companies will take too.

-ShadowClaw- said:
Kill la Kill was already announced to be licensed by Aniplex of America just so u know

knew they would get this series. Dat Gurren Lagann feel.
Oct 7, 2013 8:17 AM

Aug 2011
Misogynistic Lovers? Really Sentai?
Oct 7, 2013 8:46 AM

Dec 2011
Couple of questions:
- will this still be used for announcements made months or even years after the season ends?
- are licenses by non-American companies welcome in these threads as well or not?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 7, 2013 9:11 AM

Nov 2008
will only watch maybe golden time
Oct 7, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2011
i hope someone picks up white album 2 ._.
Oct 7, 2013 10:33 AM

Apr 2011
Funimation has the rights to:

Freezing Vibration (Fuck yeah)

Tokyo Ravens

BlazBlue: Alter Memory

Unbreakable Machine Doll

Link: http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2237
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 7, 2013 11:21 AM

Oct 2011
HungLikeaZombie said:
Funimation has the rights to:

Freezing Vibration (Fuck yeah)

Tokyo Ravens

BlazBlue: Alter Memory

Unbreakable Machine Doll

Animefan500 said:

Whoa didn't expect them to get BlazBlue but the other choices were correct.
Oct 7, 2013 12:42 PM
Mar 2012
Infinite Stratos 2 licensed:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-07/sentai-filmworks-adds-infinite-stratos-2-anime

As to the Funi ones, those are just streaming rights at the moment unless I am missing something.
Oct 7, 2013 1:34 PM

Apr 2011
AbZeroNow said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-07/sentai-filmworks-adds-infinite-stratos-2-anime

As to the Funi ones, those are just streaming rights at the moment unless I am missing something.

when a publisher get the rights to stream, they own the rights to sell it to.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 7, 2013 1:36 PM

Dec 2011
HungLikeaZombie said:
AbZeroNow said:

Not necessarily.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 7, 2013 1:38 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
If they don't license Little Busters: Refrain and EX, I'll be shocked.
Oct 7, 2013 1:39 PM

Dec 2007
There is a difference between streaming/digital rights and home video rights.

Notice with the Sentai announcement they specifically state they will release IS 2 on home video.
"ANN" said:
North American licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Monday that it has licensed the romantic-comedy/action anime Infinite Stratos 2. Sentai Filmworks will release the series on home video in 2014 after streaming the series "through select digital outlets.

Whereas with FUNimation there is no such statement.
"ANN" said:
North American anime distributor Funimation announced on Monday that it will stream the Freezing Vibration, Unbreakable Machine-Doll, Tokyo Ravens, and BlazBlue Alter Memory television anime series as they air in Japan.

This shows that likely FUNi has not picked up the home video rights (or does not want such knowledge public) for any of them.
Oct 7, 2013 3:10 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Meddigo said:

This shows that likely FUNi has not picked up the home video rights (or does not want such knowledge public) for any of them.

And to add on to that, Funi often will wait and see how well a show does with streaming before they decide whether to pick up the home video rights. When they do decide to pick up those rights, they'll announce it on their site, or sometimes at Funi's panels at conventions.
Oct 7, 2013 5:06 PM

Sep 2010
Sentai should have spent their money on getting gay swimmers and not on misogynist raping vampires. -__-

I'm going to be so pissed if they never pick up Free! cause it was the best anime last season and I'm really hoping that they do pick it up along with Kyoukai no Kanata since I really liked its first episode.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 7, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
Someone needs to pickup Free!, I need it on my DVD shelf. :|
Oct 7, 2013 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
Couple of questions:
- will this still be used for announcements made months or even years after the season ends?
- are licenses by non-American companies welcome in these threads as well or not?

-Yes. This is for licenses announced within the 3-month time frame of any sort. If a 2005 anime gets licensed tomorrow, I'll add it in.
-Yes, though I might need help identifying these.
Oct 7, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2012
Numi said:
Meddigo said:

And to add on to that, Funi often will wait and see how well a show does with streaming before they decide whether to pick up the home video rights. When they do decide to pick up those rights, they'll announce it on their site, or sometimes at Funi's panels at conventions.
Funimation licensed Freezing season 1 for home video so I suspect that they will license Vibration as well. They only tend to pick up sequels these days for series that did well enough for them to get the home video rights of the first season.

The others, who knows, they may wait and see if there is demand first.

I think they lost out this year by NOT getting Symphogear G because they didn't bother to get home video rights for season 1; but I just happily imported volume 1 of G because it looks like no one will pick it up and even if they do, I'm not sure if they will include the soundtrack CDs which are half the reason why I got it, the music is so good (and is perhaps why it is troublesome to license in the first place).
Oct 7, 2013 6:06 PM

Jun 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
HungLikeaZombie said:
AbZeroNow said:

Not necessarily.

Precisely.

As FUNimation has only announced streaming rights so far, that stays in the simulcast list. When/if they add home video rights, that's when it gets put in this topic. They don't always get home video rights for the shows they stream.
Oct 8, 2013 12:52 AM

Dec 2007
Oct 8, 2013 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
Meddigo said:
Also should be added that Aniplex USA has Kill La Kill

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/aniplex-usa-adds-kill-la-kill-tv-anime

It may be airing now but the license was announced two months ago, which would mean it's not for this topic.
Oct 8, 2013 11:04 AM

Dec 2007
So just to clarify, this thread is NOT for currently airing fall shows that have been licensed, but rather any show that is licensed in in this quarter? So if a show that aired back in 2009 were to be licensed next weekend, it would go in this thread?
Oct 8, 2013 1:27 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
hpulley said:
Numi said:
Meddigo said:

Funimation licensed Freezing season 1 for home video so I suspect that they will license Vibration as well. They only tend to pick up sequels these days for series that did well enough for them to get the home video rights of the first season.

The others, who knows, they may wait and see if there is demand first.

I think they lost out this year by NOT getting Symphogear G because they didn't bother to get home video rights for season 1; but I just happily imported volume 1 of G because it looks like no one will pick it up and even if they do, I'm not sure if they will include the soundtrack CDs which are half the reason why I got it, the music is so good (and is perhaps why it is troublesome to license in the first place).

Yeah, it really depends. I often attend the Funi panels at a local convention I help staff, and they regularly get asked about second seasons to the shows they have picked up - like this past April I asked the Funi panelist about Railgun S and Index II home video rights, the direct sequels to two shows they have released on DVD/BD already, and they specifically said it depended on how well the streaming did.

I do expect Freezing to get home video rights in time, but it might not get announced right away. Who knows when?
Oct 8, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2008
Meddigo said:
So just to clarify, this thread is NOT for currently airing fall shows that have been licensed, but rather any show that is licensed in in this quarter? So if a show that aired back in 2009 were to be licensed next weekend, it would go in this thread?

Redfoxoffire said:
-Yes. This is for licenses announced within the 3-month time frame of any sort. If a 2005 anime gets licensed tomorrow, I'll add it in.
Oct 11, 2013 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
Sentai Films licensed Kyoukai no Kanata

Source: http://www.sentai-filmworks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=284:sentaifilmworkslicensesbeyondtheboundry&catid=71:press-releases&Itemid=64
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 12, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
QueenCythia said:
Couldn´t we also include Manga Licenses? (And Light Novels) Because it would be a lot easier and there has been some very big Announcements from Manga Publishers.

Since Vertical added Attack on Titan Before the fall light novels and In The Clohes named fat by Moyoco Anno.

Viz Media is also going to release Terra Formars, Ore Monogatari, Kuro Bara Alice, Battle Royale Angels Border, Time Killers and Owari no Seraph.

Kodansha also added Attack on Titan No Regrets spinoff and Attack on Titan: Junior High, UQ Holder and Nanatsu no Taizai.

We have a staff member for manga news and she's been contacted about this. It won't likely be in here, though. This topic will remain for only anime licenses.
Oct 14, 2013 5:42 PM

Jun 2008
Sentai has added Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - Shukuteki! Rätsel-hen (Phi-Brain - Puzzle of God Season 3).
Oct 14, 2013 11:11 PM

Mar 2013
Is there a thread for new licenses in general. For instance a company picks up a show for home video release that has already aired?
Oct 14, 2013 11:13 PM

Feb 2010
-ShadowClaw- said:
shit that's going to be expensive as hell on dvd o_o
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 14, 2013 11:30 PM

Jun 2008
Bluballz said:
Is there a thread for new licenses in general. For instance a company picks up a show for home video release that has already aired?

This is that thread.
Oct 15, 2013 3:40 PM
Mar 2012
Oct 15, 2013 6:46 PM

Jun 2008
AbZeroNow said:
NIS America has licensed season 2 of Working!!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-15/nisa-adds-2nd-season-of-wagnaria-anime

In addition, Sentai has Outbreak Company.
Oct 17, 2013 10:42 AM

Dec 2011
Allegedly, MVM entertainment uploaded a trailer for Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. However, it was quickly removed. The series has not yet been announced as having been licensed in the UK.

Disclaimer: I did not see the trailer before its removal.
Oct 18, 2013 1:04 AM
Sep 2012
I still hope we get a Licens thread for Manga soon.

On Topic: Leave Sentai to announce everything immediately.
Oct 18, 2013 4:28 PM

Jun 2012
QueenCythia said:
I still hope we get a Licens thread for Manga soon.

On Topic: Leave Sentai to announce everything immediately.

I wonder when Sentai will make their next cascade of announcements.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 24, 2013 6:23 AM

Dec 2011
New Title Announcements:

MVM has a whopping 11 new series to announce for Expo! One of those may have been sllightly leaked thanks to a certain trailer going live briefly on our Vimeo channel (well done if you spotted that!) but 2014 is already bursting with MVM anime goodness, and we have some real fan-favourites to announce!
Oct 24, 2013 10:35 AM
Oct 25, 2013 7:29 AM
Mar 2012
FUNimation has picked up the home video rights(as well as other rights) to the upcoming anime Space Dandy
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-25/space-dandy-to-run-on-tv-in-japan-n-america-asia-in-january
Oct 25, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2011
I have a feeling that Sentai licenses Nagi no Asukara. It's the perfect series for them.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manhwa 'True Beauty' Gets Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Nov 17, 2023

47 by nightjasmine »»
47 minutes ago

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

2 by n4ytcg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Trapezium' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

2 by Shirayukin »»
4 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Reveals Lead Cast, Production Staff, First Promo for Summer 2024

Vindstot - Yesterday

9 by mshfqtny »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Today

10 by DrHizzle »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.