Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2013 3:35 PM

Feb 2012
Yeeeeeee Murasakibara the monster finally appeared, he looks crazy af in the opening, and I fucking love it.

Great episode, can't wait for Winter Cup, let's go, get hyped.
Oct 5, 2013 3:45 PM

Nov 2007
Saturdays will be SPORTS SHOUNEN for the next six months. HnI, KnB and DnA! Woot!

Btw, just need to drop a comment about the episode. It was more than just OKAY! My Ready is Body. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 5, 2013 3:46 PM

Oct 2008
So happy this anime has returned, took me a bit to remember where the first season had left off since I keep up with the manga, but I remembered and oh I can't wait for all the events to come. That opening though, loved it and all the little hints of what's to come.

Yay, for Murasakibara and Himuro, love their voices. :D

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 5, 2013 3:47 PM
Nov 2012
Ahhh man i've been anticipating KnB S2 for so long OwO
That introduction was mindblowingly well done - hooray for Production I.G. They never fail to impress me. The engrish scenes cracked me up and Tetsuya #2 was cute as always o3o (specially with that broccoli scene)
I'm glad to see Murasakibara in the first episode, as well as Tatsuya. Nice to see some heated rivalry going in in the first episode.
Can't wait to see Akashi in action, too.

5/5
Oct 5, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
Great its back! I finnally watch it after waiting for months. I like the Opening and Ending I'm glad the artist are same as the first season.

that Murasakibara O.O...I want to watch more, cant wait for next sunday..:)
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Oct 5, 2013 3:55 PM

Nov 2007
Ah, and I think I should also mention the anime with one of the most blood rushing BGMs is back with this. Tatsuya's intro music was just a warming sign (yeah, you read it right WARMING not warning). :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 5, 2013 4:01 PM

Jan 2012
A great episode right from the start. Finally, the best show of the season has arrived.

Oct 5, 2013 4:01 PM
Aug 2013
great episode!!! cant wait to see more of murasakibara (and the alex and akashi hints so them too)
Oct 5, 2013 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
This was a bit disappointing, maybe my expectations were high. The animation in the beginning was really great, so fluid. The ending saved the episode. Looking forward to this ^^
Oct 5, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2010
wow how have i missed it :D amazing episode..the animation quality of the OP is insane!
Oct 5, 2013 4:31 PM

Aug 2011
Laughed my ass off at the Engrish. Dang, Murasakibara's finally gonna get some action!
Oct 5, 2013 4:31 PM

Mar 2013
damn that animation quality.... I know the opening was animated at a really amazingly but the whole seasons seemed to have leveled up in terms of budget o-o...
Oct 5, 2013 4:33 PM

Mar 2013
Anyways gonna start watching this now I'm having high hopes for this :3
Oct 5, 2013 4:43 PM

Jun 2013
I'm in love. I always love some Engrish in my anime, always entertaining. Even better that the "americans" seemed to drift in and out of australian accents. Loved when Kuroko interrupted since "I don't like when you're indecisive". Terrific first episode overall, I absolutely love Muraskibara.
Oct 5, 2013 4:48 PM

Jul 2009
CronaTheWeapon said:
I'm in love. I always love some Engrish in my anime, always entertaining. Even better that the "americans" seemed to drift in and out of australian accents. Loved when Kuroko interrupted since "I don't like when you're indecisive". Terrific first episode overall, I absolutely love Muraskibara.

They sounded more British than Australian to me. It was one of the only things I could think about through the whole episode because I found it really jarring.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Oct 5, 2013 4:58 PM

May 2012
That english.. But somehow some american side characters speak it fluently. But anyway, watched the OP for several times already because the animation is so damn awesome! I'm already satisfied just watching it...hehe. Can't wait how will that tall guy crush my beloved Kuroko..

Thank goodnes, KnB is finally back!
Oct 5, 2013 5:07 PM

Mar 2013
Well it was okay, but its probably going to pick up soon.
Oct 5, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
Well, it was a bit boring and also really gay. Seriously, what kind of man buy a ring to another man? Hope it'll pick up soon, the fast pacing was one of the strongest point in season 1.
Oct 5, 2013 5:37 PM

Jul 2010
FUCK YES.Both OP and ED are damn epic.Goosebumps everywhere.
I can already say after this 1 episode that artstyle and animation improved like hell.
IM SO HAPPY IT'S BACK.Now waiting weeks for new episodes will kill me.
Oct 5, 2013 5:37 PM

Feb 2010
SetsukoHara said:
Well, it was a bit boring and also really gay. Seriously, what kind of man buy a ring to another man? Hope it'll pick up soon, the fast pacing was one of the strongest point in season 1.

They were like 12 so they weren't men yet. I think it's legit.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 5, 2013 5:39 PM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
really gay. Seriously, what kind of man buy a ring to another man?

Not sure if serious e_e
Oct 5, 2013 5:47 PM

Jul 2010
tsudecimo said:
SetsukoHara said:
really gay. Seriously, what kind of man buy a ring to another man?

Not sure if serious e_e

Hopefully not.
Oct 5, 2013 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Was way to excited while watching this. Was good seeing everyone again. If every other series is crap this season I still have this one to look forward to =D
Oct 5, 2013 5:53 PM

Jan 2011
Fuck yeah it's back! was so happy when this got green lighted since lot of people were saying it wasn't gonna get a S2 last year

decent start with some back story for Tigia,but honestly all i could think about was how great that opening was the animation was on that next level shit
Oct 5, 2013 5:57 PM
Mar 2013
Sweet mother of god, that god damn OP and that god damn soundtrack. Gorgeous.
Oct 5, 2013 6:01 PM

May 2011
OP/ED are fucking great. Sexy Basketball is back, and with no ability to binge watch this, this is gonna be a hard season.
Oct 5, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
SetsukoHara said:

I do admit, it was slightly boring compared to my expectations but the amount of homo is pretty normal. LOL Buying rings is like girls giving each other friendship bracelets. Nothing too gay there, right?
Oct 5, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Lol the engrish made me cringe so hard. The new opening and ending are sounding pretty good and the animation for the opening looks simply phenomenal. As a manga reader I was curious about Murasakibara's voice and I gotta say it is unfitting for his appearance but at the same time it's very fitting considering his personality.
Oct 5, 2013 6:35 PM

Jul 2012
Nicobade said:
As a manga reader I was curious about Murasakibara's voice and I gotta say it is unfitting for his appearance but at the same time it's very fitting considering his personality.

I take it that you haven't watched the OVA (Tip Off) yet. You should :D
Oct 5, 2013 6:40 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder if the Yosen match will be covered in this season. It'll be thematically fitting to end the season with Yosen given this season opener. However, if the match is included, the season needs to cover 20 more chapters than last season. If the season ends before the match, it will cover 4 fewer chapters.

ami_ammorette said:
Is it just me or the animation is on a different level from the first season? The introduction is suspiciously perfectly animated.

Production I.G seems to provide more budget for season openers and the last 2 episodes. But I do feel that, given the blu-ray/dvd sales of the 1st season, and also the fact that the winter cup's matches are much more epic, this season's episodes will be generally better animated.

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaOct 6, 2013 2:00 AM
Oct 5, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2013
Torrible said:
I wonder if the Yosen match will be covered in this season. It'll be thematically fitting to end with the season with Yosen given this season opener. However, if the match is included, the season needs to cover 20 more chapters than last season. If the season ends before the match, it will cover 4 less chapters.

They will definitely cover Yosen considering they showed the match preview in the 1st season last episode, and introducing a character that won't play in a match this season is a little anticlimatic.
Oct 5, 2013 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
Nice, nice, nice.

I'm already getting excited for Yosen vs Seirin, even though I already read it before haha.
Oct 5, 2013 6:50 PM

Dec 2012
Damn I'm so glad to see it's back. The OP is seriously amazing, easily my favorite one this year. It was great to get a look back into Kagami's life in America, I had always wanted to see that back story. The story between him and Himuro is good too, looks like they finally get to put their rings on the line this time. It was funny when Murasakibara just put the candy bar on top of the ball, damn that guy is huge.

Also one thing that had been bothering me since season 1 was the whole idea of what would happen if Aomine, Murasaki, and Akashi's teams clashed in the Inter-High, but it's interesting to see that none of them played during those matches. I wonder if it's to keep their capabilities under the radar for the Winter Cup or even something else.

Great first episode, Saturday is going to be my favorite day for a long time.
Oct 5, 2013 6:54 PM

Sep 2013
SalmonSandwich said:
Torrible said:
I wonder if the Yosen match will be covered in this season. It'll be thematically fitting to end with the season with Yosen given this season opener. However, if the match is included, the season needs to cover 20 more chapters than last season. If the season ends before the match, it will cover 4 less chapters.

They will definitely cover Yosen considering they showed the match preview in the 1st season last episode, and introducing a character that won't play in a match this season is a little anticlimatic.

Fingers crossed, since that's the match I look forward to the most. Regarding the spoiler, that's pretty epic as well, but I doubt they will end the season with yet another match that Seirin isn't involved in. Of course I don't mind seeing it, but not at the expense of rushing the other matches (I actually love the Shutoku match so i hope they don't rush it for whatever reason).
Oct 5, 2013 7:02 PM

Mar 2011
[[SCREAMING BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS WAS COMING OUT NEXT WEEK FOR SOME REASON]]

Oh how I've missed these stupid basketball playersss

5/5
Oct 5, 2013 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
HELL YEAH, Kuroko no Basket is finally back! Fantastic first episode. The OP was great, GRANRODEO singing it again. It was good to see some of the Seiho members again. Haha, the Engrish actually wasn't too bad. It was good that they had some voice actors that speak English fluently though. Wow, who would have thought Tetsuya was the one that got Taiga into basketball. Atsushi stopping the ball completely changed the atmosphere. He's INSANELY TALL! Damn, so hyped for the next episode. The ED was also really good, OLDCODEX returning as well. :D
5/5
Oct 5, 2013 7:13 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, just amazing. The animation, OP, and ED are just.........*screams internally*

The Engrish is actually pretty good. AND I really love Atsushi's voice.

||
Oct 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
well well you dont look surprised at all , hahahaha RIP ENGRISH
Tuturu~
Oct 5, 2013 8:01 PM

Sep 2011
Now the fierce battle should be expected on the next episode.

Oct 5, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
Its started,,,, yyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh,,,, wohhhhhooooo .........it was pretty amazing episode,,, gotta love that op,, and tatsyu is so cool,, nice to see some good game and gotta love number 2 seirin high.. Also that English is some top notch stuff... Keep it up,, ooommmyyy gooodd, its finally herrrree,,, (sigh)
Oct 5, 2013 8:35 PM

Sep 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Also one thing that had been bothering me since season 1 was the whole idea of what would happen if Aomine, Murasaki, and Akashi's teams clashed in the Inter-High, but it's interesting to see that none of them played during those matches. I wonder if it's to keep their capabilities under the radar for the Winter Cup or even something else.

Great first episode, Saturday is going to be my favorite day for a long time.

Hell yeah. Saturdays are gonna be awesome.
Oct 5, 2013 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
AAAww YEaaa! this season just keeps getting better! first Hajime no Ippo and now Kuroko no Basuke! this is just epiccc!!

Kuroko no Basuke is a definite one of the best Sports series out there together with Slam Dunk which was the original Basuke series! and others like eyeshield etc :)

Really can't wait for the other teams to go against each other specially Rakuzan's double personality captain.

Some times i just wish that all of the teams that has atleast 1 GoM player will fight each other out with Rakuzan's captain using his ruthless personality. And actually see who wins.

definitely gonna stop thinking of reading the manga or else i end up like Shingeki no Kyojin, read the whole manga up to the last updated chapter and totally got bored watching the 25 episode series when i was already half way through it... It killed the curiosity for the next episode lol
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Oct 5, 2013 8:53 PM

Aug 2011
dat OP..
Rika ftw!
dat preview..
boing2 lol

this is pretty worth it, the animation is expected, the ost is nice. cant wait for next eps. cant wait to see the emperor.

**☾**
Oct 5, 2013 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
Torrible said:
I wonder if the Yosen match will be covered in this season. It'll be thematically fitting to end the season with Yosen given this season opener. However, if the match is included, the season needs to cover 20 more chapters than last season. If the season ends before the match, it will cover 4 fewer chapters.

Oct 5, 2013 9:02 PM

Dec 2011
Waaaahh KnB is back :DDD
waited for this for so long! Loved the first episode! Wonderful to see everyone again :)
Oct 5, 2013 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
DAT ENGRISH. Hope this season is as great as the 1st. Off to a good start so far.
Oct 5, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
I can't wait for this series to unfold. It's gonna be super awesome.
Oct 5, 2013 9:14 PM

Jul 2013
Dat engrish. xD

Love the opening. <3
Oct 5, 2013 9:25 PM

Mar 2012
Stronk english xD

The opening of this season is epic, how they introduced the Generation of Miracles was awesome.
The guy is fucken huuuuggee.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Oct 5, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
Woohoo! This anime is just as I remember it; can't wait for more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

282 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

151 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

111 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2014

101 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

108 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 7:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.