Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2013 2:06 PM

Oct 2011
24 episodes, feels bit like Sakurasou (or Toradora but it seems it has same author) and none of characters felt irritating or out of place.
Good start I can say.

Most certainly will be watching this, it does have potential.

PS. I was fun to hear Ibuki Kido as Chinami.
Dalek-bakaOct 3, 2013 2:38 PM
Oct 3, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2012
A definite nice change of pace from all the over-hyped action shows I've watched the last couple days
Oct 3, 2013 2:12 PM

Jun 2009
I believe I am going to enjoy this series. I like that it takes place in college instead of high school and Koko is quite the beauty.
Oct 3, 2013 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
Interesting start. So, they're going to do it slowly... if this sets the pace for the rest of the episodes, then I can declare myself happy.

Quite fine start, with a few rough edges - can't really say I expected more or less. The Toradora-ish vibe is so deeply felt :>
Hybridbloodszak said:
Not too much of a red alarm considering it's the only the first episode but a lot of Banri's charm was missing from the anime. Hopefully J.C Staff didn't remove it completely but he's more snarky/witty and goofy in the LN/manga which contributes to the comedy and why Kogo and Banri is my favorite character dynamic. It also makes it more believable why Kogo falls for Banri in the first place

If they're going for a more serious/grounded take then I guess that change is consistent with the tone. Won't know until I see more though
Yes, I noticed it as well. I don't think they're going to remove it, of course, since it's a big part of the story. I expected it to be a little more subsided though, because of the time constraints. I guess we'll just have to see how this evolves.
IchigoHollowfi said:
Please don't turn into a boring harem (no offense to harem fans) I like good Romance animes more, and 24 episodes? This could be good! :)
Some big spoiler maybe? Though I guess it's more of a combination between obvious and expectance...

And since everyone missed to put some words about the OP and ED, I tried not to, haha. Very good, Toradora-ish - not too shabby, while not groundbreaking either. I must say I like them, though they're not something I'm going to listen all day long to too.
Oct 3, 2013 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
A meh first episode

That blah blah blah part was funny.

A cliff hanger on the first ep >.>
Oct 3, 2013 2:15 PM

May 2010
very promising. loved the soundtrack.
Oct 3, 2013 2:27 PM

May 2012
How exactly will this anime end though?
Oct 3, 2013 2:28 PM
Oct 2010
Wow, stalker level = Homura.

At least she is pretty, charismatic and cheerful, though obviously not a good observer.

Anyway, seems like fun, hopefully it's not too cliche. (It does start on a good side being on college instead of highschool.)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 3, 2013 2:34 PM
Aug 2011
Romance anime tend to not sit well with me. Too many greenhorn high-school kids/melodrama for my tastes.
Law school is a bit of a nice change and these characters aren't too bad.

The Toradora comparisons make me cringe because I hate that show, and Sakurasou I liked, but then the 2nd cour-happened...
Hopefully this well set itself apart from that those.
Oct 3, 2013 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
It feels like Toradora but in collage. The characters seem ok but hopefully its not going to be to predictable.
Oct 3, 2013 2:39 PM

May 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I like it more than light novel. Maybe because it looks more dynamic animated. They foreshadowed one general thing but showed us a bit of it. Too bad best girl for me(*** ** *******) won't win this time (((.

Yeah, seriously how long have you been posting on Animelist to know not to drop spoilers that aren't in the episode your discussing?? drop those hints in spoiler tags.

As for the show, It's got a good vibe to it. I do hope there's an outcome at the end of the 24 episodes.

When Banri was smiling at Kouko/Golden girl i kept saying "RUN AWAY, DON'T DO IT! you have too much to live for"
CirrisOct 3, 2013 2:44 PM
Oct 3, 2013 2:40 PM
Sep 2011
Anime has been way too over-saturated with high school students in the past few years so it was a nice change of pace having the story taking place in a college setting (similar to Gin no Saji from last season), so while the visuals weren't particularly impressive the college parts still managed to make me smile.
Oct 3, 2013 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
nice Episode, Enjoyed it a lot as i had hoped !!! this might become one of my fav anime to look forward to every week....
Oct 3, 2013 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
Eudaimonia said:
Anime has been way too over-saturated with high school students in the past few years so it was a nice change of pace having the story taking place in a college setting (similar to Gin no Saji from last season), so while the visuals weren't particularly impressive the college parts still managed to make me smile.

I found out a couple episodes in Gin no Saji took place in highschool. It threw me off.

Anyways, great first episode. Nice to see a 24 episode anime that I like. It has potential to be as good as Sakurasou and maybe just maybe as good as Toradora.
Oct 3, 2013 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
Oh god, I don't like how this series is all about Koko, both the OP and ED is about her...

I like Linda! It's a shame that she won't end up will the main.
And would this become a harem? I hope it won't be a generic one....
Oct 3, 2013 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
Looks promising, gonna stick around. Although was it just me, or did the background music and sound effects drown out the dialogue from time to time for everyone? Not helping with my listening practice.
Oct 3, 2013 2:57 PM

Jul 2013
This was a good first episode, it was pretty funny and better than what I expected, but the ending of this episode gave me some chills down my spine, although, I'm interested so far to see how this will go.
Oct 3, 2013 3:04 PM

Nov 2011
Interesting first episode, it looks like it has some promise, but it all depends on how they execute it. It seems like there will be some complicated love triangle arising and I'm fond with very very few love triangles.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 3, 2013 3:15 PM

Mar 2010
Cirris said:
When Banri was smiling at Kouko/Golden girl i kept saying "RUN AWAY, DON'T DO IT! you have too much to live for"

HAHA yeah, that girl seems dangerous.

Anyway, it was refreshing watching this first ep, I liked it, mostly after watching that boring 1st ep of IS.
Being as impatient as I am, I have to ask, is the manga being translated? and if it is, is it up to date? 'cause I would like to read it, thanks.
manuxelOct 3, 2013 3:32 PM
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 3, 2013 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
It was a decent first episode. It didn't blow me away, nor did I think it was hilarious, but it had some nice bits and it showed off at how great a guy the lead (Banri) is.

Not sure what to think of Koko yet. I don't really like the rich girl personalities but hers seems somewhat funny considering how obsessive she is over Mitsuo.
Oct 3, 2013 3:22 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, I'm kind of impressed always welcome uni animes and this is the first show this season that I think I'll be looking forward to! Best show I've seen so far, looking forward to it next week!

Oct 3, 2013 3:23 PM

Apr 2011
Wow... that chick was a bitch.

pretty ok for a slice of life... 3/5
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Oct 3, 2013 3:23 PM

Jun 2012
manuxel said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
It also makes it more believable why ........... in the first place

Why? seriously, why?, I'm not reading the manga, nor the LN so why would you spoil that? It might be obvious (or not) for you but come on.

Did you watch the OP? Otherwise I wouldn't have said it

If a forum moderator doesn't remove my post for spoilers and instead responds to it, I think I'm fine
HybridMBLOct 3, 2013 3:27 PM
Oct 3, 2013 3:26 PM

Feb 2013
I loved this! Am I the only one who absolutely loved this? I don't care cuz I loved it! XD
Oct 3, 2013 3:32 PM

Mar 2010
Hybridbloodszak said:

If a forum moderator doesn't remove my post for spoilers and instead responds to it, I think I'm fine

I didn't pay much attention to it, just listened to the music, so I watched it again and I stand corrected, it was implied in the opening she'll fall for him so I deleted my complaint, sorry for that.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 3, 2013 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
manuxel said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
manuxel said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
It also makes it more believable why ........... in the first place

Why? seriously, why?, I'm not reading the manga, nor the LN so why would you spoil that? It might be obvious (or not) for you but come on.

I didn't pay much attention to it, just listened to the music, so I watched it again and I stand corrected, it was implied in the opening she'll fall for him so sorry for that.

Wow, did they really give it away that quick? FOR SHAMEEE

Edit: Just checked it again, holy shit they were really straight-forward with that.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 3, 2013 3:40 PM

Aug 2012
I really... feel so excited that i get to watch 24 episodes.

Hybridbloodszak said:
One of my personal anticipated shows going into the season. Really enjoy the manga and it's J.C Staff doing a RomCom which I typically end up liking(AnoNatsu, Sakurasou, etc).

Not too much of a red alarm considering it's the only the first episode but a lot of Banri's charm was missing from the anime. Hopefully J.C Staff didn't remove it completely but he's more snarky/witty and goofy in the LN/manga which contributes to the comedy and why Kogo and Banri is my favorite character dynamic. It also makes it more believable why Kogo falls for Banri in the first place

If they're going for a more serious/grounded take then I guess that change is consistent with the tone. Won't know until I see more though

I doubt J.C Staff will remove a character trait that represents Banri as who he is.
The opening also shows a bit of there silly faces.
Oct 3, 2013 3:42 PM

Aug 2007
Is it just me, or are the voices really low while the BGM and sound effects are loud? I can barely hear what the characters are saying lol
Oct 3, 2013 3:54 PM

Apr 2013
Not a bad start.
I'm guessing Koko has good reasons why she's acting this way and it's not just her being delusional.

koleare said:
Some big spoiler maybe? Though I guess it's more of a combination between obvious and expectance...

That's really good to know,I was worried it would be.
Oct 3, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 2013
I was really surprised. It started off really slow and the main character kind of seems annoying, but the last 5 minutes really makes up for it. I'm excited for next weeks episode and to find out Tada's back story.
Oct 3, 2013 4:15 PM

Jul 2010
MATSUO, BLAH BLAH BLAH! MATSUO, BLAH BLAH BLAH! - laughed really hard at this scene.
That was an amazing start considering that i wasnt really expecting anything much from this series.Nice characters, OST and the show is really relaxing in general, thats exactly what i like in SoL/romance.Definitely will continue watching
incompleteAEGISOct 3, 2013 4:34 PM
Oct 3, 2013 4:20 PM

Feb 2011
Loving this , it's giving me Toradora feels idk why though.
Oct 3, 2013 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
Ahh man another beta MC. At least the other guy seems like he isn't. How convenient that he's meeting all these girls already. I like it so far. I hope they incorporate more college life things that we're not used to seeing in the more high school anime environment.

I like Takemiya's writing so I'm hoping this will go in the direction I think it will.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 3, 2013 4:35 PM

May 2013
Everything Looks awesome I really like J.C staff
The Yellow Haired Girl is so Pretty every girl in this anime is pretty

Whats with the Cliff Hanger its like Ep 1
I'll rate this anime 8/10 for now :D
MercuriOct 3, 2013 5:09 PM
Oct 3, 2013 4:40 PM

Dec 2012
That was surprisingly a fun episode, didn't expect that at all. First episode and already leaving on a cliffhanger, god damnit.
Oct 3, 2013 4:40 PM
Nov 2012
SINCE THE OPENING MADE IT PRETTY OBVIOUS!!!

Storming through the manga .. I thought I would never say this but

This series basically portrays one of my biggest romantic fears in life :( So many times I've been in the shoes of the protagonist but never got the ''good ending''. Well, I did with one of my ex-girlfriends but she wasn't that much of a best friend.

It will be an interesting ride for me indeed, almost painful to watch :/
Oct 3, 2013 4:44 PM

Apr 2013
Good start. It feels kinda relaxing mixed with some great comedy
Kouko is cute and Banri is innocent
Had some laugh, especially when Banri was in the middle of those dancers and blah blah blah
Friday gonna be fun
TriZenOct 3, 2013 4:50 PM
Oct 3, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
Fun start, lets see what banri can do
Oct 3, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2012
Not a bad start, it did seem to jump from one even to another rather quickly and the main character doesn't seem all that interesting so far but time will tell.

Judging by this episode its looking to be a harem, hopefully doesnt go too crazy with the amount of love interests, I'd rather have one or two with solid development.
Oct 3, 2013 5:14 PM

May 2013
Turned out surprisingly hilarious, especially when mistuo got smacked by that bouquet. So far, the MC doesnt have much going for him and almost feels like a background character and all those introductions of female characters makes it seem like it's going to lead into a harem of sorts.
Oct 3, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
It's the season of Yui Horie! and i'm okay with that

since Toradora was one of my favorites and i really did like Sakurasou i'm expecting good things from JC this year!

only slightly worried about the Male MC it's to early to judge but he seems like a nice guy but kinda of spineless, he doesn't stand out.
Oct 3, 2013 5:22 PM
Dec 2012
Seta19 said:
Ehhh I thought this was supposed to air on sep 23??????

No It Was Previewed At A Screening In Tokyo On Sept.
It'll Start Regularly From Today
Oct 3, 2013 5:24 PM
Dec 2012
I Found The Episode Quite Entertaining & The Characters Look Good Too!
I've Got High Hopes On This Anime....Dun Let Me Down J.C Staff! XD
Oct 3, 2013 5:26 PM
Dec 2012
katsu044 said:
It's the season of Yui Horie! and i'm okay with that

since Toradora was one of my favorites and i really did like Sakurasou i'm expecting good things from JC this year!

only slightly worried about the Male MC it's to early to judge but he seems like a nice guy but kinda of spineless, he doesn't stand out.

Sakurasou Wasn't That Bad Tbh, They Just Messed Up The Romance With The Characters There.

If The Mc Is Crap The Side Characters Or Other Protagonist Will Cover For Him [Hopefully]
Oct 3, 2013 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
Good first episode, wasn't all too bad. The characters seem pretty good, just from the first episode I know I would root for Linda but since the OP showed us Kouko x Banri is the otp I don't need to get my hopes up.

Kouko looks like grown up Taiga btw.
Oct 3, 2013 5:40 PM

Dec 2011
Finishes episode 1 of Golden Time...

Applause! You did it again JC Staff! I really love the atmosphere you set into the premise! Yui Horie is taking the helm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, a university setting!

Can't wait to see more of how Koko will develop with Tada (as seen in the opening).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2013 5:48 PM

Dec 2010
I like the characters a lot in this show. Looking forward to more.
Oct 3, 2013 5:55 PM

Feb 2008
Surprisingly decent. Wasn't even planning on watching this, but it was quite fun. Hope it keeps up, the setting is interesting and refreshing.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 3, 2013 6:10 PM

Aug 2008
I hope they won't pull some stupid triangle with Baniri hooking up with Kouko. I don't like how he's looking at her... All this weird blushing and lines like from a shoujo series. There's not much place for another character between these two childhood friends, so I'm afraid they will come up with something really ridiculous later.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 3, 2013 6:15 PM
Feb 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
One of my personal anticipated shows going into the season. Really enjoy the manga and it's J.C Staff doing a RomCom which I typically end up liking(AnoNatsu, Sakurasou, etc).

it clearly states at the begging of this forum post that you are not to discuss the manga beyond this point and you come along and ruin everything the first episode sets up not everyone reads the manga so stop giving spoilers no matter how obvious they may be.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.