Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2013 4:45 PM

May 2013
Could tone down on the fanservice imo, might as well be wearing a bikini xD.
Still a really interesting episode, it gave better impressions that the PV. The art style is quite intriguing but i guess it works well and the fight scenes were better done than i had hope (had low standards as to not be disappointed). So now just hoping that they'll keep monologues randomly popping up in the middle of fights to a minimum.
Oct 3, 2013 4:50 PM

Mar 2012
I like how she blushes with the outfit on, never really seen that before.
Oct 3, 2013 4:51 PM

Dec 2010
Araby said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
eldest said:
anime status: fucking saved
Saved from what?
Araby said:
I think people complaining about "overhype" are missing the point completely. Kill la Kill, much like TTGL, is so fun to watch because it consciously kicks logic to the curb and makes every little thing absurdly grand. It hypes itself up and it acknowledges that it's doing so, practically scene by scene. All this "ANIME IS SAVED," "11/10," "#basedtrigger," and so forth, is just fans doing the exact same thing that the show is doing. Getting into the mood of a show is completely natural. In this case, the resulting statements are such that, when taken seriously, they might mislead people into believing that all Kill la Kill fans have shit taste and think that they know everything about an anime after one episode. Obviously, that's not actually the case and people are just having fun.

tl';dr, by taking the "overhyping" seriously, you're missing the point of Kill la Kill itself.

+1, quality post

Also, people surprised by the fan service are forgetting Yoko completely.
Oct 3, 2013 4:52 PM

Jun 2012
ANIME IS SAVED
Oct 3, 2013 4:56 PM

Apr 2013
Araby said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
eldest said:
Saved from what?
Araby said:
I think people complaining about "overhype" are missing the point completely. Kill la Kill, much like TTGL, is so fun to watch because it consciously kicks logic to the curb and makes every little thing absurdly grand. It hypes itself up and it acknowledges that it's doing so, practically scene by scene. All this "ANIME IS SAVED," "11/10," "#basedtrigger," and so forth, is just fans doing the exact same thing that the show is doing. Getting into the mood of a show is completely natural. In this case, the resulting statements are such that, when taken seriously, they might mislead people into believing that all Kill la Kill fans have shit taste and think that they know everything about an anime after one episode. Obviously, that's not actually the case and people are just having fun.

tl';dr, by taking the "overhyping" seriously, you're missing the point of Kill la Kill itself.

Trying to pump your post, eh. I'm sorry but this TTGL fanboy is probably serious and the same goes for the some of the people in this thread. This is hardly a new phenomenon, it happens with each season, or did you think SnK, SAO or whatever derp hype anime were also over the top and the fans where just living the mood of the series.
Oct 3, 2013 5:00 PM

Mar 2013
Araby said:

Very nicely put Araby, I have to admit I was caught up by the episode, and just like you said was taken up by the "hype" you just mentioned. If I were to rationally put it, I like to enjoy anime like this where logic is literally thrown out the window (its not like I hate logical anime), but its like watching a good sports games at the climax. You just get swept up by the flow of the game. Right now its highly rated for me but of course it will fluctuate depending on the direction the anime decides to take. Who knows? It could beat Gurren Lagann or it could turn out really bad only time will tell.
Oct 3, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Legendre said:
Araby said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
eldest said:
Saved from what?
Araby said:

+1, quality post

Also, people surprised by the fan service are forgetting Yoko completely.
Can't forget Noriko and Nono.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 3, 2013 5:03 PM

Oct 2012
Damn, just damn this was some real godlike epic ass shit right here:D Love it when Ami gets to play more tough characters and combine it with that embarrassed feeling when
Ryuuko got that outfit just so good:D
Oct 3, 2013 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
I loved almost every minute of it. Fanservice could be toned down a bit but I will let it slide because hell, that was glorious.
Oct 3, 2013 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
Trying to pump your post, eh.
You're damn right I am. No point in typing the same thing again.

I'm sorry but this TTGL fanboy is probably serious and the same goes for the some of the people in this thread.
I doubt that's the case, but even if it were, those types of comments belong in this thread (for the reason I just stated). It's pointless to try and call out something that doesn't need to be called out.

This is hardly a new phenomenon, it happens with each season, or did you think SnK, SAO or whatever derp hype anime were also over the top and the fans where just living the mood of the series.
I guess you didn't understand my post, lol. The whole point is that Kill la Kill isn't like Snk, SAO, and whatever else, in that there are elements of comedy/parody. Those shows were mostly if not entirely serious (I haven't seen much of AoT, but I've read a lot about it). So yes, this is completely different from the regular hype you're talking about.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 3, 2013 5:10 PM

Jul 2012
Episode 1 was pretty good! Though I don't see how that steel "uniform" protected her.
Oct 3, 2013 5:15 PM

Feb 2011
Can't help but to feel like I've watched some utterly crazy version of Saint Seiya just now.
I like it.
Oct 3, 2013 5:15 PM

May 2011
SO MUCH FACKING CAHONES SO MUCH GAR

Arararraragi-kun said:

This is hardly a new phenomenon, it happens with each season, or did you think SnK, SAO or whatever derp hype anime were also over the top and the fans where just living the mood of the series.

Unlike Hype trains like Guilty Crown, SAO, and SnK, this one is VERY self-aware and it won't collapse if it tries to take itself too seriously when shit hits the fan and goes all edgy (overexagerrated character deaths etc.).
RockerXDOct 3, 2013 5:20 PM
Oct 3, 2013 5:16 PM

Jul 2011
very very "cool"
Oct 3, 2013 5:27 PM
Jul 2009
I figured this was going to be 10/10, but I set my standards waaaaay too low. That first episode alone was at least a 14/10.

Anime is saved.
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Oct 3, 2013 5:30 PM

Apr 2011
Well that was awesome. It's just like Gurren Lagann, in that nothing makes any freakin sense, and I'm okay with that. So far 9/10
Oct 3, 2013 5:30 PM

Nov 2012
It was alright, a bit fun.

Araby said:

Just like Inferno Cop.
RX-782Oct 3, 2013 5:38 PM
Oct 3, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
It was great. Loving the animation style, the characters, and all the other weird shit going on. I'm really looking forward to more.
Oct 3, 2013 5:34 PM

Dec 2012
I can feel the manliness!!! The sexy, sexy manliness!!!
Oct 3, 2013 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
The animation quality this season is off the roof! First Kyoukai no Kanata, now Kill la Kill. The anime industry is raising the standards big time. Time to fap.
Oct 3, 2013 5:49 PM

Jan 2012
That was so AWESOME!

And it kinda remind me of Seto no Hanayome and Devilman.
Oct 3, 2013 5:50 PM

Dec 2011
Lol what kind of school is this?!! This was a very good first episode though because everything was so over the top and weird. I kind of wish her outfit wasn't so revealing though..

Oct 3, 2013 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really like how it has been so far, but maybe that's just my opinion.
Definitely going to continue watching it tho.
Oct 3, 2013 5:52 PM

Aug 2012
All I can say is BASED SAWANO YOU GOD. The OST's my biggest like in this anime right now. Not a fan of the fanservice, and I've gotten past the age of fanboying over flashy fights already, but damn, this anime does what it wants to do awesomely!
Oct 3, 2013 5:53 PM

May 2012
Is this the most overhyped TV series of this season already, so far?
It has potential to become the most overrated one of this season too.
Will watch it tomorrow/tonight, no reason to rush.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 3, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
Salxer said:
Raito said:
THE SAME VOICE ACTOR WHO DOES MUGINO SHIZURI FROM RAILGUN S DOES THE MC OF THIS SHOW.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How did I not notice that :(
But I only see the MC about 10 times more badass now since I recognize meltdowner's voice,dammit!

was wondering why i liked her voice so much This is perfect!

just gonna throw out any logic,any anime logic and just sit back and enjoy the rest of this craziness with it's awesome ost
Oct 3, 2013 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
Well.. that was.. AWESOME

Seriously action packed episode, if the whole series keeps going at this rate I'm gonna lose it.
Oct 3, 2013 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
So SEXY, I am going to faint!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 3, 2013 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
I love the action. And the uniform thing is interesting.
Oct 3, 2013 6:10 PM

Aug 2012
Based Trigger saving anime 1 frame at a time
Oct 3, 2013 6:11 PM

Sep 2010
Really liked the first Episode :)
Oct 3, 2013 6:12 PM

Aug 2013
I have been waiting for this forever AND FINALLY IT IS HERE. First episode was so action packed, animation and art is amazing, woah this is just awesome.
wow gay
Oct 3, 2013 6:13 PM

Jun 2012
Tone down the fanservice.
получить деньги моего друга
Oct 3, 2013 6:14 PM

Apr 2009
haha awesome. The pace is insanely fast, maybe a little too much, but I guess it fits the chaotic nature of the city. Great humor, great action, and already so many great characters. Love everything about it artwise, this show definitely has the potential to be one of the all time great animes!
Oct 3, 2013 6:15 PM

Sep 2012
This needs to be 2 cour, pleeease, then again, That was friggin intense.
Alcyone. Electra. Maia. Taygeta. Calaeno. Asterope. Merope.
By the blessing of the Seven Sisters,
I descend from four hundred lightyears in space!
I AM MR PLEIADES!!
Oct 3, 2013 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
0/∞
Oct 3, 2013 6:16 PM

Apr 2009
makouz789 said:
This needs to be 2 cour, pleeease, then again, That was friggin intense.

It is gonna be 2 cour silly XD
Oct 3, 2013 6:27 PM
Oct 2010
Epic insanity. This is going to be great.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 3, 2013 6:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Over the top + nice concept.

Although the animation could have been even more fluid. Then again, you need more budget, Trigger.

The sasuga was nice still.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 3, 2013 6:36 PM

Aug 2012
So , Kill la Kill is trully a "killer" of the season

Ba dum bass
Oct 3, 2013 6:37 PM
Nov 2009
That was a lot of fun. There was more CGI than I expected(what was that 10% CGI you promised, Ootsuka?) but it was implemented well enough. The visuals were stylish with lots of Dezaki-style stills and the animation was limited but expressive and impactful. Off to a good start.
Oct 3, 2013 6:47 PM

May 2009
samishime said:
Tone down the fanservice.

http://i.qkme.me/3pmi7q.jpg
Oct 3, 2013 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
Waaaay too over the top for my liking. Fantastic music and decent action though. Fanservice was nice as well.
Oct 3, 2013 7:20 PM

Sep 2012
Shuhan said:
Waaaay too over the top for my liking.

Don't worry, probably by the last episodes they'll be throwing galaxies at each other.
Oct 3, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2013
The animation style is like little witch academia, I was totally not expecting that.

Eating a lemon like an apple 0_0

What a sexy sailor(?) outfit :p
Oct 3, 2013 7:29 PM

Dec 2012
Uh cool? I think? I dunno, I'm trying to trace what I just watched. I mean it was weird, not in a bad way, but in a weird way and I can't really lie and say I wasn't entertained either

Thumbs up? Yeah I guess. If I dislike an anime I'll auto-reject and stop watching before its over, I didn't feel any urge to stop watching. Good on Trigger if they can keep this consistent though. It feels like it could lose its way really easy, so far so good I suppose
Oct 3, 2013 7:30 PM

Feb 2010
Uber_Dewber said:
Puts you right into the action, looks like they were intending for a strong start. At first, I was drawn in.. but then comes the fanservice. It's not that I "hate" fanservice, it's just that it makes things slightly less serious for me. Thus, I can't take the anime as serious as I was hoping to.

Will watch the next few episodes though just to see where it's going.

They know the outfit is ridiculous, that's why they made fun of it. it's not intended to be fanservice, and most likely has a real purpose.

I don't understand why lightly dressed girls are always seen as fan service... forcing the label fan service on it just keeps sexism alive.
a better choice would be to grow the fck up
Please Click My Kawaii Dragons!!
Oct 3, 2013 7:31 PM

Jun 2012
Litrydow said:
Shuhan said:
Waaaay too over the top for my liking.

Don't worry, probably by the last episodes they'll be throwing galaxies at each other.

This will probably happen.
Oct 3, 2013 7:33 PM

Mar 2008
This is kind of stupid and the animation fluctuations constantly between looking shit and looking amazing but this is pretty entertaining and very good at distracting me from my own thoughts since its so high paced so I will be waiting for the next episode.
Oct 3, 2013 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
Oh my god. I have absolutely no words.
Besides these:

Fucking amazing.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.