Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 30, 2013 10:02 AM

Oct 2010
Season 2 ended awesomely , after battle story was nicely done , i had always feared that Souske might die seeing that op song scene,its such a relief to see him alive , but his bead again got stolen by Ao now n Ao goes on journey , also we dont knw whether Tamazusa died in that battle as two pillars falling were shwn on both her sides...With Shino again being told by Satomi to search for Souske's bead.....Ending of Story rather than being complete feels as if a base for season 3 ?

So coming to this main thing...anyone whohas read the manga till latest chapters , As manga is ongoing [i m not reading it]...how many chapters were covered or rather at what chapter the season 2 of anime ended and whats current chapter number released ? Any possibilities of Season 3 ??? SPOILERS ARE WELCOMED !
I would sure love to see Season 3 of Hakkenden .
PersiusSep 30, 2013 10:07 AM
Sep 30, 2013 11:00 AM
May 2012
Persius said:
Season 2 ended awesomely , after battle story was nicely done , i had always feared that Sousuke might die seeing that op song scene, it's such a relief to see him alive , but his bead again got stolen by Ao but now he goes on journey , also we don't know whether Tamazusa died in that battle as two pillars falling were shown on both her sides...With Shino again being told by Satomi to search for Sousuke's bead.....Ending of Story rather than being complete feels as if a base for season 3 ?

So coming to this main thing...anyone who's read the manga till latest chapters , As manga is ongoing [i'm not reading it]...how many chapters were covered or rather at what chapter the season 2 of anime ended and whats current chapter number released ? Any possibilities of Season 3 ??? SPOILERS ARE WELCOMED !
I would sure love to see Season 3 of Hakkenden.

1. That's what I want to know. I know that's so many analysis & nitpicking but that show shouldn't be ended like this. NOBODY agrees about this?! I mean now I'm really pissed of what just happened. God, I can't believe NOBODY replies my last post in ep13 thread whatsoever...

2. Where can I find the whole manga series? I checked every site there's only had 4 chapter.
JafriZinSep 30, 2013 5:42 PM
Sep 30, 2013 3:27 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=669413&show=20#msg25436223
I responded to someone about the chapter that the manga started deviating from the anime.

If they were to make a season 3, it would still be possible since these last two episodes with all the Tamazusa stuff could just be seen as a side arc and it wouldn't really contradict too much with anything in the manga. Ao still has the bead and not much has been answered, just like the state the manga is currently in. If they were to continue the story, then I would think that Tamazusa is still alive.

Like I said in my post from the other thread, the anime deviated from chapter 42, and there are 50 chapters out right now. Possibility of season 3 depends on the publisher, not sure if the anime really boosted the manga sales or anything, and the anime sale is not that great either. If there will ever be a season 3, I think they would go back and animate the one or two chapters they skipped where we see what happened at Ootsuka village, and also what happened afterwards when they first got to the church they were at in the beginning of season 1. Right now in the manga, the plot isn't really moving forward much, it's mostly just character development chapters, and a few pieces of information here and there that is plot related. Oh and there's something surprising we learn regarding with Sousuke, though the info is given to him by Tamazusa (or I think it's her since she looks just like her and wears the church clothes. I read in Chinese so names are different) Hmm and Ao's right eye is still gold in the manga, not sure why they changed the color back to blue in the anime.

@JeffreyZin
There should be 12 chapters that are translated out right now though
Sep 30, 2013 5:55 PM
May 2012
tingy said:
@JeffreyZin

Anyway you know what, the story in the manga are different from anime & it doesn't change the whole story. Like they did to Zetman & Code Breaker last year (Reason why they cramped it into 13 episodes).

Maybe you should've told me like 'I think you rather research some more manga stuff if you wanna see so badly'.
JafriZinSep 30, 2013 6:11 PM
Sep 30, 2013 6:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
JeffreyZin said:
tingy said:
@JeffreyZin

Anyway you know what, the story in the manga are different from anime & it doesn't change the whole story. Like they did to Zetman & Code Breaker last year (Reason why they cramped it into 13 episodes).

Maybe you should've told me like 'I think you rather research some more manga stuff if you wanna see so badly'.

Hmmm??? Sorry I'm not sure what you're saying? I meant to tell you that there's more than just 4 chapters out that is translated, which should be good news for you right?
Sep 30, 2013 11:27 PM

Oct 2010
JeffreyZin said:

1. That's what I want to know. I know that's so many analysis & nitpicking but that show shouldn't be ended like this. NOBODY agrees about this?! I mean now I'm really pissed of what just happened. God, I can't believe NOBODY replies my last post in ep13 thread whatsoever...

ya Jeffrey dont u feel the ending weird , the feeling i get it frm that ending is as if they have made a base for season 3 orelse they cud hv done it differently , the ending kinda gives a hope that there will be season 3 the way they hv ended season 2 . Saw ur post in that epi 13 thrd , I m 100% sure that Tamazusa is not dead , just rewatch that pillar falling scene...

thnx for the info tingy , but i dnt think they can make a s3 from just 8 chapters ? i think it will take around more 1.5-2 years for enough manga material which can be animated into 13/24 epi...and abt sales seeing recently aired anime i am doubtful that it 100% depend on sales.
Oct 1, 2013 3:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
@Persius
You're welcome :) and yeah that's what I meant, if there will ever be a season three, it would probably be after the manga ends and not anytime soon. And it would take more than 1.5-2 years unfortunately because the author is juggling between Hakkenden and her BL manga Super Lovers. It seems like the chapter releases are not released routinely, meaning less than 12 chapters per year :(
Oct 4, 2013 6:26 AM
May 2012
I wanna see 'Adult' Shino rather than shown only 1 per episode which it's unfair...

Persius said:
ya Jeffrey dont u feel the ending weird , the feeling i get it frm that ending is as if they have made a base for season 3 orelse they cud hv done it differently , the ending kinda gives a hope that there will be season 3 the way they hv ended season 2 . Saw ur post in that epi 13 thrd , I m 100% sure that Tamazusa is not dead , just rewatch that pillar falling scene....

That's not true. What about Hazuki? Did he just disappeared all of the sudden?
Nov 1, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
tingy said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=669413&show=20#msg25436223
I responded to someone about the chapter that the manga started deviating from the anime.

If they were to make a season 3, it would still be possible since these last two episodes with all the Tamazusa stuff could just be seen as a side arc and it wouldn't really contradict too much with anything in the manga. Ao still has the bead and not much has been answered, just like the state the manga is currently in. If they were to continue the story, then I would think that Tamazusa is still alive.

Like I said in my post from the other thread, the anime deviated from chapter 42, and there are 50 chapters out right now. Possibility of season 3 depends on the publisher, not sure if the anime really boosted the manga sales or anything, and the anime sale is not that great either. If there will ever be a season 3, I think they would go back and animate the one or two chapters they skipped where we see what happened at Ootsuka village, and also what happened afterwards when they first got to the church they were at in the beginning of season 1. Right now in the manga, the plot isn't really moving forward much, it's mostly just character development chapters, and a few pieces of information here and there that is plot related. Oh and there's something surprising we learn regarding with Sousuke, though the info is given to him by Tamazusa (or I think it's her since she looks just like her and wears the church clothes. I read in Chinese so names are different) Hmm and Ao's right eye is still gold in the manga, not sure why they changed the color back to blue in the anime.

@JeffreyZin

Are you shure about thouse informations? I mean manga started araing in 2005 and it is still araing even if it comes out once a mount there should be atleast 100 chapers by now.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Nov 1, 2013 10:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
wukp said:

Are you shure about thouse informations? I mean manga started araing in 2005 and it is still araing even if it comes out once a mount there should be atleast 100 chapers by now.

That's because Hakkenden went on a hiatus for I think about 1-2 years (maybe longer?), something do with the original magazine it was serialized in. Hakkenden is now serialized in Asuka Ciel (since 2011), which is when it came back from hiatus. Of course if it comes out monthly, even with the hiatus, it should hypothetically have more than 50 chapters out, but it doesn't come out regularly, I'm not sure if it's every two months, or the releases are just irregular. The reason that it's not released every month is because the author is juggling Hakkenden along with her BL manga Super Lovers simultaneously.
Nov 5, 2013 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
tingy said:
wukp said:

That's because Hakkenden went on a hiatus for I think about 1-2 years (maybe longer?), something do with the original magazine it was serialized in. Hakkenden is now serialized in Asuka Ciel (since 2011), which is when it came back from hiatus. Of course if it comes out monthly, even with the hiatus, it should hypothetically have more than 50 chapters out, but it doesn't come out regularly, I'm not sure if it's every two months, or the releases are just irregular. The reason that it's not released every month is because the author is juggling Hakkenden along with her BL manga Super Lovers simultaneously.

This explain a lot of things :D
Nov 5, 2013 6:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Celilari said:
tingy said:
wukp said:

This explain a lot of things :D

Glad I could help :)
Dec 31, 2013 10:03 PM
May 2012
Are you freaking kidding me?!
I cant belive it ended so....that wasnt an ending at all! they are back to where they started. Im rather disappointed. i was hoping for a nice clean finish that would explain a lot of things but they left it uncertain and open so that they COULD MAYBE make another season.
I feel that if they make another season, it wont be nearly as successful as the first 2 ( like how Kuroshitsuji was)
May 25, 2015 7:05 PM

Sep 2013
Lee-U-Manson said:
Are you freaking kidding me?!
I cant belive it ended so....that wasnt an ending at all! they are back to where they started. Im rather disappointed. i was hoping for a nice clean finish that would explain a lot of things but they left it uncertain and open so that they COULD MAYBE make another season.
I feel that if they make another season, it wont be nearly as successful as the first 2 ( like how Kuroshitsuji was)

I'm not sure why you think that Season 3 of Kuroshitsuji wasn't successful. It was the second season of that show that faltered. The third season brought it back on track and now it's on its way with many possibilities... but I digress

The second season of Hakkenden was very good, but it doesn't look like a third season is in the works. It is a shame because it was a very good anime and deserves a third season. So many unanswered questions! But I learned long ago never to start an anime with the hopes of continuation. Oh how the list of animes that I enjoyed that have ended with no conclusion grows all the time.
Spending more time thinking about the fictional world than reality.
Jun 12, 2015 4:08 PM

Apr 2014
But...but...there needs to be a season 3 there is so much we didn't get to know. :(
Jul 22, 2015 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think there will be a 3rd season. Right now, sensei is concentrating for her manga "Super lovers'' animation. It's getting animated on 2016 but we still don't know animation it will be.
Sep 16, 2016 10:47 AM
Jul 2015
I Wish Hakkenden , Touhou Hakken Ibun Will Eject Third Season
May 29, 2017 8:44 PM
May 2017
it's very cool!! And Season 2 was amazing !! Has to have season 3, it is necessary !! And I want shino to have her normal 18-year-old form, she was very sensual and beautiful !!
Mar 30, 2018 2:05 PM
Oct 2017
the ending of s2 definitely prepared us for another season, but if it isnt popular enough then they might just drop it
Apr 23, 2018 5:50 AM

Dec 2015
I just completed the show and really enjoy it. Wish for a third season! I think I will read the manga, but I don't know if the anime follow the manga, or they are some part they have skipped...

set by taiyaki

Mar 27, 2020 4:39 AM
Mar 2020
I honestly have no idea whats going on when i checked the manga i didnt see any chapters and honestly this ending is reminflding me of the ending of classroom of the elite an anine just shouldnt end like that

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

25 by Ventus_S »»
Sep 29, 2023 1:54 PM

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2013

63 by yveltalkyogre »»
Apr 12, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 22, 2013

30 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 28, 2021 10:35 AM

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2013

27 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 28, 2021 10:28 AM

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

24 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 28, 2021 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.