Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 30, 2013 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup and it's over~

About damn time they finally took the fight to Sanada. Ah, the finale resolved things well imo. It felt a bit cliched but I am in for happy endings. They had to mix some awkward moments though..

Overall, 7/10. I actually founds this a lot better than I had thought.
Sep 30, 2013 3:13 AM

Sep 2011
Good series overall. I thought I would hate it due to judging all dem bugs/looks and the annoying big boob char (Haru), but we hardly saw her so thank god.

Good finale. 7/10.
Sep 30, 2013 4:03 AM

Jan 2008
The final episode was cliche as fuck, but I guess it's okay, keeping it simple till the very end. Looks like there's still plot (Eternal Insect) to cover, wonder if it'll ever get a continuation.
Sep 30, 2013 4:22 AM

May 2010
No Caterpie, bad signs :(
Sep 30, 2013 5:08 AM
May 2012
Well an original anime ending. It was good though.. Too bad manga scanlation stil hasn't catch up to latest chapter :(
Sep 30, 2013 6:35 AM

Nov 2009
I had to smile at Hibachis dagger/bomb that looked like a penis.

Pretty good anime and satisfying ending. I had a feeling this one won't be a let down from the first episode on.
Sep 30, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2008
Who would have thought that I going to like this series xD

Original anime ending?
But still like the ending...
Shiroageha forget Jinbei,
she fight with him, but that hug and that ending!
Looks like Jinbei still don't know she is "Insect Magistrate." xD

I guess there is no chance for a second season... :(

I think I gonna check out manga chapters xD
Sep 30, 2013 6:49 AM

Feb 2011
Good ending. But that fighting style though LOL

(http://imageshack.com/scaled/800x600/706/oulv.png)

7/10
Sep 30, 2013 7:32 AM

May 2013
That fight was good.
Saito6689 said:

I LOL'd when I saw that.
Sep 30, 2013 8:22 AM

Aug 2012
This was fun, I actually was looking forward to this during the weeks. It was so easy to follow, and I got quite a bit enjoyment from it. Giving this a strong 7 almost an 8.

Sep 30, 2013 9:02 AM

Jan 2011
Not the sort of show you need to do a lot of thinking about, but still very enjoyable to watch. If, as seems likely, we don't get a second season I might have to read the manga to see how it all turns out. Win till you die, Jinbei!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 30, 2013 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
that meteor drop looked liked something out of a jrpg. have to admit, that mt. fuji combo looked epic
Sep 30, 2013 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
Really cliche ending but loved it sooo much for some reason XD
esp Dat combo and Dat Meteor at the end! Really epic!!

First 10 eps were 7/10...ep11-22 was a massive improvement for me with a 9.5/10
But the conclusion was a bit weaker with a 8/10...So I'm giving it a 8.5 to a 9 just to raise it's score a little because this series is really underrated hehe.
I would've given a 9 from all my heart if Kuroageha told Jinbei about who she is and if the final fight was a bit more logical XD

Lol at how Jinbei starting spamming Tsukushima style techniques out of no where hahahaha and how he suddenly became invincible XDXDXD

Good to see it jumped to #~1200 :D That's a huge jump.

Really hope someone picks up the manga >_<
Sep 30, 2013 10:59 AM

Mar 2010
I was pretty skeptical when I saw that this was getting the 2-cour treatment, instead of Gargantia, but it worked out for the best as the second half was much more action-packed and this was just the kind of finale I needed to bump this up to a 8/10. Not to mention, ending with my favorite OP. xD
Sep 30, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2012
Noooooooooo, loved this series, can't believed it's over.
Sep 30, 2013 12:40 PM

Apr 2011
If this is an anime original ending, what actually happened in the manga ?
Sep 30, 2013 2:38 PM
Jun 2013
nice ending. overall lol 8/10. im rooting for 2nd season ^^ if ever
Sep 30, 2013 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
Noooooo Yukimura got turned into dust lolz.

Good final fight, just the way shonen standards roll, really enjoyed this series, gonna miss it for sure.
Sep 30, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
I felt the ending was pretty weak it was the like all the style techniques did nothing and he wasn't even scratched then the meteor drop came by and its a one hit ko :/

Good anime though it definitely deserves a 7/10
Sep 30, 2013 2:53 PM

Feb 2008
that ending was not very satisfying.
Sep 30, 2013 4:34 PM

Jun 2013
all hell breaks loose and he's wearing shorts wait he turned but still has his personality epic fight and they played the first OP cool i enjoyed it for the most part
Sep 30, 2013 5:19 PM

May 2012
Those meteors drop. An overall good anime. Too bad Jinbei still did not know that she is the Mushibugyo. Wonder if in the manga he already does...
Sep 30, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
So although I really came to enjoy this...that finale was not very good. Jinbei was like freaking invisible and 'dem finishers had next to zero collateral damage lol. Meteor storm lol was like a mini nuke.

That said, the second half was much better than the first and I really enjoyed it. It always had the "Medeka Box" feeling to it which is a positive thing for me. The relationship between Jinbei and Kuroageha was heart warming and all their dialogue was touching.

In the end 7 maybe 8/10. I'm feeling partial to an 8 at this point.
Sep 30, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Nice standard ending.
6/10 as a whole.
Sep 30, 2013 7:01 PM

Jan 2008
Final episode was over the top, and the ending was cliche...as expected of a shounen-genre adaption, but I liked it for what it was worth. Although Sanada Yukimura is dead (for real this time), insects still appear; which makes things seem like everyday life has returned--even if one of the main disturbances that threaten their daily lives still lurk about. Second season anyone?

The only things left are I'm guessing is who will Jinbei end up with...but then this would add a romance sub-genre in the mix and wouldn't be as shounen-oriented anymore; not that I mind if it does. The other thing would be the explanation of Jibei's mother's death, unless I missed something and she might have just died of illness...can't really remember from the top of my head.

That leaves me wondering though...after Jinbei absorbs the princess's poison, and essentially unleashes it in combination to his sword techniques onto Sanaka Yukimura...does that mean Princess Naa is a normal girl again, or similar to before where skin contact is poisonous? Whatever it is, I'm sure Jinbei would probably be the only one that can take it. It's like they were made for each other.
Estoy_GordoSep 30, 2013 7:05 PM
Sep 30, 2013 8:21 PM

Sep 2008
oh my gawd, what the ^%$# did i just watch??!? it felt pretty good from eps 1 to 25 and then BANG! the director decided to get his 6yr old son to do the directing for the last ep...

Yukimura turned into an Aizen, and Jinbe now has Fujitora powers

5/10
Sep 30, 2013 8:32 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty high tension for the ending. But I heard that it is very different from the manga where Sanada did not die (and even a few of his lackeys seemed to survive) and Jinbei actually learned the true identity of Mushibugyou?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 30, 2013 8:34 PM

Sep 2013
Potato Boy: Ohayooo Gozaimasu.

Pretty good ending with those new techniques.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Sep 30, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2011
For what it was it was ok. I'm glad they gave it a happy ending at least rather than ending on the manga version where we woulda been left screaming for a sequel.

Valaskjalf said:

Sep 30, 2013 8:55 PM

Jun 2013
Fun series it had its funny and epic moments. Jinbei vs Yukimura was pretty awesome those meteors though!!!!
BattousaiLuffySep 30, 2013 9:09 PM
Oct 1, 2013 12:54 AM

Apr 2013
really enjoyed this series. from the awesome j-punk OP of the first half of the series to the downright 80s/90s style ED of the second half of the series.
Oct 1, 2013 1:57 AM

Jul 2010
UnbornMVs said:

7/10

glad I wasn't the only one that notice that.

It drives me crazy that they couldn't tell that idiot that she's not a servant.
Oct 1, 2013 5:31 AM

Aug 2010
Morcombe said:
For what it was it was ok. I'm glad they gave it a happy ending at least rather than ending on the manga version where we woulda been left screaming for a sequel.

Valaskjalf said:

Damn that seems pretty damn epic!!! I really hope the manga will be picked up >_<
Oct 1, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2008
I enjoyed the series 8/10 hope there be a second season but i doubt there would be i don't know what it could be based on...but i hope there moreeeeeeee!!!
Oct 1, 2013 12:27 PM

Jul 2010
It is stalling towards a 7/10, but I give it 8/10 because I had a lot of fun.
Those meteorites were fucking hilarious.

Saito6689 said:

Ahahaha, thought the same.
Oct 1, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2011
I was like... that is how you end an anime, of course with a bang!
Tsukishima pulling those techniques simultaneously was awesome, and then he landed the final blow with that Meteor Drop! Whoo.

Giving it a 6/10. Made me entertained even its themes is really cliche.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2013 10:18 PM

Mar 2009
Funnily enough, initially I was only interested in this show because of the funny hairstyles(reminded me of Shiki), but I actually got a really solid shonen. I enjoyed it a lot. And Jinbei x Kuroageha made the show for me. 7/10

I'd love another season.
Oct 2, 2013 5:51 AM

May 2012
I hope there is second season

8/10
Oct 2, 2013 5:02 PM

Jun 2012
Great ending, pretty good series. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

7/10 for this one, glad I got to watch it ^^

Oct 4, 2013 12:22 AM

Mar 2012
I really enjoyed the first half but then the anime started getting way too corny during the second half especially in this last episode : / Really liked both EDs though :)

6/10.
Oct 4, 2013 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
Great ending episode and overall good series.

Likes - I knew Jinbei had a connection to the Insect Hunters, that was clear the first time he he came in contact with the poison and didn't die. I also knew that Kotori had his own level of 'undercover' bad@$$ness and it was good to see him in action. Once again, I love the connection between Jinbei and Kuroageha; those two were meant for each other. Now, if we can just get rid of boobie girl.

Dislikes - Mugai's role was deliberately reduced to a meager side-kick. For him to have been the most prominent member of the Insect Magistrate, his fighting role was almost nil. After all everyone's been through in Kushuu (especially Jinbei & Kuro), the group returns to Edo with seemingly Jinbei non-the-wiser about the Magistrate/servant and a face-full of Haru's boobs. Great fan-service.
Oct 25, 2013 9:56 PM
Jul 2013
It was okay.
That cliche fight at the end though...7/10.
Oct 28, 2013 11:50 PM

Jul 2011
I ended up loving this series so much. At first I felt like normal to it, but after 8 episodes I was so into it I marathoned the last 15 episodes in a day.
Nov 24, 2013 9:05 AM

Jun 2008
Disappointed by the last episode. It reminded me of the rush ending from Claymore. Is so obvious this is not how things where supposed to be and it's just a random power-up bullshit to defeat the villain and close it.
Nov 30, 2013 1:55 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:
Disappointed by the last episode. It reminded me of the rush ending from Claymore. Is so obvious this is not how things where supposed to be and it's just a random power-up bullshit to defeat the villain and close it.

I agree, i guess this is where the term "ass pull" comes from. Over all the series did have some slight enjoyment, but really the story had sort of a terrible structure, really uninspiring characters that you probably won't even remember and i think what really annoyed me the most was the MC. I mean i know all shonen MC's have that tendency to be air headed, its one of the popular trope's on shonen's but him being so oblivious and ignorant to the fact that she was the magistrate and he still could not figure it out even after her past was revealed before him and yukimaru mentioned that she was the princess several times. He should of connected the dots.

Also the final battle was a cliche like everyone says. Some of the good episodes were during the moments when they started revealing the past of yukimara and the magistrate which i liked.

Other then that, the over all pacing was kind of a convoluted mess and the end felt rushed as hell. It seems they never resolved anything behind this "King" or eternal insect yet but I guess the manga is still being published so their is more to the story.

6/10

Dec 2, 2013 12:34 AM

Oct 2012
Oh it's the end.. No second season then...
Jinbei haven't mastered Mt.Fuji's style... yet
How about the 'King'?

Well, I'll read the manga xD
The only different story is in this arc.. right??

MEsoJD said:
UnbornMVs said:

glad I wasn't the only one that notice that.

Akanezora said:
Saito6689 said:

Ahahaha, thought the same.

I never noticed that.. The only thing I noticed just the name (isn't she embarrassed to said her fighting style before??)
Then my mind still an innocent one xD

kisami said:
that ending was not very satisfying.

link9us said:
Monad said:

I agree, i guess this is where the term "ass pull" comes from. Over all the series did have some slight enjoyment, but really the story had sort of a terrible structure, really uninspiring characters that you probably won't even remember and i think what really annoyed me the most was the MC. I mean i know all shonen MC's have that tendency to be air headed, its one of the popular trope's on shonen's but him being so oblivious and ignorant to the fact that she was the magistrate and he still could not figure it out even after her past was revealed before him and yukimaru mentioned that she was the princess several times. He should of connected the dots.

Also the final battle was a cliche like everyone says. Some of the good episodes were during the moments when they started revealing the past of yukimara and the magistrate which i liked.

Other then that, the over all pacing was kind of a convoluted mess and the end felt rushed as hell. It seems they never resolved anything behind this "King" or eternal insect yet but I guess the manga is still being published so their is more to the story.

6/10

Well, rushing things are good afterall..
That's why most of manga are better than the anime (maybe it's because of low-budget?)
Rayl1ghtDec 2, 2013 12:57 AM
"Signature removed"
Dec 8, 2013 8:51 AM

Jun 2011
This series was way better than I expected!

I had ZERO expectations for this - I thought it would be yet another average shounen series.
What I got was a really well-executed average shounen series!

Oh and Mushibugyou was definitely better than that other 2-cour show that ran at the same time and is soooo overrated...
Mar 13, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2012
started off iffy then good then turned into kiddy shit at the end...

lol @ random meteor drop

7/10
May 27, 2014 5:27 PM

Jun 2011
I am one of the minority that says first half was much better than the second half, with first half being decent, you can guess how bad I think the second half is, especially the characters. At first Jinbei had his charm, he was weak, but he dares to admit, and never let his silly pride get in the way of his job, then in the second half he turned into a chick (even dude) magnet, annoyingly stupid, and could go into some random SSJ-bloodline-shit. Characters sometime act OOC too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 25, 2015 7:47 AM

Feb 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
I am one of the minority that says first half was much better than the second half, with first half being decent, you can guess how bad I think the second half is, especially the characters.

^this. I enjoyed the first half more, but I like the character development with Mushibugyou and Jinbei on the second half. Because of this, I started to ship them more than HaruxJinbei.

I wished he could've kissed one of the girls in the end though (or vice versa)... But I guess I shouldn't expect since he's an idiot. lol
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushibugyou Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

33 by Vindicater »»
Jul 11, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mushibugyou Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2013

30 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:10 PM

Poll: » Mushibugyou Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

35 by Vindicater »»
Jul 7, 2023 6:20 AM

Poll: » Mushibugyou Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2013

33 by Vindicater »»
Jul 4, 2023 4:48 AM

Poll: » Mushibugyou Episode 21 Discussion

SilentTruth - Aug 26, 2013

23 by Vindicater »»
Jan 15, 2023 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.